Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman (66561 Views)

The Biggest Mistake Nigerian Parents Do / The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy / 12 Contrasting attitudes Many Nigerian Men Exhibit In Marriage.Right or Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Nonsoboy4life(m): 8:34am On May 23, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Their fathers ain't banging them so y would they ask such from him? Besides the old man has done well to raise a lady that you see and willing to date so all these imput about "fathers" is really unnecessary and irrelevant. Quite childish if you ask me. There's always a limited, you give what you can give... Be in charge of your relationship and not a mumu
But the banging goes both wells...they enjoy it even better..I mean the females

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Snaagg(m): 8:34am On May 23, 2020
Remaboy:

Hian! Just 2 mentions is giving you orgasm like dis

The average Nigerian woman finds a way to broke-shame men when they have no basis to argue about.

Mostly when their brain is empty and they still want to make the man feel inferior, thereby resorting to childish insults.

No be today una start. Stale shit.

Facts bro. Pure facts.

4 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Dyt(f): 8:35am On May 23, 2020
xynerise:

I tell you. But this face mask thing is dangerous to the health o. No fresh air

I stepped out to the city first time since March yesterday and I was going crazy
I couldn't breathe shittt

Mehn I took off the damn thing angry angry
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Briller: 8:35am On May 23, 2020
KingSatan:

As a man, a father and a grandfather. I have lived life to an extent and this is my view on this subject.

The previous thread was simple and concise, "Never marry a woman who has no means of income".

But that is the truth!

Gone are the days when people marry "Obiageri's" according to the Igbos.
Back then, things weren't this bad. Considering the family setting in those days, women had no other role than to cook, birth, raise children and clean the house.

So their parents prepare them for marriage, teach them how to cook, satisfy a man and raise children. They also spend alot of time grooming their hairs, taking care of their skin (Some parents send their children to fattening rooms) and waiting to get married.

When we got married, we married to keep them at home and show off to our friends. Only a few of us married because of love. Some of our partners were not our choice but our parents.

So when you marry, your wife and children should always reflect your wealth and networth. Most especially, YOUR WIFE.

I repeat, back then things were not this bad and everyone knew their roles.

But in today's world, so many things have changed.

Women should bring to the table as much as they expect from the man.

Raising children costs alot of money and shouldn't be the responsibility of the man alone.

So many marriages have crashed on the alter of poverty or "One stream of income".

We must learn to tell ourselves the truth always.

Back then, you don't spend so much to raise a child. If he or she wants to go to the community school or follow the white man's way of life, you send them as a punishment. But those humble and loyal sons, follow you to the farm and when they come of age, you give them farmlands and wives if possible. But that's not the case anymore.

Apart from formal education abroad, I also encouraged my children to learn sellable skills. One of my son is a fashion designer and that is what puts food on his table in the UK. His college degree only reflects on his call cards.

I told this to my children (Daughters inclusive) never to marry a man or woman who has no verifiable means of income.

Money is needed to run a home in the 21st century. Alot of money!

We no longer live in mud houses or drink from pots.

As for "Entitlement", I think every couple should have that mentality depending on the context.

The man is entitled to his wife's emotional commitment. She is his wife and this also applies to the man.

I am tired of typing.

To be truthful, i warned my son's against mingling with an average African woman. They simply don't want to know the truth. They hate the truth with Passion and that is why true feminism failed woefully here.

In the Diaspora, most men who want peace of mind avoid African women because of their "Entitlement Mentality" and how exploitative they are.

Many of these women don't work but enjoy proceeds of child support from numerous partners. You think it's a coincidence? No it not. It was deliberate.

They just want to seat at home, get fat, enlarge their butts and walk up and down the street like a pussy cat that resides in Buckingham Palace.

Should I talk about Nigeria, where you meet an average Nigerian lady and realise that;

1. She is a college graduate because a "Man" sponsored her in school (Both of them are no longer together as a couple).

2. She has a roof over her head because a "Man" made that available (She has no intention of marrying him).

3. She uses the best smartphone because a "Man" bought it for her (Just another random man).

4. She has clothes on her body because a "Man" gave her money for shopping (Obviously he is "One of those mugus"wink.

5. She has food on her table because so many men send her money.

This same woman has no other skill but sexual skills. The only thing she can offer is "Sexual Intercourse", "Birthing Children" and "Companionship" but she expects the man to "Mark her birthdays with a brand new Escalade", "Buy her parents a new house and train her younger ones in school". Is that not exploitation?

This same woman hates her mother inlaw because she sees her as her rival. Anyway, women have always hated themselves from time immemorial, don't get moved when you see them shout in solidarity, it's just for a few seconds.

When asked about their contribution in the relationship or Marriage, some will say "I birthed children for him". But that's your natural default woman!

