Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,152 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) (66739 Views)

Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA / Before You Marry That Igbo Girl,know These Facts / Cross Cultural Marriage:interesting Tweets From White Lady Married To A Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Nobody: 2:19am On May 01, 2015
What do you think about this?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Nobody: 2:50am On May 01, 2015
I dnt like it either...i dnt wanna feed the whole village... shocked

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by PureWays(m): 3:01am On May 01, 2015
KashyBaby:
But you can store it for later consumption... lol

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by kestolove95(m): 3:17am On May 01, 2015
No gulder or star?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by yemolz: 3:33am On May 01, 2015
I salute the courage of the Ndigbo that has given these out and has collected these

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by kilokeys(m): 3:47am On May 01, 2015
if this is all it takes... i wouldnt mind o.. everything i see nt up to 200k.

far cheaper than getting iPhone 6 plus for father mother brothers and sisters.. all that would fit into a polybag and still cost u more than a million bucks

123 Likes 8 Shares

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Nobody: 3:52am On May 01, 2015
This is not much naaa...

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Mynd44: 4:12am On May 01, 2015
It is their culture I don't have to like it or agree with it but I will also have to do this if I marry someone from there so....*shrugs*

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by SuperSuave(m): 4:30am On May 01, 2015
kilokeys:
if this is all it takes... i wouldnt mind o.. everything i see nt up to 200k.

far cheaper than getting iPhone 6 plus for father mother brothers and sisters.. all that would fit into a polybag and still cost u more than a million bucks
grin

2 Likes

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Mcowubaba: 4:34am On May 01, 2015
Mynd44:
It is their culture I don't have to like it or agree with it but I will also have to do this if I marry someone from there so....*shrugs*
Gbam!!!! Dats-all

11 Likes

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by wwwbabe(f): 4:34am On May 01, 2015
This is d reason for late marriages

igbo guys will b like

make go hammer first

and girls will b like

bt age is not on my side na

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Vikkie14: 4:49am On May 01, 2015
Main reason why there are many Wife Battering/Beating. Why won't their husband treat them badly, afterall Their parent had SOLD them.

14 Likes

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by benuejosh: 4:49am On May 01, 2015
Hmm. Igbo people and culture/tradition.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Vikkie14: 4:53am On May 01, 2015
And the family will still tell the man to take CARE of their daughter. With what?? After collecting what the man suppose take care of their daughter?

16 Likes

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Cutehector(m): 4:58am On May 01, 2015
Its not our fault our igbo sisters r very valuable. grin

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by misreal(m): 5:50am On May 01, 2015
Vikkie14:
Main reason why there are many Wife Battering/Beating. Why won't their husband treat them badly, afterall Their parent had SOLD them.
you lie.an Igbo man doesnt joke with his wife.

111 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Sommyangel(f): 5:54am On May 01, 2015
I don't see anything wrong.. Them force you to marry their daughter ni.. That's how one guy that wanted to marry my cousin ran away after seeing the list

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by obyrich(m): 6:08am On May 01, 2015
Sommyangel:
I don't see anything wrong.. Them force you to marry their daughter ni.. That's how one guy that wanted to marry my cousin ran away after seeing the list
It seems una own big pass wetin dey the picture. grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by 7footre(m): 6:08am On May 01, 2015
No one is forcing you into anything... if you can't stand the heat, get outta d kitchen

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Pheals(f): 6:13am On May 01, 2015
THEY will use the bride price to train the other 7children

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by iamrealdeji(m): 6:32am On May 01, 2015
KashyBaby:
This is not much,most igbo parents request for more,you need to spend millions as bride price and buy car for the bride's father in some cases. Igbos are certified scammers,some are good though

20 Likes

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by richidinho(m): 6:33am On May 01, 2015
Sommyangel:

**I see her pix, she is a kid, I shake head and leave**

6 Likes

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by imsuboi(m): 6:35am On May 01, 2015
They're worth it.. And more.

Unlike these Yoruba hoes everywhere; dirty, stinking, lazy beings. They can wear one wrapper for 3years without washing it cry

Their bride price can't be more than 2,000 naira

3 Likes

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by adahgold(m): 7:01am On May 01, 2015
After all this will they still expect anything from the man after the marriage? This is extortion because I believe the father of the girl did bring all this things when he married her mother! This is a way of selling your daughter. I no all those stuff there is not up to 200k but truth be told, pride price is not cost at all.
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Sommyangel(f): 7:14am On May 01, 2015
richidinho:

**I see her pix, she is a kid, I shake head and leave**
please run away grandpa

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Nobody: 7:15am On May 01, 2015
Sommyangel:

Una wan open shoprite on his head.
grin grin grin..

7 Likes

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Nobody: 7:16am On May 01, 2015
iamrealdeji:
This is not much,most igbo parents request for more,you need to spend millions as bride price and buy car for the bride's father in some cases. Igbos are certified scammers,some are good though
...you need a chill-pill, Deji. Buying a car for an inlaw is not a standard practice. The bride's family DEMANDED it out of sheer greed. And a good family won't want to drain your pocket, trust me. The bride will okay the spree too. I know there are instances where the groom is asked for 500, he gives 200 saying thats what he's got, it's accepted by the bride's family saying " ugwo nwanyi anaghi akwucha ya akwucha" meaning: you can't completely a woman's dowry"

19 Likes

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Sommyangel(f): 7:18am On May 01, 2015
gbosaa:

Una wan open shoprite on his head. grin grin grin..
lol
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by iamrealdeji(m): 7:23am On May 01, 2015
chimkaire:
...you need a chill-pill, Deji. Buying a car for an inlaw is not a standard practice. The bride's family DEMANDED it out of sheer greed. And a good family won't want to drain your pocket, trust me. The bride will okay the spree too. I know there are instances where the groom is asked for 500, he gives 200 saying thats what he's got, it's accepted by the bride's family saying " ugwo nwanyi anaghi akwucha ya akwucha" meaning: you can't completely a woman's dowry"
ok,no more fear of marrying an Igbo girl,trust me,some of these greedy families are painting good Igbo people black,combined with the believe that Igbo's are business oriented and love money,that's what people sum up to say so,and that's why yoruba men are running away from marrying them,if you tell your yoruba parents you want to marry an Igbo girl,they'd tell you you can't carry the burden and you should back out

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by rabbuy(m): 7:25am On May 01, 2015
Sommyangel:

Why won't he ran.. grin I have witnessed all those mu.mu list some dey full 80leaves undecided for wetin una mates dey pay groom price for china... una they here they drain us bloody gold diggers angry tongue

4 Likes

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by corisande: 7:42am On May 01, 2015
chimkaire:

seconded!

3 Likes

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Macmilla(m): 7:46am On May 01, 2015
My ppl suffer for lack of knowledge. Ignorance is worse than cancer.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony / Different South African Tribes / The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.