Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,508 members, 7,823,190 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Jos Crises: Ndigbo Warn Against Fresh Attack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jos Crises: Ndigbo Warn Against Fresh Attack (2617 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 Farmers In Fresh Attack / Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Geidam, Yobe Governor’s Home Town / Bayelsa Elections: Sylva Kicks Against Fresh APC Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jos Crises: Ndigbo Warn Against Fresh Attack by omamokta: 10:31am On Jan 18, 2011
NORTHERN Igbo traditional leaders have warned that their people are not afraid of war over the current happenings in Jos, Plateau State. They have, therefore, called on their kith and kin in the north to be prepared for any eventuality.
They stated this during a courtesy visit to the State Governor Jonah Jang ,who quickly appealed for calm and restraints as the Federal Government was doing everything possible to arrest all those who had been disturbing the peace in the state and other parts of the country.

The Eze Igbo One of Abuja and the Chairman of Igbo leaders in the 19 states and Abuja, Chief Ibe Nwosu, said he was making this position known because the Igbo had never caused any problem any where they are and wondered why they had consistently been targets of attacks?

He said: "We are not trouble makers, but any where trouble finds us, we must defend ourselves."

Chief Nwosu then advised the governor to always be in contact with the Igbo leadership in the state to find out their worries, saying that would assuage their hearts because "it?s a known fact that "Igbo are peaceful and don?t believe in war but business."

"We are not happy with what is going on in Plateau. All the 19 states and Abuja asked me to come here and say sorry on what is going on. We have lost 40 or there about and are Igbos," he said.

Responding, Governor Jang said: "Something serious is being done and people behind all this will not find a hiding place in this country."

According to him, "people must be prepared to defend themselves, it is only by this that attackers will be afraid and these nonsense will stop." He pleaded with Nigerians to be patient because no government would sit and fold its arms and watch lawlessness being perpetrated.

He said the Igbo nation had suffered more than any other region in this country, but regertted that it is not the right of anyone to take the live of another, "but the hoodlums are delibartaely trying to distabilize this country."
http://www.champion.com.ng
Re: Jos Crises: Ndigbo Warn Against Fresh Attack by omamokta: 10:38am On Jan 18, 2011
Igbos have suffered in the hands of the northerners more than any tribe in the country, one thing everybody should always have in mind is that no tribe has monopoly over violence. There are a lot of Northerners in the eastern part of the country on which a reprisal could be aimed at but the Igbo are peace loving people but i know if they are pushed to the wall as it happened in 1999/2000, the rythm of the game might change but we dont pray for that. We want one Nigeria.
Re: Jos Crises: Ndigbo Warn Against Fresh Attack by namfav(m): 11:32am On Jan 18, 2011
**** igbos, keep on complaining because you haven't achieved anything
Re: Jos Crises: Ndigbo Warn Against Fresh Attack by aljharem(m): 11:40am On Jan 18, 2011
namfav:

**** igbos, keep on complaining because you haven't achieved anything

namfav, brother

how are you na smiley

long time, really missed you on this forum smiley
Re: Jos Crises: Ndigbo Warn Against Fresh Attack by joeyfire(m): 11:53am On Jan 18, 2011
@namfav - was that by absurd stretch of the imagination, a sensible comment?
Re: Jos Crises: Ndigbo Warn Against Fresh Attack by namfav(m): 12:18pm On Jan 18, 2011
alj harem:

namfav, brother

how are you na smiley

long time, really missed you on this forum smiley
i've been doing good, how are you bro?

joeyfire:

@namfav - was that by absurd stretch of the imagination, a sensible comment?
igbos will blame the thunderstorm on the north, they need to find somethings else to complain about we are not responsible for their failures
Re: Jos Crises: Ndigbo Warn Against Fresh Attack by joeyfire(m): 12:32pm On Jan 18, 2011
@namfav - igbos were killed in jos by northerners, true or false? so what does blaming ''thunderstorm'' have to do with anything. Like i said before your comment is bereft of the slightest shred of logic
Re: Jos Crises: Ndigbo Warn Against Fresh Attack by namfav(m): 12:39pm On Jan 18, 2011
joeyfire:

