Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,821 members, 7,828,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos (5861 Views)

Conoil Oil Threatening Our Peace, Security, Ondo Ijaw Community Cries Out / Soldiers Invade Ijaw Community,shoot Man Who Came Home Becos Covid-19 Dead(pics) / Sorry State Of Ikeja Bus Terminal Months After It Was Commissioned By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by Sunshineg5(m): 5:54pm On May 24, 2020
Afriifa:
I can't deduce exactly what Aye means in Ijaw per say, but I can tell you toro means water or coast, sea, but it has to do with water like other names like, Mein-toru, in delta l, Akoku toro, Asare Toru in rivers. next?
Ayetoro is a Yoruba word for life is better

Ayetoro is popular name of town and villages amongst Yorubas.

You don't even need to read another meaning to it grin

5 Likes

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by Fatimaade: 5:57pm On May 24, 2020
Sunshineg5:

You don't even to read another meaning to it grin

I’m already thinking how Yorubas can increase ownership of Bayelsa oil wells

1 Like

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by Fatimaade: 5:57pm On May 24, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Don't mind them

Ayetoro is the closest community to the river in Ondo.

What is Ayetoro in ijaw language

The aim is to rubble you up
Loool they know this things

lol

Stop explaining
Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by Sunshineg5(m): 6:01pm On May 24, 2020
Fatimaade:

I’m already thinking how Yorubas can increase ownership of Bayelsa oil wells
cheesy grin
Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by Afriifa(m): 6:09pm On May 24, 2020
Sunshineg5:

You don't even need to read another meaning to it grin

Well explained
Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by Sammy07: 6:12pm On May 24, 2020
If funny how some elements outside my state will be arguing my state with me grin

On the records Ayetoro is popularly called Ayetoro of holy apostles.
Very close to water.

They are mainly Christians.

I don't wanna be giving some information here about my stay in igbekebo grin

The guy arguing with me doesn't even know the prominent church in ese Odo plus Ilaje

He doesn't know if they're religious or not.

Yet he's arguing grin

Lokili oshi grin

1 Like

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by Tunde835(m): 6:21pm On May 24, 2020
Afriifa:
You are not Ilaje. if you're one, check here and edit your statement https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ondo_State
Go nd Click On D Ilaje Link In D Same Wikipedia Page Nd See D Details We Ar D Ones Dat Occupy D Coast

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by Afriifa(m): 6:31pm On May 24, 2020
Tunde835:
Go nd Click On D Ilaje Link In D Same Wikipedia Page Nd See D Details We Ar D Ones Dat Occupy D Coast
Okay Bro. let me check
Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by sammyj: 8:29pm On May 24, 2020
I’m a true born son of the soil. My ancestors are from Lagos and hope you are not one of the developers !! grin
Gandollar:
Is Lagos your state? Our Lagos!

2 Likes

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by 7lives: 9:27pm On May 24, 2020
Sunshineg5:
So which local government did they control in Lagos and Ogun coastal areas?

Atlantic mammy water local government. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by 7lives: 9:45pm On May 24, 2020
hammerP:

Answer the question, who in Lagos is actually Yoruba?

Every descendant of Oduduwa who lives in Lagos is a Yoruba.
Any other question you might want to ask?,
Mo wa nle fun e.
Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by 7lives: 9:59pm On May 24, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Epe is owned by Ijaws and Egun

Ibeju is owned by Ijaws and Eguns

Even Lekki peninsula is owned by ijaw and Egun

It just so happen that all this areas have Yoruba kings and not a single ijaw or Egun king

In addition, ijebu water side in Ogun state and Ilaje local government area in Ondo is being owned by Ijaws and Eguns cheesy

They just don't get it, the more they look the less they see, Ijaw ko, Mahin ni.
The way my grandpa take slaughtered Ijaws and Mahins for eyin osa at Epe, till tomorrow people still fear him in that Ibeju Lekki Epe axis.
Any Ijaw living on those waters at Ibaju Lekki are there for bussiness only.
I don't know about any other locations in Lagos, I only speak for Ibeju Lekki and Epe Lagos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by sageb: 10:00pm On May 24, 2020
Afriifa:
Wait oooh bro... you mean to say the man that sang that song is from Ondo state?
yes ooo an Ijaw man from ese odo in ondo state.

1 Like

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by 7lives: 10:04pm On May 24, 2020
hammerP:

Ahhh!

The Awori people are from Bini originally.

They own the main parts of Lagos.

