Stats: 3,159,470 members, 7,840,037 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

Nwodo: Going. . . Going. . . Gone! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nwodo: Going. . . Going. . . Gone! (1703 Views)

JEGA, going! going!! gone!!! ''Clueless'' GEJ Outfoxes APC and JEGA / Edo Line Going! Going! Gone! / Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Nwodo: Going. . . Going. . . Gone! by Metalgoong(m): 12:00pm On Jan 18, 2011
enyojo:

igbos, dont crucify and sacrifice your own!

Tell that to KALU AKANU and other foolish Igbos on this forum who cannnot read the hand writing on the wall. . . . .  As the chairman of PDP, Nwodo has the mandate to exercise his authority without being anybody's puppet. Thats what leadership is all about, you cant please everybody at the sametime . . . . Since they removed Ogbulafor with corruption allegation, lets wait and see another lame offence which they would use to dump Nwodo, . . . . .
Anyway, it also serves Nwodo right. Foolish Igbo politicians, instead of enforcing the PDP presidential zoning arrangemnt, they chose to be struggling for chairmanship position.
Re: Nwodo: Going. . . Going. . . Gone! by Lagosboy: 1:40pm On Jan 18, 2011
See all the yeye PDP people and thir equally yeye GEJ. I dey Laugh o
Re: Nwodo: Going. . . Going. . . Gone! by haboosa(m): 1:46pm On Jan 18, 2011
homerac7:

I'm Igbo n from Enugu. Nwodo should go!

If others will encourage misconducts in name of preserving 'their own' and we won't, let it be. If keeping people on their toes will bring out best in dem, so be it. Israelis n Japanese govts have some of d highest leadership turnover yet run more successful governments dn likes of Nigeria n Cameroon. So what's d problem wt d eastern govts showing high turnovers in sync wt d cultural influence? If dt helps dem to always hav their best interest representation, dn so b it! D westerners n other parts r fully entitled to find their own rythms equally. D bankole dt Ws protected by his people is same dt went on boxing bout wt equally shameless state gov over commissioning of an uncompleted bridge project in Ota. What other major benefits did his state enjoy from his uninterrupted position? I would rather have high representative turn over wt results dn hav an sitting duck.

On Nwodo, isn't d cause of feud between him and d gov d fact dt he's Tryn to create a dynasty of his family and cronies in d state? Before his emergence as chairman, he lobbied a senatorial position for his wife wc d gov agreed to. Later, d chairmanship position wc d gov backed him and heavily influenced. When he became d chairman, he asked for a house of rep seat for another family member wc d gov turned down, hence d start of problem. At least, ds is d account I got frm a state PDP stalwart.

Going by above, wouldn't ejection of Nwodo b a good riddance? I wld like to hav a contrary account for a balanced view if there is any.
and he has gone!!!!!!!!!11 grin grin grin grin grin ;Dhttp://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/25063.html
Re: Nwodo: Going. . . Going. . . Gone! by nduchucks: 2:04pm On Jan 18, 2011
Why is it that, Igbo people put in very important leadership positions end up disgraced out of the position either because of corruption or by other Igbo leaders orchestrating their demise??

I find this trend quite disturbing, we saw it in senate leadership positions, and now in political party leadership positions. Is this a sign of what will happen if we ever get a president from the Ndigbo extraction? Will a Igbo president not be impeached by proceedings initiated by his own people? Do Igbo leaders have what it takes to lead?

Our people talk say: Agadi nwanyi da ada ugboro abuo, agu a ihe obu n'ísi onu (If an old woman falls twice, the number of things things she is carrying on her head must be rechecked)
Re: Nwodo: Going. . . Going. . . Gone! by chidexy(m): 2:15pm On Jan 18, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Why is it that, Igbo people put in very important leadership positions end up disgraced out of the position either because of corruption or by other Igbo leaders orchestrating their demise??

It's rather that the so called leaders are short-sighted. Why fight with his state Governor? Was that the only way to prove his relevance? He should have kept his sight on the ball at the national level, instead he was haggling with his state governor over who should go the state house of assembly.