@namfav - igbos were killed in jos by northerners, true or false? so what does blaming ''thunderstorm'' have to do with anything. Like i said before your comment is bereft of the slightest shred of logic

no igbo was killed, igbos have always been instigating things to happen without a reaction, the cannibals have done 20x worse to northerners
they haven't got anything that they couldn't have prevented themselves, maybe their complaints will appeal cnn as its on a anti-muslim crusade but it won't convince everyone
Re: Jos Crises: Ndigbo Warn Against Fresh Attack by joeyfire(m): 12:55pm On Jan 18, 2011
@namfav - I know that you are joking when you say that no igbo was killed in jos. So all the national newspapers, stf statements, statements by the governor etc are lies by the igbos to smear the north?. i honestly dont know where to start but when you say the ''cannibals''have done 20X times worse''what do you mean? also you say ''they havent got anything they couldnt have prevented themselves'' what does that mean. it looks like you are reading from a script. Kindly enlighten me
Re: Jos Crises: Ndigbo Warn Against Fresh Attack by Justcash(m): 1:06pm On Jan 18, 2011
namfav:

no igbo was killed, igbos have always been instigating things to happen without a reaction, the cannibals [/b]have done 20x worse to northerners
they haven't got anything that they couldn't have prevented themselves, maybe their complaints will appeal cnn as its on a anti-muslim crusade but it won't convince everyone
[b]

Wait until Igbos burn your fathers, Mothers, brothers and Sisters in the East, on a friday while they'd be praying in the mosque. I promise you that the next time you guys dare raise a Cutlass, thunder go strike una from where una no expect. You are a Cow, that is why you think eating cows/ram is "Cannibalism". Eeediot.
Re: Jos Crises: Ndigbo Warn Against Fresh Attack by namfav(m): 2:22pm On Jan 18, 2011
joeyfire:

@namfav - I know that you are joking when you say that no igbo was killed in jos. So all the national newspapers, stf statements, statements by the governor etc are lies by the igbos to smear the north?. i honestly dont know where to start but when you say the ''cannibals''have done 20X times worse''what do you mean? also you say ''they havent got anything they couldnt have prevented themselves'' what does that mean. it looks like you are reading from a script. Kindly enlighten me

thats a lie, northerners did not kill igbos, where did you get that lie from? who was provoked? a provocation does not lead to a kill, speak to a well educated lawyer, your statements are made to fuel more fire
igbos have a blood thirsty history, they can't blame anyone they need to start looking at themselves to see where the murderers are from! if you want to avoid conflict you don't do so my provocation

Justcash:

Wait until Igbos burn your fathers, Mothers, brothers and Sisters in the East, on a friday while they'd be praying in the mosque. I promise you that the next time you guys dare raise a Cutlass, thunder go strike una from where una no expect. You are a Cow, that is why you think eating cows/ram is "Cannibalism". Eeediot.

im not condoning violence, it seems like you are condoning conflict, igbos are fueling the fire hoping there won't be any reaction, what a disillusioned people, thats the least to expect from blood thirsty individuals
Re: Jos Crises: Ndigbo Warn Against Fresh Attack by KaluAkanu: 3:17pm On Jan 18, 2011
I am perplexed that a Northerner has the nerve to call a people from the south animals. It is these same Northerners who will kill innocent Nigerians, when someone draws a cartoon of their precious prophet in Denmark. What does Denmark have to do with Nigeria? Did it warrant such a reaction from the people of the North against their fellow Africans?

The only animals I see live in the North. With their backward ways. These Northern people for the most part are a dumb lot. They have no mind of their own, in which they have to listen to their aristocratic leaders for guidance. These same leaders are the ones who continue to keep them poor. I used to feel sorry for the Northern people, but they desserve everything that they get. Suffering from the lemming mentality.

There will come a day, in which the Igbo will have their revenge. Hopefully, that day is soon. Just like the Jews are putting those Arabs in their places, the Igbo will do that to these buffoons from the North.
Re: Jos Crises: Ndigbo Warn Against Fresh Attack by joeyfire(m): 3:18pm On Jan 18, 2011
@namfav - in one word you say ''northerners did not kill igbos'' and in the next you say ''who was provoked'' I am a bit confused at your posts. what are you really trying to say? are you seriuously trying to deny that hausa/fulani death squads did not attack and murder igbos in this crisis? please read the newspapers and stop whining.

also what do you mean by my statements are ''to fuel fire'' I have merely asked you questions and you have the burden of answering them if you are telling the truth. Why would igbos close down their shops and deprive themselves of tons of income if their kinsmen were not murdered by hausa/fulani mobs?

