Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,175 members, 7,835,921 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

AfdB: Peter Obi Declares Support For Adesina - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AfdB: Peter Obi Declares Support For Adesina (19197 Views)

Peter Obi Declares Intention To Contest For 2023 Presidential Election (Video) / Surprises For Adesina Ahead Of Afdb Board Meeting / AfDB: President Ouattara Appoints Adama Koné To Work For Adesina's Re-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AfdB: Peter Obi Declares Support For Adesina by princenaira(m): 5:19pm On May 29, 2020
If it were the other way round, the Afonjas would have assisted the US in bailing the accused.

Ndi obi ojoo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: AfdB: Peter Obi Declares Support For Adesina by Tranquillity360: 5:20pm On May 29, 2020
gaventa:
Where are those clueless ethnic bigots forming holier than thou criticizing Adeshina all in the name of "if he is found guilty,let him face it". This is your brother who is knowledgeable supporting a credible Fellow. Rally round your own! It's very important.
But if Adeshina is an Igbo man,all yorubas will call for his head.

Hypocrites.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: AfdB: Peter Obi Declares Support For Adesina by wink2015(m): 5:21pm On May 29, 2020
maestroferddi:
Mrs Chinelo Anohu-Amaizu was the CEO of the national pension management outfit (PenCom) before Buhari showed up...

So dont make it look like the lady was a nobody before she was hired at AfDB...

You have some valid point here

yes, I quite agree with the views that Mrs Chinelo Anohu-Amaizu have her personal success story through her own hardwork at least from the Nigeria playing field especially during the PDP administration of Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan where she was in charge of PENCOM but I wish to say that Adesina got her the INTERNATIONAL BREAK.

Meaning, Adesina took her from the local Nigeria level to the International level.

1 Like

Re: AfdB: Peter Obi Declares Support For Adesina by Macphenson: 5:22pm On May 29, 2020
MENELIIK:

These ridiculous stories by the Ibos is becoming disgusting! Stop reading PM news and be informed. During the June 12 election, the Ibos did not vote for Abiola, Arthur nzeribe led the Association of Bastard Nigerians who called for the annulment. If I ask you to justify your claims now, you will start your usually cock and Bull stories. Haba!

Did you people care to know who announced Abiola winner of that election?

His name is Humphrey Nwosu.

Did you people care to know what he went through for going against the military powers headed by Hausa, to announce a Yoruba man a President?

Abacha so dealt with him that till today he is still suffering from that trauma, still fidgeting.

That's how far an Igboman went to support a Yoruba, but in the end I ND what do we get?

The usual insults.

13 Likes

Re: AfdB: Peter Obi Declares Support For Adesina by EILTD(m): 5:25pm On May 29, 2020
wink2015:

yes, I quite agree with the views that Mrs Chinelo Anohu-Amaizu have her personal success story through her own hardwork at least from the Nigeria playing field especially during the PDP administration of Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan where she was in charge of PENCOM but I wish to say that Adesina got her the INTERNATIONAL BREAK.

Meaning, Adesina took her from the local Nigeria level to the International level.
You are right here. Adesina elevated her to AFDB after Buhari sacked her from Pencom. Adesina did well here and also helped a lot of Nigerians other Africans into AFDB.
Re: AfdB: Peter Obi Declares Support For Adesina by MENELIIK: 5:25pm On May 29, 2020
EILTD:
You want to spread your lies that the Igbos didn’t vote for Abiola. Is that how you counter the arguments of the other fellow.
So 45% SE votes for Abiola isn’t vote? Do you know that majority of Igbos in Lagos and Kano voted for Abiola’s SDP? I can post the chart to bust your lies here if you want! The difference between an Igbo man and a Yoruba man is truth! The IG is don’t upturn justice on it’s head.

