Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,477 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

American Woman Married To Nigerian Man: Help! - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / American Woman Married To Nigerian Man: Help! (8857 Views)

Cross Cultural Marriage:interesting Tweets From White Lady Married To A Nigerian / When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) / An Ibo Woman Married To A Yoruba Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Woman Married To Nigerian Man: Help! by drkchoclit(f): 4:14am On Jun 24, 2007
segoye2:

And if you need us to do a mass plea to his email address, I segoye2 can raise around 1200 persons to email him, to forgive you. We are ready to help you all through.

Long live Nigeria.

@segoye

LOL!!! This is why I love this board!

@Luish

I'm AA too, I hope yo do work it out.

@, a previous poster

You say Nigerian men don't make babies all over the place. Good. But most AA men don't either. I didn't know if you were implying this but I wanted to put it out there.
Re: American Woman Married To Nigerian Man: Help! by MP007(m): 4:58am On Jun 24, 2007
Luish:

Believe me I am not changing who I am. He chose me for a reason. The things I am changing are things I should be changing anyway. It's all good!

u got issues

what do u reallly need help for ?? , u basically not making sense
Re: American Woman Married To Nigerian Man: Help! by omogenaija(f): 5:01am On Jun 24, 2007
@ poster
wat do u need help with ? love him like u would love any other man
Re: American Woman Married To Nigerian Man: Help! by segoye2(m): 10:05pm On Jun 24, 2007
@ poster
what do u need help with ? love him like u would love any other man

Well, I think she's a white lady really. The thing is if she really wanted us to help in the beggin process, we could lead her to our thread, make her talk it in there and believe me, Her husband will certainly get to read from us.

@ thread Author,

Do you still need our help? just tell us what is it you really wanted. But, if you want to know more about Nigerian culture? you gat to come down with your baby and spend sometime here with you INLAWS, who knows, you might end up knowing how to cook, EBA, IYAN, AMALA, GBEGIRI, MIYAN KUKA, OFE EGUSI, BANGA SOUP, TUWO, SEMO, ELUBO, and sometimes know how to eat Nsu, gbegiri and dawa dawa grin

I bet you, Nigeria is a great and fun place to be.
Re: American Woman Married To Nigerian Man: Help! by segoye2(m): 10:07pm On Jun 24, 2007
@segoye

LOL!!! This is why I love this board!

You think it can't work, do you?
Re: American Woman Married To Nigerian Man: Help! by Iskwew(f): 5:29am On Jun 26, 2007
Woa! There are so many things going on in this thread! I truly don't understand what the difficulty is here, she married a man (no matter the reasons/circumstances - we all marry for so many different "reasons"wink; she cheated on him; he wasn't happy about it but is trying to do right by not just jumping into a divorce. As I understood the author, her husband has his papers already, but hasn't 'burned rubber". No matter where a man is from - he's still a man. And he deserves to be honoured and respected-especially in his own home. Just like any other country in this world, there are bad ones and good ones - men and women. IMHO, if y'all r still married, then stop all the "dating" others, sleep in the same bed, share the same bread, love the child u had together and WORK IT OUT. Talk it out, what does each of u want. Sleeping separate and pretending u r both free to date is nonsense. You both need to take it to the negotiation tables as a team, that is what a husband and wife are. Forget u married him to "help" him, that is all in the past, talk out where u both r now and cleave together. You both made a commitment, u need to abide by the commitment u made.
Re: American Woman Married To Nigerian Man: Help! by Leilah(f): 7:05pm On Jul 04, 2007
go to the immigration and report him. tell them you no longer live togehter as a family unit. i bet he will be back at your door then.
Re: American Woman Married To Nigerian Man: Help! by satan: 3:35pm On Jul 05, 2007
well, when u say you wanna report him to immigration, you better think twice, is either you let him come out of the wound you just caused him, he never cheated on you, you deed and owe him lots to it. For the sake of your child, his not gonna divorce you, is natural and sane act too, so approach him and mend fences with him. Never take him for granted, and never take any human as well, because humans are like time, they change, and if you are not there to help him out on his papers, someone elses would have done same.

I wish you good luck, and wanna say, follow your head and not the ass heads on this thread.
Re: American Woman Married To Nigerian Man: Help! by chiogo(f): 11:31pm On Jul 05, 2007
@topic. lmao. help with what now? phewww, na wa oh.
Re: American Woman Married To Nigerian Man: Help! by davidif: 3:42am On Dec 14, 2007
@ drkchklit

You say Nigerian men don't make babies all over the place. Good. But most AA men don't either. I didn't know if you were implying this but I wanted to put it out there.

