Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? (21007 Views)

How To Stream Videos With Etisalat Paygo Trick / Did Mtn Migrate You From Paygo To Family & Friends / MTN PayGo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by mrtonero: 11:18pm On Jan 21, 2011
Is like MTN is trying to wakeup from their slumber.  Or may be there tank is filled up. I love the price war.  I tried the Magic Number concept, it rocks.
I got this email from MTN.
Dear Esteemed Customer,
You are one of our identified high value customers, and it therefore pleases me to personally inform you of the most recent value offering from MTN Nigeria. It is an offer of true value! It means instant connections to your loved ones and call rates that are first-of-a-kind, never-done-before in the history of telecommunications in Nigeria.
From absolutely free calls to and from your loved one to lowest first minute call rates, you will once again receive from MTN, the value you deserve – transparent rates without hidden charges or access fees.
That’s because, at MTN, we believe that you deserve true value, the kind that enriches your life in tangible ways, the kind that continues to inspire us to set the pace in Nigerian telecommunications as we have done for 10 years now.
By the same token, we believe that true value also goes beyond offering you the lowest rates in the telecoms market. It includes the most extensive nationwide coverage that serves over 35 million Nigerians in 2, 394 cities, towns and villages. It includes the widest 3G network coverage translating to affordable, high-speed internet services wherever business and pleasure take you. It includes 292 CSR projects sites in all 36 states of Nigeria including the FCT and myriads of sponsorship initiatives in sports, music and several fields of endeavor. Today, it also includes two revolutionary tariff plans - revolutionary because they will significantly enrich your treasured relationships and change the face of Nigerian telecommunications once again.
Indeed, this change is one that everyone can experience in a tangible way. Everyone can enjoy the unbeatable value of the MTN Magic Number, because it is available on both plans.  Everyone can make free calls to and from one number for 30 whole days and nights!
For those who make long calls, MTN Talk-On ensures that both your conversations and purse strings remain unbroken! This is because it offers the lowest first minute call rate in the market and an incredible 25k per second for the rest of the day.
For most of us who want to keep our valuable relationships on the front burner this year, then MTN Family & Friends is just perfect! This is because with MTN Family & Friends, you can make calls at 20k per second only to six (6) registered numbers including one international number and one number from another network. In addition, you can still enjoy   free midnight calls to all MTN numbers. No hidden charges or access fees of any sort. Now that’s true value.
As we mark our 10th anniversary, we commit to always offering this kind of value, the kind that enriches lives and ensures the service that you deserve.
Take my word for it. 

Warm Regards,

Ahmad Farroukh

CEO
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by poweredcom(m): 12:10am On Jan 22, 2011
What is MTN Family & Friends?

MTN Family & Friends is a service that is exclusive to the MTN PayGo plan.

MTN Family & Friends allows you register:

Four (4) MTN numbers
One (1) other GSM network number
One (1) US or Canadian number

You can then call all these numbers at 20kobo/sec right from the first minute.

Please note that you will be charged at normal MTN PayGo rates for calls to numbers that you do not register as your MTN Family & Friends numbers.

Also you will be charged at normal MTN Pay Go rates for calls to all other networks.

If you are on MTN TalkOn, you will not be able to use the MTN Family & Friends service.

However, as soon as you move back to MTN PayGo by texting 400 to 131, you will be able to enjoy true value!

Omo so no more fun link again omo dis one na Guy MTN dey Guy us oo We be Mugu
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by manneth: 12:14am On Jan 22, 2011
it seems they want recover the money spent in hosting the world cup
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by donaremu(m): 12:15am On Jan 22, 2011
Hello all,

The Paygo by MTNN is their way of responding to the competitive Nigeria market:
[url]Etisalats Easylife package [/http://www.etisalat.com.ng/easylife.php] (that allow users to make calls at 25kobo per second with 20 naira daily rental )
[url]Airtel 2good [http://www.ng.airtel.com/Personal/Airtel2Good.aspx] (that allow subscribers to make call at 36naira for first minute and 20kobo per second).
and Globacom's [url]More Prime[/http://www.gloworld.com/prepaid_moreprime.asp] (that allows subscribers to make calls at 18mins)

Happy moment for Nigerians since we are very sensitive to tariffs. We should expect more drops in tariffs until a stage of uniformity will be reached where tariffs will almost be the same across all telecoms operators.
Lets enjoy this Price War.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by donaremu(m): 12:22am On Jan 22, 2011
poweredcom:

