Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,838 members, 7,828,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos (5864 Views)

Conoil Oil Threatening Our Peace, Security, Ondo Ijaw Community Cries Out / Soldiers Invade Ijaw Community,shoot Man Who Came Home Becos Covid-19 Dead(pics) / Sorry State Of Ikeja Bus Terminal Months After It Was Commissioned By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by BabaRamota1980: 12:26pm On May 24, 2020
sammyj:
That is a big lie. What you so called developers don’t understand is that land can only be bought and secured for a particular period of time in a state after which it automatically becomes the state property after the dead period is over. So continue the chest beating and develop other people’s land for their government! Las las una go get sense grin!

They are property owners, not land owners. Land is not bought, it is leased. Certificate of occupancy is issued to an occupant on a land while the owner retains the right to land.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by Odingo1: 12:26pm On May 24, 2020
Amarabae:
Ijaw community in Lagos state?

Go and read your history, stop taken yoruba propaganda hook and sink.

Ijaw people are the first people to occupy the river-line area of Lagos followed by Egun people from Togo/Benin Repulic and finally Ilajes and Aworis. Yorubas migrated in droves to lagos after the British conquest of Eko in which they defeated the Bini Kidgdom and renamed it Lagos(the name lagos mean dustbin in portugese language from where they derived the name) and allow the migrant Yorubas to have upper hand because the British want to weaken the indigenous people from resisting British rule in lagos.

There no indiginous yoruba person in Lagos. All of them migrated from hinterland to lagos. Tinubi is from Osun. Ambode is from Ogun. Fashola is from Ibadan. Sanwo Olu is from Ondo. All yorubas in lagos are migrant and they know that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by Oyiboman69: 12:28pm On May 24, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Ijaw in Lagos?

How did they fly from Delta Coastal areas to Lagos?

For avoidance of doubt, Ondo coast line to Ogun to parts of Lagos is inhabited by Ilajes and Ijebu

And a decent portion of Delta coastline was inhabited by ijebu and Ilaje communities who now call themselves Ishekiri.

1 Like

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by Sunshineg5(m): 12:30pm On May 24, 2020
Oyiboman69:
Read up the history of Ishekiris

1 Like

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by Sammy07: 12:36pm On May 24, 2020
sageb:
ijaws also inhabit some areas in ondo state e.g Ese odo LGA. Even the deputy governor of ondo state is ijaw.

Stop smoking weed bro

2 Likes

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by Sammy07: 12:37pm On May 24, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Epe is owned by Ijaws and Egun

Ibeju is owned by Ijaws and Eguns

Even Lekki peninsula is owned by ijaw and Egun

It just so happen that all this areas have Yoruba kings and not a single ijaw or Egun king

In addition, ijebu water side in Ogun state and Ilaje local government area in Ondo is being owned by Ijaws and Eguns cheesy

They are smoking weed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by Sammy07: 12:39pm On May 24, 2020
sageb:
did i say anything with regards to ilaje. I only inform you that there are ijaws who are indigenes in ondo state. worthy of mention is kingsley kuku, omoyele sowore and the deputy governor of ondo state.

Stop smoking weed bro.

Ijaws are not indegines but settlers and migrants

2 Likes

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by Oyiboman69: 12:41pm On May 24, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Read up the history of Ishekiris
There were settlers known as ijegiri before the people of Ife came...so your assertions is completely devoid of any historical significance...

1 Like

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by Sammy07: 12:42pm On May 24, 2020
Odingo1:

Ijaw people are the first people to occupy the river-line area of Lagos followed by Egun people from Togo/Benin Repulic and finally Ilajes and Aworis. Yorubas migrated in droves to lagos after the British conquest of Eko in which they defeated the Bini Kidgdom and renamed it Lagos(the name lagos mean dustbin in portugese language from where they derived the name) and allow the migrant Yorubas to have upper hand because the British want to weaken the indigenous people from resisting British rule in lagos.

There no indiginous yoruba person in Lagos. All of them migrated from hinterland to lagos. Tinubi is from Osun. Ambode is from Ogun. Fashola is from Ibadan. Sanwo Olu is from Ondo. All yorubas in lagos are migrant and they know that.

Stop listening to radio biafra and stop smoking weed.

Tinubu is from Osun
Ambode is from Ilaje in Ondo
Sanwoolu is From Lagos.

Ijaws in Ondo state are Settlers not indigenes. cheesy

Theyve been Yorubanized cheesy

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by Sunshineg5(m): 12:42pm On May 24, 2020
Sammy07:

They are smoking weed
My bruv, they talk and act out of spite and lack ability to reason rationally cheesy

Anyone with a functioning brain would go and read history rather than make up tales without any evidence to back it up.