A northerner saying that Igbos have a blood thirsty history? you really must be joking or like i said  earlier you are reading from a script. I wont waste my time giving you the loooong history of the blood lettting in the north against southerners and xtians alike. please stop joking around this thread if you have nothing tangible to say
Re: Jos Crises: Ndigbo Warn Against Fresh Attack by namfav(m): 3:23pm On Jan 18, 2011
Kalu Akanu:

I am perplexed that a Northerner has the nerve to call a people from the south animals. It is these same Northerners who will kill innocent Nigerians, when someone draws a cartoon of their precious prophet in Denmark. What does Denmark have to do with Nigeria? Did it warrant such a reaction from the people of the North against their fellow Africans?

The only animals I see live in the North. With their backward ways. These Northern people for the most part are a dumb lot. They have no mind of their own, in which they have to listen to their aristocratic leaders for guidance. These same leaders are the ones who continue to keep them poor. I used to feel sorry for the Northern people, but they desserve everything that they get. Suffering from the lemming mentality.

There will come a day, in which the Igbo will have their revenge. Hopefully, that day is soon. Just like the Jews are putting those Arabs in their places, the Igbo will do that to these buffoons from the North.

igbo animals don't know whats revenge, becareful what you wish for, or you will regret what you are wishing for, igbos are the weakest individuals in the whole of west africa, you haven't achieved anything collectively and will never, again, becareful what you wish for
Re: Jos Crises: Ndigbo Warn Against Fresh Attack by Kcswat22: 3:24pm On Jan 18, 2011
@ namfav n alhaji  harem. Igbu nne gi na nwunye gi.may thunder fire u der. Dnt worry d north will not rule dis useless country again.mark my words. By 2015 der will confusion n d UN will gv some parts of d country tickect to organise referandum let u rule n kill ur self. Useless uneducated people like u. Jst tell me one tin u hv  contributed for dis useless country n i'll tell 10 by southern. U dnt even knw dat US n UN is monitorinhg dis site n knw dat nigerian r nt united. Fool
Re: Jos Crises: Ndigbo Warn Against Fresh Attack by namfav(m): 3:27pm On Jan 18, 2011
joeyfire:

@namfav - in one word you say ''northerners did not kill igbos'' and in the next you say ''who was provoked'' I am a bit confused at your posts. what are you really trying to say? are you seriuously trying to deny that hausa/fulani death squads did not attack and murder igbos in this crisis? please read the newspapers and stop whining.

also what do you mean by my statements are ''to fuel fire'' I have merely asked you questions and you have the burden of answering them if you are telling the truth. Why would igbos close down their shops and deprive themselves of tons of income if their kinsmen were not murdered by hausa/fulani mobs?

A northerner saying that Igbos have a blood thirsty history? you really must be joking or like i said  earlier you are reading from a script. I wont waste my time giving you the loooong history of the blood lettting in the north against southerners and xtians alike. please stop joking around this thread if you have nothing tangible to say

dude, igbos are provoking, they are the architechts of whatever is coming to them so stop blaming other people, igbos need to get over their inferiority complex, no one is holding them back apart from their bush mindset, igbos have been trying to cause as much conflict to point the finger at anyone they deemed enemies, they've for a long time being provoking northerners, its not northerners killing them, its the igbo bushman who is causing this upon themselves, its unfortunate that innocent women and children are caught in this politics but its part of igbo animalistic culture, igbos were always known for their divisiveness
Re: Jos Crises: Ndigbo Warn Against Fresh Attack by namfav(m): 3:29pm On Jan 18, 2011
Kcswat22:

@ namfav n alhaji  harem. Igbu nne gi na nwunye gi.may thunder fire u der. Dnt worry d north will not rule dis useless country again.mark my words. By 2015 der will confusion n d UN will gv some parts of d country tickect to organise referandum let u rule n kill your self. Useless uneducated people like u. Jst tell me one tin u hv  contributed for dis useless country n i'll tell 10 by southern. U dnt even knw dat US n UN is monitorinhg dis site n knw dat nigerian r nt united. Fool

the northerners have laid the foundations for nigeria post-independance if not for the north nigeria would have not been what it is today

fact

again becareful what you wish for, can you dirty animals not say something without wishing misery and guilt on other people?
Re: Jos Crises: Ndigbo Warn Against Fresh Attack by KaluAkanu: 3:32pm On Jan 18, 2011
namfav:

igbo animals don't know whats revenge, becareful what you wish for, or you will regret what you are wishing for, igbos are the weakest individuals in the whole of west africa, you haven't achieved anything collectively and will never, again, becareful what you wish for

Look you Northern goat, I cannot wait till the day when we slaughter your lot. The Igbo belief in Christianity has pacified many of us, but those days are numbered. No more turning the other cheek. The old gods require blood, and not just anyone's blood, they require the blood of those who have killed their children. When that day comes, even your precious beliefs will not be able to save you.