Are you freakin' kidding me?? According to bureau of labour census, African Americans have a 70% (yep 70!!!) child out of wedlock rate hence the 80% dropout rate in the inner cities. So don't try being politically correct with me. In Nigeria, if you have a child out of wedlock most good families would disown and the child, because you bring shame to the family and yourself in yanki, you see Tisha, Zaquisha or chantelle (or whatever it is they call themselves this days) unmarried with kids at age 12, 14 , 18. In most Nigerian families, dating is frowned upon until you are ready to get married and that's must be after you're done with college and can find a job. In America, you see kids start dating before they reach puberty, instead of focusing on there academics, they are going out to hang out in the mall, playing football, basketball and other unnecessary distractions and you wonder why white people slammed us with "the bell curve".
Re: American Woman Married To Nigerian Man: Help! by davidif: 3:43am On Dec 14, 2007
@ drkchklit

You say Nigerian men don't make babies all over the place. Good. But most AA men don't either.  I didn't know if you were implying this but I wanted to put it out there.

Are you freakin' kidding me?? According to bureau of labour census, African Americans have a 70% (yep 70!!!) child out of wedlock rate hence the 80% dropout rate in the inner cities. So don't try being politically correct with me. In Nigeria, if you have a child out of wedlock most good families would disown and the child, because you bring shame to the family and yourself in yanki, you see Tisha, Zaquisha or chantelle (or whatever it is they call themselves this days) unmarried with kids at age 12, 14 , 18.  In most Nigerian families, dating is frowned upon until you are ready to get married and that's must be after you're done with college and can find a job. In America, you see kids  start dating before they reach puberty, instead of focusing on there academics, they are going out to hang out in the mall, playing football, basketball and other unnecessary distractions and you wonder why white people slammed us with "the bell curve".
Re: American Woman Married To Nigerian Man: Help! by davidif: 4:10am On Dec 14, 2007
First of all, naija men are very conservative, they wouldn't mind shopping with you, taking care of the kids, selecting drapery but also in our culture divorce is an absolute taboo, and what's worse than that is actually cheating in your relationship. There are several things a naija guy can forgive like insubordination but it takes Lots of prayers for them to forgive infidelity, in fact, in pre colonial times, before the introduction of western culture, sex before marriage and outside of marriage was punishable by death. That's one of the big reasons why i don't think i could ever date an American, some of whom might have had several other boyfriends (dragged her feet through the mud) before settling with you as prince charming. I don't think i could reconcile with my wife if she cheated (got her freak on) with me.

Nigerians also know how to keep malice. When they are angry with you they can decide not to talk to you for as long as they feel like ( i once lived with my sister and she pissed me off and i didn' t talk to her for almost 2 months and we still lived in the same house). So right now, what you need is serious prayer (divine intervention), ask God (i mean plead) to help your husband forgive you, ask God to melt his heart so that he can love you again, and also you have to apologize profusely, because most naija would not go out to sleep with other women, they would just hold it against you as leverage in an arguement or to gain an upperhand in the relationship. So beg him to forgive you for breaking his heart and that all the "getting your freak on" days are over and work out the relationship with him.

@Leilah
go to the immigration and report him. tell them you no longer live togehter as a family unit. i bet he will be back at your door then
Man, you're very wicked, how could you even think of something like that.
Re: American Woman Married To Nigerian Man: Help! by JustGood(m): 6:20pm On Mar 26, 2009
I'm done talking about this, no help here. I will leave it with God, He's the only one who sees this from both sides. Thanks anyway everyone.

You did not leave it with God when you were sleeping around. These foreign women think we are just daft angry
Re: American Woman Married To Nigerian Man: Help! by tiffcisco(f): 6:25pm On Mar 26, 2009
JustGood:

You did not leave it with God when you were sleeping around. These foreign women think we are just daft  angry

OMGEEEEE!!! GAGGGGG Me!!!!
Re: American Woman Married To Nigerian Man: Help! by JustGood(m): 6:26pm On Mar 26, 2009
tiffcisco:

OMGEEEEE!!! GAGGGGG Me!!!!

no need to gag you. . . spill it
Re: American Woman Married To Nigerian Man: Help! by romeo(m): 6:49pm On Mar 26, 2009
davidif:

. In Nigeria, if you have a child out of wedlock most good families would disown the child,because you bring shame to the family and yourself

What a Big Lie!!! Unless you're from one bush village.
Re: American Woman Married To Nigerian Man: Help! by JustGood(m): 10:30am On Mar 27, 2009
@ romeo, sometimes I also wonder what part of Nigeria many people here are from. You hear of things that you never heard of before and they try to claim that such are rampant.

