Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,087 members, 7,835,658 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Abuja: The Scottish View. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja: The Scottish View. (2310 Views)

President Jonathan Accused Of Owning A $500m Farm In Abuja - The Nation / Abuja - The City Beautiful (Pictures) / Why Is Abuja The Capital Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja: The Scottish View. by denex: 8:02pm On Jun 13, 2007
We no want games O! We dash Glasgow. In fact I believe the Nigerian Government should even pay Glasgow to hold the games.
We refuse to bear the burden and liability of the British empire by hosting the commonwealth games.
In fact I renounce my membership as part of the commonwealth of the British empire.

God punish queen elizabeth.
Re: Abuja: The Scottish View. by debosky(m): 8:16pm On Jun 13, 2007
I'll make two comments

1. the desperation of the scottish to win led them to publish a hateful and biased story to rubbish Abuja's ambitions to host, the slums outside major cities in developing countries is nothing new, even outside Beijing which is hosting the next Olympics, so that is no point. Besides, sporting events are supposed to increase and benefit the local economy, generating employment and other knock on effects. Thus the fact that there is poverty close to Abuja further bolsters its claim to host the event. the scots are such sore losers.

2. We should not seek to host this event, it will be another big drainpipe and contract fiesta for the looters in and around government, we have far more serious issues to deal with. granted that it would make Nigeria the focus of attention, the resources required for such an event would be better spent at bringing people out of poverty.

3. If we could host the CHOGM meeting, AAG, and other large events in Abj (fast becoming the conference center of choice in Africa) then the NEPA and other such issues being listed against are not valid as, it is the best planned and best able city to host any international event in Nigeria.

that said, I reiterate: we cannot afford to be distracted by another sporting junket all in the aim of hosting, we need our energies devoted to development of the nation. Although the event itself is not for another 7 years, during which we could have relatively cleaned up our act, I still don't support it now
Re: Abuja: The Scottish View. by azorjiu(m): 9:26pm On Jun 13, 2007
MILITIA:

@Azorjiu
They are asking you for pictures of "Abuja" you are showing us Scottish pride? cheesy Please my naija brodas and sistas make una show us picture of "Abuja" Metropolis oh! Do not forget to include those "Bwari" kwashiorkor pot bellied people oh! LOL cheesy

Do you think i have the time to shows pictures of abuja on this site?
Go check that out yourself. Abuja is qualified to host the game.
Do you doubt abuja has the facilities to host the game or what?

What we lack is the power to package and sell ourselves.
Our second-hand mentality doesn't allow us to see anything good in ourselves.
We look  ourselves through a pair of paleolithic-fashioned spectacles.
We are a people without pride.
Re: Abuja: The Scottish View. by MILITIA(f): 12:50am On Jun 14, 2007
@JustGood!

Na you sabi! Nice to meet you by the way! kiss Wetin concern me with Glasgow? shocked Show me pictures of Abuja and you are talking about Glasgow! Ye Ye! embarassed
Re: Abuja: The Scottish View. by MILITIA(f): 12:54am On Jun 14, 2007
@azorjiu

I dey clap for you! grin Good talk!

On a more serious note,--------------- "Pride" in what?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fear Of Juju Keeps Chime Away From Enugu Government House. / The New Naira Denomination / Nass Election Prediction: Acn Controlled Nass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.