Omo so no more fun link again omo dis one na Guy MTN dey Guy us oo We be Mugu

All the existing bundles are still avaliable, the Paygo package works well with existing packages.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by Kingjames(m): 1:29am On Jan 22, 2011
From this day, I bench my mtn sim. Her role will only be that of receiving incoming calls till 90 days validity period do us apart. Unless d thieving network change their mind and review this arrogant tarrif. Paygo my foot.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by etaurus(m): 1:39am On Jan 22, 2011
Just discovered mine is changed too. This MTN sef undecided
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by otokx(m): 2:24am On Jan 22, 2011
MTN should continue beating the air.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by Liyola(m): 4:56am On Jan 22, 2011
This rubbish § they are very stupid, hw culd dey go ahead § change my tarrif plan in my account withowt any notification, i can't blame dem, we dnt av gud government in 9ja, suppose we had one, NCC should take d next step § fyt 4 us buh dem[NCC] self don collect deir own[bribe] shares.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by Bolddy(m): 7:00am On Jan 22, 2011
Rather than calling the MTN customer service helpdesk 180,I always refer sending email to their email contact and its save the stress.try it if u really have a real issue customerservice@mtnnigeria.net.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by Irk(m): 7:10am On Jan 22, 2011
Mtn is authoritative
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by MMM2(m): 7:24am On Jan 22, 2011
i think u need 2 sue mtn 4 migrate u from xtraconnect 2 paygo without ur concept.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by xplode556: 7:37am On Jan 22, 2011
MTN why not calls to all network, stingy network
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by rman: 8:11am On Jan 22, 2011
Nigerian's are so ignorant
These new plans are actually cheaper and better than the old one and people are complaining why are they being migrated.
There is a corresponding new plan for and old plan eg XTRACONNECT IS NOW PAYGO,

If they have responded to competition isn't that better for you as a customer?
What most people don't know is that if they continue to reduce prices, the first set of company to go out of bussiness will be your beloved Etisalat and co. Mind you there is a level at which prices can no longer be reduced because everyone is here to make profit in a bussiness environment that is not so friendly.
Talk is not cheap in a country where all sites and switches are being powered 24/7 by gens. Mind you they still contend with vandals alsmost on a daily basis(these factors affect all operators)

The major reason why others reduce tariff first is just to get people to migratate to their network, so as to get more on net calls and pay less interconnect rate to a competitor. If you have anyone at all that understands the bussiness, they will actually let you know that MTN has the best network in Nigeria( in terms of capacity, quality and coverage). And their prices are also competitive.

Etisalat, Airtel, GLO and MTN are all doing the same thing, trying to make profit.
We should also kgve kudos to companies that reduce tariff almost on a yearly basis without any significant improvement in the business environment in which they operate.
Deep down, I know Nigerian's don't like to pay for services and they wouldn't mind running them down so they can go the way of NITEL, then we can all go back to the era of phone for the rich.

For me what MTN has done is comendable.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by blackrules1(m): 8:50am On Jan 22, 2011
M M M:

i think u need 2 sue mtn 4 migrate u from xtraconnect 2 paygo without your concept.

concept ?
Easy boss.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by mrofficial(m): 8:53am On Jan 22, 2011
^^ lwkmd
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by mcnepow(m): 9:18am On Jan 22, 2011
M M M:

i think u need 2 sue mtn 4 migrate u from xtraconnect 2 paygo without your concept.
In Naija, its easier said than done my broda.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by Bolddy(m): 9:19am On Jan 22, 2011
@rman
i totally agree with you.
what MTN has done is comendable.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by donaremu(m): 10:14am On Jan 22, 2011
@RM AN,

Nice One, I think people fear what they do not understand, I have explained earlier that subscribers should be grateful about this Price War. And again, the existing bundles; FUN LINK, HAPPY LINK etc are still available to subscribers.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by hallengray(m): 10:28am On Jan 22, 2011
it pains me i find it hard to change my line.ths MTN de scam me nw.i cannt even register UK numbers.scam scam mtn.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by bechex(m): 11:41am On Jan 22, 2011
Hello Peeps, its seems quite a lot of us dont understand the Paygo and Talkon tarrif plan.
Just visit the website and read up for yourself. Ignorance is not bliss, The Price war has just Started.
I commend MTN for this. Others will follow i believe,
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by 5STAR(m): 12:19pm On Jan 22, 2011
These new plans are actually cheaper and better than the old one and people are complaining why are they being migrated.

