Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,217 members, 7,836,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Scientific Reasons Why It Is Difficult To Catch H.I.V - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Scientific Reasons Why It Is Difficult To Catch H.I.V (2196 Views)

Why I Can Never Catch H.i.V / Why Are There So Many People With H.i.v In South Africa / It Is Difficult For Me To Get A Wife, Advice Please. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scientific Reasons Why It Is Difficult To Catch H.I.V by SultanOfAbia: 1:35pm On May 25, 2020
The average person thinks that if you have unprotected sex with an HIV-positive person a single time, you will get HIV for sure. The truth is that it’s not nearly that easy to get HIV

The overestimates of risks on HIV shows that education and awareness on H.I.V is working.
The Fear mongering is used to make people fear unprotected sex. And it is working..
But in reality it's not so easy to catch H.IV

This classic risk compensation model WHICH AIMS at causing fear mongering about H.I.V is done inorder to reduce the rate of unprotected sex. At the end it works very well.. Everyone is scared of H.I.V because they think it is easily transferable.
Which in reality it is not

If H.I.V Was higly transmittable then it would have a pandemic with everyone dieing up and down just like Coronavirus
HIV isn't passed on easily from one person to another. The virus doesn't spread through the air like cold and flu viruses

The Risk of contracting H.i.V from unprotected Vaginal sex is 0.08%
This means that 1 transmission per 1,250 times you have sex with the infected partner.
This explain cases where a husband test positive and wife test negative even after years of exposure to her husband before testing

CONCLUSION
The More Exposures, the Greater the Risk
Although the risk of HIV transmission from a single exposure may seem low to some people, this risk increases over multiple exposures. In other words, a person who is exposed to HIV more often has a greater overall risk of HIV transmission than someone who is exposed less often.

4 Likes

Re: Scientific Reasons Why It Is Difficult To Catch H.I.V by Vyzz: 1:39pm On May 25, 2020
grin
Re: Scientific Reasons Why It Is Difficult To Catch H.I.V by Enoch07: 1:40pm On May 25, 2020
research from the pit of hell. but personally I'm happy to have read this

3 Likes

Re: Scientific Reasons Why It Is Difficult To Catch H.I.V by SultanOfAbia: 1:46pm On May 25, 2020
Enoch07:
research from the pit of hell. but personally I'm happy to have read this

Re: Scientific Reasons Why It Is Difficult To Catch H.I.V by ChybuzzDD(m): 1:48pm On May 25, 2020
SultanOfAbia:
The average person thinks that if you have unprotected sex with an HIV-positive person a single time, you will get HIV for sure. The truth is that it’s not nearly that easy to get HIV

The overestimates of risks on HIV shows that education and awareness on H.I.V is working.
The Fear mongering is used to make people fear unprotected sex. And it is working..

This classic risk compensation model WHICH AIMS at causing fear mongering about H.I.V is done inorder to reduce the rate of unprotected sex. At the end it works very well.. Everyone is scared of H.I.V because they think it is easily transferable.

If H.I.V Was higly transmittable then it would have a pandemic with everyone dieing up and down just like Coronavirus
HIV isn't passed on easily from one person to another. The virus doesn't spread through the air like cold and flu viruses

This means that 1 transmission per 1,250 times you have sex with the infected partner.
This explain cases where a husband test positive and wife test negative even after years of exposure to her husband before testing

CONCLUSION
Although the risk of HIV transmission from a single exposure may seem low to some people, this risk increases over multiple exposures. In other words, a person who is exposed to HIV more often has a greater overall risk of HIV transmission than someone who is exposed less often.
I like the way you supported your points with quality, verifiable research works, unlike those Herbalists who come on here to market their unproven, poisonous herbs.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientific Reasons Why It Is Difficult To Catch H.I.V by AFULA(m): 1:48pm On May 25, 2020
SultanOfAbia:

CONCLUSION

you are fooling yourself
Re: Scientific Reasons Why It Is Difficult To Catch H.I.V by ifeajikap(m): 1:49pm On May 25, 2020
That's not what they taught us in school
Re: Scientific Reasons Why It Is Difficult To Catch H.I.V by SultanOfAbia: 1:54pm On May 25, 2020
AFULA:

you are fooling yourself
Don't be ignorant
Google is your friend, do some research

1 Like

Re: Scientific Reasons Why It Is Difficult To Catch H.I.V by budaatum: 2:10pm On May 25, 2020
Sounds like the sort of "drink bleach" thing Trump would say or a person with Aids to a person they wish to infect.

Use a condom, people, or keep your thingy in your pants. The fact HiV isn't immediately diagnosed does not mean you haven't caught it!

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/hiv-and-aids/causes/

3 Likes

Re: Scientific Reasons Why It Is Difficult To Catch H.I.V by budaatum: 2:11pm On May 25, 2020
SultanOfAbia:

Don't be ignorant
Google is your friend, do some research
You don't be ignorant. If you had research for your claim you'd have posted it!
Re: Scientific Reasons Why It Is Difficult To Catch H.I.V by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 25, 2020
SultanOfAbia:

CONCLUSION

You have said it all... Am a witness and it's amazing how it happens. For men it as low as that in contracting it even when sleeping with a HIV partner.
But for a woman it is almost 99% because the sperm is been released and stays in the woman.

7 Likes

Re: Scientific Reasons Why It Is Difficult To Catch H.I.V by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 25, 2020
AFULA:

you are fooling yourself
Do well to read his write-up before your conclusion. It's true and are of facts.
Re: Scientific Reasons Why It Is Difficult To Catch H.I.V by SultanOfAbia: 5:13pm On May 25, 2020
stinflame:

Do well to read his write-up before your conclusion. It's true and are of facts.
some people are too lazy
Something they can Google and see for themselves..smh

1 Like

Re: Scientific Reasons Why It Is Difficult To Catch H.I.V by SultanOfAbia: 7:41pm On May 25, 2020
Bumo
Re: Scientific Reasons Why It Is Difficult To Catch H.I.V by AFvckingAlpha(m): 9:18pm On May 25, 2020
OP continue having your unprotected sex but don't force your excesses on innocent folks. It's probability and there is still a chance you'd get the virus from an infected person when your unprotected. Apart from HIV, there are other STD's you seem to be forgetting.

Your masquerade is heading to the Express way. Na wetin small pikin like dey kill am. I won't say more than this. Let us try as much as possible to avoid creating threads that would touch the heart.
Re: Scientific Reasons Why It Is Difficult To Catch H.I.V by ghettochild(m): 4:04am On May 26, 2020
The OP is right... Believe it or not...

2 Likes

Re: Scientific Reasons Why It Is Difficult To Catch H.I.V by SultanOfAbia: 8:05am On May 27, 2020
ghettochild:
The OP is right... Believe it or not...
Tell them

(1) (Reply)

Parents Raising Kids To Take Care Of Them At Old Age Is A Bad Idea ! / Since I Cant Kill Myself, I Always Ruin Myself / I’m Confused In My Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.