Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father (34189 Views)

Mide Martins Reunites With Afeez Owo, Her Husband / Jumoke Orisaguna, Ex-Breadseller Reunites With Her Husband (photos) / Davido Reunites With Girlfriend, Sira Kante In New York (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Sagamite(m): 8:58pm On Jan 18, 2011
tpia*:

^^oh, well, maybe they saw something you didnt see.

Yeah.

Most of the time, I saw something I wanted to hump until I tear her into shreds. They can't see that, they are looking for the features a gay has brainwashed them is the idea of beauty.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Olaedo1: 8:59pm On Jan 18, 2011
tpia*:

it's more of a fulani look.

Well then lets just say she looks like a Kwaran. grin
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by buzugee(m): 8:59pm On Jan 18, 2011
Sagamite:

Dem go see boobsbastic, see fine face, see nice bumbum, see crazy figure, dem go come say "O, one of her pupil is not central enough".  undecided
grin i think i am going to start selling haterade. potentially profitable product.  grin
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Sagamite(m): 9:00pm On Jan 18, 2011
Ola edo:

Well then lets just say she looks like a Kwaran. grin

buzugee:

grin i think i am going to start selling haterade. potentially profitable product.  grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by buzugee(m): 9:08pm On Jan 18, 2011
Sagamite:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
jus sayin bruh  grin

but yeah that stacie turner woman sounds like a cool woman. to embrace this whole africa concept. she could easily have shunned the whole thing. especially with all the negative press coming out of africa. shows her strength of xter.

1 Like

Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by ezeagu(m): 9:12pm On Jan 18, 2011
buzugee:

tpia is right. she looks fulani

Fulani women don't have cheekbones like that, it's Yoruba or sometimes Igbo women. The only thing that suggests Fulani is her pointy chin and maybe her nose, apart from that she just looks like a Lagos madam.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by tpia6: 9:13pm On Jan 18, 2011
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by buzugee(m): 9:14pm On Jan 18, 2011
ezeagu:

Fulani women don't have cheekbones like that, it's Yoruba or sometimes Igbo women. The only thing that suggests Fulani is her pointy chin and maybe her nose, apart from that she just looks like a Lagos madam.
my esteemed compadre, i beg to differ. she is gaunt, tall, lanky and has those sharp and waif like features that the fulani are known to have.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by tpia6: 9:16pm On Jan 18, 2011
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by buzugee(m): 9:16pm On Jan 18, 2011
tpia*:

yes, its a very big step because it's not easy going to africa.

all the poverty, hardship, heat, mosquitos, etc.

right ? that tells me that she is desperately dying and seeking for something. there is a huge void that has to be filled. she is extremely hungry and desirous of something deeper and bigger than herself. hope she finds it all.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by tpia6: 9:19pm On Jan 18, 2011
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by ezeagu(m): 9:20pm On Jan 18, 2011
buzugee:

my esteemed compadre, i beg to differ. she is gaunt, tall, lanky and has those sharp and waif like features that the fulani are known to have.

There are gaunt tall and lanky Yoruba women. I've seen hundreds of them, mostly madams.

Guess what ethnicity, you see?
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by buzugee(m): 9:22pm On Jan 18, 2011
ezeagu:

There are gaunt tall and lanky Yoruba women. I've seen hundreds of them, mostly madams.

Guess what ethnicity, you see?
i am sure you know that there are exceptions to every rule. this is not what your typical yoruba woman looks like. if anything i would have guessed that she was african-american.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by buzugee(m): 9:29pm On Jan 18, 2011
check out this cute fulani girl lol.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by tpia6: 9:30pm On Jan 18, 2011
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by ezeagu(m): 9:32pm On Jan 18, 2011
buzugee:

i am sure you know that there are exceptions to every rule. this is not what your typical yoruba woman looks like. if anything i would have guessed that she was african-american.

tpia*:

yes, she has a lanky bone structure, but would you assume she's fulani?

i do get your point however.

She is what is a little bit over average for a middle class Yoruba-Lagosian. This was just an example of the many Yoruba women with features like this. I think many people just think 'thick' features Southern Nigeria and 'thin' features Northern Nigeria which is over simplifying. It's amazing how Africans carrying on stereotypes about themselves.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by femmy2010(m): 9:35pm On Jan 18, 2011
Interesting piece.Welcome home.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by buzugee(m): 9:37pm On Jan 18, 2011
ezeagu:

She is what is a little bit over average for a middle class Yoruba-Lagosian. This was just an example of the many Yoruba women with features like this. I think many people just think 'thick' features Southern Nigeria and 'thin' features Northern Nigeria which is over simplifying. It's amazing how Africans carrying on stereotypes about themselves.
it is what it is bruh. there will be a minuscule deviation from the norm but generally it is what it is. the somalians have a certain look. the Ethiopians have a certain look. yorubas, fulanis, hausas etc etc have certain looks.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by cheikh: 9:44pm On Jan 18, 2011
@Sagamite
I am one of those that think we should be sensible and make sense at all times.