Northerner be careful with your words. Without the South, your country will be like Chad and Niger. Countries that add nothing to the world, but Muslim extremist. And if your people keep on targeting Christians bad becoming terrorist, your precious region will be bombed like Afghanistan and Pakistan. Who will come to your aid? The West wont, nor the East. You all are just the scum of the Earth.

It sickens me that in the West, we Nigerian Christian have to be lumped in with you terrorist. Your region is still the poorest even though you all have had power since the beginning and you all have nothing to show for it. Only illiterate people who are dumber than my dog.
Re: Jos Crises: Ndigbo Warn Against Fresh Attack by KaluAkanu: 3:38pm On Jan 18, 2011
To my Igbo brethren, remember this, One Bullet = One Northerner. If you do not have bullets, then machetes are perfectly fine. Butcher them like the goats they are. Do not run from them, fight them in the streets. They kill one of us, we kill 20 of them. Anywhere Igbos are targeted, stand your ground.

No more running. Never again will suffer from this nonsense. Ekwensu will be your guiding light! Our god of war & victory will show these backwards people not to mess with his chosen children.

You heard how these people feel about us. We have nothing to lose. Money can be gained again through hard work, but your lives are precious. Cherish your life over your money.
Re: Jos Crises: Ndigbo Warn Against Fresh Attack by namfav(m): 3:40pm On Jan 18, 2011
Kalu Akanu:

Look you Northern goat, I cannot wait till the day when we slaughter your lot. The Igbo belief in Christianity has pacified many of us, but those days are numbered. No more turning the other cheek. The old gods require blood, and not just anyone's blood, they require the blood of those who have killed their children. When that day comes, even your precious beliefs will not be able to save you.

Northerner be careful with your words. Without the South, your country will be like Chad and Niger. Countries that add nothing to the world, but Muslim extremist. And if your people keep on targeting Christians bad becoming terrorist, your precious region will be bombed like Afghanistan and Pakistan. Who will come to your aid? The West wont, nor the East. You all are just the scum of the Earth.

It sickens me that in the West, we Nigerian Christian have to be lumped in with you terrorist. Your region is still the poorest even though you all have had power since the beginning and you all have nothing to show for it. Only illiterate people who are dumber than my dog.  

we are the most powerful people in africa, collectevly how do you wish to destroy fulanis and hausas who cover most of the sahel? we will destroy you so becareful what you wish for you dirty beast

unlike you im not condoning violence but if that what you wish you will be destroyed you dirty cowards, it happened before and it will happen again and once we are done we will make the south ours, so becareful what you wish for and don't awaken a sleeping lion, you think a few nomad boys who are reacting represent the majority of the north? yet these nomad boys are unsettling the whole south imagine if the whole north reacts to your provocations? what will happen, i don't even want to think

becareful what you wish for
Re: Jos Crises: Ndigbo Warn Against Fresh Attack by namfav(m): 3:43pm On Jan 18, 2011
Kalu Akanu:

To my Igbo brethren, remember this, One Bullet = One Northerner. If you do not have bullets, then machetes are perfectly fine. Butcher them like the goats they are. Do not run from them, fight them in the streets. They kill one of us, we kill 20 of them. Anywhere Igbos are targeted, stand your ground.

No more running. Never again will suffer from this nonsense. Ekwensu will be your guiding light! Our god of war & victory will show these backwards people not to mess with his chosen children.

You heard how these people feel about us. We have nothing to lose. Money can be gained again through hard work, but your lives are precious. Cherish your life over your money.

don't be a barbaric dog if you don't want to lose everything
Re: Jos Crises: Ndigbo Warn Against Fresh Attack by udezue(m): 5:23pm On Jan 18, 2011
Kalu Akanu:

GBAM GBAM GBOSA!!!!!