Even if you sleep with a sexually active mad man, you will get pregnant and birth for him.

Some will even say, "I satisfy him sexually. I gave him my body and soul". But that is same thing you did with your numerous ex lovers.

According to Pastor Sam Adeyemi, he said "If a woman does not help her husband financially, then how else does she want to help him".

In this age and time, it takes two adults who have a verifiable means of income to build a healthy family.

Cheers!

You said it all sir. Infact, you nailed the topic. I totally agree with your position on both partners bringing money to cater for the home. My only concern is that most of the times, some men have this false sense of entitlement that because their partners make money, they must contribute even much more in taking care of the family.

Speaking from experience, I know someone who both herself and her partner works. She earns a fat salary and have a side business (consultancy occasionally) which brings in some good money when it happens. On the part of her husband, he runs his own business and has 3 outlets each bringing in good money too. My friend's pain is that her husband feels entitled to her income because they are "one" by marriage. So she has to pay rent, fees, and other bills as well as feeding, while he uses his own money to expand and cater for his relatives because he wants to be seen as their super-hero. And anytime my friend complains, she is termed self-centred. Infact, her greatest undoing was complaining to the man's aunt who happens to be one of the beneficiaries, about his negligence of his immediate family. The whole family turned against her and accused her of not meaning well for them.

And I think that's what the OP was driving at. A lot of men feel entitled to their partners wealth and even become abusive if she refuses to submit that to them. And that is totally unacceptable.

3 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Nonsoboy4life(m): 8:36am On May 23, 2020
mydeporch:

Thanks so much sir for this piece.
You have said it all...
In d diaspora nd entitlement thing..its so sad many people carry dt mentality abroad..and dts y some marriage do not last these days
My siblings are there nd my two immediate brothers never dated nigerian ...even now in serious relationship they dating white......I tell them all dt matters is them having peace of mind nd being happy together. Am glad dy are doing great.

People do know how to claim all claimable in UK....I remebe when I went for Masters, there was this woman in my church. The husband worked in London and comes home every weekend...the woman was claiming single mothers allowance....... once I was chanced to be in d midst of some women and they were explaining to themselves how they can get entitlements for free claims......and when their fight starts... envy...jealousy, competition....its another world entirely.
Are you married dear?
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by geosegun(m): 8:37am On May 23, 2020
KingSatan:

As a man, a father and a grandfather. I have lived life to an extent and this is my view on this subject.

The previous thread was simple and concise, "Never marry a woman who has no means of income".

But that is the truth!

Back then, things weren't this bad. Considering the family setting in those days, women had no other role than to cook, birth, raise children and clean the house.

So their parents prepare them for marriage, teach them how to cook, satisfy a man and raise children. They also spend alot of time grooming their hairs, taking care of their skin (Some parents send their children to fattening rooms) and waiting to get married.

When we got married, we married to keep them at home and show off to our friends. Only a few of us married because of love. Some of our partners were not our choice but our parents.

So when you marry, your wife and children should always reflect your wealth and networth. Most especially, YOUR WIFE.

Raising children costs alot of money and shouldn't be the responsibility of the man alone.

So many marriages have crashed on the alter of poverty or "One stream of income".

Back then, you don't spend so much to raise a child. If he or she wants to go to the community school or follow the white man's way of life, you send them as a punishment. But those humble and loyal sons, follow you to the farm and when they come of age, you give them farmlands and wives if possible. But that's not the case anymore.

Apart from formal education abroad, I also encouraged my children to learn sellable skills. One of my son is a fashion designer and that is what puts food on his table in the UK. His college degree only reflects on his call cards.

I told this to my children (Daughters inclusive) never to marry a man or woman who has no verifiable means of income.

As for "Entitlement", I think every couple should have that mentality depending on the context.

The man is entitled to his wife's emotional commitment. She is his wife and this also applies to the man.

I am tired of typing.

To be truthful, i warned my son's against mingling with an average African woman. They simply don't want to know the truth. They hate the truth with Passion and that is why true feminism failed woefully here.

In the Diaspora, most men who want peace of mind avoid African women because of their "Entitlement Mentality" and how exploitative they are.

Many of these women don't work but enjoy proceeds of child support from numerous partners. You think it's a coincidence? No it not. It was deliberate.

They just want to seat at home, get fat, enlarge their butts and walk up and down the street like a pussy cat that resides in Buckingham Palace.

