Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,819 members, 7,828,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Lagos Urges FG To Help Prevent Erosion, Protect Coastline - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Urges FG To Help Prevent Erosion, Protect Coastline (6775 Views)

Igbo Group In Lagos Urges Tinubu To Run For Presidency / NOSDRA: Why Dead Fishes Were Found On Niger Delta Coastline / CORONAVIRUS: W.H.O Commends Nigeria As Lagos Urges Residents To Remain Vigilant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Urges FG To Help Prevent Erosion, Protect Coastline by Exc2000: 7:38am On May 28, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:
I thought there is nothing like erosion or the likes in lagos grin

The topic reads Prevent Errossion, and Protect shoreline, meaning they are planing ahead not to turn beautiful lagos to another iboland

1 Like

Re: Lagos Urges FG To Help Prevent Erosion, Protect Coastline by abyus15: 7:38am On May 28, 2020
Eko Oni baje
Re: Lagos Urges FG To Help Prevent Erosion, Protect Coastline by tamdun: 7:44am On May 28, 2020
Yooruba1914:
Lagos state needs an independent forensic investigation of its finances, with all the money obasa and the band of theives are stealing eko will not move forward.
But fed gov can collect tax from Lagos?
Re: Lagos Urges FG To Help Prevent Erosion, Protect Coastline by StubbornGENIUS: 7:44am On May 28, 2020
Exc2000:

The topic reads Prevent Errossion, and Protect shoreline, meaning they are planing ahead not to turn beautiful lagos to another iboland

Ahhh Just See your life.
Re: Lagos Urges FG To Help Prevent Erosion, Protect Coastline by fatymore(f): 7:45am On May 28, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:
Just take a look at your lives
what happened Sir
Re: Lagos Urges FG To Help Prevent Erosion, Protect Coastline by StubbornGENIUS: 7:47am On May 28, 2020
fatymore:
what happened Sir
Sorry,wrong quote Ma'am.
Re: Lagos Urges FG To Help Prevent Erosion, Protect Coastline by fatymore(f): 7:48am On May 28, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:
Sorry,wrong quote Ma'am.
you can check my siggy and patronise me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Urges FG To Help Prevent Erosion, Protect Coastline by StubbornGENIUS: 7:54am On May 28, 2020
fatymore:
you can check my siggy and patronise me
Good products ma.unfortunately,am very far from lagos.Goodluck Though.
Re: Lagos Urges FG To Help Prevent Erosion, Protect Coastline by redsun(m): 8:04am On May 28, 2020
The same Lagos that is creating islands and interfering with the raging ocean has not fortified and maximised the available landscape. Over 80 per cent of Lagos occupied land are technically slums, yet they are wasting millions of dollars creating islands instead of upgrading the slums. First things first muderfuckers.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Urges FG To Help Prevent Erosion, Protect Coastline by prigoz(m): 8:33am On May 28, 2020
I tot they said that erosion is for South East only, where is this one coming from? abi Igbos have imported it from their side.
Lesson: Do not rejoice when you fellow man faces trouble especially Igbos and yorubas on Naialand.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Urges FG To Help Prevent Erosion, Protect Coastline by COMPAQ(m): 9:17am On May 28, 2020
LASG didn't think there was an issue though when they allowed Eko Atlantic to spring up? Neither Banana Island, Oworonshoki sand fill, Ilubirin sand fill and Orange Island!!

When they are doing their own, they will tell you there is no issue. But they are complaining about something the FG (or British Government more appropriately) did in 1912!!!

I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Urges FG To Help Prevent Erosion, Protect Coastline by misterjosh(m): 9:34am On May 28, 2020
And the same state government still wants to create more islands... unah well done

1 Like

Re: Lagos Urges FG To Help Prevent Erosion, Protect Coastline by cheesmooth(m): 9:36am On May 28, 2020
Re: Lagos Urges FG To Help Prevent Erosion, Protect Coastline by Beedude(m): 9:45am On May 28, 2020
ednut1:
I live near the beach. Water do claim many houses ehn. My friends house in 2006 they used to trek 15 mins to get to the beach. Today it remains one more street for the beach to reach them. Alpha beach area
What are they still doing there since 2006? It will likely end in tears
Re: Lagos Urges FG To Help Prevent Erosion, Protect Coastline by doeeyed: 10:01am On May 28, 2020
Land reclamation or re-engineering should be celebrated.