We will continue to school them by God's Grace cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by Sunshineg5(m): 12:43pm On May 24, 2020
Sammy07:

Stop listening to radio biafra and stop smoking weed.

Tinubu is from Osun
Ambode is from Ilaje in Ondo
Sanwoolu is From Lagos.
Sanwolu's family is even very prominent around Lagos island.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by Sunshineg5(m): 12:45pm On May 24, 2020
Oyiboman69:

There were settlers known as ijegiri before the people of Ife came...so your assertions is completely devoid of any historical significance...
.Go and read your history again

Who were the ijekkri and where did they come from

Google is your friend
Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by Sammy07: 12:48pm On May 24, 2020
Sunshineg5:
My bruv, they talk and act out of spite and lack ability to reason rationally cheesy

Anyone with a functioning brain would go and read history rather than make up tales without any evidence to back it up.

We will continue to school them by God's Grace cheesy

I came to the thread late though.

Ijaws are found in Ese Odo and some part of Ilaje.
They've been Yorubanized self.

The Deputy governor of Ondo is from Ese Odo LG not Ilaje. And he's Yoruba.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by Sammy07: 12:48pm On May 24, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Sanwolu's family is even very prominent around Lagos island.

They listen to radio biafra too much

1 Like

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by Obamaofusa: 12:49pm On May 24, 2020
Odingo1:

Continue to cry like Azikiwe did on Lagos until his mouth was dipped into the potopoto republic mud cemetery in alaigbo where all OSUs belong.
If you are not Yoruba, you are a bloody immigrant in Lagos.Ask Massob.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by DanseMacabre(m): 1:01pm On May 24, 2020
sammyj:
Thank you for understanding the bitter truth. So you and your kinds the developers should stop developing and face your state as Lagos is not a no man's land !!! grin wink

But what is Amotekun doing about the impending total Fulanisation and almajirisation of the SW, characterised by the mass movement of Fulani and almajirai into the SW grin
Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by sageb: 1:07pm On May 24, 2020
Sammy07:

Stop smoking weed bro.

Ijaws are not indegines but settlers and migrants
tell that to your deputy governor hon. Agboola Ajayi who is an Ijaw man from Ese odo.

1 Like

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by Sammy07: 1:13pm On May 24, 2020
sageb:
tell that to your deputy governor hon. Agboola Ajayi who is an Ijaw man from Ese odo.

Ode.
You don't know my state more than myself.
Deputy Governor of Ondo state is Hon (Barr) Ajayi Agboola Alfred. He married an Ondo girl. He's from Kiribo in Ese Odo local government.

Western Apoi tribe of the Ijaw people live in Ondo State, Nigeria. The tribe (also called Ijaw Apoi or Apoi) consists of nine settlements: Igbobini, Ojuala, Ikpoke, Inikorogha, Oboro, Shabomi, Igbotu, Kiribo and Gbekebo. The Apoi inhabited higher ground than most of the other Ijaw tribes. They speak the Yoruba language as they no longer speak the Ijaw language . They are bordered to the north by the Ikale and to the west by the Ilaje. The clan also shares border with the Arogbo Ijaw to the south and the Furupagha Ijaw to the east across the Siloko River.

What's your next statement grin
I told you earlier that they have been Yorubanized.
Go and speak Ijaw to him if he'll understand grin
Cc: Sunshineg5

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by forgiveness: 1:37pm On May 24, 2020
hammerP:

Answer this question.

Are the people in Badagry lagos, yoruba?

Yes

1 Like

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by dukeprince50: 1:37pm On May 24, 2020
Sammy07:

Ode.
Deputy Governor of Ondo state is Hon (Barr) Ajayi Agboola Alfred. He married an Ondo girl. He's from Kiribo in Ese Odo local government.

Western Apoi tribe of the Ijaw people live in Ondo State, Nigeria. The tribe (also called Ijaw Apoi or Apoi) consists of nine settlements: Igbobini, Ojuala, Ikpoke, Inikorogha, Oboro, Shabomi, Igbotu, Kiribo and Gbekebo. The Apoi inhabited higher ground than most of the other Ijaw tribes. They speak the Yoruba language as they no longer speak the Ijaw language . They are bordered to the north by the Ikale and to the west by the Ilaje. The clan also shares border with the Arogbo Ijaw to the south and the Furupagha Ijaw to the east across the Siloko River.

the Ijaws do not have a particular language they all speak like Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa/fulani, a Kalabari man from Rivers state will find it difficult to understand a Bayelsan man, though the language is very similar but its better for two Ijaw men from different states to communicate in English

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by forgiveness: 1:37pm On May 24, 2020
Sunshineg5:
The people of Badagry are Eguns and their history of migration from Aja's kingdom in today's Togo is well documented

Aja people have a long history with Yorubas as typified by the Oyo Yoruba conquest of Aja's offspring Tribe of kingdom of Dahomey in 1700s and conquest of Ketu by Dahomey forces in 1800s with the help of the Portuguese.

