Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,244 members, 7,811,687 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

"My Mum Does Not Want Me To Marry Her Friends Daughter" - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "My Mum Does Not Want Me To Marry Her Friends Daughter" (2320 Views)

My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House / They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused / Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"My Mum Does Not Want Me To Marry Her Friends Daughter" by Juliusdaughter: 10:32pm On May 30, 2020
This is what my boyfriend said to me when I asked about his relationship status before I went into the relationship with him, he said hes recent ex is the daughter of his mummy's friend and the only reason his mummy does nor want them together is because she is not about to let their relationship(my boyfriend and the lady) ruin the friendship she has with the mother of the lady in case things dont go as planned between them.

I recently got to find out he is still talking to the lady and because of that I have not been in talking terms with him. I dont know what to do, he keeps saying he loves me and he is not with her anymore because of what his mum said.

I dont want to break up with him just yet for this, he is the only guy that I have been with that knows how to say he is sorry, he always asks what the problem is and want us to talk about it. He doesnt come across as a proud person, he listens to me but I find him a bit traditional.
I have also told him no sex until I get to meet his mum and she gives her approval, he also do not have a problem with this.
What do I do please
Re: "My Mum Does Not Want Me To Marry Her Friends Daughter" by SweetCunt97(f): 10:36pm On May 30, 2020
Continue living and hope for the best
Re: "My Mum Does Not Want Me To Marry Her Friends Daughter" by Freestainworld(m): 10:39pm On May 30, 2020
get to know him more, especially family wise
Re: "My Mum Does Not Want Me To Marry Her Friends Daughter" by AngelicDamsel(f): 10:45pm On May 30, 2020
Follow your heart.
Re: "My Mum Does Not Want Me To Marry Her Friends Daughter" by Ningen(m): 10:48pm On May 30, 2020
I recently got to find out he is still talking to the lady and because of that I have not been in talking terms with him.

So you want to end things or what??
Shit. Your are definitely insecure & clinging.

Eventhough he's in a relationship with you, he is still his own person. He should be able to talk to his ex or anyone he want as long as he is being honest about it. Or is there something extra??

4 Likes

Re: "My Mum Does Not Want Me To Marry Her Friends Daughter" by thorpido(m): 10:48pm On May 30, 2020
Don't break up with him just yet but keep your mind alert and don't get played.

1 Like

Re: "My Mum Does Not Want Me To Marry Her Friends Daughter" by Juliusdaughter: 10:53pm On May 30, 2020
Ningen:

So you want to end things or what??
Shit. Your are definitely insecure & clinging.

Eventhough he's in a relationship with you, he is still his own person. He should be able to talk to his ex or anyone he want as long as he is being honest about it. Or is there something extra??
I have been in this situation before. The guy lied to me about how his mum wont allow him marry from my town, only to see on social media that he got married to 'a friend' he told me about, this friend also happens to be the lady he told me about when I asked about his relationship status.
I'm just trying to be careful.
Re: "My Mum Does Not Want Me To Marry Her Friends Daughter" by annex1: 11:03pm On May 30, 2020
Juliusdaughter:
he is the only guy that I have been with that knows how to say he is sorry

LoL
Re: "My Mum Does Not Want Me To Marry Her Friends Daughter" by Juliusdaughter: 11:16pm On May 30, 2020
annex1:

LoL
Why are you laughing smiley
Re: "My Mum Does Not Want Me To Marry Her Friends Daughter" by Ningen(m): 11:52pm On May 30, 2020
Juliusdaughter:

I have been in this situation before. The guy lied to me about how his mum wont allow him marry from my town, only to see on social media that he got married to 'a friend' he told me about, this friend also happens to be the lady he told me about when I asked about his relationship status.
I'm just trying to be careful.

Cutting off communication is just unfair.
If you are afraid to trust him; it's time to let go.

But... you're hesitating.
So talk to him. Let him know your position.

While you can't make him “stop” talking to his ex, you can walk from all this stress and worry.

Sorry about your past.

1 Like

Re: "My Mum Does Not Want Me To Marry Her Friends Daughter" by bukatyne(f): 12:51am On May 31, 2020
Juliusdaughter:
This is what my boyfriend said to me when I asked about his relationship status before I went into the relationship with him, he said hes recent ex is the daughter of his mummy's friend and the only reason his mummy does nor want them together is because she is not about to let their relationship(my boyfriend and the lady) ruin the friendship she has with the mother of the lady in case things dont go as planned between them.

