Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,147 members, 7,860,117 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:01 AM

Atikus Verbal Cudgel during PDP Presidential Primaries rattles GEJ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atikus Verbal Cudgel during PDP Presidential Primaries rattles GEJ? (980 Views)

Jonathan Visits IBB During PDP Campaign Rally In Minna, Niger State (Photos) / Jonathan Visits Emir Of Ilorin During PDP Campaign Rally In Kwara State (Photos) / Jonathan Visits Shehu of Borno During PDP Campaign Rally in Maiduguri (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atikus Verbal Cudgel during PDP Presidential Primaries rattles GEJ? by Gbenge77(m): 7:01pm On Jan 17, 2011
The pdp presidential primaries was replete with political intrigue and and elegant exhibitionism of glamour and spectacle.But something caught my attention-ATIKUS VERBAL  ASSAULT ON GEJ. As MS SARAH JIBRIL exited the stage,next in line was ATIKU,who swaggered to the centre stage boldly.              After observing all protocols,he rhapsodized his active contribution to the laying of the PDPS foundation and how the party had blossomed nationwide.                               Looking furtively at the direction of GEJ,ATIKU went for the jugular,''For the eight months that he(GEJ) has been the president of this country,What has he achieved ?since he became Nigerias president,we have recorded  unprecedented insecurity, our economy is becoming worse and our foreign reserve is almost gone, ''.incidentally,the camera focused on GEJ and SAMBO who were sitting next to each other.GEJ appeared tensed and confused as a result of  the  verbal tirade which ATIKU unequivocally hurled in their direction.        At some point,Sambo smiled slyly and adjusted his position on the seat ,suggesting that he felt like vanishing from the scene to avoid the continued battery.   
       Then came ATIKU with the clincher''WE cannot allow this inexperience and incompetence to continue''.ATIKUS verbal cudgel had fatally inflicted a psychological injury on GEJ .                                         Obviously bereft of any ideas and unable to receive  any assitance from his wife sitting next to him-the woman who recently informed Nigerians that 'GEJ and SAMBO is a good people.'' he consults with DAVID MARK and  SPEAKER BANKOLE.OBJ was also seen whispering into his ears.      Eventually,GEJ  mounted the stage and he delivered an exceptionally boring and uninspiring.ESSENTIALLY,HE FAILED TO ADDRESS ATIKU'S CONCERNS.i am no fan of ATIKU nor GEJ  .Both ,allegedly,tried to outwit each other  by sharing bribes to delegates ,as a consequence,their credibility has been greatly undermined.                                incidentally,GEJ is intent on taking revenge on any governor who refuses to support his candidacy.I think thats over the bar.Also,the issue of the 50,000 'transport fare' given to the SNG remains unresolved. it does appear'transport fare culture' now operates in ASO ROCK.While Atiku has got the experience,he is too corrupt.GEJ has a calm demeanour,but he comes across as totally clueless.He might have won the primaries convincingly but Nigeria needs much more.As recriminations grow,political spat escalates ,and the war of  attrition continues.We shall have to wait and see.
Re: Atikus Verbal Cudgel during PDP Presidential Primaries rattles GEJ? by johndoe200: 7:18pm On Jan 17, 2011
Wow, he was so impressive that ALL the delegates voted for him. His landslide victory impressed me the most.
Re: Atikus Verbal Cudgel during PDP Presidential Primaries rattles GEJ? by Mcleo007(m): 7:56pm On Jan 17, 2011
In as much as I have no personal dislike for GEJ nor Atiku; I don't see either of them as the answer to the long standing problem of leadership in this country. Both men lack the vision and tenacity with which to govern. This is a new age,we need fresh,sound and convincing ideas.
Re: Atikus Verbal Cudgel during PDP Presidential Primaries rattles GEJ? by Gbenge77(m): 9:20am On Jan 18, 2011
GEJ became the president by chance,and rather than work to better the lot of Nigerians,he has been busy,''politicking''.
Re: Atikus Verbal Cudgel during PDP Presidential Primaries rattles GEJ? by Beaf: 9:26am On Jan 18, 2011
Stupeed article.
Re: Atikus Verbal Cudgel during PDP Presidential Primaries rattles GEJ? by Gbenge77(m): 12:24pm On Jan 18, 2011
@Beaf. How disrespectful of u?why bother to comment if you dont have anything meaningful to say?whatever happened to decorum.
Re: Atikus Verbal Cudgel during PDP Presidential Primaries rattles GEJ? by texazzpete(m): 2:15pm On Jan 18, 2011
Gbenge 77:

