Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,817 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Inec Ddcm Lapses & Untrained Operators - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inec Ddcm Lapses & Untrained Operators (658 Views)

Nigeria To Correct Lapses In Rail Agreements With China - Buhari / We’ll Correct The Lapses In The Oil Sector, Says Jonathan-finally Accepting Rot! / Army To Tackle Security Lapses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inec Ddcm Lapses & Untrained Operators by dozie76(m): 8:03am On Jan 18, 2011
I queued for hours for registration in the ongoing Voters registration exercise in my Area. After waiting for hours without the line moving an inch i became upset i then asked people around me why the delay, behold i was  told that the center has successfully register only 3 persons in the morning no one else for about five hours ago.
I was highly annoyed and joined others to air our displeasure as people began to form groups to discuss how INEC and its contractors has eaten our money.
On a second thought i decided to see exactly what was the problem only to find out that the NYSC Adhoc staff in company with some civil servants do not understand how to operate the machine.

The issue was that the scanner was not capturing thumb print of voters as i was questioning the officials i discovered that the scanner's red light which control the lens was not on .Neither the officials on ground nor their supervisor who came to rescue the situation understands that the scanner can not capture thumb print except when the light comes on.
With all the money mapped out for this exercise ,there should be no reason why the operators should not be adequately trained and equipped to carry on their job in absence of such embarrassing display in  public
Re: Inec Ddcm Lapses & Untrained Operators by texazzpete(m): 8:36am On Jan 18, 2011
dozie76:

I queued for hours for registration in the ongoing Voters registration exercise in my Area. After waiting for hours without the line moving an inch i became upset i then asked people around me why the delay, behold i was told that the center has successfully register only 3 persons in the morning no one else for about five hours ago.
I was highly annoined and joined others to air our displeasure as people began to form groups to discuss how INEC and its contractors has eaten our money.
On a second thought i decided to see exactly what was the problem only to find out that the NYSC Adhoc staff in company with some civil servants do not understand how to operate the machine.

The issue was that the scanner was not capturing thumb print of voters as i was questioning the officials i discovered that the scanner's red light which control the lens was not on .Neither the officials on ground nor their supervisor who came to rescue the situation understands that the scanner can not capture thumb print except when the light comes on.
With all the money mapped out for this exercise ,there should be no reason why the operators should not be adequately trained and equipped to carry on their job in absence of such embarrassing display in public

If at this age you cannot spell 'annoyed', I would also suggest that your teachers 'ate' your money too grin
Re: Inec Ddcm Lapses & Untrained Operators by dozie76(m): 8:49am On Jan 18, 2011
texazzpete:

If at this age you cannot spell 'annoyed', I would also suggest that your teachers 'ate' your money too grin
@ Texazzpete you are a typical Nigerian

thanks for your correction but you can afford to be polite and learn how to close your mouth in public especially when your mouth is smelling
Re: Inec Ddcm Lapses & Untrained Operators by texazzpete(m): 9:04am On Jan 18, 2011
dozie76:

@ Texazzpete you are a typical Nigerian

thanks for your correction but you can afford to be polite and learn how to close your mouth in public especially when your mouth is smelling

You can smell my breath over the Internet?!!! Someone please give this guy money to commercialize this tech! grin
Re: Inec Ddcm Lapses & Untrained Operators by monkeyleg: 9:44am On Jan 18, 2011
@Texazzpete,

dozie76 makes a very good point. Why provide equipment for adhoc staff without adequate training. Dont blame the corpers, balme Inec.

I would have setup a training camp for at least 2 weeks to train staff properly, with all sorts of possible scenarios. Make sure that we have the necessary support staff to work with them.

The voters registeration has not been properly planned. Simple truth
Re: Inec Ddcm Lapses & Untrained Operators by dozie76(m): 11:45am On Jan 18, 2011
@ Monkeyleg
Thanks for reasoning along with me and

@ Texazzpete no thanks keep saying anything you want to say "it is only a naughty child that ask for a fight with His father"
Re: Inec Ddcm Lapses & Untrained Operators by Bawss1(m): 11:59am On Jan 18, 2011
Its so hard to accept the correction and continue with the gripe about INEC eh? shocked
Re: Inec Ddcm Lapses & Untrained Operators by Bawss1(m): 12:01pm On Jan 18, 2011
Anyways it is obvious that the Corpers used in this exercise are not properly trained. A big shame indeed.

(1) (Reply)

Voters Registration Saga:inec Officials Are Always Late To Centers / 27 Niger Delta Militants To Face Trial For Attempted Murder In Ghana / Pdp, Cpc Clash Leaves One Dead:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.