Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,157 members, 7,849,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:13 AM

See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja (5350 Views)

See Funny Comparison Of Tinubu And Obi's Visit To Emir Of Lafia (Photo) / Herman Mashaba: No Need To Apologise To Nigeria - Mayor Of Johannesburg Says / Goodluck Jonathan Arrives Johannesburg As An International Election Observer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by Nobody: 2:04pm On May 20, 2020
Conductor261:

And recently the arewa yoots

People don't understand how much the Yorubas need their own country.

People migrate enmass to the southwest.

Cause huge population problems there and still turn around to show us slums in those areas. Same slums they live in

I am tired of talking about it.
Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by Dagah2: 2:10pm On May 20, 2020
BlowYourMind:
[s][/s] Where is onitsha and Aba or any other Hamlet in the south east for comparison? Take your Igbo people out of Lagos and see how it will be depopulated, you cry, wail and mourn over the problems you caused

Who compares a town with a whole state? Onitsha is but a town in Anambra state, same with Nnewi, Aba in Abia state too.

1 Like

Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by WannaHowzit(m): 11:47pm On May 20, 2020
24SEVEN:
Look at the pix properly, that is London and not Lagos.

That is just the front page of the website comparing 500 cities.

1 Like

Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by Leo3333: 2:36am On May 21, 2020
wickyyolo:

Your analysis is emotional and sentimental.

He might be emotional and sentimental but he spoke the truth nonetheless.

Lagos needs a serious de-congestion and clean-up.

2 Likes

Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by WannaHowzit(m): 8:56am On May 31, 2020
TMKsouth:
Wow, Joburg beats Lagos HANDS DOWN!

In all indices.
Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by ahaz: 9:10am On May 31, 2020
BlowYourMind:
[s][/s] Where is onitsha and Aba or any other Hamlet in the south east for comparison? Take your Igbo people out of Lagos and see how it will be depopulated, you cry, wail and mourn over the problems you caused
mugu when they call Lagos you goats will rush like swam if bees as if Lagos is Yoruba's achievement...rubbish which hamlets in that your flood ravaged brown roof enclave you can use to compare any city in the east..amoeba

2 Likes

Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by ahaz: 9:13am On May 31, 2020
OkutaNla:

Don't mind those ones. Biafrats are two-faced lots. They complain the most about Lagos, yet they won't stop flooding the state like Almajirais.
The last time we checked Lagos is not Oshogbo or ekiti so please brag about your state and leave Lagos for the aworis

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by ahaz: 9:16am On May 31, 2020
wickyyolo:

Your analysis is emotional and sentimental.
which one is sentimental..you Yoruba's hate hearing the truth cos you are accustomed to lies,decit,and falsehood which is part of you peoples culture and runs in your collective d.n.a
you are confronted with a reputable data from a reputable firm yet,you want to find a hole around to tell a trade mark lie

2 Likes

Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by ahaz: 9:18am On May 31, 2020
Benbellamor:
unfortunately its the bitter truth.... I just moved to Abuja last year and I can't explain the freedom of time, value of money and rest of mind I am enjoying now compare to the Prison life we lived in ajah badore everyday traffic to CMS toll gates trafic plus bonny camp to idumota....everyday... It's Hell on earth without value to money. Lagos is too overhyped....it is an insult to mention Lagos and jo'borg in a sentence....
Jesu see brutality

1 Like

Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by ENG0701: 10:04am On May 31, 2020
Benbellamor:
unfortunately its the bitter truth.... I just moved to Abuja last year and I can't explain the freedom of time, value of money and rest of mind I am enjoying now compare to the Prison life we lived in ajah badore everyday traffic to CMS toll gates trafic plus bonny camp to idumota....everyday... It's Hell on earth without value to money. Lagos is too overhyped....it is an insult to mention Lagos and jo'borg in a sentence....

I agree with you. I have lived in Abuja and Lagos, and Abuja is way more peaceful.
However, there is a reason people keep flocking to Lagos. Lagos has more opportunities than other cities. There are more jobs and businesses thrive more in Lagos. If other cities in Nigeria get their acts together, the burden on Lagos will reduce.
And also, Lagos has one the smallest landmass in the country, there is a limit to how much people it can sustain.

1 Like

Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by SarkinYarki: 10:07am On May 31, 2020
Only a fool will think Lagos is working

1 Like

Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by Nobody: 10:23am On May 31, 2020
ahaz:
Jesu see brutality

Is that why u r frustrated mentioning them one by one..... U r really pained dt no south yeast comes close at AL..

Awori is southwest
Lagos is southwest
South West is yoruba

Official language : yoruba

All towns are in Yoruba names, never seen any igbo name for any Lagos town.

If you are pained, bring any south yeast states for comparison...

Even Uyo beats all south yeast.. Yes ordinary Uyo

4 Likes

Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by PHAYOL81: 12:16pm On May 31, 2020
SarkinYarki:
Only a fool will think Lagos is working

Perhaps, you meant to say only a fool would say Lagos is not working. Pray, why do you think the state gets so populated? D'you understand the FCT whom the independent body(Shell) rated only underdeveloped would be thirty years next year as Fct; same years the Lagos(rated a city) used with the status? Why hadn't the latter stagnated while Abuja overtake with all the money pumped into its developments? Why are investors still trooping into Lagos enmass and not to your percieved state with good governance.

