Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father (34187 Views)

Mide Martins Reunites With Afeez Owo, Her Husband / Jumoke Orisaguna, Ex-Breadseller Reunites With Her Husband (photos) / Davido Reunites With Girlfriend, Sira Kante In New York (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by ITEM71(m): 9:23am On Jan 18, 2011
42yrs old is strong nd bold enough to do things her/his way,what's your business in this? Did she ask for opinion?   Or come to anyone for consultation?  Looks like some ppl are not just happy for,maybe for that fact she is not in any way connected to them, join hand to praise the woman effort for tracing something that really matters to her,support or hang or even jump from your window,see jealousy in NL
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by philip0906(m): 9:29am On Jan 18, 2011
OMO IBO:

Oh wow.
Common sense isn't common after all.
How hard is it to understand that you can't impose an idea in the name of culture and/or tradition on a 42 year old? Let alone a 42 year old american??

oh well,maybe the word "common sense" would have 2 be re-defined,2 suit d mental deficiencies of Mr Sagamite. . .
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by chika98: 9:29am On Jan 18, 2011
philip0906:

u r fed up already?  grin grin grin grin He seems 2 be having orgas.m with all these his dumb rants called arguements. . . undecided

LOL yes o! I don't like gra gra jare
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by yiboboy: 9:52am On Jan 18, 2011
Things I've noticed on this thread:

1) Sworn enemies will align (even tribalism has been set aside) just to denigrate sagamite, sagamite is either very brilliant or very irritating cheesy

2) Minority are of the view that the rite is being imposed on a 42 yr old woman?. . . .excuse moi undecided Whatever happened to her choice and free will?. . . and please don't tell me she's being courteous. FYI, I ain' Igbo.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by san26dy(f): 9:56am On Jan 18, 2011
That is good for her she has been able to see her biological father not everyone has the opportunity to.  About the bride price issue, that is way too funny.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by philip0906(m): 9:59am On Jan 18, 2011
yiboboy:

1) Sworn enemies will align (even tribalism has been set aside) just to denigrate sagamite, sagamite is either very brilliant or very irritating cheesy

2) Minority are of the view that the rite is being imposed on a 42 yr old woman?. . . .excuse moi undecided Whatever happened to her choice and free will?. . . and please don't tell me she's being courteous. FYI, I ain' Igbo.
well,ur second "observation" should answer ur first
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Sagamite(m): 10:12am On Jan 18, 2011
chika98:

I understand your sentiments completely but maybe they did tell her about it like " oh this is how we do it" and she out of her own free will decided to give it a go. Perhaps that is how it happened. I doubt a grown woman such as her self is being coined into doing something she really doesn't want to do.

ifyalways:

Hahahaha,Sagamite and Youtube,M.orron,re.tard and all what not  grin
@Topic,She is an adult,no one can impose anything on anyone.It could have been that she asked how things are done and she decided to do it the "igbo" way.

Perhaps that is how it happened but we really have to go by the news report if we are going to discuss it.

It is crude to be insisting someone not raised in the culture pays bride price especially for a woman you never raised.

chika98:

Africans have and will always impose but this is a discussion for another day. My whole point here is . . . These back and forth is rather redundant now. You have even said it yourself trying to make uncouth people understand where you're coming from is like watching a paint dry. They will not understand where you're coming from. Neither will you them. Now let's all call it day shall we now?

Come on. You know I am not adverse to polemics when people are talking like mooorons.

Now watch the new one, Omo Ibo.

OMO IBO:

Oh wow.
Common sense isn't common after all.
How hard is it to understand that you can't impose an idea in the name of culture and/or tradition on a 42 year old? Let alone a 42 year old american??

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NGDS5pI9Y4[/flash]

Mooooron!!!

Obviously common sense is not common as you have demonstrated a lot of times. grin

Dimwit, your common sense did not tell you that someone might agree to something they are not keen on if people they are ingratiating themselves with are insisting? [Read that carefully before you open your daft gob or else you will be intellectually bashed severely]

philip0906:

oh well,maybe the word "common sense" would have 2 be re-defined,2 suit d mental deficiencies of Mr Sagamite. . .

Empty, ranting reetard!

