Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,168 members, 7,811,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

Marca Claims Messi Could Be Facing A Losing Battle Against Ronaldo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Marca Claims Messi Could Be Facing A Losing Battle Against Ronaldo (43080 Views)

MARCA: The Circus Around Cristiano Ronaldo In England Is Embarrassing! / Cristiano Ronaldo Receives MARCA Legend Award In Spain (Photos) / After Mayorga, Two More Women To Step Up With Allegations Against Ronaldo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marca Claims Messi Could Be Facing A Losing Battle Against Ronaldo by obembet(f): 8:31am On May 26, 2020
Lionel Messi will turn 33 on June 24

It's at that age when many footballers begin to make plans to retire, but that doesn't seem the case for the Argentine.

Although he hasn't confirmed whether he'll stay at Barcelona long term, he has indicated that his career isn't coming to an end just yet.

There are doubts over how long Messi will want to keep playing for a club like Barcelona, where the demands are at their highest all the time.

Over in Italy, Cristiano Ronaldo has proved his longevity at the top.

The Portuguese international will be 37 by the time his contract at Juventus expires in June 2022 and, given his commitment to keeping in peak condition, you'd imagine that he could play for a while longer after that.

It's unknown how long Messi will want to or even be able to carry on playing at the highest level, although his performances in recent seasons suggest that it could be a while yet.

Instead of staying at one of the top clubs in Europe, the Argentine could decide to wind down in a league like MLS, where his body wouldn't have as much strain.

In any case, every football fan will be hoping he can continue playing like he is currently until he reaches the ages of 36 or 37.

Source: https://amp.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2020/05/25/5ecc3b8b268e3eee348b45dc.html

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Marca Claims Messi Could Be Facing A Losing Battle Against Ronaldo by MJBOLT: 9:41am On May 26, 2020
Battle that ronaldo lost after Messi won his 6th B'dor award,european media will say anything to console themselves

220 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Marca Claims Messi Could Be Facing A Losing Battle Against Ronaldo by Davidzy23(m): 9:54am On May 26, 2020
Na them sabi.... Losing which battle? The battle he had already won.... Long live the GOAT..

140 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Marca Claims Messi Could Be Facing A Losing Battle Against Ronaldo by mysidechick(f): 10:53am On May 26, 2020
I see no reasonable point in this article. Allow this guyz to live their legendary life in peace.

171 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Marca Claims Messi Could Be Facing A Losing Battle Against Ronaldo by lekjons(m): 10:53am On May 26, 2020
mysidechick:
I see no reasonable point in this article. Allow this guyz to live their legendary life in peace.
I swear.
The whole thing is contradicting.

Feels like they just wanted to give us something to talk about.

Even if he retires today, he's still the best there ever was

G.O.A.T
[img]https://images./1s5oNaBF0AN0nbxz8obS9q.gif[/img]

107 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Marca Claims Messi Could Be Facing A Losing Battle Against Ronaldo by Nobody: 10:53am On May 26, 2020
"Sportsman of the year."
The only footballer who ever existed to get that title and the first ever to get it.

Like I used to say, it takes some amount of wackness to say Tap-in-aldo is better than Messi. Your taste must be quite mediocre.
That's why Divenaldo has a lot of local wack-base fans on Nairaland and other inconsequential places while intelligent people, professionals, great footballers, retired football legends, managers, football analysts and other great minds out there are the Messi fans.

Another footballer might exist to beat Messi someday but as at now, Messi is the Icon of football/soccer and it's a big insult comparing one Penaldo to him.

Ronaldo no doubt is one of the greatest scorer ever, but Messi is the overall greatest of all times.

112 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Marca Claims Messi Could Be Facing A Losing Battle Against Ronaldo by DontBullshitMe: 10:53am On May 26, 2020
Wait. WTF did I just read.

Honest to God, there is nothing in the body of the article that corroborates the headline.

Filing a rebuttal to the headline is easy : Messi is younger than Ronaldo and has achieved more.

The headline of the article is misplaced and embarrassing.

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marca Claims Messi Could Be Facing A Losing Battle Against Ronaldo by Factfinder1(m): 10:53am On May 26, 2020
I'm not interested in any celebrity's matter me self wan be somebody some day make nairaland boys dey fight over my matter while I steady be cashing out

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marca Claims Messi Could Be Facing A Losing Battle Against Ronaldo by Ubykcee(m): 10:54am On May 26, 2020
Okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marca Claims Messi Could Be Facing A Losing Battle Against Ronaldo by Akube1z: 10:54am On May 26, 2020
Damnnn niggarrr.

Messi over overrated dumb fucck penaldo.

Messi over Ronaldo twice on a Tuesday morning.

#Slawomir

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Marca Claims Messi Could Be Facing A Losing Battle Against Ronaldo by INTEGRITYA1(m): 10:54am On May 26, 2020
Up Messi

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marca Claims Messi Could Be Facing A Losing Battle Against Ronaldo by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:54am On May 26, 2020
MESSI IS TRULY THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME.

Ronaldo fans, listen and listen good......

