Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) (69752 Views)

627 New COVID-19 Cases, 397 Discharged And 12 Deaths On June 12 - (2032 Tested) / 416 New COVID-19 Cases, 115 Discharged And 12 Deaths On June 1 - ( 2003 Tested) / COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by Aystarz: 6:29am On May 31, 2020
Slynation:
This ones just wanna instigate fear in Nigeria so people can take it more serious... grin But i can assure them it's working anyways

No it's not working. The vast majority of Nigerians have seen through their propaganda. Better believe that.

1 Like

Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by Nobody: 6:30am On May 31, 2020
SmartProf:
And once they hear that Europe and the USA are opening up their aviation sectors and others, without an honest appraisal of if they have done exactly what these countries have done to contain the virus, they also have began announcing how they will also open up

Our polithiefcians lack the intellectual and mental capacity of a leader. That's why they always copy the Western contries without thinking about our peculiarity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by INCREDIBLE007(m): 6:31am On May 31, 2020
365naira:
I really want to be one of the cases of Covid, i am writing in anticipation that this virua will locate me, I really want die one way or the other, please Covid see me here, come carry my breath away i am tired of waking up the next day.

there is hope man
don't give up
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by keko14: 6:35am On May 31, 2020
365naira:
I really want to be one of the cases of Covid, i am writing in anticipation that this virua will locate me, I really want die one way or the other, please Covid see me here, come carry my breath away i am tired of waking up the next day.

You have more reason to wake up each day.....forget the govt and pray for a better life for urself....God bless you
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by 77up(m): 6:52am On May 31, 2020
365naira:
That is your choice but upon millions way to die even just within seconds, na covid19 you dey wait? Lagoon dey o, snipers dey o, rope dey o, electric socket no dey your room? You can even locate the nearest zoo in your area ,just jump into lion cage, with that, you do well...... Stinking attention seeker angry

An average nigerians are right now an angry people, so to say everyone no matter how rich or poor you are must have one or two things he or she's battling with so , coming to social media to announce how you are ready to die you think will earn you what exactly? You better get yourself together and face your challenges and don't let it defeat you.

We all shall pull through, this present situation, we go win oo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by Bsmartt(m): 6:53am On May 31, 2020
This is probably due to the increased testing capacity.
Nigeria now has about 29 molecular laboratories compared to just 4 or thereabout few months ago.

But this result is scary.
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by Igbojihadist: 7:03am On May 31, 2020
abeg coro way dey naija na scam if u doubt me how many isolation center do we have in lagos and what is their capacity or where are all this new case kept
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by Angelawhite(m): 7:03am On May 31, 2020
reliavendel:
Nigeria covid19 patients don't need ventilators, that's why even though USA have not delivered the promised ventilators, no one is talking about buying any. Because there is no one at the isolation center in critical condition gasping for breath.

Dokpesi that spent several days at Abuja's isolation center suspected that the people there had malaria and not covid19 because he did not see any patient in critical condition gasping for breath.

If you want to see someone gasping for breath, maybe you can put a family member on the front line. Maybe they’ll contract the virus. Maybe you will see someone gasping for breath. Maybe you’ll call it malaria
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by Obidon1(m): 7:06am On May 31, 2020
Inec results
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by samsard(m): 7:10am On May 31, 2020
reliavendel:
Nigeria covid19 patients don't need ventilators, that's why even though USA have not delivered the promised ventilators, no one is talking about buying any. Because there is no one at the isolation center in critical condition gasping for breath.

Dokpesi that spent several days at Abuja's isolation center suspected that the people there had malaria and not covid19 because he did not see any patient in critical condition gasping for breath.
Only a small percentage of covid19 patients will ever need a ventilator. I think Nigerians are ungrateful. Brazil's president was crazy enough to dismiss the virus and now they have one of the highest cases. Here you guys have a government that takes something serious for once and all y'all do is sit behind your keyboards to spin conspiracy theories. Just unbelievable.

2 Likes

Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by AdaoraNK(f): 7:17am On May 31, 2020
365naira:

Why would you make such comment? Please withdraw it.
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by Nobody: 7:17am On May 31, 2020
myenvironalert:
He who sleeps scratching his anus must be ready to wake up to smelly fingers.

I still remember how lagosian flooded the streets like chickens after the lock down was lifted, violating social distancing orders, some, without Nosemasks.

E Don dey clear now! cheesy

bro calm down there is nothing like covid 19 in nigeria if there really is im sure its harmless
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by nakoks(m): 7:18am On May 31, 2020
Poorboy:
People incharge of NCDC and those enjoying the allowances that comes, they won't allow the figures to come down, just writing what they like as figures.

The current ease of lockdown will end on Monday, so by releasing this number Government will still have to lockdown for their selfish gain

Lagos trying to justify the 10 billion collected, with the figures did they empty Chinese with covid19 in Lagos?

In Nigeria supposed covid19 will not end soon, unless the whole world announce there's no covid19 again.

What is real you will know from nairalanders, how many nairalanders have opened thread about them or family members contracting covid19?