Telling lies is congenital to an average igbo! Votes from non Yoruba and Igbo states like Kano and Kaduna will have only Igbo votes apart from the indigenes? There are no other tribes in Kano and Kaduna apart from the Igbos? As at the time of June 12 1993 election, South East had 4 states of which Tofa won 3, how then do you arrived at 45% votes for Abiola? The era of lying openly and people keeping quiet is gone, now you will just be confirming your ignorance publicly. I intentionally used the example of June 12 to prove to your that an average Yoruba can back up his claim against the Igbos but the Igbos cant do the same. That is, they lie a lot about the Yorubas, if not justify your claim on NOI

3 Likes

Re: AfdB: Peter Obi Declares Support For Adesina by pacificom: 5:29pm On May 29, 2020
israelmao:
Adesina Akinwumi is a true leader,he would have led well as Nigerian president.
Mr. Adewumi Adesina is one of the very few outstanding personnel and intellectual that Nigerian should be proud of in this generation.

1 Like

Re: AfdB: Peter Obi Declares Support For Adesina by MENELIIK: 5:30pm On May 29, 2020
Macphenson:

Did you people care to know who announced Abiola winner of that election?

His name is Humphrey Nwosu.

Did you people care to know what he went through for going against the military powers headed by Hausa, to announce a Yoruba man a President?

Abacha so dealt with him that till today he is still suffering from that trauma, still fidgeting.

That's how far an Igboman went to support a Yoruba, but in the end I ND what do we get?

The usual insults.

Humphrey Nwosu was the electoral commission Chair who under the law has the right to announce result he was doing his official duty he wasnt helping Abiola. It could have been anybody else if the person is the Chairman for instance Prof. Eme Awa his predecessor. Moreover, the result was not however, announced as Arthur Nzeribe as his cohorts called for annulment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: AfdB: Peter Obi Declares Support For Adesina by Championship65: 5:31pm On May 29, 2020
see below
Re: AfdB: Peter Obi Declares Support For Adesina by maestroferddi: 5:31pm On May 29, 2020
wink2015:

Much of a muchness...

International break that is eliciting probes and witch-hunt all over the place.

You should wait till she berths on her next job before rolling out the drums on what Adesina did for her...
Re: AfdB: Peter Obi Declares Support For Adesina by naijareferee: 5:31pm On May 29, 2020
MENELIIK:

These ridiculous stories by the Ibos is becoming disgusting! Stop reading PM news and be informed. During the June 12 election, the Ibos did not vote for Abiola, Arthur nzeribe led the Association of Bastard Nigerians who called for the annulment. If I ask you to justify your claims now, you will start your usually cock and Bull stories. Haba!

Ibo had two states then and abiola got about 75 percent from anambra and about 50 percent from IMO, what else do you want. Even though abiola boasted that he didn't need igbo votes.
And the ibb has come out to state who influenced the annulment, yet you find a convenient scape goat. Continue...
We don't support oppression, hence our continued voice against oppressors...
Look what how we voiced out for southern Kaduna people... Who have to spoken for before?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: AfdB: Peter Obi Declares Support For Adesina by naijareferee: 5:33pm On May 29, 2020
smallsmall:

Please stop spreading this sort of lies and unverified claims, it damages the moral fibre of our country.
Assuming but without conceeding that it is true, you should not be repeating it publicly but discouraging it passively.
Yorubas did not lead any campaign against N O I, the White people (Europeans and Americans conspired against her because she is Black!)

All these stoking of one ethnic tribe against the other in Southern Nigeria needs to END, it is the biggest obstacle against our development and the biggest weapon of our oppressors. THINK! THINK!! THINK!!!