Now that is the spirit.
Re: Jos Crises: Ndigbo Warn Against Fresh Attack by jason123: 7:21pm On Jan 18, 2011
@ Navfam

No southerner would allow you to kill One southerner in the south talkless of "conquering" it. We would fight till we( north and south) all DIE! okay?
Re: Jos Crises: Ndigbo Warn Against Fresh Attack by Missy85(f): 7:56pm On Jan 18, 2011
no need for this guys.

,,,and Jason,'we would fight till we all die' cant stop Lol! but you are abroad,,,u mean you'd honestly get on a plane to return home to pick an axe, cutlass, or machette to fight the northerners 'till you all die?'

Lol!
Re: Jos Crises: Ndigbo Warn Against Fresh Attack by ekubear1: 8:09pm On Jan 18, 2011
@namfav isn't even a northerner, he is a confused igala man.
Re: Jos Crises: Ndigbo Warn Against Fresh Attack by solihu(m): 8:15pm On Jan 18, 2011
Oh God! I weep for my dear country. I read these comments & didn't know tears were running down. Any hope for Nigeria? .
Singing ~
mercies of the lord come down now to your children, ooh no no no nooo ~ Jah take control.
Re: Jos Crises: Ndigbo Warn Against Fresh Attack by jason123: 8:16pm On Jan 18, 2011
Missy85:

no need for this guys.

,,,and Jason,'we would fight till we all die' cant stop Lol! but you are abroad,,,u mean you'd honestly get on a plane to return home to pick an axe, cutlass, or machette to fight the northerners 'till you all die?'

Lol!

grin grin grin
. . . .but on a serious note, THIS GUY IS ANNOYING THOUGH! undecided. How can my fellow country man be saying the things he says?

eku_bear:

@namfav isn't even a northerner, he is a confused igala man.

He is fulani.
Re: Jos Crises: Ndigbo Warn Against Fresh Attack by aljharem(m): 8:26pm On Jan 18, 2011
jason123:

@ Navfam

No southerner would allow you to kill One southerner in the south talkless of "conquering" it. We would fight till we( north and south) all DIE! okay?

mumu grin grin grin
Re: Jos Crises: Ndigbo Warn Against Fresh Attack by ekubear1: 8:30pm On Jan 18, 2011
jason123:

He is fulani.

His father is Igala. His father's father is Igala. His mother is Igala.

He is just a confused dude. . .

Igala man trying to be more Northern than the Northerners grin grin
Re: Jos Crises: Ndigbo Warn Against Fresh Attack by aljharem(m): 8:36pm On Jan 18, 2011
eku_bear:

His father is Igala. His father's father is Igala. His mother is Igala.

He is just a confused dude. . .

Igala man trying to be more Northern than the Northerners grin grin

what!

what are you talking about undecided

do you think this is amagfar the igala man undecided

this is namfav from sokoto, an hausa/fulani

go read his thrends
Re: Jos Crises: Ndigbo Warn Against Fresh Attack by Kwajay(m): 8:41pm On Jan 18, 2011
why is it that in a forum well dominated by southerners a northerner comes in makes a comment and most of you will start showing yourselves. Some are even saying one bullet to one man bla bla bla. I bet most of you are living abroad and you come here to make it look  as if its boiling down there in Nigeria. My brothers we dont need these things all we need is peace. Stop all the bashing and professing of violence.
Re: Jos Crises: Ndigbo Warn Against Fresh Attack by Cyborg2011: 9:10pm On Jan 18, 2011
Missy85:

no need for this guys.

Lol!

This is among the biggest problem Nigeria is having all these igbo thieves are doing nothing but destroying the name and image of Nigeria abroad, doing nothing but yahoozing, stealing oyinbo money over the net, selling cocaine in Asia, women n children traffiking, alots have been executed in China and lots are still in prisons around the globe, (google the net for yourself) the dominate cocaine business in Europe, do you ever thing this people will bring development ?

That's just outside, inside the country nothing but killing, provocation, calling names, these are minus, the majors are; kidnapping everywhere, terrrorism and bombing even the Capital, robbering, men Igbo are bad.

I am still wondering poeople claiming and clamouring re-branding Nigeria, with Igbo people in and outside, think twice, tarnishing the Image of Nigeria is not good Igbo be careful as my friend said.

Igbo are nothing but bunch of War Mongers !

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Five Shocking Things You Never Knew About Your Country, Nigeria! / Elrufai's Picture Story Just Went Viral!!!!!whats Your Interpretation Of This? / The Amunition Nigerian Army Needs For Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.