Again, i ask you, who in Lagos is Yoruba? grin

Awori people are the children of Olofin Asaye.
Olofin is from Ife, he is a great grand child of Oduduwa.
Bini bawo?, rada rada.

2 Likes

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by 9jakool: 10:05pm On May 24, 2020
Sammy07:

Afriifa, here's an Ilaje man.
He'll tell you the pure truth grin

Tunde835, Pls, as an Ilaje man.
What do you think of the Ijaws living in Ondo.
Are some of them Yorubanized or not grin
Don't mind Afriifa. There is plenty of Ijawnization ongoing right now in the Niger Delta. So obvious Edoid speaking people of Epie and Atissa as well as Cross river speaking Obolo people can be Ijawnized but Western Apois in Ondo cannot be Yorubanized? Sowore is an Apoi man from Kiribo in Ese Ondo and he is a Yoruba citizen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by sageb: 10:06pm On May 24, 2020
@7lives The way my grandpa take slaughtered Ijaws and Mahins for eyin osa at Epe, till tomorrow people still fear him in that Ibeju Lekki Epe axis.
[/quote] elucidate on the above

2 Likes

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by 7lives: 10:06pm On May 24, 2020
Sunshineg5:
You see your problem cheesy

Awori came straight from Ife and founded towns in Ogun state like Sango Ota as well

There are three Yoruba groups in Lagos together with the Eguns

Ijebu: Epe, ibeju and Ikorodu

ilajes : Majority of the areas around the water bodies

Awori: Majority of Island and Mainland including parts of Badagry

Egun: Badagry

You better stop listening to Radio Biafra, it is damaging your ability to think cheesy

Thank you very much, these people are really funny.

1 Like

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by 7lives: 10:24pm On May 24, 2020
Afriifa:
despite your rumblings and forcely classifying them as yorubas, the undeniable facts still remains that they are Ijaw and that can never change even with your yorubanized mission. about names and dressing, oga don't deceive yourself. if you're closer to the Ijaws, you would know that Ijaws are not tribalistic with name-given. even in Nigeria, we are the only tribe with most foreign names. They can give any name that pleases them, it has nothing to do with being converted or that. in Rivers, we have Ijaws bearing Igboic names. that does not mean dey av been igbonized. see there is one prominent man called Barister Ajuwa in Ondo state, He's seemingly bearing a Yoruba name, but he speaks Ijaw eloquently than most ijaws in Delta state. Karinto is an Ijaw High life Musician from Ondo state, I have heard so many of his songs, and I can tell you, nothing is missing as Ijaw in them. oh as for the names, I forgot, even my Surname 'Afrifa' is not an Ijaw name but a Ghanaian name. I'm bearing it in all my documents. does that make me a ghanian? about the dressings, ask Tacha who is Ijaw but dresses like Ibo. ooh too far, ask Aunty Bisola who bears Yoruba name but Ijaw.

Cut the long story short, the Ijaws of Ondo state are migrants, they can as well relocate to Bayelsa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by 7lives: 10:30pm On May 24, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Don't mind them

Ayetoro is the closest community to the river in Ondo.

What is Ayetoro in ijaw language

Chai grin
Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by llakes4real: 10:32pm On May 24, 2020
7lives:

Awori people are the children of Olofin Asaye.
Olofin is from Ife, he is a great grand child of Oduduwa.
Bini bawo?, rada rada.

He is an Igbo guy, including the OP, so explaining to them is a waste of time.

1 Like

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by 7lives: 10:34pm On May 24, 2020
Afriifa:
I can't deduce exactly what Aye means in Ijaw per say, but I can tell you toro means water or coast, sea, but it has to do with water like other names like, Mein-toru, in delta l, Akoku toro, Asare Toru in rivers. next?

Aye Toro, is a Yoruba language.
It means the world is peaceful, or peaceful world.
Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by RuggedSniper: 10:38pm On May 24, 2020
Sunshineg5:
This is not true bruv

The water areas of Lagos to Warri is inhabited by Ilaje and Ijebu clans

Hence, even in the history of Ishekiris they mentioned that they were originally ijebu and Ilaje communities who were rulled by a Bini prince.
Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by 7lives: 11:05pm On May 24, 2020
sageb:
@7lives The way my grandpa take slaughtered Ijaws and Mahins for eyin osa at Epe, till tomorrow people still fear him in that Ibeju Lekki Epe axis.
elucidate on the above

