Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,187 members, 7,845,895 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

What's Your Own Definition Of Love. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Your Own Definition Of Love. (995 Views)

Give Your Own Definition Or Description Of Rape That Can Be Acceptable. / Hilarious Definition Of "Slay Queen" In The Urban Dictionary / What's Your Own Definition Of Cheating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Own Definition Of Love. by Johntemmy(m): 3:40pm On May 28, 2020
yeah can you define love in your own ways..

God is love n love is God. in my own little definition.
where ever God is there is love...so why love is no more existing in our various worship centers in family,marriages, relationship etc can we say there's no God in his household again most especially in our worship centres.
Re: What's Your Own Definition Of Love. by Orces: 3:41pm On May 28, 2020
Love is just an illusion perpetuated by our brains

1 Like

Re: What's Your Own Definition Of Love. by phelonrays: 3:52pm On May 28, 2020
Love__ fake feelings accompanied by jealousy, hypocrisy, hatred, and Selfishness

Not a Saddist tho.... undecided

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Own Definition Of Love. by falcon01: 4:07pm On May 28, 2020
Love is a weird feeling Humans get when they want to f*ck it's answering the call of Nature. It hits you hard when it's new and leaves you stranded half away and at the end full of regrets. You can Fall in Love but Know what you are putting your hands into. I believe in Partnership that sounds better.
Re: What's Your Own Definition Of Love. by Edeyoung: 4:10pm On May 28, 2020
Love is dependent

Love takes two to stay, one to break

There is two type of love dependent love and independent love, most love we call true love are dependent, but truly "true love' are independent

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Own Definition Of Love. by ABLESOFT2(m): 4:25pm On May 28, 2020
Love Is ...
Re: What's Your Own Definition Of Love. by Zabiboy: 4:31pm On May 28, 2020

Love is just a TRANSACTION which all hearts were WIRED to desire...Once two hearts presents desirable traits, it occurs....IT CAN BE TURNED ON AND IT CAN BE TURNED OFF ( just like a transaction can be cancelled at any time)
GL cool

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Own Definition Of Love. by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 28, 2020
Love in Nigeria =money
If you gat no money, nobody go love you

1 Like

Re: What's Your Own Definition Of Love. by DanDeeBoss(m): 4:48pm On May 28, 2020
Love=mumuness...
Re: What's Your Own Definition Of Love. by illicit(m): 5:28pm On May 28, 2020
Love is a pigment of the imagination
Re: What's Your Own Definition Of Love. by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 28, 2020
Love is a verb
Re: What's Your Own Definition Of Love. by Biglittlelois(f): 5:52pm On May 28, 2020
falcon01:
Love is a weird feeling Humans get when they want to f*ck it's answering the call of Nature. It hits you hard when it's new and leaves you stranded half away and at the end full of regrets. You can Fall in Love but Know what you are putting your hands into. I believe in Partnership that sounds better.

Deep!!!

1 Like

Re: What's Your Own Definition Of Love. by GeneralPula: 8:11pm On May 28, 2020
Love my foot..

Even titanic is a scam..
Re: What's Your Own Definition Of Love. by Funmmyastic: 8:20pm On May 28, 2020
There is no love anywhere.Everyone just want to take advantage of others.Spits.Next.
Re: What's Your Own Definition Of Love. by Benee1000(m): 9:07pm On May 28, 2020
For me, love is a feeling expressed by taking active responsibility for the happiness of the object of your love (lovee), and expecting nothing in return, but whose reward is the satisfaction or happiness felt from fulfilling such responsibility and the happiness of the lovee.

Love exists and is real and at a point in life, everyone has loved or will love, and has been or will be the object of another person's love (being loved).

The amount of responsibility a lover is willing to shoulder for his\her lovee is the depth of that persons love, the ultimate of which is death.

The reason why many people think true love doesn't exist, especially in romantic relationships, is because they cannot differentiate between commitment and love. They expect both to be together, but are often disappointed as this is not always so.
And another reason is that, many times, the love is not mutual.

Love is practically a feeling expressed in taking responsibility for someone's happiness, whereas, Commitment is a decision based majorly on self discipline, circumstances, goals etc, to be dedicated to a particular person or thing.

Why many relationships fail isnt because there wasn't Love, but a lack of commitment to the lovee and vice versa, and also, personality incompatibility.