Have you forgotten the petition to withdraw Ngozi honorary degrees?
Internet does not forget

9 Likes

Re: AfdB: Peter Obi Declares Support For Adesina by EILTD(m): 5:35pm On May 29, 2020
MENELIIK:

Telling lies is congenital to an average igbo! Votes from non Yoruba and Igbo states like Kano and Kaduna will have only Igbo votes apart from the indigenes? There are no other tribes in Kano and Kaduna apart from the Igbos? As at the time of June 12 1993 election, South East had 4 states of which Tofa won 3, how then do you arrived at 45% votes for Abiola? The era of lying openly and people keeping quiet is gone, now you will just be confirming your ignorance publicly. I intentionally used the example of June 12 to prove to your that an average Yoruba can back up his claim against the Igbos but the Igbos cant do the same. That is, they lie a lot about the Yorubas, if not justify your claim on NOI
Ok, I’ll post the result charts of the June 12 elections in the 4 SE states as at then.

Abiola won Anambra state and got over 40% of votes in the remaining 3 states. To the NRC of which Sylvester Ugoh was running mate, it was seen as a poor showing by the SE to their son. Before you point accusing fingers on the SE. Ask yourself some sincere questions. If the table were turned, will the Yoruba’s give an Igboman their votes against their own brothers party?

Let’s say Sylvester Ugoh was the southerner in the ballot of the SDP Presidential flag and Abiola was the VP for the NRC, will the Yoruba’s give Ugoh even 5% of their votes. You guess is as good as mine. Yoruba’s have no moral right to accuse Ndigbo of what they are known for — tribalism and anti-Igbo syndrome.

Below is the result and vote chart of the 1993 Presidential elections. Posterity will be fair to the Igbos.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AfdB: Peter Obi Declares Support For Adesina by Macphenson: 5:36pm On May 29, 2020
MENELIIK:

Humphrey Nwosu was the electoral commission Chair who under the law has the right to announce result he was doing his official duty he wasnt helping Abiola. It could have been anybody else if the person is the Chairman for instance Prof. Eme Awa his predecessor. Moreover, the result was not however, announced as Arthur Nzeribe as his cohorts called for annulment.

You forgot he could have decided to collect money and listen to powers that be , and annull that elections, and nothing will happen since he is on the side of the powers.

He could have acted like Maurice Iwu , or even the present INEC chairman,and there's nothing the Yoruba man will do other than wail.

But he stood his ground against military a military dictator for a Yoruba man. Please show him some.respect because he deserve it.

9 Likes

Re: AfdB: Peter Obi Declares Support For Adesina by okezuoemmanue(m): 5:38pm On May 29, 2020
Two sountherns cant win
Don't know how it's gonno happen but I keep seeing it turn out that way...

don't know y this combo keeps resounding in my head!!....[/quote]
Re: AfdB: Peter Obi Declares Support For Adesina by MENELIIK: 5:39pm On May 29, 2020
naijareferee:

Ibo had two states then and abiola got about 75 percent from anambra and about 50 percent from IMO, what else do you want. Even though abiola boasted that he didn't need igbo votes.
And the ibb has come out to state who influenced the annulment, yet you find a convenient scape goat. Continue...
We don't support oppression, hence our continued voice against oppressors...
Look what how we voiced out for southern Kaduna people... Who have to spoken for before?

Oga, get your facts right, Ibo had four States as at 1993, the last was created in 1996 by Abacha and is Ebonyi. You have come again with loads of lies make reference to when Abiola ever claimed he doesnt need the votes of the Igbos. If you have genuine claims against the Yorubas, bring them forth stop exposing your ignorance in public

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: AfdB: Peter Obi Declares Support For Adesina by MENELIIK: 5:44pm On May 29, 2020
Macphenson:

You forgot he could have decided to collect money and listen to powers that be , and annull that elections, and nothing will happen since he is on the side of the powers.

He could have acted like Maurice Iwu , or even the present INEC chairman,and there's nothing the Yoruba man will do other than wail.

But he stood his ground against military a military dictator for a Yoruba man. Please show him some.respect because he deserve it.