Should I talk about Nigeria, where you meet an average Nigerian lady and realise that;

1. She is a college graduate because a "Man" sponsored her in school (Both of them are no longer together as a couple).

2. She has a roof over her head because a "Man" made that available (She has no intention of marrying him).

3. She uses the best smartphone because a "Man" bought it for her (Just another random man).

4. She has clothes on her body because a "Man" gave her money for shopping (Obviously he is "One of those mugus"wink.

This same woman has no other skill but sexual skills. The only thing she can offer is "Sexual Intercourse", "Birthing Children" and "Companionship" but she expects the man to "Mark her birthdays with a brand new Escalade", "Buy her parents a new house and train her younger ones in school". Is that not exploitation?

This same woman hates her mother inlaw because she sees her as her rival. Anyway, women have always hated themselves from time immemorial, don't get moved when you see them shout in solidarity, it's just for a few seconds.

When asked about their contribution in the relationship or Marriage, some will say "I birthed children for him". But that's your natural default woman!

Even if you sleep with a sexually active mad man, you will get pregnant and birth for him.

Some will even say, "I satisfy him sexually. I gave him my body and soul". But that is same thing you did with your numerous ex lovers.

According to Pastor Sam Adeyemi, he said "If a woman does not help her husband financially, then how else does she want to help him".

In this age and time, it takes two adults who have a verifiable means of income to build a healthy family.

Cheers!

One of the best write up of all time on Nairaland. You earn my respect, sir

2 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Naija246: 8:39am On May 23, 2020
wetin homosexuals do you? undecided
It's non of your f**king business who a man decides to sleep with sad
queengift:
The worst mistake is marrying a vision less man, a man without focus in life,
A man that sees challenges as defeat or end of the road for him.
A man you can't trust or confide in.
A man that you can't lay your head on his shoulders during trials.
A man that is not intelligent
A man that lacks respect for women
A man that don't fear God
A man that's a homosexual.

Young ladies be careful when choosing your partner. Is a life time journey.
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by olassybaba: 8:40am On May 23, 2020
queengift:
The worst mistake is marrying a vision less man, a man without focus in life,
A man that sees challenges as defeat or end of the road for him.
A man you can't trust or confide in.
A man that you can't lay your head on his shoulders during trials.
A man that is not intelligent
A man that lacks respect for women
A man that don't fear God
A man that's a homosexual.

Young ladies be careful when choosing your partner. Is a life time journey.
All these still apply to men
No lady on here have said something different and impressive since yesterday the other thread was posted.
You Nigerian women should add value to yourselves.

2 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by chillybrandy(f): 8:40am On May 23, 2020
[I wish I can give you 1000 likes
You just hit the nail on the head sr.

But that is the truth!

I am tired of typing.

Cheers![/quote]
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Nonsoboy4life(m): 8:41am On May 23, 2020
Dyt:

I stepped out to the city first time since March yesterday and I was going crazy

You created a thread and same u is derailing it... Awesome undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Dyt(f): 8:42am On May 23, 2020
Nonsoboy4life:

You created a thread and same u is derailing it... Awesome undecided undecided

That's cos life isn't what you take it

Easy
Chill
Relax
Drink enough water
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by AuwalYusuf812(m): 8:43am On May 23, 2020
Dyt:
Never ever
I mean never settle for an entitled man

angry angry angry
keep searching for a man dat settle okay.... Nobody is settle in life we just beta dan each other small....... Does not mean someone didnt get the money dat he can't marry, what if he is not destiny to get it, Even God said it married is important for every Muslim have or not have, when you married Allah will provide
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Nonsoboy4life(m): 8:44am On May 23, 2020
Dyt:

That's cos life isn't what you take it

Easy
Chill
Relax
Drink enough water
U know the rules..u would have atleast chatted with him privately than breaking the rules on same thread u created yourself...quite appealing
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Pyroex(m): 8:44am On May 23, 2020
Oil dey your head sir...

But that is the truth!

I am tired of typing.

Cheers![/quote]
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Remaboy(m): 8:44am On May 23, 2020
fELiscatus:

I am not going to read it, oya come and beat me

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by xynerise: 8:46am On May 23, 2020
Dyt:

It is unhygienic. Taking in carbondioxide is not funny
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Dyt(f): 8:47am On May 23, 2020
Nonsoboy4life:

U know the rules..u would have atleast chatted with him privately than breaking the rules on same thread u created yourself...quite appealing

You sound so pained that I didn't reply mentions of your likes on the issue

Na una get una problem
I said what I said

Add yours or just look and pass

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Daum: 8:48am On May 23, 2020
HIV1:

Well written sir, I agree with your speech but not only financial contribution is paramount in marriage, time is also very important. One must have time for the family else the money contributed to make the family grow will be a waste.
The parents these days are also not helping the matter, some mothers and fathers even collect money from their young girls even when they know that their children are not yet working. I remember , back then when we were young , my mum used to check our bags when we come back from school to see if we have any item that she was not the one that bought them for us. But nowadays , a girl will be using expensive phone or any other item at home not bought by any of the parents and the parents will not see it as something wrong .... Good moral values are gone and not appreciated again.
I used to tell people that the reason marriages are crashing these days though poverty might take like 40%, guys are disappointed in their wife's, sexual escapades of girls before marriage makes them not to be loyal