I recently got to find out he is still talking to the lady and because of that I have not been in talking terms with him. I dont know what to do, he keeps saying he loves me and he is not with her anymore because of what his mum said.

I dont want to break up with him just yet for this, he is the only guy that I have been with that knows how to say he is sorry, he always asks what the problem is and want us to talk about it. He doesnt come across as a proud person, he listens to me but I find him a bit traditional.
I have also told him no sex until I get to meet his mum and she gives her approval, he also do not have a problem with this.
What do I do please

He is not with his ex because his mother doesn't want them together.

This means he still has feelings for her (communication lines beyond your comfort level) is open.

I think you are a rebound girl and while he might not end your relationship for her, he could still be sneaking behind your back.

Communicate and iron out issues and decide if it is stay or waka.

You determine what are deal breakers for you.

P. S. Traditional in what sense?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "My Mum Does Not Want Me To Marry Her Friends Daughter" by tobechi74: 1:40am On May 31, 2020
she knows something you do not
Re: "My Mum Does Not Want Me To Marry Her Friends Daughter" by chiefmc: 1:43am On May 31, 2020
Good evening, please chat me up if you know printing business very well, I mean the entire value chain of printing and branding. Also very good graphic designers are also requested to chat me up. We need to work together for a new project
Re: "My Mum Does Not Want Me To Marry Her Friends Daughter" by Chicent(m): 3:49am On May 31, 2020
So if his mum gives approval then you will give him free sex until he gets tired and go back to the one he truly loves when its time. Kontinue

4 Likes

Re: "My Mum Does Not Want Me To Marry Her Friends Daughter" by StubbornGENIUS: 3:53am On May 31, 2020
The Gee will be hoping for mum's sharp approval so that he can start eating the forbidden truth.In any case,I believe you are old enough to take your own decisions.
Re: "My Mum Does Not Want Me To Marry Her Friends Daughter" by Juliusdaughter: 6:19am On May 31, 2020
Chicent:
So if his mum gives approval then you will give him free sex until he gets tired and go back to the one he truly loves when its time. Kontinue
His mum is not in the same town with us. This is like buying time too, I'll get to know him without sex messing things up. The lady already knows the stand of his mum as per their relationship
Re: "My Mum Does Not Want Me To Marry Her Friends Daughter" by Amanee(f): 7:23am On May 31, 2020
Your actions are already in the right place, try to stick to them and see them through.

But be sure that you really want this guy enough to play second fiddle forever (if need be) because what if he never gets over his ex. Even if his mother approves of you, you cannot wipe away his relationship with his ex by just being the chosen one. Be very sure that you can stay with a man who is constantly looking back, wondering 'what if' even when he's with you.

3 Likes

Re: "My Mum Does Not Want Me To Marry Her Friends Daughter" by Chicent(m): 9:04am On May 31, 2020
Juliusdaughter:

His mum is not in the same town with us. This is like buying time too, I'll get to know him without sex messing things up. The lady already knows the stand of his mum as per their relationship

And you won't mind if and when he gets it outside from someone else.... Mind you he still loves the other gal and its only a matter of time before his mother changes her mind... Keep buying time... hope its for your good. #Peace

1 Like

Re: "My Mum Does Not Want Me To Marry Her Friends Daughter" by Juliusdaughter: 9:51am On May 31, 2020
Chicent:

And you won't mind if and when he gets it outside from someone else.... Mind you he still loves the other gal and its only a matter of time before his mother changes her mind... Keep buying time... hope its for your good. #Peace
Thank you

1 Like

Re: "My Mum Does Not Want Me To Marry Her Friends Daughter" by Juliusdaughter: 9:54am On May 31, 2020
Amanee:
Your actions are already in the right place, try to stick to them and see them through.

But be sure that you really want this guy enough to play second fiddle forever (if need be) because what if he never gets over his ex. Even if his mother approves of you, you cannot wipe away his relationship with his ex by just being the chosen one. Be very sure that you can stay with a man who is constantly looking back, wondering 'what if' even when he's with you.
It's true that I might not be able to wipe the relationship, both of them have been friends before they decided to date until his mum said she cannot approve them getting married because of the friendship between both mothers
Re: "My Mum Does Not Want Me To Marry Her Friends Daughter" by Juliusdaughter: 9:59am On May 31, 2020
bukatyne:

He is not with his ex because his mother doesn't want them together.

This means he still has feelings for her (communication lines beyond your comfort level) is open.

I think you are a rebound girl and while he might not end your relationship for her, he could still be sneaking behind your back.