Its true o, the Ijaws and Mahins we're coming to raid Epe water side and Epe Lagos in those days.
Sacking villages in the area, killing and capturing people as slaves, until they met their Waterloo in Balogun Agoro Iposun, who incidentally was also the Balogun to King Kosoko of Lagos.
He was with King Kosoko in Lagos, before the British colonialists forcefully exiled Kosoko to Epe.
Balogun Agoro met Epe people in pains having just lost a battle to these Marauders.
So he set up his own watch everywhere on the waters in Epe.
I don't want to sound mean, there is a place called ITEBU at eyin osa in Ibeju Lekki, this is where most of these Invaders were drowned.
The few that survived fled an never come back, some of the mountains and walls of sands used as defense shields, are still in his personal village in Epe, his presence became a reality check for the Invaders, so all of them keep off.
His relics of wars are in his palace at Oke Iposun in Epe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by RuggedSniper: 12:15am On May 25, 2020
Sammy07:

Ode.
You don't know my state more than myself.
Deputy Governor of Ondo state is Hon (Barr) Ajayi Agboola Alfred. He married an Ondo girl. He's from Kiribo in Ese Odo local government.

Western Apoi tribe of the Ijaw people live in Ondo State, Nigeria. The tribe (also called Ijaw Apoi or Apoi) consists of nine settlements: Igbobini, Ojuala, Ikpoke, Inikorogha, Oboro, Shabomi, Igbotu, Kiribo and Gbekebo. The Apoi inhabited higher ground than most of the other Ijaw tribes. They speak the Yoruba language as they no longer speak the Ijaw language . They are bordered to the north by the Ikale and to the west by the Ilaje. The clan also shares border with the Arogbo Ijaw to the south and the Furupagha Ijaw to the east across the Siloko River.

What's your next statement grin
I told you earlier that they have been Yorubanized.
Go and speak Ijaw to him if he'll understand grin
Cc: Sunshineg5
Omoyele Sowore is also from Kiribo who are APOI. Oral history says the Apoi ancestors are originally from Ile Ife and settled in the Eastern Apoi after losing their way. So the Apoi of Ese Odo are returnee Ife descendants. Wikipedia.

1 Like

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by Yujin(m): 6:31am On May 25, 2020
I've learnt a lot from this thread.
Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by Tunde835(m): 7:08am On May 25, 2020
Sammy07:

Afriifa, here's an Ilaje man.
He'll tell you the pure truth grin

Tunde835, Pls, as an Ilaje man.
What do you think of the Ijaws living in Ondo.
Are some of them Yorubanized or not grin
They Ar All Migrants Ondo is Not Part Of Their Land

1 Like

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by Sammy07: 7:32am On May 25, 2020
Tunde835:
They Ar All Migrants Ondo is Not Part Of Their Land

Thank You!
RuggedSniper:
Omoyele Sowore is also from Kiribo who are APOI. Oral history says the Apoi ancestors are originally from Ile Ife and settled in the Eastern Apoi after losing their way. So the Apoi of Ese Odo are returnee Ife descendants. Wikipedia.

I'm not sure of their history though,
But Omoyele Sowore is from Apoi and has been Yorubanized.

1 Like

Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:43am On May 25, 2020
hammerP:

Answer the question, who in Lagos is actually Yoruba?

Learnt from FFK of recent that yoruba is an import name undecided
Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by hammerP: 12:30pm On May 25, 2020
Amarabae:

I doubt those people are ijaws!
which of the ijoid languages do they speak

Did u know he banned me and then quoted me so I cannot reply and expose his lies with fact.

I am just returning today to this thread.

U can imagine how feverish he must have been to ban me over that little conversation about the real owners of Lagos.

This people have given their souls to lies.
Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by RuggedSniper: 6:34pm On May 28, 2020
EzeAro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfW7499XWXk
The Ijaws in the video did NOT claim to be Lagos indigenes... but from mainly Bayelsa, Delta, Edo.
Re: Video: Sorry State Of The A Ijaw Community In Lagos by huptin(m): 7:02pm On May 28, 2020
hammerP:

Answer this question.

Are the people in Badagry lagos, yoruba?

I am from Badagry, we are Ogus(Yorubas call us Eguns) we migrated from Ife to Ketu (Oduduwas son became the first Alaketu of Ketu) we are directly from the lineage of Oduduwa and Yes we are a very close relation of the Yorubas, infact we see ourselves as Yoruba we actually speak Yoruba as our first or second Language depending on the part of Badagry we come from.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Picture Of Tinubu VP Shetimma Dining With Bokoharam / Remo Traditional Council Endorses Dapo Abiodun's Second Term / Meet No 1 Council Chairman In Enugu,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.