Aja includes the Fon, Ewe and Egun people, they have nothing in common with Ijaws.

Fon is intermarrige between Aja and Yoruba

Ewe people trace their source to Ketu a Yoruba kingdom in today's Benin republic

The people of Badagry are Yorubas and Egun.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by forgiveness: 1:38pm On May 24, 2020
hammerP:

In short terms, they are not Yorubas.

Who in Lagos is actually Yoruba?

There are Yorubas and Eguns in Badagry.

1 Like

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by sammyj: 1:41pm On May 24, 2020
Kindly get the update via google. A good example is what transpired in Ondo state. But wait ooo is your undeveloped SE state not facing the same predicament grin tongue
DanseMacabre:

But what is Amotekun doing about the impending total Fulanisation and almajirisation of the SW, characterised by the mass movement of Fulani and almajirai into the SW grin

1 Like

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by Sammy07: 1:41pm On May 24, 2020
dukeprince50:
the Ijaws do not have a particular language they all speak like Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa/fulani, a Kalabari man from Rivers state will find it difficult to understand a Bayelsan man, though the language is very similar but its better for two Ijaw men from different states to communicate in English

Guy, all Ijaws towns in Ese Odo and Ilaje communities in Ondo state are surrounded by Yoruba towns.

Most of them have been Yorubanized, they don't understand Ijaws language again and they bear Yoruba names.
Case of Ondo state deputy governor.

Tho some still speak Ijaws but they're little.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by forgiveness: 1:42pm On May 24, 2020
hammerP:

Answer the question, who in Lagos is actually Yoruba?

Aworis and Ijebus.

1 Like

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by sageb: 1:42pm On May 24, 2020
Sammy07:

Ode.

hahaha, yet they have an Ijaw king. What language does the agadagba speak?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by dukeprince50: 1:47pm On May 24, 2020
Sammy07:

Guy, all Ijaws towns in Ese Odo and Ilaje communities in Ondo state are surrounded by Yoruba towns.

Most of them have been Yorubanized, they don't understand Ijaws language again and they bear Yoruba names.

Tho some still speak Ijaws but they're little.
I really don't know if there are Ijaws in Lagos or what language they understand, what I am saying is that you can't just speak ijaw to an ijaw person and expect him to understand, Kalabari speak different language from the Bayelsans, even within Rivers State, Bonny speak differently from Kalabari. There is no particular language the ijaw collectively understands except English, if you speak Ijaw to them and they couldn't understand doesn't mean they do not speak Ijaw.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by Sammy07: 1:51pm On May 24, 2020
sageb:
hahaha, yet they have an Ijaw king. What language does the agadagba speak?

Pls check what I wrote above.
I don't explain twice.
Sammy07:

Tho some still speak Ijaws but they're little .
Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by DanseMacabre(m): 1:51pm On May 24, 2020
sammyj:
Kindly get the update via google. A good example is what transpired in Ondo state. But wait ooo is your undeveloped SE state not facing the same predicament grin tongue

My brother it is ooo but nat as baaad as Yorubaland oooo. grin grin
Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by Sammy07: 1:52pm On May 24, 2020
dukeprince50:
I really don't know if there are Ijaws in Lagos or what language they understand, what I am saying is that you can't just speak ijaw to an ijaw person and expect him to understand, Kalabari speak different language from the Bayelsans, even within Rivers State, Bonny speak differently from Kalabari. There is no particular language the ijaw collectively understands except English, if you speak Ijaw to them and they couldn't understand doesn't mean they do not speak Ijaw.

Okay sir.
I grab, they don't have Central language like Yoruba or Igbo.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by sammyj: 1:52pm On May 24, 2020
grin grin so we are in it together and together we shall overcome them !!! grin
DanseMacabre:

My brother it is ooo but nat as baaad as Yorubaland oooo. grin grin

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by DanseMacabre(m): 1:57pm On May 24, 2020
sammyj:
grin grin so we are in it together and together we shall overcome them !!! grin

Amin my brother. Eid Mubarak and one looove. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Peter Obi's Son Acting - Example Of Failed Parental Influence / Old Picture Of Third Mainland Bridge / Ondo New Governor, Aiyedatiwa Changes Look, Removes Signature 'Aketi Beard'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.