Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

18 RECs To Be Used For Ondo Governorship Election – Jega - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 18 RECs To Be Used For Ondo Governorship Election – Jega (2630 Views)

INEC Fixes Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections / Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes / Ondo Governorship: Mimiko Turns To President Jonathan For Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

18 RECs To Be Used For Ondo Governorship Election – Jega by semid4lyfe(m): 8:29am On Oct 18, 2012
18 RECs to be used for election – Jega
BY DAYO JOHNSON

CHAIRMAN of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Prof Attahiru Jega, yesterday, assured that all the votes cast in the October 20 governorship election in Ondo State wouldl count and that the winner of the election would be declared Sunday morning.

Jega, who spoke in Akure during a stakeholder meeting with all the political parties said that the Ondo State elections would be a tremendous improvement on the one held in Edo State last July. He also declared that the commission would not remove any of the already accredited election observing groups without clear evidence of partisanship.

He said that 18 Resident Electoral Commissioners, REC from states outside the South West would act as Electoral Officers in the 18 council areas of the state
The Chairman assured that the election would be free, fair and credible and that the electoral body would create an enabling atmosphere for all political parties without any bias.

Jega said the commission had done its best in discharging its responsibilities even as he admitted that the commission was not perfect but had been able to improve on the challenges it faced in previous elections especially that of Edo State.

“We are committed to conducting the best election in Ondo State come October 20 and we want to assure all that we are ready to put in all the professionalism and integrity that are required to this election.”

He called on the political parties to report any INEC official found to have compromised in the October 20 election.Jega said that the commission would however not bulge to spurious allegation but added that all allegations would be investigated

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/18-recs-to-be-used-for-election-jega/
Re: 18 RECs To Be Used For Ondo Governorship Election – Jega by MadCow1: 8:36am On Oct 18, 2012
Okay!!

I trust Attahiru JEGA held elections anyways..

Goodluck Ondo State.. I pray you pick the best man for you..

1 Like

Re: 18 RECs To Be Used For Ondo Governorship Election – Jega by obicentlis: 8:37am On Oct 18, 2012
I pray so.
Re: 18 RECs To Be Used For Ondo Governorship Election – Jega by obicentlis: 8:40am On Oct 18, 2012
Mad Cow: Okay!!

I trust Attahiru JEGA held elections anyways..

Goodluck Ondo State.. I pray you pick the best man for you..
Abegi, remove that name(Goodluck) from Ondo State.
Re: 18 RECs To Be Used For Ondo Governorship Election – Jega by 5alive(m): 8:46am On Oct 18, 2012
ACN all d way
Re: 18 RECs To Be Used For Ondo Governorship Election – Jega by koyu2049: 8:50am On Oct 18, 2012
Carefully preserved between us the dribs and drabs [img]http://www.forexchartingsoftware.info/pc.gif[/img]
Re: 18 RECs To Be Used For Ondo Governorship Election – Jega by AkandeTK(m): 9:01am On Oct 18, 2012
Jega...we strongly believe ur word....ACN all d way
Re: 18 RECs To Be Used For Ondo Governorship Election – Jega by dohyn(m): 9:07am On Oct 18, 2012
Just saw this online...

Re: 18 RECs To Be Used For Ondo Governorship Election – Jega by Arrowman(m): 9:09am On Oct 18, 2012
Re: 18 RECs To Be Used For Ondo Governorship Election – Jega by milkydaddy(m): 9:35am On Oct 18, 2012
acn wil win
Re: 18 RECs To Be Used For Ondo Governorship Election – Jega by jaido09: 10:04am On Oct 18, 2012
D heat is on. ACN all d w...! Well not as confident as I was b4. Fingers crossed sha
Re: 18 RECs To Be Used For Ondo Governorship Election – Jega by slimyem: 11:26am On Oct 18, 2012
Very good!!
ACN will be SHAMED!!!
Mimiko(the best man) will emerge the winner!!
Re: 18 RECs To Be Used For Ondo Governorship Election – Jega by TeeSeven(m): 3:35pm On Oct 18, 2012
The image of the 1983 post-election violence I witnessed in Akure is still fresh in my mind.
With the amount of heat and desperacy that has been generated in advance of this election, I sinerely pray there won't be a re-enactment of the '83 saga.

(1) (Reply)

APGA Victory: Ume Leads Obiano To Ojukwu's Mausoleum(pictures) / How Jega Defeated Jonathan For Buhari In The Election, / Corruption Wars: Obasanjo Set To Expose Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.