@Beaf. How disrespectful of u?why bother to comment if you dont have anything meaningful to say?whatever happened to decorum.

Considering the drunken, rambling nature of your OP, i'd say any response would be appropriate.

I also fail to understand how your post is in any way 'meaningful'. GEJ certainly didn't look rattled when he took Adamawa State and when he made his victory speech. Any basis for your 'psychological damage' statement?
Re: Atikus Verbal Cudgel during PDP Presidential Primaries rattles GEJ? by feelgood(m): 8:58am On Jan 19, 2011
Dear Gbenge77
That is what you saw, especially about Jonathan. What many of us did see was a man that was apparently more matured than Atiku. We saw, thankfully, a man of our generation (baby boomers) who refused to bow to the popular antics and demands of the 'Y' generation - abuses, denigrations, etc. We were reminded that it is still possible to hold your head high with decorum despite being tempted and taunted with 'bole kaja' proponents.
Now that you have drawn our attention to what YOU saw, I feel sad that we still have some in my generation that would not adhere to the lofty ideals by which we were raised as concerning gamesmanship undecided

But then, dear Gbenge77, life is a matter of choices. I therefore do not begrudge you your choice of one that fights and plays dirty. No. I respect your right to choose one that seeks mischief or perpetuates trouble. Happily, many of us did not take your choice and, lo, Jonathan came out tops, to your chagrin, apparently. But we must move on. To newer terrains. Trying to take us back to a past event serves no purpose, don't you think? Perhaps it does - only, I have failed to comprehend what YOU would have us understand. I admit, I still cannot see it and must leave you to continue with your efforts at persuading people to join YOUR train. I join a number of my contemporaries at wishing you goodluck (no pun intended) in your endeavors.

Meanwhile, I gotta leave. I need a breath of fresh air. Won't you join me?
Re: Atikus Verbal Cudgel during PDP Presidential Primaries rattles GEJ? by mogentle(m): 9:14am On Jan 19, 2011
@Gbenga77.
You really dissappointed me, I got no point in your post.
Excuse me pls.
Re: Atikus Verbal Cudgel during PDP Presidential Primaries rattles GEJ? by dustydee: 9:21am On Jan 19, 2011
Question: If GEJ was so popular why did he have to force the delegates through the governors to vote for him? same thing happened in kaduna when the ballot box was placed in front of the vice President.
Re: Atikus Verbal Cudgel during PDP Presidential Primaries rattles GEJ? by 1025: 9:54am On Jan 19, 2011
Dear Gbenge77
That is what you saw, especially about Jonathan. What many of us did see was a man that was apparently more matured than Atiku. We saw, thankfully, a man of our generation (baby boomers) who refused to bow to the popular antics and demands of the 'Y' generation - abuses, denigrations, etc. We were reminded that it is still possible to hold your head high with decorum despite being tempted and taunted with 'bole kaja' proponents.
Now that you have drawn our attention to what YOU saw, I feel sad that we still have some in my generation that would not adhere to the lofty ideals by which we were raised as concerning gamesmanship Undecided

But then, dear Gbenge77, life is a matter of choices. I therefore do not begrudge you your choice of one that fights and plays dirty. No. I respect your right to choose one that seeks mischief or perpetuates trouble. Happily, many of us did not take your choice and, lo, Jonathan came out tops, to your chagrin, apparently. But we must move on. To newer terrains. Trying to take us back to a past event serves no purpose, don't you think? Perhaps it does - only, I have failed to comprehend what YOU would have us understand. I admit, I still cannot see it and must leave you to continue with your efforts at persuading people to join YOUR train. I join a number of my contemporaries at wishing you goodluck (no pun intended) in your endeavors.