ITEM 7:

42yrs old is strong nd bold enough to do things her/his way,what's your business in this? Did she ask for opinion?   Or come to anyone for consultation?  Looks like some ppl are not just happy for,maybe for that fact she is not in any way connected to them, join hand to praise the woman effort for  tracing something that really matters to her,support or hang or even jump from your window,see jealousy in NL

Honestly, Nigeria's education system has completely collapse.

The amount of reetards that just pick moronic conjectures from thin air and vomit it like a cretin NA WAH!

yiboboy:

Very much the first (brilliant) and mostly to mooorons the second (irritating).

I am very happy to be both.

1 Like

Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by hustla(m): 10:20am On Jan 18, 2011
e sure me say ht ibo man na liar, grin grin grin
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by philip0906(m): 10:23am On Jan 18, 2011
@saga
u must be feeling like some super man sort of. . .I can c d excitement in ur eyes as u tell ur ilks how u took on some imaginary peeps on a faceless forum. . .I can't stop u 4 enjoying though,suit urself grin grin grin
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Sagamite(m): 10:28am On Jan 18, 2011
philip0906:

@saga
u must be feeling like some super man sort of. . .I can c d excitement in your eyes as u tell your ilks how u took on some imaginary peeps on a faceless forum. . .I can't stop u 4 enjoying though,suit urself grin grin grin

It is really very easy, I don't have to be superman, I just use the same insults as my AK47.

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z2ucmARq-k[/flash]
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by DeeJay20: 10:31am On Jan 18, 2011
Good for her, but the father would only be interested because she is now
"FAMOUS" and the Nigerian Embassy in America is only doing this
for "branding and image reasons", ITS A BIG SHAME !!!

And this FAMOUS lady is only one of the countless many Nigerian children
who mothers were Impregnated by Nigerian Men who quickly dissapeared
or gave the child up for adoption as they did not want to bear the responsibility or
they did not want to Marry an African American woman or bear the wahala
of a mixed Nigerian child.

My father told me of various top guys who are successful men in Nigeria
that he knew of schooled with that have "Love-children" in America & Europe!!!

AND MY UNCLE IS A CULPRIT OF THIS FOOLISHNESS!!!

He got an African American girl Pregnant afte Graduating from
UNI in America and then he dissappeared to Nigeria!!!

sO Many Nigerian guys did this in the 70's and early 80's as my Father
told me, so sad.

1 Like

Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Sagamite(m): 10:32am On Jan 18, 2011
DeeJay20:

Good for her, but the father would only be interested because she is now
"FAMOUS" and the Nigerian Embassy in America is only doing this
for "branding and image reasons", ITS A BIG SHAME !!!
And this FAMOUS lady is only one of the countless many Nigerian children
who mothers were Impregnated by Nigerian Men who quickly dissapeared
or gave the child up for adoption as they did not want to bea they
did not want to Marry an African American woman or bear the wahala
of an Amrican child.

AND MY UNCLE IS A CULPRIT OF THIS FOOLISHNESS!!!

He got an African American girl Pregnant afte Graduating from
UNI in America and then he dissappeared to Nigeria!!!

sO Many Nigerian guys did this in the 70's and early 80's as my Father
told me, so sad,

Fcking sick!

1 Like

Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by rethink: 10:35am On Jan 18, 2011
@Sagamite

I salute you for your talking on this page. I cant believe that we still have RREetarrds still in Nigeria to the degree I read on NL. Can you imagine the stupidology. Very soon if a yoruba or Igbo man ssshits they will find evidence to differentiate and rationalise that there is crude oil in the Ssshit. This reeetarrds are not Nigerians they should fuccking leave Nigeria alone. Someones personal discovery becomes someones headache.

You reetard that posted that antshit I can imagine you have achieved nothing and you think you will achieve nothing so you say to your self  "let me use someone else's live to vindicate/malign a group" The group which your reeetarded life has done nothing to improve.

REEEtard get a life

1 Like

Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by DeeJay20: 10:37am On Jan 18, 2011
Sagamite:

Fcking sick!

MY Uncle does not even feel ashamed of this, i guess my father had to tell me the truth
in case the child came looking for my Uncle,
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Sagamite(m): 10:44am On Jan 18, 2011
DeeJay20:

MY Uncle does not even feel ashamed of this, i guess my father had to tell me the truth
in case the child came looking for my Uncle,

Abeg, no make me vomit!

