Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,132 members, 7,829,038 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today (40358 Views)

Akin Abayomi: Most People Who Contract Coronavirus Don't Feel Sick / Akin Abayomi: Lagos Coronavirus Cases May Rise To 39,000 / Professor Akin Abayomi Visits The Corona Virus Patient (Pictures). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today by Nobody: 6:55am On May 22, 2020
pompo47:

See must we always be so crude.If you want to educate me then preach and change my perception of how i see this situation.

I'm very sorry if you felt offended by my comment. Sometimes, when we read comments on this forum, it give bad feedback about the calibre of people we share this forum with. It is very sad and triggers some of us to react that way.

pompo47:

Look some of our medical practitioners with the help of the ncdc have started acting like politicians and are using this covid 19 epidemic as their own oil boom.

This here is the problem of an average Nigerian. He's ignorant, ungrateful and looking to reap where he didn't sow. Your just concerned about 'MONEY, MONEY, MONEY!'

If you had medical practitioners around you who isn't in isolation now, you'll realise how much risk these Heros take daily for people like you.

Unfortunately, you see them as the problem.

pompo47:

People are locked down in their houses and they are watching their tv's and are seeing the way people are dying abroad from this dreaded disease.So when you guys start breeding fictitious positive results, you increase the fear of the average nigerian person who goes online to get updates since he can not leave his house.

Across the world, the casuality rate of the virus differs. America is, by far, the worst country hit with thrice the casuality of the next country that follows, and yet, it has done more tests that all the countries of the world put together.

Experts can't explain why Africans are not dropping like a pack of cards but doesn't mean they are not dying as well.

Over 200 people have died in Nigeria and you're not afraid yet you could be next tommorow? Is it 200 chickens you think they reported?

And no one is increasing your fear, people are only creating awareness to keep more people from being killed.

pompo47:

Are you telling me that all the people that were tested for cov19 where tested with certified test kits.So they did not cut any corners and just used cotton swabs to take samples and later tell you,what they want you to here.
There goes your problem again. How do you live with yourself being this type of person? You're just eager to take up a conspiracy theory and live by it. I won't be surprised if I find you at the forefront of the 5G conspiracy theory too.

If they have to scam Nigerians, they don't need patients. That would be an unnecessary and tedious process that can leak easily because too many people would be involved. They only need pseudonyms.

pompo47:

All of sudden no more natural deaths,If you fall from an okada or you die in a car accident its covid 19.Do you know that you can poison someone and get away with it because people will assume its covid 19.

Lemme gist you. There are an average of 240 people who die of cancer everyday in Nigeria. Too many people die of blood pressure, heart failure, kidney problems and lot more. If we were to add those one to the list, we'll be trailing America closely by now.

Mind you, if you have any of those and COVID'19 hits you as well, just write your will immediately because it would hasten those diseases to kill you. That death would be as a result of COVID'19 because it aided the process.

If you've been reading on the internet as you claim, you should know this.

pompo47:

How many test kits do we have in Nigeria and how many positive cases do we have in Nigeria and please dont forget like you said some of those so called kits where also used for the people who tested negative.To be honest how many readers know anybody that's been tested in your neighbourhood or is truly infected.I mean know personally not rumours or hear say.Thats why the attitude of average nigerian is the way it is.

How many people have been taken into isolation? 5,000 people and we're a population of 200 million. Guy, think na. Many states have lower than 500 cases and you're looking to know someone. Don't worry. I'm sure as time goes on, you'll start to know people.

For me, where I lived sometime ago, I was informed a pregnant woman there died of COVID 19. She died at FMC before her test result could return.

Those affected people in isolation have families and friends too. If you're not one of them, just waka.

pompo47:

Most people wear the mask because they are afraid of the police. Its like you telling me people are stealing my car and at that moment i am the one washing it and you are not even in the vicinity of my car so how can I believe you. Covid 19 is very real and i am happy that people are afraid so that since the nigerian infection rate is low we can curb it and go back to living our lives but fear of the pandemic should not be used to milk nigerians. The smartphone has just answered you.

People wear masks around the world because of fear of police and some, because of fear of the virus. Even in the U.S., many are tired of wearing masks. Na police them dey fear.

1 Like

Re: 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today by pompo47: 9:45am On May 22, 2020
wellmax:

You have made zero sense. Nonsense completely. I have not wished you death. I have only wished you Corona so that we can see you on tv.

Who says they government sells anything, you must be in secondary school or a jam bite with this way of thinking.

Cost of testing, reagents and all is about 50k and government is paying for it 100% using donations. If you have issues deal with it. Fuel attendants earning 15k, what has that got to do with the issue here. Please tell. Your hatred for Buhari should not make you reason up side down.

No reply to you again.

So wishing me corona is not as much as wishing me death.Do you know if i have diabetes or a weak immune system.If i wanted to be on tv,I would take up acting and join nollywood. Another thing why do guys always try to talk like you are smarter than you really are. Is it because the money is donated by other governments, eminent nigerians and organizations thats why you guys put a high price of 50k and high number of fictitious testing results.The more tests you claim to do the more grants you are given.People and civil society have been asking how the donations are being spent and this is the answer that is being given. These covid 19 donations are causing an uproar in many states including lagos and thats why you see the house of assembly are asking the executive to explain itself,likewise the local governments. Yes I will say it again, In a country where gas attendants are making 15k a month and some states can barely 30k a month as wages you people are testing people for corona that you say is not a death sentence for 50k. As I have said this pandemic in Nigeria is the new oil boom. There you go again, I never said i hated our president all i said was that i am not a fan of the way he is running the country and we keep shouting Buhari this, Buhari that, but we nigerians are just plain wicked were always ready to pass the blame to someone else. Is Buhari the one telling us that per test is 50k, no he is not, it is the same doctors we pray to save our lives are the ones with the aid of a few politicians are ones embezzling the money donated for testing and research for this dreaded disease. This is Nigeria and there is nothing new under sun, don't tell me to deal with because that is reason why this country is where it is today because of lily livered people like you. So back to you Mr Einstein, Mr Phd, Mr Msc,Mr Bsc.MON and CON.
Re: 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 21, 2020
Whew
Re: 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today by BENEAMATA: 3:18pm On Jun 21, 2020
Sleeklord:
Good morning sir you said I should quote you.Thanks sir for offering to help me while others either ignored or insulted me.Pls this are my details .0176 556 777 guaranty trust bank.Thanks a lot sir and I promise when God blesses me I will help people.Thanks a lot sir.May God bless you.

Cc: BENEAMATA
good afternoon brother , i sent the money , though not much to the name s that start with i , i this morning , hope you got the alert . God will see us through .Have a nice day .
Re: 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 21, 2020
Thank God

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Separated Conjoined Twins Arrive Bayelsa, Get N1m For Upkeep (photo) / How Nigeria’s 36 States Fare In HIV Prevalence / Ladies ;how To Know Your Safe And Unsafe Period To Have Sex_Nsikak Effiong.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.