@Sagamite;
Well, being sensible let alone making sense at all times, within the Nigerian/Igbo context wink is being foolhardy and foolish hence the cheesy saga- grin some folks actually think 'Culture' like a bad 'law', is static, inflexible [/b]and [b]immutable.
It's said that a people/society that is not flexible/adaptable does not Think and may be a candidate for death. You may be hitting your head against the wall indeed. wink
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by tpia6: 9:46pm On Jan 18, 2011
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Sagamite(m): 10:02pm On Jan 18, 2011
cheikh:

@Sagamite

@Sagamite;
Well, being sensible let alone making sense at all times, within the Nigerian/Igbo context wink is being foolhardy and foolish hence the cheesy saga- grin some folks actually think 'Culture' like a bad 'law', is static, inflexible [/b]and [b]immutable.
It's said that a people/society that is not flexible/adaptable does not Think and may be a candidate for death. You may be hitting your head against the wall indeed. wink

Unfortunately, the internet forums have given reetards like fstranger the platform to put forth their moronic point of view to a wider audience.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by ekubear1: 11:29pm On Jan 18, 2011
Stacy Dash = auto smash. I've been crushing on her since I was like 11 tongue
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Sagamite(m): 11:35pm On Jan 18, 2011
eku_bear:

Stacy Dash = auto smash. I've been crushing on her since I was like 11 tongue

If you had asked me 8 years ago who was my ideal woman in terms of beauty, I would have blotted out: Stacey Dash.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by ekubear1: 11:39pm On Jan 18, 2011
What changed in those 8 years?  grin She still is pretty much perfect.

Her and Garcelle Beauvais. . . mmm mmm mmm! The things I would do to either/both of them!
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by roymary: 11:41pm On Jan 18, 2011
Sagamite:

Biitch; whats your own? Stop sending me senseless references. You proved no point with the junk you sent to me. Its new year; stop calling for ridicule azzhole.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Sagamite(m): 11:51pm On Jan 18, 2011
eku_bear:

What changed in those 8 years?  grin She still is pretty much perfect.

Her and Garcelle Beauvais. . . mmm mmm mmm! The things I would do to either/both of them!

Kim Kardashian, Esther Baxter, Amber Rose, Keri Hilson, Toolz etc all grew up and appeared on the radar.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by cap28: 3:06am On Jan 19, 2011
I think its great for Stacie to have been reunited with her igbo father back in nigeria however i do not think he had any right to expect her to undergo another igbo marriage ceremony or expect her husband to pay a bride price to him - what for? He did not raise, nurture or expend anything on her upbringing, from what i read her adoptive parents raised and nurtured her, as far as im concerned all credit should go to her late adoptive parents for making her what she is today, and if any money needs to be paid it should have been to those people not the nigerian sperm donor. He needs to maintain a low profile (he seems to have managed it for 42 years) and just politely keep up a friendly relationship but not expect that she owes him anything because she doesnt.
As far as saying that her marriage won't be recognised in her father's hometown - who cares - she doesnt live there, doesnt understand the culture or the language and up until a few months ago no-one in that village even knew she existed so i dont see why it should matter now.

I just watched a clip of the show and she comes across as very down to earth and likeable, I can understand her hunger to want to know her biological parents, the fact that her white birth mother rejected her must have beena blow and this is probably why she focused on finding out who her biological father is.

I have a mixed race relative who was also rejected by his white birth mother (he was brought up by his nigerian father, the couple never married) he traced the woman to spain when he was 21 and she had remarried with children from her white husband, when he turned up on her doorstep she went into a panic becuase her husband did not know that she had a grown up mixed race son, she made it clear to him that she does not want anything to do with him, he was shattered by that experience.

I can imagine that Stacie must have felt similarly however her vulnerability and need to feel she belongs somewhere should not be abused by her father who might see her as a meal ticket, i think she should keep her biological father's family at arms lenght if she cherishes her sanity. They are from two different worlds and aside from the fact that they are related by blood do not really have anything else in common.

I watched a clip of her on youtube - she seems very down to earth and likeable, one thing i dont understand though is why she is the only black woman on the show seeing as DC is known as chocolate city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZA_---s2Xk&feature=channel
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Afam4eva(m): 3:38am On Jan 19, 2011
Some pictures of Stacie Turner in Nigeria

Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Afam4eva(m): 3:40am On Jan 19, 2011
More pictures

Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by tpia6: 3:40am On Jan 19, 2011
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Afam4eva(m): 3:43am On Jan 19, 2011
With her father,

Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by tpia6: 3:48am On Jan 19, 2011

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Mr Ibu And Wife Stella Maris Celebrate 4th Wedding Anniversary / Monalisa Chinda And Faithia Balogun Williams Dazzle For House Of Maliq / Michael Jackson Was A Nigerian And A Badagry Ancient idol.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.