1 Like

Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Zi: 11:14am On Jan 18, 2011
@saga. I hv shared ur points & can't agree less. But if u r fully convinced wit urself, y take ur time & energy draging rights wit some imposters?!
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by mrperfect(m): 11:23am On Jan 18, 2011
I belief the way some people handle any pleasant issue as if is a tragedy, makes me to think a serious prayer is needed to deliver this great forum from this a motional conflict that stem from it almost all the times.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Sagamite(m): 11:25am On Jan 18, 2011
Zi:

@saga. I hv shared your points & can't agree less. But if u r fully convinced wit urself, y take your time & energy draging rights wit some imposters?!

I am a very religious man and take my religion very seriously.

Because of my religion, I like to educate people for free, hence the fundamental reason I joined NL in the first place.

My religion which I am the Pope and Ayatollah of is the Religion of Objectivity and Intelligence. I just love preaching the doctrine of the religion like a prayer warrior pastor or a jihadist mullah.  cool
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by DeeJay20: 11:49am On Jan 18, 2011
Sagamite:

Abeg, no make me vomit!

Sorry Dude, did not mean to make you "sick"
but i guess that was one of the "SHOCKERS" of my life.

I had turned "18" and my dad sat me down with my older brother
and said their are some things he had to tell me now
so that i did not get any un-expected surprises or revelations
from relatives or family friends.

My uncles antics in the states
with african-american women was one of them plus some other
shocking tales about things that my father/mother experienced
that they kept from us(their children) untill we had to be told
in order to prepare for adulthood.

I worked with a mixed race ibo girl who was born and raised
in Nottingham a few years back and i could not understand why she
avoided me in the office and did not want to relate with me untill
we went out for "office-xmas lunch" and then i asked her about her father
and he face went *pale*!!!

she said she did not know him as he left when she
was nearly 1 year old, i suggested that she should track him down
via "home office" etc, well a couple of months later she came
to me in the office and told me that she had located her dad and he was coming to
visit her in London.

I dont know why but i felt like ashamed of being
a Nigerian guy since the time she told me of the Dads bail-out untill she
found him, but if you could see the "look on her face after she found her father"
it was so un-explainable and amazing, she later told me she had enrolled to learn
the igbo language at a learning centre and she said the bitterness and
pain in her heart had been healed by just meeting her dad, she says she has
2 half brother and 3 half sisters. she went to Nigeria with the Dad and Boyfriend
to visit them.

I wish my uncle could come clean too, he knows that i know about his "LOVE-CHILD"
in america, not knowing who fathered you is not an easy issue to leave with!!!

1 Like

Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Sagamite(m): 12:01pm On Jan 18, 2011
^^^Thanks for the nice story.

It makes my blood boil and I wonder how some people can be so cruel as to abandon a child.

Imagine a little thing growing up feeling unwanted by (one of or both) the people that produced her. It is in my view worse than a parent passing away, as terrible as that is.

Such people set an individual up early in life with an inferiority complex.

I remember my 2 closest friends who never knew their dads (both died when they were young) telling me that they always wondered where my over-confidence comes from, then they said it was most likely because I grew up with both parents, and after they met my father, there was no question where it came from grin. Before that, I never really thought of it that way. As butch as they are, they most times (when we were younger) had to be tipsy to step to women as they hated the rejection. Me, I go step with all confidence and creativity, rejection no be big thing, one go enter one day.  grin That was why I figured why they needed to drink.

Kids need both parents (if both are sane) to have the best chance to be well rounded.

If you have the belly, it might be time to speak to your uncle frankly and convince him to be the one to search for the child. That might heal a bit of the wound of the kid and better than the child coming to look for him.

1 Like

Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by ITEM71(m): 12:03pm On Jan 18, 2011
@saga//Honestly, Nigeria's education system has completely collapse.

The amount of reetards that just pick moronic conjectures from thin air and vomit it like a cretin NA WAH

well, u re not paid for having a brain but for using it,,u see urSelf as the NL super mario i guess,, u think u re a so smart person eh? so act in a way that your principle of action might be made a law in 9ja, anyway i will ignore your nonsense for thinking that u re making any sense,,
MORONIA
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Sagamite(m): 12:07pm On Jan 18, 2011
ITEM 7:

@saga//Honestly, Nigeria's education system has completely collapse.