I tire o for the way some of us go all out to paint Nigeria in evil ways sad
Re: American Woman Married To Nigerian Man: Help! by romeo(m): 1:46pm On Mar 27, 2009
JustGood:

@ romeo, sometimes I also wonder what part of Nigeria many people here are from. You hear of things that you never heard of before and they try to claim that such are rampant.

I tire o for the way some of us go all out to paint Nigeria in evil ways sad

My Brother me sef i tire ohh!!
Re: American Woman Married To Nigerian Man: Help! by KB1(m): 12:01am On Mar 29, 2009
Davidif and JustGood, shut your lying an or simple in-informed asses up. cheesy I don't know who in the hell you think your successfully fooling around hear, but I'm getting a good laugh out of your buffoonery non the less. cheesy

I know right now here in the US many Nigerian men and women who aren't married to their child's other parent. Now some were married when the child was born, though it wasn't long after that the DIVORCE came, mostly upon the insistence of the mother do to the father's cheating around on her. smiley Statistics show that here in the US marriage within the Nigerian community and overall African community at large is rising rapidly to within overall National averages.

Now as for how the situation in Nigeria stands, well I remember seeing on Nigeriaworld.com a report printed last year talking about how divorce in Nigeria was rapidly becoming a more common occurrence, especially in the Southern part of the nation, though there were yet to be adapted any sound statistics in the nation to show just how rapidly it was becoming an common occurrence.

And as for out of wedlock births; perhaps you should google up "Nigerian child birthing depots" and see what comes up. In Nigeria on many occasions birthing depots where young girls just sit around and get paid to have babies for what whatever reasons have been shut down by the police. Take a trip to any major city in Nigeria and see the loads of young kids who just roam the the streets parentless and aimlessly; you telling me these kids parents were or are married when they were conceived? cheesy I highly doubt it.

Most of them are the product of one night stands and young girls who got knocked up by some Hot customer, and simply dumped their child off on the streets. All over Lagos, Benin City, Port Harcourt, Enugu and even various location throughout Abuja, it was an uncommon thing to see street whores wondering about pregnant. You fools are only fooling your damn selves, in a simply attempt to get one up on somebody, impress yourselves by painting falsified rosy pictures of a very present problematic situation. cheesy

KB has spoken, holla back if you've got something sensible to comment about it. smiley
Re: American Woman Married To Nigerian Man: Help! by Hauwa1: 12:06am On Mar 29, 2009
KB1, Welcome how are, have missed ya post. don't go too far again grin
Re: American Woman Married To Nigerian Man: Help! by KB1(m): 12:08am On Mar 29, 2009
it was an uncommon thing to see street whores wondering about pregnant.

That was suppost to read [b]It wasn't [/b]a uncommon thing. smiley Damn, what happened to the EDIT button that used to be present on your posts? undecided
Re: American Woman Married To Nigerian Man: Help! by Hauwa1: 12:10am On Mar 29, 2009
you forgot to add 'got knocked up by boyfriends who rejected the baby' or who just denied knowing them (forgetful shaggingers)
Re: American Woman Married To Nigerian Man: Help! by Hauwa1: 12:11am On Mar 29, 2009
forgetful shaggers grin
sigh where modify button now grin
Re: American Woman Married To Nigerian Man: Help! by KB1(m): 12:22am On Mar 29, 2009
*Hauwa*:

KB1, Welcome how are, have missed ya post. don't go too far again  grin

Hauwa, it's been a long time, I shouldn't of you folks without a hardcore post to step to. So I took this non busy time of mind to sit down and compose those lines just to let some folks who still are in need to know, that I aint no JOKE.   angry And by the way my beautiful African sista, please due remember that I never to to far as you've stated, and or step out of line, I simply put folks in line of the right frame of mind where my metal presence is always and remains sublime; ya dig?  kiss Love yah, holla back, by now Showdy.  kiss
Re: American Woman Married To Nigerian Man: Help! by KB1(m): 12:26am On Mar 29, 2009
*Hauwa*:

you forgot to add 'got knocked up by boyfriends who rejected the baby' or who just denied knowing them (forgetful shaggingers)