My humble opinion.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Own Definition Of Love. by Nobody: 9:36pm On May 28, 2020
Zabiboy:

Love is just a transaction which all hearts were WIRED to desire...Once two hearts presents desirable traits, it occurs....IT CAN BE TURNED ON AND IT CAN BE TURNED OFF ( just like a transaction can be cancelled at any time)
GL cool

Anaa todd grin
Re: What's Your Own Definition Of Love. by Femzaremz(m): 9:39pm On May 28, 2020
Love is nature's way of ensuring the continuation of our species without which we would go extinct! Often felt by delusional people and realised to be fake once the partners are tired of each other!
Re: What's Your Own Definition Of Love. by Johntemmy(m): 12:44pm On May 29, 2020
Orces:
Love is just an illusion perpetuated by our brains

hummmm okay
Re: What's Your Own Definition Of Love. by kamikaze01(m): 12:54pm On May 29, 2020
Love is the act of being irrational rather than logical towords someone. In reality it's a scamish manupulation of the brain
Re: What's Your Own Definition Of Love. by LordKO(m): 1:04pm On May 29, 2020
Product of reciprocal continual altruism by two conscientious people who are pursuing closeness temporarily (if it's a relationship of convenience) or oneness permanently (if it's marriage).

Love is the greatest refreshment in life.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Own Definition Of Love. by Johntemmy(m): 2:16pm On May 29, 2020
phelonrays:
Love__ fake feelings accompanied by jealousy, hypocrisy, hatred, and Selfishness

okay
Re: What's Your Own Definition Of Love. by Heiterkeit(f): 2:43pm On May 29, 2020
phelonrays:

this is not true
Re: What's Your Own Definition Of Love. by galadima77(m): 3:05pm On May 29, 2020
One mistake and you're depressed... It's a no no!
Re: What's Your Own Definition Of Love. by pansophist(m): 3:20pm On May 29, 2020
My own definition of love is not the romanticized version, but the qualitative aspect of it. It is about selflessness, altruism, and empathy. It is about helping me grow, understanding my weakness, and not capitalizing on it. It should not be a love that is preconditioned on essence beyond my control, for example, it's okay to love me for being handsome and athletic, but I can't control being handsome and athletic forever. The love should be based on a realistic, attainable virtue that I possess, as opposed to the figment of the lover's wish, delusion, or both. True love will premium resolution over conflict, it will thrive to be in peace, not to prove who is right. Love is pure, and can not be mistaken when experienced.

This is how I understand and practice love, though sadly, most people do not understand the concept of love this way. To many people, they practice being ''in love with someone'', and not ''loving someone'', there is a difference. To love someone is like I defined it in the first paragraph, but to be in love is like caging a butterfly because you love it, instead of letting it be in its natural habitat and fly freely. Love should not be possessive, conditional, and your love towards me should not stop because I didn't behave in a way you like. To love is healthy, to be in love is toxic. To be in love is all about you, not the other person. It is selfish and self-centered. It is also the leading cause of breakup, as the relationship was built on self-delusion.

Love is wholesome.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's Your Own Definition Of Love. by phelonrays: 3:20pm On May 29, 2020
Heiterkeit:

this is not true
Had it been you've fell in love before, you'll know that those attribute ain't far from not just truth but Reality

Not a Saddist tho..... undecided
Re: What's Your Own Definition Of Love. by luvyaself95(m): 3:52pm On May 29, 2020
Who love me pleasssseeeeeee grin
Re: What's Your Own Definition Of Love. by DAramis: 7:54pm On May 29, 2020
Love is Lust with full dose of jealousy according to a woman in a movie.

In my own opinion, it is safe to say that it is a scam to some extent though it exist.

Love could only be said to exist, if the party in question is someone who genuinely liked another person with sacrifices attached to it. For example, a lady trying to understand you and looking beyond your physical features
Re: What's Your Own Definition Of Love. by Johntemmy(m): 3:04pm On May 30, 2020
luvyaself95:
Who love me pleasssseeeeeee grin

God love you bro.
Re: What's Your Own Definition Of Love. by Johntemmy(m): 12:34pm On Aug 09, 2020
[quote author=kamikaze01 post=90084996]Love is the act of being irrational rather than logical towords someone. In reality it's a scamish manupulation of the brain[/quote

Really
Re: What's Your Own Definition Of Love. by Johntemmy(m): 10:48am On Feb 17, 2021
phelonrays:
Had it been you've fell in love before, you'll know that those attribute ain't far from not just truth but Reality

Not a Saddist tho..... undecided

lols
Re: What's Your Own Definition Of Love. by Johntemmy(m): 8:43am On May 19, 2021

(1) (Reply)

Indian Hot Top Model Nuud Leak Video / Flee. True Story Of How She Got Murdered / Bbnaija: Vee Showing Signs Of Pregnancy After Having Unprotected Sex With Neo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.