Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father (34185 Views)

Mide Martins Reunites With Afeez Owo, Her Husband / Jumoke Orisaguna, Ex-Breadseller Reunites With Her Husband (photos) / Davido Reunites With Girlfriend, Sira Kante In New York (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by zionic(m): 3:40pm On Jan 18, 2011
Yes, what about meeting me ur long lost boyfriend, u can find me in da creeks of 9ja delta, lol tongue
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by owobokiri(m): 4:22pm On Jan 18, 2011
Most of you claim to be Africans but it is obvious that some do not have any primary  understanding or respect of/for African culture. Is it not interesting that the whole cultural immersion this beutifull lady will witness with this event has been neglected as those who beielve that Igbos love money more than anything endlessly hamper on the monetary part of the festivities? How much is a bride price in some parts of igboland? I hear that in some areas it is as low as 500 naira! That is less than 5 dollars!!! Why the hate then? Must we intellectualize every issue? As an African I am emberrassed by the needless hate displayed whenever this kind of issue is being dicussed. She wanted to meet her father but now she will also meet the culture of her fathers people. Culture respects no person, , on the contrary, people respect culture, now she will know and I am sure from what she has said that she is enjoying every bit of it.  The way I see it, this is more of an "inyanga" from the biological dad and you and I dont know what made him loose touch with his daughter so we cant say he shouldnt be doing so. Maybe he is doing all these out of happiness , in which case he might even be the one to shoulder the burden that comes with the marriage ceremony, so why the rush to neblous conclusions?  I wouldnt be surprised if the lady will TOTALLY enjoy every bit of the traditional marriage ceremony since the cultural displays will be new to her and she will not do so again in her life. We should be happy with the dad for embracing her immediately , afterall her white mother insisted on being left alone. No matter whatever happened in the past, this man is happy to meet his daughter. That is good. What if he rejected her like the mother?.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by DeeJay20: 4:39pm On Jan 18, 2011
namfav:

when she didn't have a family, where was he? when she was being adopted why didn't he come and take her to his village? now she is married n he wants to chop the dollars

dumb igbo

Dude Stacie father was a uni-student at the time in 1968
and the law of the land in the USA was not favourable to
minorities in this issue. He got a white girl pregnant and
the white girls wishes is what the court of law would uphold
in 1968 and also stacie father was not a citizen of the USA.

Also the Nigerian civil war was already on and their is no
way he was taken her back to a war zone. The USA Govt would not
allow it. They did not recognise biafra!

A foster home and adoption was the best option for him
at the time although it was not the fathers decision to make.
As i said the law was heavily in the white mothers favour, its was 1968,
segregation was still on, the father was not an american citizen and was
from a country (ie briafra) that the USA govt did not recgonise at the
time so it was not in his power to do much to determine his daughters destiny

She kind of like a female-moses to the father now *life is really strange like that!!!
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by bkbabe97y(m): 4:52pm On Jan 18, 2011
DeeJay20:

Dude Stacie father was a uni-student at the time in 1968
and the law of the land in the USA was not favourable to
minorities in this issue. He got a white girl pregnant and
the white girls wishes is what the court of law would uphold
in 1968 and also stacie father was not a citizen of the USA.

Also the Nigerian civil war was already on and their is no
way he was taken her back to a war zone. The USA Govt would not
allow it. They did not recognise biafra!

A foster home and adoption was the best option for him
at the time although it was not the fathers decision to make.
As i said the law was heavily in the white mothers favour, its was 1968,
segregation was still on, the father was not an american citizen and was
from a country (ie briafra) that the USA govt did not recgonise at the
time so it was not in his power to do much to determine his daughters destiny

She kind of like a female-moses to the father now *life is really strange like that!!!

Man, stfu with all that bull shiyyt u just wrote up there? Why do yall Nigerians love to pretend that u know it all? Nigga u crazy? So, in 1968 there was no inter racial couples? This was a first of its kind? Man, sthu! You mentioned Biafra, yeah speak on that "dream" and stop acting like u know shiyt about the U.S!!! He abandoned his daughter ---end off !!! He felt itd be better for him to have a African spouse than an American one which his family would not have approved of, and like the useless Ibo man he his he hauled aszz back to the jungles of Ibo land. Now, baby gal is rich and famous the first thing this monkey does is ask for a bride price. . . . talk about having no damn shame!