Messi was created and born to play football,
the others came to this world to learn the game, and they mastered it....rightly so anyways.

This is the ONLY difference between Messi and the rest that many people do not understand!

MESSI is the G.O.A.T.
END OF DISCUSSION!

As the Yorubas will say "Abinibi yato si Ability!"

Argue with your TV screen! cheesy wink grin

59 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Marca Claims Messi Could Be Facing A Losing Battle Against Ronaldo by ProfAmaben(m): 10:54am On May 26, 2020
If they retire today, they have achieved what no footballer (s) have ever achieved. They are living legends.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marca Claims Messi Could Be Facing A Losing Battle Against Ronaldo by Bossontop(m): 10:54am On May 26, 2020
Gather here if you've always known Ronaldo is better than messi

[img]https://media1./images/e2f6fde5cca2b36ab2702cdff466cddc/tenor.gif?itemid=14793568[/img]

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marca Claims Messi Could Be Facing A Losing Battle Against Ronaldo by Sammy07: 10:54am On May 26, 2020
But we still have some players that played up to 40 years of age
And some keepers that keep up to 40yrs of age

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marca Claims Messi Could Be Facing A Losing Battle Against Ronaldo by richard870(m): 10:54am On May 26, 2020
grin

1 Like

Re: Marca Claims Messi Could Be Facing A Losing Battle Against Ronaldo by Nobody: 10:55am On May 26, 2020
Lose ke
Is messi a failure?
With 6 balon d or

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marca Claims Messi Could Be Facing A Losing Battle Against Ronaldo by stonemind(f): 10:55am On May 26, 2020
G

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marca Claims Messi Could Be Facing A Losing Battle Against Ronaldo by fishjam: 10:55am On May 26, 2020
Like for Messi Share for Ronaldo

Do you want to discover your entrepreneurial purpose in life? Do you want to learn a new skill but can't afford to pay premium for training.. Do you struggle with Data for downloading plenty gigabytes of free lessons, I sell hundreds of Easy-to-follow Pre-downloaded Video courses on various in-demand skills such as Data Science, Graphic Design, Copywriting, 3D modeling and animation, Cinematography, Machine learning, Video Editing, Guitar Mastery, Piano Mastery, CyberSecurity, Ethical Hacking, Programming, Software testing, Mobile App dev't, Building IOT devices, Personal Development Courses, Wordpress Mastery, Making money online, Whatsapp Automation, How to Build Restaurant Management Systems, Creative Writing, e.t.c For full list of courses and pricing, kindly contact on Whatsapp >>> +234-8064943297...

22 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Marca Claims Messi Could Be Facing A Losing Battle Against Ronaldo by Fragility6: 10:55am On May 26, 2020
Ronaldo don comot from Spain but Marca still dey use am compare messi. God elevate us like dix na.No b me sin pass

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marca Claims Messi Could Be Facing A Losing Battle Against Ronaldo by walket(m): 10:55am On May 26, 2020
Like for Messi, share for Ronaldo.

39 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Marca Claims Messi Could Be Facing A Losing Battle Against Ronaldo by Reussite: 10:55am On May 26, 2020
In what sense? undecided
Ok I'm a die hard CR7 fan but I don't see the sense of this post cos Messi is still very much fit & could go on till 38.
Can we stop the comparison of both & just enjoy the beauty of these two GOATs?

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marca Claims Messi Could Be Facing A Losing Battle Against Ronaldo by Luckysbab: 10:55am On May 26, 2020
All these Messi fans no different from supporters club for PS game center grin

People wey sabi no go dey rubbish this article. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Marca Claims Messi Could Be Facing A Losing Battle Against Ronaldo by airminem(f): 10:55am On May 26, 2020
Messi number one

3 Likes

Re: Marca Claims Messi Could Be Facing A Losing Battle Against Ronaldo by divinehand2003(m): 10:55am On May 26, 2020
There we go again with the rivalry between the duo.

1 Like

Re: Marca Claims Messi Could Be Facing A Losing Battle Against Ronaldo by oluwatomisin93(m): 10:56am On May 26, 2020
Misleading headline.
Re: Marca Claims Messi Could Be Facing A Losing Battle Against Ronaldo by Philinho(m): 10:56am On May 26, 2020
Messi should change club all I Care
Re: Marca Claims Messi Could Be Facing A Losing Battle Against Ronaldo by Kuginzi: 10:56am On May 26, 2020
Like for Messi! Share for Ronaldo

46 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Marca Claims Messi Could Be Facing A Losing Battle Against Ronaldo by GboyegaD(m): 10:56am On May 26, 2020
Enough of all these talk na. Both of them are very good and unique in their ways.

1 Like

Re: Marca Claims Messi Could Be Facing A Losing Battle Against Ronaldo by klismann12: 10:56am On May 26, 2020
Media war about to start

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Italian Players Celebrate EURO 2020 Final Win In Dressing Room (Photos) / Neymar Dresses As Joker For Halloween (Photos) / Egyptian Judoka Loses To Israeli, Refuses To Shake Hands (photo/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.