Meanwhile, I gotta leave. I need a breath of fresh air. Won't you join me?

@feelgood,
grammatically, u have done justice to ur school fees while politically, u are no different from one sided/partial judge one will expect from every nigerian politician. how do u feel when u look at the headlines of our national dailies? look at the following headlines for instance;

Ciroma, others in fresh plan to stop Jonathan •Ask Atiku to head for court •Jonathan unfit to rule Nigeria - Atiku, Ribadu, Shekarau - tribune

MEND threatens fresh attack on oil installations - tribune

Why he had to go, by Jonathan - TheGuardian

ECOWAS court upholds jurisdiction over oil pollution in N’Delta - TheGuardian

Nwodo: X-ray of a party chairman’s ouster - TheGuardian

Atiku's Associates Return to Court - thisday

ANPP Disowns Members in Jonathan's Cabinet - Thisday

INEC: Registration invalid without fingerprint - daily trust

Forced holiday: Parents flay Jonathan’s children’s return to school - Punch

Atiku, IBB, Gusau to fight within PDP - The Nation

not to bore you but i keep on asking myself, where in these topics is the hope of a commoner? where in the pictures are the much anticipated changes? what are the reasons for our celebrations? what are the possibilities that a failed obasanjo's regime will lead a jonathan's govt to success? why must we continue to rely on these same old criminals who in over 30 yrs have proved nothing but failure? i v lost counts of names on this same nairaland who kept telling us to give obasanjo time and that was far back 2001/02, this is 2011. if i cld see ppl like afam, i wld have been a happy man to ask them how far? they have decided to disappear maybe out of shame or lack of speeches.
any govt that cannot make a single positive move in eight months can never lead u to the promise land even in the next 50 yrs. go and mark my words this day the 19th day of january 2011. if God permits, we will be here in the next ofur useless yrs to discuss jonathan again.
nigeria needs men with vissions and actions. as long as these known criminals walk tall in out streets, as long as failures remain our statemen, as long as ddc machines disappear and reappear without punishments, as long as ships miss without trace, as long as funds are given to jega at will, as long as pdp remains in power, as long as nobody faces real punishments for contracts awarded and paid for without executions, as long as we we have elders who will never give chance to the younger generations, as long as politics remains the most lucrative business/venture in nigeria, as long as aso rock remains the headquaaters of corruption in nigeria, as long as the niger delta areas remains under developed, as long as jonathan is tied to obasanjo and the other destroyers of this nation, nigeria will continue in its one step forward, ten steps backward.
when do u think is the right time for obasanjo, tony annenih and other old men who have been arround for a very long time to retire and give way and opportunity for other ppl to try their luck for this country?
why are they all fighting, killing, stealing and doing all sorts of things to remain relevant in the politics of nigeria? why is mandela such a great man in south africa? until some of these questions get answers, i don't see any good thing coming our ways.
Re: Atikus Verbal Cudgel during PDP Presidential Primaries rattles GEJ? by Barkono: 1:19pm On Jan 19, 2011
Breathe of fresh (fart) air!
Re: Atikus Verbal Cudgel during PDP Presidential Primaries rattles GEJ? by feelgood(m): 2:20pm On Jan 19, 2011
Dear 1025,
Many thanks for your post. Going through the same is enough to make anyone give up on Nigeria. Only thing is: I refuse to give up on her. Problems will always be around - name the country - and every player/actor plays his part and leaves the stage. The challenge is who should be the 'lead actor' on stage? That's where choice comes in.

It does appear to me that you have taken no position as it appears you believe they are all 'birds of the same feather'.Yes? But we can't allow the ship of state to be 'Captainless' because of our disenchantment on the (supposed and manifest) characters of available sailors. But if we must ride through the stormy waters, we must have to choose among the ones that have volunteered their 'services'. Our choices, you'd agree are also influenced by varied factors, which is beside the point. THE ISSUE IS: THE SHIP CANNOT BE ALLOWED TO DRIFT. Sorry, sitting on the fence and griping, in order to be objective, will not solve it. YOU MUST MAKE A CHOICE!

