Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,115 members, 7,828,975 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja (5338 Views)

See Funny Comparison Of Tinubu And Obi's Visit To Emir Of Lafia (Photo) / Herman Mashaba: No Need To Apologise To Nigeria - Mayor Of Johannesburg Says / Goodluck Jonathan Arrives Johannesburg As An International Election Observer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by WannaHowzit(m): 12:36am On May 20, 2020
Lagos is GREEN. Johannesburg is GREY.

2 Likes

Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by WannaHowzit(m): 12:36am On May 20, 2020
Lagos is GREEN. Johannesburg is GREY

Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by WannaHowzit(m): 12:40am On May 20, 2020

1 Like

Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by SadiqBabaSani: 12:45am On May 20, 2020
i m nt interested in d details
Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by WannaHowzit(m): 12:50am On May 20, 2020
SadiqBabaSani:
i m nt interested in d details

Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by WannaHowzit(m): 12:57am On May 20, 2020
Abuja is PURPLE. Lagos is GREY.

1 Like

Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by WannaHowzit(m): 1:03am On May 20, 2020

1 Like

Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by WannaHowzit(m): 1:08am On May 20, 2020

Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by johnfaleks(m): 1:24am On May 20, 2020
Money is good
Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by Nobody: 3:58am On May 20, 2020
Lagos is over hyped honestly .....if you take out transportation ...the average worker in south south or south east earns far more than Lagos worker

Live better life , remember the first time I went to Lagos ....flight was 45 mine ...took me 2 house plus to leave the airport ...another 3 hours to get to lekki ... quality of roads were far from smooth like I was used to in enugu and port Harcourt or even Abuja

It's a crazy place and as a pH boy the food where very very poor below standard even at a price I couldn't even imagine

Honestly I can't stay in Lagos at all, the only people really making money in Lagos are the business people but the blue and white collar workers ...just a waste of time

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by swtdrms(m): 4:03am On May 20, 2020
I quite agree with the Lagos/Abuja comparison. Abuja is an underdeveloped Urban Centre and a (over) crowded city. With the right contact and resources, i rather move to Johannesburg; higher GDP, better standard of living, adequate energy and ofcourse better living condition and work environment

5 Likes

Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by doeeyed: 5:14am On May 20, 2020
I'd agree with some of the infographics..but pls correct me..

Abuja has more factories than Lagos
Its population can't be that large, taking onboard a significant proportion are mobile:- returning to their respective homes over the weekend.

Also interesting is Lagos' poor use of power:- I want to believe that the stats takes no account of independent power generators.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by BlowYourMind: 5:24am On May 20, 2020
ok
Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by BlowYourMind: 5:32am On May 20, 2020
[s]
Igbochief001:
Lagos is over hyped honestly .....if you take out transportation ...the average worker in south south or south east earns far more than Lagos worker

Live better life , remember the first time I went to Lagos ....flight was 45 mine ...took me 2 house plus to leave the airport ...another 3 hours to get to lekki ... quality of roads were far from smooth like I was used to in enugu and port Harcourt or even Abuja

It's a crazy place and as a pH boy the food where very very poor below standard even at a price I couldn't even imagine

Honestly I can't stay in Lagos at all, the only people really making money in Lagos are the business people but the blue and white collar workers ...just a waste of time

[/s] Where is onitsha and Aba or any other Hamlet in the south east for comparison? Take your Igbo people out of Lagos and see how it will be depopulated, you cry, wail and mourn over the problems you caused

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by Kenmatt(m): 5:42am On May 20, 2020
My first choice three Cities to live in Nigeria are; PH, Abuja while Lagos comes last.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by Parisian: 6:02am On May 20, 2020
Same here.
Kenmatt:
My first choice three Cities to live in Nigeria are; PH, Abuja while Lagos comes last.
Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by Conductor261: 6:17am On May 20, 2020
BlowYourMind:
[s][/s] Where is onitsha and Aba or any other Hamlet in the south east for comparison? Take your Igbo people out of Lagos and see how it will be depopulated, you cry, wail and mourn over the problems you caused
And recently the arewa yoots
Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by thundafire: 6:20am On May 20, 2020
Igbochief001:

then let the southern ports begin to work,then watch how Dey country will rapidly grow

2 Likes

Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by Olachase(m): 7:26am On May 20, 2020
lol Lagos anytime any day I'm use to Lagos life

10 Likes

Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by Lanretoye(m): 7:32am On May 20, 2020
Igbochief001:

lagos is overhyped really and that’s why most of your people here are doing better than most of you there.

21 Likes

Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by DanHaske: 7:35am On May 20, 2020
In terms of development, they should have compared Lagos with Nairobi first instead.
Lagos life no be life. The way they live there is not how humans are supposed to live. You will never know until you step out of lagos to Abuja or any other city around. Its just chaos over there

5 Likes

Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by OkutaNla: 7:50am On May 20, 2020
BlowYourMind:
[s][/s] Where is onitsha and Aba or any other Hamlet in the south east for comparison? Take your Igbo people out of Lagos and see how it will be depopulated, you cry, wail and mourn over the problems you caused

Don't mind those ones. Biafrats are two-faced lots. They complain the most about Lagos, yet they won't stop flooding the state like Almajirais.

26 Likes

Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by wickyyolo: 7:52am On May 20, 2020
Igbochief001:

Your analysis is emotional and sentimental.

24 Likes

Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by 24SEVEN: 7:53am On May 20, 2020
Look at the pix properly, that is London and not Lagos.

1 Like

Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by MilesLamar(m): 9:23am On May 20, 2020
Lagos is way too over hyped abeg... Let's face the truth and not be sentimental, No need of name calling it is what it is.

3 Likes

Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by Benbellamor: 9:40am On May 20, 2020
wickyyolo:

Your analysis is emotional and sentimental.
unfortunately its the bitter truth.... I just moved to Abuja last year and I can't explain the freedom of time, value of money and rest of mind I am enjoying now compare to the Prison life we lived in ajah badore everyday traffic to CMS toll gates trafic plus bonny camp to idumota....everyday... It's Hell on earth without value to money. Lagos is too overhyped....it is an insult to mention Lagos and jo'borg in a sentence....

4 Likes

Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by Cherez: 9:50am On May 20, 2020
BlowYourMind:
Everything is not about tribe.
You know there's a truth in what he's saying
An average white & blue collar job in Lagos is whack.
A room mini flat rent in Yaba is about N500k, with this you can get a bungalow in some parts of Ogun state.
Lagos is rich but standard of living there for most people is bad

4 Likes

Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by Bede2u(m): 10:10am On May 20, 2020
BlowYourMind:
lol Lagos is former FCT ogbeni.

Where is Heebadan for comparison?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by olasaad(f): 1:37pm On May 20, 2020
Igbochief001:

If you agree with this man lemme see your hand

1 Like

Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by BrownLondon(m): 1:50pm On May 20, 2020
Bede2u:
lol Lagos is former FCT ogbeni.

Where is Heebadan for comparison?
Calabar, Asaba and Lokoja were also formal capital cities, Mr man.

1 Like

Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by TMKsouth: 1:58pm On May 20, 2020
Wow, Joburg beats Lagos HANDS DOWN!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Will Kill Buhari In Imo State - IPOB Members - PHOTOS / What Actually Did Peter Obi Do In Anambra State? / FG Needs ₦‎3.2 Trillion Subsidy To Reverse Electricity Tariff Hike – NERC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.