Very correct. Imagine you will be dating a girl, and if she asks her mother for Something, the mother will tell her go and meet your boyfriend. It's crazy. Like the mother will have mind to borrow 50k from a girl that's 20 years old that ain't doing anything and she won't even ask where it came from. Imagine a mother in the house, her son and daughter both have faulty phones, the girl tells her mom about it, the mother tells her to go meet her boyfriend. Jesus wtf. And she goes ahead to buy for the son. Isn't she indirectly telling her daughter to go sleep with the big guys out there that can take care of her needs. It's crazy ehn....society now is bleeped up abeg

5 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Nobody: 8:51am On May 23, 2020
zimdante:

yeaaa i read that in Ecclsiastical but i still think life is a great experience.
For some, yes.
For others, not so much.
It depends on luck.

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Nonsoboy4life(m): 8:51am On May 23, 2020
Dyt:

You sound so pained that I didn't reply mentions of your likes on the issue

Na una get una problem
I said what I said

Add yours or just look and pass
Pained about what exactly...some of u ladies have inferiority complex and lack wisdom

Like your empty thread , like your empty brain...you can't give what u don't have unfortunately

Next time get an intelligent sound girl to help u tongue

5 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by ollypass: 8:52am On May 23, 2020
KingSatan:

But that is the truth!

I am tired of typing.

Cheers!

You sir...is now conferred with the honorary title of the Dai Lama of NL

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Nobody: 8:52am On May 23, 2020
alexola20:
The luckiest of all.

The Never born.

If not you will be afraid to do anything,everything.
Even to marry na real wahala.

wink grin
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Victornezzar: 8:52am On May 23, 2020
Kingsatan nice post there

Your Moniker though cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Nobody: 8:52am On May 23, 2020
Omar09:

Na only you get sense for here.
cheesy
Thank you.
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by liveyourlife007(m): 8:53am On May 23, 2020
i love this. everybody is thinking smart. This economic recession really spilled the apple from peoples mouth
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:54am On May 23, 2020
Dyt:
Never ever
I mean never settle for an entitled man

angry angry angry
But women are the entitled ones nau. Still we married their sorry asses like that.

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Liposure: 9:03am On May 23, 2020
Between a man and a woman who is more entitled. A woman will collect hair money, upkeep money, fork money, food money, child support and still have the gut 2 say men are scum. Who is fooling who

3 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by bobokeshington: 9:03am On May 23, 2020
KingSatan:

But that is the truth!

I am tired of typing.

Cheers!

God bless you sir!

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by zinny377(f): 9:03am On May 23, 2020
Table shakers club grin am just passing by.
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by AK481(m): 9:03am On May 23, 2020
KingSatan:

But that is the truth!

I am tired of typing.

Cheers!

Have you liked this comment ?

Oya go back and like it.

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by kiddkash(m): 9:05am On May 23, 2020
Coborona:

I was expecting something better than this

Entitled man?

Come on... It's the other way round

I'm not disputing that there are entitled men..

But more women act entitled

Right from dating... Most Naija ladies to be specific start asking for money to fix hair, to buy phone...
Money that they can't ask their fathers
They were not there when he was hustling, just toasting a Naija babe alone. She starts feeling entitled... I need money for subscription....I want to fix this.... If you shut her down... She starts giving you attitude

I laff, is this is the best counter thread y'all can come up with? this thread is a failure at best, like shooting yourself in the leg or scoring an own goal grin grin

Dead on arrival

Spits*
a bicycle kick own goal

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by kiddkash(m): 9:06am On May 23, 2020
Coborona:

I was expecting something better than this

Entitled man?

Come on... It's the other way round

I'm not disputing that there are entitled men..

But more women act entitled

Right from dating... Most Naija ladies to be specific start asking for money to fix hair, to buy phone...
Money that they can't ask their fathers
They were not there when he was hustling, just toasting a Naija babe alone. She starts feeling entitled... I need money for subscription....I want to fix this.... If you shut her down... She starts giving you attitude

I laff, is this is the best counter thread y'all can come up with? this thread is a failure at best, like shooting yourself in the leg or scoring an own goal grin grin

Dead on arrival

Spits*
a bicycle kick own goal

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Man Kills His Daughter After Finding Out She Was Not His Biological Child (pic) / Couple Ignore Their Maid At A Restaurant, Angry Nigerians React (Photos) / “I Cheated On My Wife To Make Her Lose Weight” – Kenyan Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.