Yes, I choose Jonathan, warts and all. Whom do you choose? My knowledge of all the candidates, informs my choice. I am not going to vote on party lines but on individuals. My choice of Governor for Lagos is Fashola (though I dislike Tinubu's antecedents). I carry no party card and I refuse to sit on the fence or 'siddon look' - Nigeria is too dear to me to do that. Would you want me to vote Atiku? Sorry, I won't. He will cause trouble, go to court, pronounce fire n brimstone? I'm not impressed - that's his style; just goes to strengthen my resolve. I do love Buhari, but can't get over his 'islamisation' of Nigeria. Ribadu? Need to reconcile his dining with the same Tinubu he once castigated for corruption. I'm beginning to sound like a Jonathan's apologist. I accept.

By the way,have you read the headlines lately about other climes? Pretty disturbing, no? But life still goes on. It never stops. You do know that, don't you? So you play your little role well and trust me to play mine well too - and hopefully, the aggregate result will be okay.

Bottomline: Jonathan for me. Who is for you? Whatever your stance ol' chap, I trust you do wish Nigeria goodluck. I do too. Cheers.

Now I need more fresh air than ever before.
Re: Atikus Verbal Cudgel during PDP Presidential Primaries rattles GEJ? by feelgood(m): 2:46pm On Jan 19, 2011
@ Dustydee
Counter question? Why wasn't Jonathan able to force All delegates to vote for him - especially those of Kano, Niger, Sokoto, Zamfara and Kebbi?

I sure would love to know how he forced those delegates to vote for him, especially when there was no way of him ever knowing whom the delegates penned as their choice. No doubt you are not insinuating he has some magical powers to do what you have alleged/claimed he did, yes? wink wink
Re: Atikus Verbal Cudgel during PDP Presidential Primaries rattles GEJ? by dustydee: 3:40pm On Jan 19, 2011
because thier governors did not allow it.Kano is an ANPP state so no governor. Niger sokoto, zamfara and kebbi, the IBB and Gusau factor. answer mine
it shows that some delegates are not cowards. mind you I am not pro Jonathan nor pro Atiku
Re: Atikus Verbal Cudgel during PDP Presidential Primaries rattles GEJ? by feelgood(m): 5:55pm On Jan 19, 2011
@ Dustydee

You've answered the questions yourself.

1. Not All the delegates voted for Jonathan and this 'shows that some delegates are not cowards'
2. Those delegates that voted Atiku in Niger,etc because of IBB and Gusau factor, proves that (going by your argument) they were forced to vote Atiku by IBB and Gusau. So, Jonathan forced just as Atiku (through IBB and Gusau) did - but was able to 'outforce' (outfox?) Atiku. I don't see any problem only that I suspect you would have wished otherwise. Goodluck next time.

Cheers
Re: Atikus Verbal Cudgel during PDP Presidential Primaries rattles GEJ? by Gbenge77(m): 8:05pm On Jan 19, 2011
@1025, I stated in my post that i wasnt a fan of GEJ nor ATIKU.Atiku aint no saint,but he did raise some posers in his speech and GEJ'S response was not convincing,enough.he might have won the primaries convicingly but those questions still beg for answers.Lets face it,GEJ is totally clueless!
Re: Atikus Verbal Cudgel during PDP Presidential Primaries rattles GEJ? by Gbenge77(m): 9:11am On Jan 20, 2011
dustydee,Gej comes across as too desperate.you will be shocked to hear about the details of his parley with the SNG.Nigeria deserves better than what he offers.We hardly need an Obasanjos puppet as the president.

(1) (Reply)

The "anything For Money" Culture/attitude Led To His Death---- Sources / Ibbs Reason For Coup Againt Buhari. Read His Coup Speech / My Opponents ‘ve Nothing To Offer – Jonathan!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.