Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Martin Luther King, Jr.: Prophet In The Making - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Martin Luther King, Jr.: Prophet In The Making (1008 Views)

Jonathan With The Son Of Martin Luther King Jr / What A Prophet In Port Harcourt Said About President Buhari / Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Martin Luther King, Jr.: Prophet In The Making by Akhenaten: 4:58pm On Jan 17, 2011
Today in the United States, people are celebrating a great Civil Rights legend in American history, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. who can be considered a major leader in the Civil Rights struggle of the 1960s.

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr as a person has inspired many people around the world and I just want to create a thread dedicated to him.

Memorable Quotes:

-"All men are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality."

-"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase."

-"Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it."

-"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."

"I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. That is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant."

-"I submit that an individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law."

-"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

-"It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can stop him from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important."

-"Let no man pull you low enough to hate him."

[flash=450,450]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbUtL_0vAJk?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]

(1) (Reply)

Why Buhari Shouldnt Rule Again- To Bring Back Death Penalty For Various Offences / Henry Okah Threatened, Abused Jonathan, Ministers From Jail / Ex-governor To Acn Candidates: Tackle Fiscal Federalism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.