To have done otherwise will dent his image and integrity. I still maintained sir, he did not do Abiola any favour by being upright it is expected of a man of integrity which an electoral body chair should be. It is just like saying we should praise a football referee for not indulging in match fixing why will he do otherwise in the first instance?
Re: AfdB: Peter Obi Declares Support For Adesina by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 29, 2020
NwaNimo1:
Either his account has been hacked or......he's been consuming to much 'Hero's Beer' mixed with 'Palmi'

[img]https://media./images/35579ed061c97c254e01dbc7a72ac86b/tenor.gif[/img]

Why are you posting a gif of yourself while drunk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AfdB: Peter Obi Declares Support For Adesina by Nobody: 5:47pm On May 29, 2020
gaventa:
Where are those clueless ethnic bigots forming holier than thou criticizing Adeshina all in the name of "if he is found guilty,let him face it". This is your brother who is knowledgeable supporting a credible Fellow. Rally round your own! It's very important.

is there really any knowledgeable Yoruba man in Nigeria?
Re: AfdB: Peter Obi Declares Support For Adesina by Dpharisee: 5:50pm On May 29, 2020
Igbos will always support quality no matter where you come, we won't ask Adeshina to go and clear himself to any white man who continues to loot our continent like Yoruba Muslims did to Allen Onyema of Air Peace

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: AfdB: Peter Obi Declares Support For Adesina by Macphenson: 5:52pm On May 29, 2020
MENELIIK:

To have done otherwise will dent his image and integrity. I still maintained sir, he did not do Abiola any favour by being upright it is expected of a man of integrity which an electoral body chair should be. It is just like saying we should praise a football referee for not indulging in match fixing why will he do otherwise in the first instance?

Who cares about the nonsense image when he could have negotiated with an oil well, billions of Naira, and properties abroad, with juicy federal positions, who image help.

He did Abiola a great favour, and he was severely dealt with by the military for standing for Abiolaz yorubas should respect him , because even some of your yoruba leaders went and collected money and betrayed Abiola.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: AfdB: Peter Obi Declares Support For Adesina by MENELIIK: 5:58pm On May 29, 2020
EILTD:
Ok, I’ll post the result charts of the June 12 elections in the 4 SE states as at then.

Abiola won Anambra state and got over 40% of votes in the remaining 4 states. To the NRC of which Sylvester Ugoh was running mate, it was seen as a poor showing by the SE to their son. Before you point accusing fingers on the SE. Ask yourself some sincere questions. If the table were turned, will the Yoruba’s give an Igboman their votes against their own brothers party?

Let’s say Sylvester Ugoh was the southerner in the ballot of the SDP Presidential flag and Abiola was the VP for the NRC, will the Yoruba’s give Ugoh even 5% of their votes. You guess is as good as mine. Yoruba’s have no moral right to accuse Ndigbo of what they are known for — tribalism and anti-Igbo syndrome.

Below is the result and vote chart of the 1993 Presidential elections. Posterity will be fair to the Igbos.

The answer to your question is the last election. The two main parties were having southerners as their running mates. The one that has a Yoruba VP candidate won 4 out of the 6 states in his region while the Igbo man won two, how many did the Yoruba man win in South East?

1 Like

Re: AfdB: Peter Obi Declares Support For Adesina by MENELIIK: 6:00pm On May 29, 2020
Macphenson:

Who cares about the nonsense image when he could have negotiated with an oil well, billions of Naira, and properties abroad, with juicy federal positions, who image help.

He did Abiola a great favour, and he was severely dealt with by the military for standing for Abiolaz yorubas should respect him , because even some of your yoruba leaders went and collected money and betrayed Abiola.

He had no power before the Military, just an order and he will chicken out. Moreover, did he announce the result?