Communicate and iron out issues and decide if it is stay or waka.

You determine what are deal breakers for you.

P. S. Traditional in what sense?
Thank you.
Traditional in the sense that it is the upmost duty of a woman to run the home(cook, clean, laundry), maybe once in a while assistance from the man. I feel as young couple these are things we should be able to do together. And he does not mind me being in charge of the finance(his salary)
Re: "My Mum Does Not Want Me To Marry Her Friends Daughter" by merieam16(f): 11:02am On May 31, 2020
Be careful nd prayerful
Re: "My Mum Does Not Want Me To Marry Her Friends Daughter" by dominique(f): 11:21am On May 31, 2020
Never go into a relationship knowing you were the 2nd option, especially if the first option is still very much available. It doesn't always end in praise

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "My Mum Does Not Want Me To Marry Her Friends Daughter" by bukatyne(f): 11:38am On May 31, 2020
Juliusdaughter:

Thank you.
Traditional in the sense that it is the upmost duty of a woman to run the home(cook, clean, laundry), maybe once in a while assistance from the man. I feel as young couple these are things we should be able to do together. And he does not mind me being in charge of the finance(his salary)

So he
1. Believes a wife should be solely responsible for the domestic affairs
2. Believes a wife should be in charge of the finances.

What are his thoughts about childcare? Decision making? Outlook of the home? etc.
Is he fine with a maid? Are you fine with a maid?
What do you think about domestic affairs, finances and childcare?
Re: "My Mum Does Not Want Me To Marry Her Friends Daughter" by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 31, 2020
dominique:
Never go into a relationship knowing you were the 2nd option, especially if the first option is still very much available. It doesn't always end in praise
But at the end of the day, someone has to go before we can come in. Except for people that married their first love, there is always an ex before you meet the special person. What if it is genotype incompatibility

1 Like

Re: "My Mum Does Not Want Me To Marry Her Friends Daughter" by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 31, 2020
What If his mum changes his mind abt his ex do u think he will choose u over her? Use the Answer to this question to determine ur stand.
Re: "My Mum Does Not Want Me To Marry Her Friends Daughter" by infogenius(m): 2:26pm On May 31, 2020
Op
You just have to stick with till you meet his mum.
However, it's only on a condition that he wants to marry u, otherwise, find ur way.

1 Like

Re: "My Mum Does Not Want Me To Marry Her Friends Daughter" by dominique(f): 2:26pm On May 31, 2020
rockstarB:

But at the end of the day, someone has to go before we can come in. Except for people that married their first love, there is always an ex before you meet the special person. What if it is genotype incompatibility

Couples going their separate ways on their own terms is totally different from couples who were put apart by circumstances beyond their control. They will still find ways to meet up behind their partners. Dating such person will make you feel like the outsider in your own relationship

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: "My Mum Does Not Want Me To Marry Her Friends Daughter" by Nobody: 3:22pm On May 31, 2020
I don't trust that his mother. I have this feeling that your boyfriend and his exgirlfriend have the same biological father. grin

Several mothers stop their sons from marrying certain girls not because of the silly reasons they give but because they have a secret to protect.
Re: "My Mum Does Not Want Me To Marry Her Friends Daughter" by jgbemson1: 12:07am On Jun 01, 2020
chiefmc:
Good evening, please chat me up if you know printing business very well, I mean the entire value chain of printing and branding. Also very good graphic designers are also requested to chat me up. We need to work together for a new project

Please drop ur number to link u up with a friend...

Or u can chat him 08029098804
He is a good guy
Re: "My Mum Does Not Want Me To Marry Her Friends Daughter" by Gloriagee(f): 5:14am On Jun 01, 2020
Conspiracy theorist shocked

J111333:
I don't trust that his mother. I have this feeling that your boyfriend and his exgirlfriend have the same biological father. grin

Several mothers stop their sons from marrying certain girls not because of the silly reasons they give but because they have a secret to protect.

Re: "My Mum Does Not Want Me To Marry Her Friends Daughter" by Nobody: 8:05am On Jun 01, 2020
How old is the boy man?
Cos i don't understand how a 27+ years old guy will wait for his mother's decision on who to marry.

Like, wtf?

So, he's not looking after himself but his mum?

Is this the case of a mummy's boy or a scruple?

Last last, you go de alright

(1) (Reply)

Deciding To Love Or Falling In Love / Cheap Used Household Items For Sale / Can Baby Walkers Give Them Bow Legs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.