The boot serves him right. Even if the SE eventually looses the PDP chairmanship, so what. Since they had it, what has it brought to the region in terms of tangible achievements? Nothing but to derail a Governor that has been hitherto providing good leadership to his people

Good riddance
Re: Nwodo: Going. . . Going. . . Gone! by KaluAkanu: 3:01pm On Jan 18, 2011
chidexy:

It's rather that the so called leaders are short-sighted. Why fight with his state Governor? Was that the only way to prove his relevance? He should have kept his sight on the ball at the national level, instead he was haggling with his state governor over who should go the state house of assembly.

The boot serves him right. Even if the SE eventually looses the PDP chairmanship, so what. Since they had it, what has it brought to the region in terms of tangible achievements? Nothing but to derail a Governor that has been hitherto providing good leadership to his people

Good riddance

I agree. Good riddance to bad rubbish. This man squandered our chances of retaining the PDP chairmanship. He should be a persona non-grata throughout Igboland. It was because of his selfishness that we have lost this position. Shame on this man!

We Igbos need to speak with one voice. I decry the situation my people are in. 100 Igbos all running for 1 position. It is sickening. No wonder the British had a hard time controlling us. Our egalitarian views is also a detriment to our society. Igbo-enwe-eze is perfectly clear.
Re: Nwodo: Going. . . Going. . . Gone! by soldee: 5:13pm On Jan 18, 2011
From Senate Presidency to PDP Chairmanship!!

Why do Ndigbo allow themselves to be used as musical chairs?

What will happen when we finally have an Igbo President?

Will Ndigbo be used as the instrument to bring him down?
Re: Nwodo: Going. . . Going. . . Gone! by Metalgoong(m): 5:24pm On Jan 18, 2011
Kalu Akanu:

I agree. Good riddance to bad rubbish. This man squandered our chances of retaining the PDP chairmanship. He should be a persona non-grata throughout Igboland. It was because of his selfishness that we have lost this position. Shame on this man!

We Igbos need to speak with one voice. I decry the situation my people are in. 100 Igbos all running for 1 position. It is sickening. No wonder the British had a hard time controlling us. Our egalitarian views is also a detriment to our society. Igbo-enwe-eze is perfectly clear.

No!! . . . I think you should be ashamed of yourself for supporting such an ignominious act against your brother . . .
Re: Nwodo: Going. . . Going. . . Gone! by Donmeca(m): 7:57pm On Jan 18, 2011
Nwodo is a threat to some people's interest according to d zoning formular, esp after the elections. . .they had to prune the competition down a little. He shud av got that into his brain b4 starting his childish war with Chime. . .he definitely put his cart b4 d horse.

Now Ekweremadu has realised that Nwodo's continued stay as PDP chairman spelt doom for his ambition of retaining the DSP in the coming legislative cycle (with a GEJ president), hence the deadly blow.
Re: Nwodo: Going. . . Going. . . Gone! by EkoIle1: 8:32pm On Jan 18, 2011
i wonder if the smartest man in iboland fit manage a freeking kindergarten school,

ibo people don suffer and continue to dey suffer. they can't catch no brake to save their chicken pen.

and they go crazy when we point out these shortcomings,

ndo,
Re: Nwodo: Going. . . Going. . . Gone! by warrior01: 10:07pm On Jan 18, 2011
I don't know why so many people on nairaland reason with their anus. The Nwodo debacle was used to nail the coffin on zoning. Promoting the deputy national chairman(from North West) to the post of chairman is a smart move by the top echelon of PDP is a way of shutting the mouths of pro zoning crusaders. With Nwodo out, zoning is finally dead and buried in PDP. THUS EVERYTHING IS NOW ON MERIT IN PDP
Re: Nwodo: Going. . . Going. . . Gone! by Onlytruth(m): 4:26am On Jan 19, 2011
PDP should take back the chairmanship position zoned to the SE. It is a useless position. At least I'm glad that another Igboman is not replacing Nwodo for now.

Still, this mindless shuffling leaves a sour taste in the mouth.  undecided It is an elementary political stratagem -someone is systematically trying to cast SE in bad light.

Believe me, if there is ever a free and fair elections in April, GEJ may not win SE, though I'm beginning to suspect that he is not planning to win SE fairly. I won't speculate on that.

This is time for Ndigbo to really strategize.
Unless Igbo leadership knows of GEJ innermost motives and are assured of his good intentions, it may be time to reevaluate our support of him.

Can Pdp Survive Cpc’s Onslaught In Nasarawa? / Who Kill Mko Abiola / How Jonathan Got His Gcfr-reuben Abati