Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,331 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today (40361 Views)

Akin Abayomi: Most People Who Contract Coronavirus Don't Feel Sick / Akin Abayomi: Lagos Coronavirus Cases May Rise To 39,000 / Professor Akin Abayomi Visits The Corona Virus Patient (Pictures). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today by Charly68: 9:03pm On May 21, 2020
Lagos is proactive and digital in Governance..keep the vision alive..please make the hydroxyl Chloroquine drug available on time.. President Trump had told us long time ago that it is the major drug for Covid 19 yet people were kicking against his public declaration of this fact.
Re: 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today by dederocs(m): 9:08pm On May 21, 2020
50gs lipsrsealed
Re: 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today by OKTolu: 9:15pm On May 21, 2020
Cash out for politicians
Re: 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today by Happychildlove(f): 9:18pm On May 21, 2020
espn:
I thought they said it cost 10k..Now its 50k...Inflation they worry Covid 19...
This is Nigeria
Re: 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today by PatrickOkunima(m): 9:22pm On May 21, 2020
Sammy07:
2. The cost of testing a patient ranges between N40,000 and N50,000. It is free for patients and Government bears the cost. Efforts are on to get the cost subsidised through Insurance or donations by aid partners.

This one is actually true.
One of my cousin working in one of the testing center in Lagos told me the cost of testing is around 50k.

Don't believe everything you hear, even from your closed ones. Has Nigeria bought any test kit? Is it not the sames ones donated? Who is Lagos State govt paying the N40K to N50k to?
Re: 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today by akan102: 9:22pm On May 21, 2020
Pls somebody should educate me on what is so special about this big brother malaria that its testing would cost between 40k-50k I don't understand it angry sad
Re: 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today by Sammy07: 9:25pm On May 21, 2020
PatrickOkunima:

Don't believe everything you hear, even from your closed ones. Has Nigeria bought any test kit? Is it not the sames ones donated? Who is Lagos State govt paying the N40K to N50k to?

She's actually a cousin of mine what will she gain in lying to me.

She's someone I trust right from my days when I was living with them.
Re: 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today by PatrickOkunima(m): 9:27pm On May 21, 2020
Sammy07:

She's actually a cousin of mine what will she gain in lying to me.

She's someone I trust right from my days when I was living with them.

Perhaps, it's what they're made to believe. The Ogas are the ones cashing out from it.
Re: 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today by justphillips(m): 9:27pm On May 21, 2020
Rgade:
Sanwo-olu is more competent than buhari.
Like for sanwo olu, share for buhari.
Gerrout for both tongue

Re: 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today by mkoabiola: 9:29pm On May 21, 2020
Govt of lies.

Every day lie.

Ten to 50 k.
Re: 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today by mkoabiola: 9:33pm On May 21, 2020
PatrickOkunima:

Same question am asking.

Who are they paying 40- 50 K to ?..

They are cashing out big tym.

Test kits were donated
Re: 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today by venoks: 9:33pm On May 21, 2020
16,000 persons tested @ N50,000 each = N800,000,000!
And shop is just opening o!
By the time 5,000,000 persons are tested that will be . . . Hmmnnnn!
Nemere2020:
UPDATE: 10 takeaways from today’s briefing by the Lagos Commissioner for Health, @ProfAkinAbayomi, on the Lagos COVID-19 response.
#Covid19Lagos

https://twitter.com/Mr_JAGss/status/1263503791988580353?s=19

Re: 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today by Sammy07: 9:34pm On May 21, 2020
PatrickOkunima:

Perhaps, it's what they're made to believe. The Ogas are the ones cashing out from it.

Well, maybe.
Re: 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today by akan102: 9:36pm On May 21, 2020
espn:

This people are just saying what ever they feel like saying, we mean nothing as far as they are concerned.
The last time the health Minister said the govt is spending 10k, now this, Lagos commissioner is saying 40k to 50k, by the way, who is paying, is it the state or federal or they are like you pay for this I pay for that
Re: 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today by wellmax(m): 9:45pm On May 21, 2020
pompo47:
Thats why you see those imaginery numbers of people that have covid 19. they say 209 yesterday,304 today and 182 tomorrow. Then you will hear 16 have been cured and sent back to society. so each name is worth 50k oboy this wan pass yankee tax scam.No picture or Id needed so you people now see that in this country we really need help. We cant give people at least 10k to soften the financial effects of covid 19 but we can charge them 50k to test for covid 19. See what i said ooo test for 50k not cure for 50k.