The amount of reetards that just pick moronic conjectures from thin air and vomit it like a cretin NA WAH

well, u re not paid for having a brain but for using it,,u see urSelf as the NL super mario i guess,, u think u re a so smart person eh? so act in a way that your principle of action might be made a law in 9ja, anyway i will ignore your nonsense for thinking that u re making any sense,,
MORONIA

Shut up!

They did not teach you grammar in school? How did you get through higher education (if you have already)?

I don't THINK I am a smart person, I KNOW I am an IMMENSELY smart person.

Go back to school and learn how to use verbs and adjectives! Mugu!
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by DeeJay20: 12:17pm On Jan 18, 2011
Sagamite:

As nice as it might be for them to want to practice their newly discovered tradition, tradition should not apply to people who did not grow up, did not know about and do not understand the tradition, ESPECIALLY retrospectively!

If they had been the ones insisting on practicing the tradition, that it fine. I find it EXTREMELY disgusting someone else suggested it and they had to (most likely out of courtesy) agree. More disgusting as it has a financial implication.

I agree wih you on this dude, but also to add after looking at this
issue more closely, it does not appear that it was an issue
of the father leaving the mother and child.

Stacie was born in the 60's (1968) and even though her father got
stacie mother pregnant, it looks like it was near impossible for
them to have a relationship considering the racial climate
of america at that time (1960's just coming out of legal segregation)
and also the fact of the nigerian civil war would have "put a
nail in that coffin" of the father taking his child with him.

Ibos were being monitored and some of them interned during the war period.
One of my Dads friend in London was put in custody due to his ties
with the Biafran Govt in 1969.

I guess the racial issue and the nigerian war issue of that time
may have complicated the issues of the father taking his child and the
laws at that period favoured the white mother, so she must have made the
decision of giving up the child to a foster home due to the racial pressue
and climate of the time.

Stacie must have gotten the truth out of her biological mother
through her foster parents and if the biological father was not "the guilty party"
she would not have gone looking for him. The foster parents must have
told her the truth and i guess she also went to her
biological mother if she was still alive and got more info.

I could be wrong but man leaving in the USA in the 60's was not easy as a
black person and to get a white girl pregnant was like inviting "colossal issues"!!!
Even living in the UK in the late 60's/70's was not easy as my Dad told me!!!!
notice how how she nver mentions the biological mother in the reports!!! hmmm
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by DeeJay20: 12:27pm On Jan 18, 2011
Sagamite:

^^^Thanks for the nice story.

If you have the belly, it might be time to speak to your uncle frankly and convince him to be the one to search for the child. That might heal a bit of the wound of the kid and better than the child coming to look for him.

Belly/stomach NO WAY DUDE!, I cant step to my uncle and talk to him
about this issue!

1 - My uncles is a man full of Pride! he prepared to carry this secret to his grave,

2 - I dont even think his children Know

3 - He knows that i know because i think my Dad told him that
he told me. I dont know why but my uncle trust me more than he trust his children

4 - The nigerian factor is playing big-here, i cant confront an elder
about such an issue,

sorry dude i must admit that i am a coward whe it comes to my uncle and this issue!
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Sagamite(m): 12:37pm On Jan 18, 2011
DeeJay20:

Belly/stomach NO WAY DUDE!, I cant step to my uncle and talk to him
about this issue!

1 - My uncles is a man full of Pride! he prepared to carry this secret to his grave,

2 - I dont even think his children Know

3 - He knows that i know because i think my Dad told him that
he told me. I dont know why but my uncle trust me more than he trust his children

4 - The nigerian factor is playing big-here, i cant confront an elder
about such an issue,

sorry dude i must admit that i am a coward whe it comes to my uncle and this issue!

No biggie!

Unfortunately the environment and its rules we are raised in can be restrictive sometimes.

My own useless uncle that abandoned his kids I don't talk to when I see him apart from greetings, which I dish out informally i.e. no bowing or prostrating plus no eye contact.

Any other attempt at conversation is stifled with a cold, serious-face stare as I mumble with disgust simmering under my breath. He knows it is time to shut up as I have no interest in knowing him, talkless of being close.

He is worse than your uncle though.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-450945.64.html#msg6093882
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by DeeJay20: 12:38pm On Jan 18, 2011
Ujujoan:

Ignorance of the law is NOT an excuse!