What most people don't know is that if they continue to reduce prices, the first set of company to go out of bussiness will be your beloved Etisalat and co. Mind you there is a level at which prices can no longer be reduced because everyone is here to make profit in a bussiness environment that is not so friendly.
Talk is not cheap in a country where all sites and switches are being powered 24/7 by gens. Mind you they still contend with vandals alsmost on a daily basis(these factors affect all operators)

The major reason why others reduce tariff first is just to get people to migratate to their network, so as to get more on net calls and pay less interconnect rate to a competitor. If you have anyone at all that understands the bussiness, they will actually let you know that MTN has the best network in Nigeria( in terms of capacity, quality and coverage). And their prices are also competitive.

Etisalat, Airtel, GLO and MTN are all doing the same thing, trying to make profit.
[sub][sup]We should also kgve kudos to companies that reduce tariff almost on a yearly basis without any significant improvement in the business environment in which they operate.
Deep down, I know Nigerian's don't like to pay for services and they wouldn't mind running them down so they can go the way of NITEL, then we can all go back to the era of phone for the rich.

[/quote
rman:

True talk, i will take advantage of that magic number tingy oh!, i no fit shout, grin
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by GoodDon: 12:54pm On Jan 22, 2011
@ r man,

Well said.Healthy competition is good,provided that the operators can still break even.I envisage further reduction in price when power becomes stable in Nigeria.Fellow NLs,you will agree with me that N250/month for unlimited free calls to one special number is really a good deal.Isnt it?
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by ITbomb(m): 1:37pm On Jan 22, 2011
MTN PAYGO
MTN-to-MTN = 50 kobo per second

Other Voice Calls
MTN-to-Other: 58 kobo per second

West and Central Africa:
53 kobo per second

MTN Group Networks:
58 kobo per second

International Zone 1:
67 kobo per second

Zone 2 - Small Island:
NGN1.25 per second

Zone 3 - Satellite and Thuraya:
NGN11.67 per second

I surprise people are still subscribing to this sh!t, when i'm on N12 to any network on my FREEDOM NETWORK - AIRTEL
LOOK HOW THEY PUSH YOU ALL ONE MORNING TO 'WHO KNOW WHERE' LOL
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by Dumsky(m): 1:40pm On Jan 22, 2011
Interesting comments here both from the concerned general public of nairalanders and mtn loyalists, some actually sounded more like employees than loyalists. Anyways, that not my reasing for deciding to post a comment.

Firstly, some of us seem to be missing the general point. People are not saying what mtn has done by reducing tarrifs is not commendable, what they are saying is that their actions while trying to play catch up has been overtaken by events. Being the last to join the tarrif slashing aprty and not offering something as attractive as those that came in before you does not seem to signify breakthrough thinking in my opinion, i however stand to be corrected. The only breakthrough thing they seem to have done is markketing their products on other platforms like mass sms to sirtel lines. I've gotten these sms just like i got one about 3 weekes agao saying i could make calls at 25k/ second. I made the calls and checked my balance and i was being charged old rate(which by the way is the most expensive in Nigeria even for on-net calls). I put a call through to customer care and the reciever confirms the sms came from mtn but wasn't for everyone and says it takes 24hrs to be effective. 48hrs later i was still being charged the same old rate so i give up and go back to good old etisalat/airtel. The pointba lot of people have made here is MTN has integrity issues and i agree, rather than try to call people stupid, i think MTN should try and address  this hey issue afterall whether anyone believes it or not, the customer is always king

Secondly, people believe they should have the right to choose to migrate to platforms. I believe a good product will always sell itself sooner or later so maybe MTN should start believing in that too.