Naw, I didn't forget, it's just not necessary to bury an amateur shit pusher to deep in there own Bullcrap. cheesy
Re: American Woman Married To Nigerian Man: Help! by JustGood(m): 2:03pm On Mar 30, 2009
KB1:

Davidif and JustGood, shut your lying an or simple in-informed asses up. cheesy I don't know who in the hell you think your successfully fooling around hear, but I'm getting a good laugh out of your buffoonery non the less. cheesy

I know right now here in the US many Nigerian men and women who aren't married to their child's other parent. Now some were married when the child was born, though it wasn't long after that the DIVORCE came, mostly upon the insistence of the mother do to the father's cheating around on her. smiley Statistics show that here in the US marriage within the Nigerian community and overall African community at large is rising rapidly to within overall National averages.

Now as for how the situation in Nigeria stands, well I remember seeing on Nigeriaworld.com a report printed last year talking about how divorce in Nigeria was rapidly becoming a more common occurrence, especially in the Southern part of the nation, though there were yet to be adapted any sound statistics in the nation to show just how rapidly it was becoming an common occurrence.

And as for out of wedlock births; perhaps you should google up "Nigerian child birthing depots" and see what comes up. In Nigeria on many occasions birthing depots where young girls just sit around and get paid to have babies for what whatever reasons have been shut down by the police. Take a trip to any major city in Nigeria and see the loads of young kids who just roam the the streets parentless and aimlessly; you telling me these kids parents were or are married when they were conceived? cheesy I highly doubt it.

Most of them are the product of one night stands and young girls who got knocked up by some Hot customer, and simply dumped their child off on the streets. All over Lagos, Benin City, Port Harcourt, Enugu and even various location throughout Abuja, it was an uncommon thing to see street whores wondering about pregnant. You fools are only fooling your damn selves, in a simply attempt to get one up on somebody, impress yourselves by painting falsified rosy pictures of a very present problematic situation. cheesy

KB has spoken, holla back if you've got something sensible to comment about it. smiley

The fact that you are from a dysfunctional background and are surrounded by dysfunctional people does not make everyone else dysfunctional.
Re: American Woman Married To Nigerian Man: Help! by queenTG(f): 3:42pm On Apr 06, 2009
KB1 na u spoke well cool don't mind those far places ones
Re: American Woman Married To Nigerian Man: Help! by JustGood(m): 3:54pm On Apr 06, 2009
Now that Nigerian men are so despicable according to some of you, why do you still ever go for Nigerian men.

Woe betide each of you who condemns Nigerian men and then say you love a Nigerian man!
Re: American Woman Married To Nigerian Man: Help! by platinumnk(f): 3:56pm On Apr 06, 2009
I feel sorry for those children, I saw a lot in Lagos
Re: American Woman Married To Nigerian Man: Help! by JustGood(m): 3:57pm On Apr 06, 2009
@ luish  , I can tell you he will never forgive you cheating regardless of the reasons why you did it . That is one of the very first things my naija man said to me was if you cheat it's over and so far he's kept to everything he's said to me so i have no doubt that if i cheat it's over . If he has not divorced you yet it could be cause he wants his papers.

so true. . .
most men worth their salt will never be able to forgive a cheating woman. Imagine going to bed with her and thinking about that!

Even when I was dating, I could never forgive a girlfriend that I suspected of cheating lipsrsealed
Re: American Woman Married To Nigerian Man: Help! by JustGood(m): 3:58pm On Apr 06, 2009
platinumnk:

I feel sorry for those children, I saw a lot in Lagos

Just stay in America with Americans
Re: American Woman Married To Nigerian Man: Help! by platinumnk(f): 3:59pm On Apr 06, 2009
JustGood:

Now that Nigerian men are so despicable according to some of you, why do you still ever go for Nigerian men.

Woe betide each of you who condemns Nigerian men and then say you love a Nigerian man!

Boo. Have u seen cheaters with the Nigerian rotflmbo!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy Mothers Day Quotes And Sayings / Origin Of Common Nigerian Pidgin Words (i.e., Igbo, Yoruba, Or Hausa) / How To Count Form 1-20 In Edo/ Bini Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.