Why are people like this. When you test positive, yes you, that time we will show you on NTA Lagos.

And who says N50k is just for those who test positive. Leave this your primitive thinking.

For you I'll say, reason before you think.
Re: 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today by Brunicekid(m): 9:56pm On May 21, 2020
Lorazepam:
Point 6 is extremely important.

Many people with disease conditions that have symptoms resembling covid 19 such as heart failure, pulmonary edema in those with advanced kidney failure, etc are being turned back from hospitals due to fear of covid 19, basically sending these patients to go and die at home. A pity.

Very true.
Re: 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today by olax02(m): 10:01pm On May 21, 2020
TheEffective:
shocked

Take away full of LIES LIES and LIES!!!!!

Re: 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today by pompo47: 10:01pm On May 21, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

You're not so smart. A patient doesn't need to be positive before they take the 50k per head. They can just print some names and claim they test negative and there will be no one to question them.

So when they say a case is positive, it's likely to be really positive.

Generally, your comment portrays an ignorant person with a smartphone.

See must we always be so crude.If you want to educate me then preach and change my perception of how i see this situation.

Look some of our medical practitioners with the help of the ncdc have started acting like politicians and are using this covid 19 epidemic as their own oil boom. People are locked down in their houses and they are watching their tv's and are seeing the way people are dying abroad from this dreaded disease.So when you guys start breeding fictitious positive results, you increase the fear of the average nigerian person who goes online to get updates since he can not leave his house.Are you telling me that all the people that were tested for cov19 where tested with certified test kits.So they did not cut any corners and just used cotton swabs to take samples and later tell you,what they want you to here.All of sudden no more natural deaths,If you fall from an okada or you die in a car accident its covid 19.Do you know that you can poison someone and get away with it because people will assume its covid 19.How many test kits do we have in Nigeria and how many positive cases do we have in Nigeria and please dont forget like you said some of those so called kits where also used for the people who tested negative.To be honest how many readers know anybody that's been tested in your neighbourhood or is truly infected.I mean know personally not rumours or hear say.Thats why the attitude of average nigerian is the way it is. Most people wear the mask because they are afraid of the police. Its like you telling me people are stealing my car and at that moment i am the one washing it and you are not even in the vicinity of my car so how can I believe you. Covid 19 is very real and i am happy that people are afraid so that since the nigerian infection rate is low we can curb it and go back to living our lives but fear of the pandemic should not be used to milk nigerians. The smartphone has just answered you.
Re: 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today by Investnow2017: 10:03pm On May 21, 2020
onyxo76:
so to test 20 people na 1 million be that...that's really costly

The US has tested 14,800,000 citizens. Please can you help me work out this figure times N50,000. I mean

14,800,000 x 50,000 =

My calculator broke down with the figure please. I am serious!
Re: 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today by shigoawesu(m): 10:08pm On May 21, 2020
okomile:

Komot eye there grin grin

I cant oo, the thing they attract my eyes
Re: 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today by bkool7(m): 10:56pm On May 21, 2020
I don't buy the 2nd point.
Why are we so embedded in corruption in this country?
When Senegal had developed a $1 testing kit Lag is claiming to test for $140.
https://technext.ng/2020/04/27/senegalese-institute-develops-1-covid-19-testing-kit-that-can-produce-result-in-10-minutes/

If we can ship Madagascar organic, what stops us from learning how Senegal is able to test for $1?
Re: 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:05pm On May 21, 2020
Liars on the loose. How much is WHO is giving you people?
Re: 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today by pompo47: 11:18pm On May 21, 2020
wellmax:

Why are people like this. When you test positive, yes you, that time we will show you on NTA Lagos.