and finally, posting comments to say nihgerians are ungrateful or unsavoury things like that for airing their genuine concerns would not encourage them to saty, rather it'll give them more reasons to dump the network. Truth is MTN started this revolution of dynamic product marketing when Bola Akingbade took over, however they've been relegated to the background and their refusing to see accept that reality. It's only a matter of time before we know whether the nigerian public has been right or wrong all along. The magic number concept is really not knew as CDMA companies pioneered by starcomms started the VPN revolution and you can call a whole lot of numbers month long for a fixed price and the internet products MTN offers still has a lot of people complaining. Is trhe company really listening and feeling the pulse of its teeming customers
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by jle(f): 2:28pm On Jan 22, 2011
I will never be moved by this so called mtn paygo,i rather stick to my airtel where there is no long grammar.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by ayusman16(m): 2:37pm On Jan 22, 2011
no be force nw. stick 2 ur network if u r comfortable. 4 me, d magic number thing sure rocks! mtn dis is d best so far.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by COMPAQ(m): 2:37pm On Jan 22, 2011
As far as I'm concerned, MTN's plans are too complicated. Why not just reduce tarrifs simple!! I can't spare the time to be remembering which numbers i have as my four for20k/sec etc. Airtel is 20k/sec for all numbers. That works with me men!!!
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by ayusman16(m): 2:51pm On Jan 22, 2011
Good 4 u bro! Magic number is what works 4 me in MTN. We all cant be on d same level.!
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by etaurus(m): 4:08pm On Jan 22, 2011
It is better MTN reduce the tariff rates rather than introducing one silly day free call. Anyway it is a profit amassing scheme (PAS). Who will blame them?
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by ziccoit: 4:33pm On Jan 22, 2011
rman:

What most people don't know is that if they continue to reduce prices, the first set of company to go out of bussiness will be your beloved Etisalat and co. Mind you there is a level at which prices can no longer be reduced because everyone is here to make  profit in a bussiness environment that is not so friendly.

We should also kgve kudos to companies that reduce tariff almost on a yearly basis without any significant improvement in the business environment in which they operate.

How do you mean "Nigerians are ignorant" because they ask for their right? Why should MTN change the service agreement without my prior knowledge? When entering into any tariff plan the conclusion always goes that "terms and conditions applied" Is it part of the applied "terms and condition" for someone to sit behind a computer and make change to my sim with a click of botton without my prior knowledge?

Who erroneously concluded it was impossible for the subscribers to enjoy per-seconds tariff plans? Who asked the Nigerians to go to hell that SIM would always cost between N20,000-40,000 for a long time to come? Who reported that the profit generated within 6 months of initial service in Nigeria was more than what was made in South Africa in 5 solid years, even with so small a number of subscribers compare to what it has now? Who controlled the largest number of subscribers.

After 1999 when Chameleon Airtel and MTN came up Nigerians were promised a call rate of N5/min after 3 years of monopolistic service. They enjoyed the monopoly just to help them grow and make their profit. The Glo was only allowed to come up under indigenous agreement, hence Glo would not have been allowed then.

Who revolutionize the mobile telecommunication industry. Who has always been giving MTN the run of its life? Who made Nigerians realise mobile phone is not a preserve of the riches? Who now at the fore front of innovations?

Do you know the problem of Nigerian? We think these telecommunication industries are "helping" us not “ignorant” as you thought.

That is why a customer care representative would never be sensitive to your plights and always handle your complaints without cautions.

That is why after 3 years we do not ask them to make good their promises. The problem is not of "harsh" business environment rather of carelessness of the rulers and the ruled. The rulers do not feel the pain because they have money, they do not work for in the first place, to pay for the exorbitant charges. The ruled too do not ask for their right.

What harsh conditions are in existence that were not there when MTN started operation in Nigeria. Besides they are still using the same mast etc. Instead of having what is obtainable in other African countries we are only been deceived and presented with thrash day in day out.

I wished Nigerians were like people in developed world rising to ask for their rights MTN would have regretted what it is doing nowadays and lost billions of Naira in two days.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by Efizey(m): 5:20pm On Jan 22, 2011
grin,,,,,,,,,, iiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnffffffffffffffffaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccccccttttttttttttttttttttttt               iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii     ccccccccccccccccccccccccaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn           nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww tttttttttttttttttttttttttaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllkkkkkkkkkkkkk                 wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwttttttttttttttttttttt        my gggggggggggggggggggggggiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlllllllllllllllllllllllllll    44444444444              fffffffffffffffffffrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee           iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn           aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa       montttttttttttttttttthhhhhhhhhh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba / New Glo Data Plan - Get 1.2gb For N200 And 6gb For N1000 / Why Smartphone Batteries Explode And How To Prevent It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.