1 Like

Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by isalegan2: 4:55pm On Jan 18, 2011
owobokiri:

Most of you claim to be Africans but it is obvious that some do not have any primary  understanding or respect of/for African culture. Is it not interesting that the whole cultural immersion this beutifull lady will witness with this event has been neglected as those who beielve that Igbos love money more than anything endlessly hamper on the monetary part of the festivities? How much is a bride price in some parts of igboland? I hear that in some areas it is as low as 500 naira! That is less than 5 dollars!!! Why the hate then? Must we intellectualize every issue? As an African I am emberrassed by the needless hate displayed whenever this kind of issue is being dicussed. She wanted to meet her father but now she will also meet the culture of her fathers people. Culture respects no person, , on the contrary, people respect culture, now she will know and I am sure from what she has said that she is enjoying every bit of it.  The way I see it, this is more of an "inyanga" from the biological dad and you and I dont know what made him loose touch with his daughter so we cant say he shouldnt be doing so. Maybe he is doing all these out of happiness , in which case he might even be the one to shoulder the burden that comes with the marriage ceremony, so why the rush to neblous conclusions?  I wouldnt be surprised if the lady will TOTALLY enjoy every bit of the traditional marriage ceremony since the cultural displays will be new to her and she will not do so again in her life. We should be happy with the dad for embracing her immediately , afterall her white mother insisted on being left alone. No matter whatever happened in the past, this man is happy to meet his daughter. That is good. What if he rejected her like the mother?.

Great post.  Thank you.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by bkbabe97y(m): 4:58pm On Jan 18, 2011
DeeJay20:

Good for her, but the father would only be interested because she is now
"FAMOUS" and the Nigerian Embassy in America is only doing this
for "branding and image reasons", ITS A BIG SHAME !!!

And this FAMOUS lady is only one of the countless many Nigerian children
who mothers were Impregnated by Nigerian Men who quickly dissapeared
or gave the child up for adoption as they did not want to bear the responsibility or
they did not want to Marry an African American woman or bear the wahala
of a mixed Nigerian child.

My father told me of various top guys who are successful men in Nigeria
that he knew of schooled with that have "Love-children" in America & Europe!!!

AND MY UNCLE IS A CULPRIT OF THIS FOOLISHNESS!!!

He got an African American girl Pregnant afte Graduating from
UNI in America and then he dissappeared to Nigeria!!!

sO Many Nigerian guys did this in the 70's and early 80's as my Father
told me, so sad.

. . . . more prevalent among the Ibos. You should visit Germany, Holland, Sweden, Denmark and anywhere else Ibos go: buncha sick, baby-producing animals!!!  I was stationed there, I know. They even took they sick attitude to Korea! Very nasty set of people, these Ibos!
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Abagworo(m): 5:26pm On Jan 18, 2011
@bkbabe.You need to understand Igbo tradition before you talk all that thrash of yours.

1) What the groom will spend at most in satisfying everything in the list is around $2000 which is quite small.

2)The traditional wedding proper is hosted by the brides family.Any contributions by the grooms family is purely by self will.

3)The man is an "Nze" title holder which is more revered than a Chieftaincy title holder in Igboland.An Nze can never allow his in-laws host his daughters traditional wedding because it is against our culture.

The lady and her husband can spend their money in what we call white wedding and the Father stands to gain nothing from there.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by DeeJay20: 6:03pm On Jan 18, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Man, stfu with all that bull shiyyt u just wrote up there? Why do yall Nigerians love to pretend that u know it all? Nigga u crazy? So, in 1968 there was no inter racial couples? This was a first of its kind? Man, sthu! You mentioned Biafra, yeah speak on that "dream" and stop acting like u know shiyt about the U.S!!! He abandoned his daughter ---end off !!! He felt itd be better for him to have a African spouse than an American one which his family would not have approved of, and like the useless Ibo man he his he hauled aszz back to the jungles of Ibo land. Now, baby gal is rich and famous the first thing this monkey does is ask for a bride price. . . . talk about having no damn shame!