1 Like

Re: AfdB: Peter Obi Declares Support For Adesina by MENELIIK: 6:02pm On May 29, 2020
Dpharisee:
Igbos will always support quality no matter where you come, we won't ask Adeshina to go and clear himself to any white man who continues to loot our continent like Yoruba Muslims did to Allen Onyema of Air Peace

Osu Jews are not known supporters of Yoruba, if you doubt me ask Namdiot Cownu
Re: AfdB: Peter Obi Declares Support For Adesina by SoNature(m): 6:03pm On May 29, 2020
dynicks:
OSIBANJO/OBI for PRESIDENT AND VICE PRESIDENT 2023......

Don't know how it's gonno happen but I keep seeing it turn out that way...

don't know y this combo keeps resounding in my head!!....

Two persons from South or North cannot be president and vice president at the same time

1 Like

Re: AfdB: Peter Obi Declares Support For Adesina by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 29, 2020
Fellow Nigerians/africans, learn to support your own. If adesina was an American, the u.s govt will support him at all cost.. we should not allow yourselves to be dictated to by any government or people. Its an insult for the united states to tell a continent approximately 4 times her size what to do. We will not allow ourselves to be divided and conquered by anybody!!.. Adesina is well educated, and in our view, he is doing the right thing..Bleep the rest.
Re: AfdB: Peter Obi Declares Support For Adesina by ajl: 6:08pm On May 29, 2020
Dee60:

Dr Adesina has a lot of dreams and accomplishments. He has done a good thing to step aside for an investigation to be carried out and hopefully he will be cleared again. I however will not buy these politically motivated support flying around. Nigeria is so terribly corrupt (courtesy of our old politicians) that even Covid funds are now being investigated and it is about time we start to raise the bar if we ever want to make significant progress.

Barrack Obama is black. He contested twice in white dominated America and won twice as president of the most powerful state on the planet. He was wise. He knew that being black will attract a lot of scrutiny so he made up his mind not to allow things that could bring him into a question, knowing that the world is by far unfair to blacks.

I hope that Dr Adesina scales through and shames his detractors and by so doing lend credence to the fact that Africans can manage ourselves. Who knows, may be this is a blessing in disguise to further shine his image and prepare him for even better leadership roles.

Leave that story about Obama. They did not allow him do 10% of what he planned to do. We all know the story. He was just figure head. Most presidents are figure heads anyway.
Re: AfdB: Peter Obi Declares Support For Adesina by SoNature(m): 6:09pm On May 29, 2020
maestroferddi:
Mrs Chinelo Anohu-Amaizu was the CEO of the national pension management outfit (PenCom) before Buhari showed up...

So dont make it look like the lady was a nobody before she was hired at AfDB...

What's wrong with you people?

The fact remains that Adesina gave her a job at the Bank.
Re: AfdB: Peter Obi Declares Support For Adesina by slivertongue: 6:10pm On May 29, 2020
Dee60:

Dr Adesina has a lot of dreams and accomplishments. He has done a good thing to step aside for an investigation to be carried out and hopefully he will be cleared again. I however will not buy these politically motivated support flying around. Nigeria is so terribly corrupt (courtesy of our old politicians) that even Covid funds are now being investigated and it is about time we start to raise the bar if we ever want to make significant progress.

Barrack Obama is black. He contested twice in white dominated America and won twice as president of the most powerful state on the planet. He was wise. He knew that being black will attract a lot of scrutiny so he made up his mind not to allow things that could bring him into a question, knowing that the world is by far unfair to blacks.

I hope that Dr Adesina scales through and shames his detractors and by so doing lend credence to the fact that Africans can manage ourselves. Who knows, may be this is a blessing in disguise to further shine his image and prepare him for even better leadership roles.

well said
Re: AfdB: Peter Obi Declares Support For Adesina by Subzero047: 6:10pm On May 29, 2020
MikkySexy23:
And 'WHO' is Peter Obi? An infinitesimal number in the on-going equation...

Who are you? A non-entity in nairaland

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kano Political Mishap Threatens Tinubu / Gunmen Kill Four In Anambra, Police Intensify Patrol / Tinubu Holds Town Hall Meeting With Market Women In Abuja (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.