Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,763 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Fashola Please Fix Allen Avenue - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Please Fix Allen Avenue (3743 Views)

Fashola, Tinubu And Oba Akiolu Observe Eid Prayer (Photo) / Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think / Tree Falls Across Thompson Avenue, Ikoyi-lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Please Fix Allen Avenue by DeeJay20: 1:17pm On Jan 20, 2011
o.k yep that payment in Orlando florida lookss good.
Although want can i really say its Orlando right!!! Every thing there
is mostly "shine and Bling"

so who's the comissioner in charge of road works in Lagos state.
At least they could make the capital of lagos state which is
Ikeja more presentable,
Re: Fashola Please Fix Allen Avenue by Hodaya(m): 2:05pm On Jan 20, 2011
One step at a time, the roads might be rough but we now have less pot-holes on Lagos roads. The development is a gradual process and government is aware of that, we all also need to be patient with them. Plus the guys in-charge of road repair in Lagos are really doing well this days,
Re: Fashola Please Fix Allen Avenue by Gekko(m): 3:01pm On Jan 20, 2011
Great post Rossike. wink Lagos state really do need to step up their game if they truly want to make it a world class city fit for work and play. The wheel really doesn't need to be reinvented here, we can borrow from cities like Miami, LA, and co.

Re: Fashola Please Fix Allen Avenue by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 20, 2011
Gekko, u wan kill persin here.  grin But truly, looking at this stuff you posted, some of these things don't even cost so much money. How much does it cost to pave an area and add a lawn, trees, benches, and some lights?  Next to nothing!
Re: Fashola Please Fix Allen Avenue by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 20, 2011
cool
Re: Fashola Please Fix Allen Avenue by blacksta(m): 4:45pm On Jan 20, 2011
ROSSIKE:

Gekko, u wan kill persin here.  grin But truly, looking at this stuff you posted, some of these things don't even cost so much money. How much does it cost to pave an area and add a lawn, trees, benches, and some lights?  Next to nothing!

oya now - pay for it

Nigerian are not ready for this kind of development - After the initial clear up at Oshodi - I am sure it is sliding back to it former deplorable state.

Anyway fashola has other important issues to worry about

Election is round the corner.
Re: Fashola Please Fix Allen Avenue by Gekko(m): 4:58pm On Jan 20, 2011
ROSSIKE:

Truly its not, we just lack attention to detail. We need to start paying attention to design like we give a damn.
Re: Fashola Please Fix Allen Avenue by Nobody: 12:06am On Feb 10, 2011
Have they started fixing the road yet?
Re: Fashola Please Fix Allen Avenue by Rossikk(m): 3:34am On Jul 27, 2013
Guess not!
Re: Fashola Please Fix Allen Avenue by Nobody: 3:49am On Jul 27, 2013
Rossikk: Guess not!

I agree with this post but Fashola has to step on toes in order to get Allen Avenue fixed. There is also going to be disruption of business if he embarks on project of that magnitude at this moment.
Re: Fashola Please Fix Allen Avenue by Rossikk(m): 4:01am On Jul 27, 2013
sincerenigerian:

I agree with this post but Fashola has to step on toes in order to get Allen Avenue fixed. There is also going to be distruption of business if he embarks on project of that magnitude at this moment.

If all stakeholders took the long term view, they would immediately see the temporary disruption as a BLESSING, once they consider the greater amount of custom they would attract with the upgraded infrastructure.
Re: Fashola Please Fix Allen Avenue by Nobody: 4:17am On Jul 27, 2013
ROSSIKE: I don't know if anyone here has visited International Drive in Orlando, Florida.

Allen Avenue has all it takes to be our International Drive, if only we can see its worth and create a befitting infrastructure for it.

International Drive Orlando

Eh, forget Lagos....

Lets go build this International Drive in Aba or Onitsha or dont you think the people out there deserve something world class too?
Re: Fashola Please Fix Allen Avenue by Rossikk(m): 12:37pm On Jul 27, 2013
kingoflag:

Eh, forget Lagos....

Lets go build this International Drive in Aba or Onitsha or dont you think the people out there deserve something world class too?

Why not? All it takes is a bit of vision by one state govt, which decides it must make the state THE tourism hub of Africa. I-Drive is a 14 mile long street geared to leisure, and filled with 100+ hotels, 150+ restaurants, several amusement parks, shops, boutiques, waterparks, malls, and its own dedicated bus service.

All a city needs to do is build a long, wide street of that standard, and create all sorts of incentives for the private sector to establish their outlets on it. I once spent an entire 2 week vacation on I-Drive. On just that one street. I never went anywhere else in Orlando. You find everything you could possibly want on that street. It's incredible. I'm sure that street generates nothing less than $20 billion every month.

http://www.internationaldriveorlando.com/
Re: Fashola Please Fix Allen Avenue by Abagworo(m): 3:27pm On Jul 27, 2013
And they've been criticizing Rochas government in Imo State for embarking on drainage covering. They claim it is useless but cannot notice that it is an eyesore to a sane mind when the drainages are open.
Re: Fashola Please Fix Allen Avenue by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 27, 2013
my problem with fashola , he ignores little things
Re: Fashola Please Fix Allen Avenue by Nobody: 3:19am On Dec 28, 2013
scipher: my problem with fashola , he ignores little things

So it seems...
Re: Fashola Please Fix Allen Avenue by bloggernaija: 6:33am On Dec 28, 2013
ROSSIKE: I don't know if anyone here has visited International Drive in Orlando, Florida.

Allen Avenue has all it takes to be our International Drive, if only we can see its worth and create a befitting infrastructure for it.

Can somebody please tell me what is so hard about replicating this on Allen Avenue?

Is it the concrete for the pavement that is too expensive for us, or is it the grass adjoining it that is beyond our capability? I mean...... we yab sha.

Money
You do not pluck it from trees

Electricity or lack of
Makes everything more expensive.
Re: Fashola Please Fix Allen Avenue by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
bloggernaija:

Money
You do not pluck it from trees

Electricity or lack of
Makes everything more expensive.

Hang on a sec.. you mean you have the electricity to build the road but not the electricity to build the sidewalk? Are you saying that motorists are more important than pedestrians? Are pedestrians not Nigerians too? You think pedestrians are supposed to walk on sand and mud in this day and age? You need to travel outside this country and see the way people are supposed to live. If Jamaica (main exports: Bob Marley, rastafarianism, and pineapples) can have her streets built with pavements and underground drainage as a matter of course - even in rural areas - surely we can have it done on Allen.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Please Fix Allen Avenue by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 19, 2014

Can somebody please tell me what is so hard about replicating this on Allen Avenue?

Is it the concrete for the pavement that is too expensive for us, or is it the grass adjoining it that is beyond our capability? I mean...... we yab sha.

I agree with everything you've written and I understand that its because you simply want the best for the country.

But this picture ehn, if they should build something like this in Lagos, people will simply turn it into another lane
drive on.
Re: Fashola Please Fix Allen Avenue by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 19, 2014
Lol. This thread is so old shocked
Re: Fashola Please Fix Allen Avenue by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 19, 2014
django1:

I agree with everything you've written and I understand that its because you simply want the best for the country.

But this picture ehn, if they should build something like this in Lagos, people will simply turn it into another lane
drive on.

The state could turn that into another tax-earning opportunity - by seizing such vehicles until a hefty fine is paid.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Air Chief Advises Officers On Rules Of Engagement / INEC, Jonathan Conniving To Rig 2015 Elections, Says Bola Tinubu / See What Happened At Buhari's Campaign In Jos???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.