YO EASY WIT THA NEGATIVE-ENERGY DUDE!!! DID AN IBO GIRL DUMP U OR WHAT
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Ranoscky(m): 6:37pm On Jan 18, 2011
I dey halla oiye for doz wey dey argue with sagamite O, una really get time!
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by tpia6: 6:46pm On Jan 18, 2011
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Ranoscky(m): 6:51pm On Jan 18, 2011
bk.babe97y:

See dis mumu Nigerian wey dey claim yankee. . . Ibo man for dat mata undecided

You can aswell take a hike to the other side of life if you'r angry about it, Ewu!
namfav:

when she didn't have a family, where was he? when she was being adopted why didn't he come and take her to his village? now she is married n he wants to chop the dollars

dumb igbo
After all your rantings, who decided to go and see who? undecided

You can aswell take a hike to the other side of life if you'r angry about it, Ewu!
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Dede1(m): 7:15pm On Jan 18, 2011
Sagamite is a demented and drooling imbec.ilic person therefore he/she is not a Nigerian.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Sagamite(m): 7:19pm On Jan 18, 2011
Dede1:

Sagamite is a demented and drooling imbec.ile person therefore he/she is not a Nigerian.   

You are reetarded.

I have warned you never to step to me intellectually. Me and you no dey for the same o catego.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-523183.96.html#msg6880666
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by fstranger1: 7:28pm On Jan 18, 2011
^^^

You stink!

Only if i could be close to you so I can strangle you, you dont deserve to live amongst human beings!
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by ezeagu(m): 7:29pm On Jan 18, 2011
People need to calm down, it's not that serious.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Sagamite(m): 7:39pm On Jan 18, 2011
fstranger1:

^^^

You stink!

Only if i could be close to you so I can strangle you, you dont deserve to live amongst human beings!

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv5yLmRbHbA[/flash]
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Dede1(m): 7:43pm On Jan 18, 2011
Sagamite:

You are reetarded.

I have warned you never to step to me intellectually. Me and you no dey for the same o catego.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-523183.96.html#msg6880666

Intellectually, the so-called Sagamite is nobody.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Sagamite(m): 7:46pm On Jan 18, 2011
Dede1:

Intellectually, the so-called Sagamite is nobody. 

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYN74jPCAik&feature=related[/flash]
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by armyofone(m): 7:55pm On Jan 18, 2011
wow, so happy for her. i hope they cook nice ofe ale for her.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by buzugee(m): 8:03pm On Jan 18, 2011
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by ekubear1: 8:05pm On Jan 18, 2011
buzugee:

she is hot. that other pic does not do her justice http://everyonelovesanaijababe..com/2010/08/naija-roll-call-stacie-turner.html

Agreed.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Sagamite(m): 8:06pm On Jan 18, 2011
buzugee:

she is hot. that other pic does not do her justice http://everyonelovesanaijababe..com/2010/08/naija-roll-call-stacie-turner.html

If my wife still looked like that at 42, she better be on contraception. angry
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by buzugee(m): 8:08pm On Jan 18, 2011
you can tell she is ndigbo. she get gastrocnemius like ndigbo woman

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by fstranger1: 8:09pm On Jan 18, 2011
Sagamite:

If my wife still looked like that at 42, she better be on contraception.  angry

Who is going to marry a monkey like you

The only Puccy you will ever get in your life is your gay partner's as-s hole!

Ode!
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by buzugee(m): 8:09pm On Jan 18, 2011
Sagamite:

If my wife still looked like that at 42, she better be on contraception.  angry
grin grin you go dey waya am all the time abi ? lol
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by buzugee(m): 8:11pm On Jan 18, 2011
eku_bear:

Agreed.
you got good taste my brother *doffs hat* grin
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by fstranger1: 8:11pm On Jan 18, 2011
buzugee:

you can tell she is ndigbo. she get gastrocnemius like ndigbo woman

gastrocnemius ko Soleus ni
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by ekubear1: 8:12pm On Jan 18, 2011
Her legs are slightly too big for my taste. But overall, she is obviously amongst the best you'll find at age 42.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by buzugee(m): 8:14pm On Jan 18, 2011
fstranger1:

gastrocnemius ko Soleus ni

soleus ko semitendinosus ni wink
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by tpia6: 8:15pm On Jan 18, 2011
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by buzugee(m): 8:18pm On Jan 18, 2011
eku_bear:

Her legs are slightly too big for my taste. But overall, she is obviously amongst the best you'll find at age 42.
i love big legs on a woman. i am a sucker for big legs. and ermmm 42 aint exactly old. peep this here 46 year old chic

Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by fstranger1: 8:18pm On Jan 18, 2011
buzugee:

soleus ko semitendinosus ni  wink

Semitendinosus ko, plantaris ni

Why are you going up?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Femi Kuti Blasts 2face Over Protest / Emma Nyra Pregnant. Expecting Her First Child In Paris? (Photos) / Nollywood Actor,jide Kosoko's Daughter, Bidemi Disgraced In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.