Whether or not they know about the tradition, they are still bound by it!

As far as the father accepts her as a daughter, they have to do her marriage according to the tradition or he (the father) will be excommunicated from such gatherings in the community!

ROFLAMO!!! They no go excommunicate nada!!!
FOR WHERE!!! girl-friend dont you know they have hit the jackpot and
the stacie father is the link to the "loterry-ticket" lol,

ABEG LETS US LEAVE THIS MATTER, THEY ARE READY TO NEGOTIATE
AND BEND CULTURE REGARDING THIS MATTER,

AND DO U KNOW OF THE OPPORTUNITIES AND DOORS THAT HAVE OPENED UP
TO STACIE AND THE NIGERIAN POLITCAL/BUSINESS ELITE ON BOTH SIDES REGARDING THIS MATTER!!!

REMEMBER THE NIGERIAN AMBASSADOR TO AMERICA, THE NIGERIAN EXTERNAL AFFAIR MINISTER, IMO STATE GOVORNOR AND BIG WIGS IN NAIJA ARE IN STACIE'S CORNER!!!

1 Like

Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by bisiaet: 1:36pm On Jan 18, 2011
I cant just stop wondering as I read so many post here now twisted the whole issue to tradition and bride price this is funny to be honest. Do the people twisting the whole lots to tradition and bride price or whatever  get the message at all? "She came to meet her father for the first time" and NOT she came for marriage or bride price" God have mercy on us.

[b]Do we need to explode this NL because of [b]Bride price or tradition[/b]as per this issue? Why do some people like taken panadol for another man headache? The person that was slapped did not cry the person who only witness it is now crying this is a surprise. I think it is left to the father and Stacey to decide what they want not me or anybody to be ranting here on bride price or tradition how does that be my headache. I'm originally from the East but that does not mean becuase that is the way in the east so I should be worrying myself for another person family affair to the point of some saying the family should be excommunicate as a poster suggested in page 2 of this thread please what is that for?[/b]

I only congratulate her for her courage that is just my own joy. So many I knew like that are even ashame to be link to Africa and some will head to South Africa and say oh Africa is my route but when you ask where in Africa NEPA will take light no more comment because they dont want to be link up. Stacey am proud of you and I wish more should show up .
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Meldrick(m): 2:04pm On Jan 18, 2011
Good News for the Igbos on Nairaland.

Funnily, the first thing the family requested for was bride price shocked shocked Even when the father realizes he never impacted in the up-bringing of the child. Another opportunity to reap where they have not sown. Another business empire shows up for the Igbo man.

1 Like

Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by bisiaet: 2:18pm On Jan 18, 2011
Good News for the Igbos on Nairaland.

Funnily, the first thing the family requested for was bride price   Even when the father realizes he never impacted in the up-bringing of the child. Another opportunity to reap where they have not sown. Another business empire shows up for the Igbo man.

I must tell you made a good point the man that never knew how she grew up asking for bride price?. My dad came from that region and may be by chance any of my sister find herself in Stacey situation and my dad is now asking for bride price I his son will be the first to query his himt for such demand or request after contributing nothing to her life, it shuold be reconcilation and reunion first before any bride whatever. No offense this is my own stand.

1 Like

Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by namfav(m): 2:39pm On Jan 18, 2011
when she didn't have a family, where was he? when she was being adopted why didn't he come and take her to his village? now she is married n he wants to chop the dollars

dumb igbo

1 Like

Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Meldrick(m): 3:08pm On Jan 18, 2011
namfav:

when she didn't have a family, where was he? when she was being adopted why didn't he come and take her to his village? now she is married n he wants to chop the dollars

dumb igbo

I bet the man will be given a political appointment and a chieftancy title. Breakthrough for the family. Just like Ukwa sang'' Oyibo man , I go chop ya grin grin dollar.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by natural101(m): 3:18pm On Jan 18, 2011
cool too have u bak stacie, i wish i culd see u face to face, i want to be an actor too,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Genevieve Nnaji Is Engaged? (Flaunts A Ring On Twitter/Instagram) / Mr Ibu And Wife Stella Maris Celebrate 4th Wedding Anniversary / Monalisa Chinda And Faithia Balogun Williams Dazzle For House Of Maliq

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.