And who says N50k is just for those who test positive. Leave this your primitive thinking.

For you I'll say, reason before you think.

You are wishing me death for airing my views and you claim to be on the side of humanity.See how low we have sunk as a nation.
Do you know a gas attendant earns between 15k to 16k per month. So the money to test to see if he is positive is his 3 months salary and then some. Some state governments are finding hard to pay 30k as monthly wages for their workers and you are there spewing rubbish. You dont like yourself so how can you love this country. People are shouting buhari, i am not a fan of how he is running this country but the average nigerian is just plain wicked.We are always looking for a way to keep our fellow man down. If you and your fellow people had the fear of God you would
not be trying to sell what people donated at outrageous prices.
Re: 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today by 1miccza: 11:41pm On May 21, 2020
Honestly the clarity in this briefing makes it look like Lagos is a different country from Nigeria
Re: 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today by uboma(m): 1:05am On May 22, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

I see this guy becoming the health Minister come 2023

unlike that swegbe man that is the current Health Minister telling us to prepare for the worst, am I paying tax to FIRS to prepare for the worst? or the seating allowance they paid him as Presidential Task Force on Covid - 19 is for me to prepare for the worse

You are on point Sir.

His comments to Nigerians to prepare for the worst made no meaning at all.

See how the Lagos state government listed the efforts they had taken so far to get Nigerians tested for covid-19. Also listed are the measure they plan to take in the future to further strengthen these efforts and to curb the covid-19. I like the message of hope given to Nigerians to live positively in the face of the virus and that plans are underway to revive the economy.

What a contrast from the messages the present health Minister keeps spilling....
Re: 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today by luvmijeje(f): 1:25am On May 22, 2020
Kudos to Lagos State Governor for leading and Lagosians for following. I have been so much impress with our public transport management and the management of public space.

Nigeria is improving and I am grateful to witness our progress.
Re: 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today by ecnuel: 1:35am On May 22, 2020
[/quote]

Line 7 is exactly what Bill Gates said years back and people are crucifying him today saying for him to say that means he has a hand in today's pandemic. Soldiers that train and prepare for war before it breaks out are usually the winners. Great minds see trouble ahead and prepare to tackle them.
Re: 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today by NamelessOGBENI(m): 2:02am On May 22, 2020
11. After all is said and done it appears Lagos State government is doing better than the Federal government.
Re: 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today by wellmax(m): 2:11am On May 22, 2020
pompo47:

You are wishing me death for airing my views and you claim to be on the side of humanity.See how low we have sunk as a nation.
Do you know a gas attendant earns between 15k to 16k per month. So the money to test to see if he is positive is his 3 months salary and then some. Some state governments are finding hard to pay 30k as monthly wages for their workers and you are there spewing rubbish. You dont like yourself so how can you love this country. People are shouting buhari, i am not a fan of how he is running this country but the average nigerian is just plain wicked.We are always looking for a way to keep our fellow man down. If you and your fellow people had the fear of God you would
not be trying to sell what people donated at outrageous prices.

You have made zero sense. Nonsense completely. I have not wished you death. I have only wished you Corona so that we can see you on tv.

Who says they government sells anything, you must be in secondary school or a jam bite with this way of thinking.

Cost of testing, reagents and all is about 50k and government is paying for it 100% using donations. If you have issues deal with it. Fuel attendants earning 15k, what has that got to do with the issue here. Please tell. Your hatred for Buhari should not make you reason up side down.

No reply to you again.
Re: 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today by swtdrms(m): 5:06am On May 22, 2020
espn:

That report you heard wasn't correct. I've heard from the onset that it cost 50,000 to conduct a test. The more reason I've always supported the senegal testing model of $1 test kit which test for all strands of coronavirus, those tested positive are then retested for covid-19, makes lots of sense
Re: 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today by olalat(m): 6:05am On May 22, 2020
espn:
dollar don cost oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sickle Cell Awareness !! Come In And Learn..... / COVID-19: Inside Gbagada General Hospital's Isolation Centre (Video) / Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates Ambulances, 20 Vehicles To Kano COVID-19 Taskforce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.