Kindly remind me again which state has the most projects ongoing in the country... either in housing, roads, industry, services and improving policy? Y'all complain about the traffic gridlock all the time but you fail to think that the state has the least landmass even with all the acquisitions from the sea while it has the most population of humans and cars all over the state. The 2018 estimate done on the third mainland bridge shown there were about nine hundred thousand movement of automobiles going through the region everyday; now, tell me why the roads won't be overwhelmed. And come to think of it, the state provided a waterway means but the system is being ignored by the same populace who want succour.

Benbellamor:

Like they say, things can only get better. But sometimes, traffic congestion is the price you pay for being a nation's commercial hub; ask New York City, ask Osaka, Japan. Yet, it doesn't mean they are no more a city. Infact, the Lagos is even rated a city (YEAH, OVERPOPULATED) while the Abuja you're hyping is rated an underdeveloped urban center. Perhaps, you've got to grab your dictionary to see the difference.

ENG0701:

I agree with you. I have lived in Abuja and Lagos, and Abuja is way more peaceful.
However, there is a reason people keep flocking to Lagos. Lagos has more opportunities than other cities. There are more jobs and businesses thrive more in Lagos. If other cities in Nigeria get their acts together, the burden on Lagos will reduce.
And also, Lagos has one the smallest landmass in the country, there is a limit to how much people it can sustain.

Thank you. Thay want to see a bottle filled but still want to turn the uncapped bottle over and not spill the content. Abuja has a landmass 2X bigger than Lagos yet has an estimated population half of Lagos and they expect to have the same scenario. Infact, I don't understand.
Thank God they ain't the investors accessing the potentials of all these states hence even the Lekki Ftz and Ibeju Lekki new Alaro city has amassed tens of new investment into the country through the state. Yet, somebody's saying Lagos is not working. I don't jnow what else he'd wanted the government to do. and when the government focus on upgrading the slums they point at, many of them shout again saying they are being marginalized.
Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by ahaz: 1:20pm On May 31, 2020
Nnamdipapakanu:

Is that why u r frustrated mentioning them one by one..... U r really pained dt no south yeast comes close at AL..

Awori is southwest
Lagos is southwest
South West is yoruba

Official language : yoruba

All towns are in Yoruba names, never seen any igbo name for any Lagos town.

If you are pained, bring any south yeast states for comparison...

Even Uyo beats all south yeast.. Yes ordinary Uyo
useless Land grabbers
Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by kingzizzy: 1:34pm On May 31, 2020
TMKsouth:
Wow, Joburg beats Lagos HANDS DOWN!

Except in population, Johannesburg is far more developed than Lagos

1 Like

Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by wickyyolo: 5:54pm On May 31, 2020
ahaz:
which one is sentimental..you Yoruba's hate hearing the truth cos you are accustomed to lies,decit,and falsehood which is part of you peoples culture and runs in your collective d.n.a
you are confronted with a reputable data from a reputable firm yet,you want to find a hole around to tell a trade mark lie

I’m not even Yoruba.
Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by muykem: 6:00pm On May 31, 2020
Igbochief001:
Lagos is over hyped honestly .....if you take out transportation ...the average worker in south south or south east earns far more than Lagos worker

Live better life , remember the first time I went to Lagos ....flight was 45 mine ...took me 2 house plus to leave the airport ...another 3 hours to get to lekki ... quality of roads were far from smooth like I was used to in enugu and port Harcourt or even Abuja

It's a crazy place and as a pH boy the food where very very poor below standard even at a price I couldn't even imagine

Honestly I can't stay in Lagos at all, the only people really making money in Lagos are the business people but the blue and white collar workers ...just a waste of time

You lied apart from oil workers in south south, please which company or government pay more than Lagos in south east? I don't want to talk about available opportunities.

1 Like

Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by mystery22: 6:08pm On May 31, 2020
How can you compare Lagos with Johannesburg,compare Lagos with Accra or Kampala,south Africa is not in our league honestly,Botswana are far ahead,even Kenya is more developed than Nigeria,go to Nairobi and see things,24/7light,good roads,no agbero,1million boys,omonile and the useless rest of them....we are giant of Africa on paper....all this Ogun state ritualist that will remain in there hut saying nonsense,travel for once and see things....our passports is the most useless in the world...nothing is working...yet when some tribe want to stay on their own,some shameless tribe that dread staying alone,will start vibrating like imbec*les
ignorance is bliss........
Re: See Shell's Comparison Of Lagos Against Johannesburg and Abuja by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 31, 2020
cities in South Africa are no match for Nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

Youth Empowerment: Enugu Government Establishes Tech Hub Centres / If Buhari Had Won The April Polls / Photos: US Dumps 24 Mine Resistant Vehicles To Nigerian Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.