The seaward areas were being eroded regardless of Atlantic City.Long term as per curtailing erosion is needed despite this project...

Inwards,the problem is more with
1) appropriate drainage for the booming metropolis and
2) creation of wetlands/dams that can accommodate large bodies in the event of floods from prolonged rains upstream.
Can be created over stages so entire communities aren't decimated whilst natural flora are attracted.....
Alongst parts of the Ogun River and certain peripheries of the Lagos Lagoon.

Here is where strict enforcement of laws prohibiting building or development is needed alongside publicised payment to the affected communities.

Re: Lagos Urges FG To Help Prevent Erosion, Protect Coastline by Eskdale(m): 10:15am On May 28, 2020
Re: Lagos Urges FG To Help Prevent Erosion, Protect Coastline by majamajic(m): 10:26am On May 28, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

Enviromental and Ecological fund ... Smart Sanwo-Olu won cash out big time

I trust buhari to sharply release needed fund to lagos while erossion finishes Ibo land and he looks on

Don't shift this thread , pls don't

1 Like

Re: Lagos Urges FG To Help Prevent Erosion, Protect Coastline by wink2015(m): 11:09am On May 28, 2020
The Honourable Commissioner for Waterfront, Arch. Kabiru Abdullahi has urged the Federal Government of Nigeria to join forces with the Lagos State Government in mitigating the effects of erosion and the protection of Lagos Coastline.

The Commissioner made the appeal on Wednesday at the Year 2020 Ministerial Press Briefing in commemoration of the First Year in Office of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, held at the JJT Park in Alausa, Ikeja.

“The erosion of Lagos coastline is a direct impact of the construction of the Eastern and Western Moles by the Federal Government as far back as 1912 to provide safe access for vessels coming into the Lagos harbour. This has put a heavy financial burden on the State with regards to the protection of its coastline”, Abdullahi said.

He also urged the National Inland Waterways Authority (NIWA) to create channels for boat navigation on the waterways and stop enabling illegal dredging activities, stressing that the Agency needs to support Lagos in preventing the degradation of Lagos shoreline, road infrastructure and halting environmental pollution.

Arc. Abdullahi further stated that a total of 34 dredgers operating illegally were arrested and prosecuted by the State Taskforce on Environment and Special Offences during the period under review.
https://brandspurng.com/2020/05/28/lagos-urges-fg-to-help-prevent-erosion-protect-coastline/

I HATE TO SEE LAGOS STATE GO "CAP IN HAND" BEGGING THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA

Can n't Lagos state government take advantage of his role as a host to companies and businesses to develop for itself what its dreams her.

LAGOS STATE SHOULD BE THE "HONG KONG" OF CHINA IN NIGERIA.

It should be a kind of mini country within Nigeria.

So begging for money is embarrasing.
Re: Lagos Urges FG To Help Prevent Erosion, Protect Coastline by porthouse7(f): 11:36am On May 28, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:
I thought there is nothing like erosion or the likes in lagos grin
coastline erosion, not d type in east
Re: Lagos Urges FG To Help Prevent Erosion, Protect Coastline by StubbornGENIUS: 11:44am On May 28, 2020
porthouse7:
coastline erosion, not d type in east
And what is the relationship btw my comment/this thread and the East?
Re: Lagos Urges FG To Help Prevent Erosion, Protect Coastline by CTete: 11:51am On May 28, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

Enviromental and Ecological fund ... Smart Sanwo-Olu won cash out big time

I trust buhari to sharply release needed fund to lagos while erossion finishes Ibo land and he looks on

Erosion finishes Igbo land? Why all these hate speech within us? The people you're making jest of have bought your Papa's land, even your future and built mansions you can't even afford to rent the boys quarter. "One love keep us together"
Re: Lagos Urges FG To Help Prevent Erosion, Protect Coastline by Exc2000: 12:35pm On May 28, 2020
CTete:

Erosion finishes Igbo land? Why all these hate speech within us? The people you're making jest of have bought your Papa's land, even your future and built mansions you can't even afford to rent the boys quarter. "One love keep us together"

only a dunce still believe Ibo traders can afford any real estate except oko maiko and ojo area, Ajegunle, oworonshoki and slums dey decieve your self for una village meetings as if we dont know how una dey live here

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kabba Prison Attack: Most Of The Escaped Inmates Re-Arrested - Kogi Govt / Obasanjo May Not Apologise To Oyo Monarchs – Ex-Adviser, Abimbola / Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.