Working as a covid19 Frontline health worker is the new gold mine or you call it oil Job. So let them enjoy their loot.

Guy a lot of nairalanders that have contracted it dont have strength to open thread.This shit is REAL

1 Like

Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by drskyfly007(m): 7:18am On May 31, 2020
mespusinglez:
Believe Those Figures at your own Perel�
peril
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by omoadeleye(m): 7:19am On May 31, 2020
myenvironalert:
He who sleeps scratching his anus must be ready to wake up to smelly fingers.

I still remember how lagosian flooded the streets like chickens after the lock down was lifted, violating social distancing orders, some, without Nosemasks.

E Don dey clear now! cheesy

Lol, crazy lagosians
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by Odss11: 7:19am On May 31, 2020
...how's Lagos managing it's cases without a fresh lockdown...I suspect wayooi
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by StubbornGENIUS: 7:32am On May 31, 2020
AdaoraNK:

Why would you make such comment? Please withdraw it.
Why are you begging him when it's obvious he doesn't value his life?
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by Babatunde7109(m): 7:32am On May 31, 2020
References:

https://twitter.com/NCDCgov/status/1266865950021861385?s=19

https://covid19.ncdc.gov.ng/

SHM...

At a point, I want to believe all these going on, then some things come up and make me doubt the 'integrity' of trying to believe what I am about to believe. That hurts. It hurts that I have to be in that situation. Are we just seeing the truth about things or otherwise? I don't know!

Speaking about the truth, I began to have ill-feelings about all these inconsistent numbers dropped everyday by NCDC, when the entire country's number of testing capacity and that of Lagos state becomes 'highly' conflictual to me. I mean, they seem not to be statically true, and genuine.

I was watching a news on TVC some few days back and the COVID-19 TF lead in Lagos, Dr Abayomi, said that Lagos has improved testing capacity to like 2000+ per day. I mean, Lagos alone tests about 2000+ individuals per day. That's huge! However, the NCDC usually reports that the entire country tests about 1400+ - maybe that changed on Friday, when they reported to have test about 2000+ individuals.

If Lagos alone could test 2000+ persons per day - and the NCDC still tests about 2000+ or less per day, so what happened to the remaining 35 states and the FCT? Are they not testing up to 100 persons per day? Even if each state tests 100 persons per day then at the end of the day, we should have about 3500+ added to that of Lagos per day. So, who is fooling who? These are questions NCDC needs to answer to prove her credibility to me and if they can't, then I will continue to see them as a body promoting personal interest above public interest - either for themselves or some individuals.

Personal interest in this wise could either be economical or political. It is either they are playing politics with the numbers, or they are being economical to amass the numbers (funds). And the body could be trying to lure the FG to inform another total lockdown, for reasons best known to them. But if I am to say, I would say that they want a total lockdown so that they can become relevant, and highly worshipped as they were from the start. Well, I don't see that happening anymore.

At a point, the Lagos COVID-19 TF made a projection on the rise of cases in Lagos. From their projection, I think they were like, by July or August, we are going to be having about 100,000+ cases in Lagos. And to their projection, Lagos cases have been on the rise, as the Covid-19 hunt on states like Kano, Abuja and Borno is becoming irrelevant. If this is not informed by political reasons or interests, then it has to be for economic reasons or interests.

When you check the news lately, Abuja has become a regular mention on the headlines. People are moving more freely than Lagosians. In fact, people are being arrested at bars, restaurants, and a good number of people have been arrested for interstate travels. So, what's with Abuja - the epicenter of politics, and the safe-haven for politicians ? What's with the Abuja people? Let's say 99.9% of the people are now immune to the virus, right?. It is best to believe that, as the NCDC couldn't give us something to really believe.

Well, it will be better for the NCDC to know now that these numbers doesn't fascinate most Nigerians anymore. They can continue to sell them to our 'clueless' leaders not us. Maybe they need to try harder.

However, it will require dumbness, and irrationality to say that there is no such thing ravaging the health and lives of people. The COVID-19 is indeed existing. But the extent at which it has ravage our country, Nigeria, is what has been lifting eyebrows. Those occupying the spaces of authority cannot be trusted, and the fundamental reason for this is: if Boko Haram could be funded to kill people, and destruct communities, then influencing this pandemic moment will only be a tip of an iceberg.

We can't trust a government that doesn't wants us to trust them. Our trust is quite lucrative, and expensive.

3 Likes

Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by Dcartel(m): 7:33am On May 31, 2020
stainchris:
Scary....... very very scary.
Lagos is gradually going the way of New York City.
This one don pass egungun be careful because the express want to cross the egungun.

Shut up your mouth dia
What is scary?
You join people wey put fear for people body
I believe say you don mature and u still get sense
These people know what dey are doing, now tell me is it whenever the government is getting close to making a final decision on relaxing the lock down that's when the numbers increases and when the announcement is made the numbers goes back to it's previous stage?
Just watch oh after they are done announcing on what the lock down will look like today you see the numbers revolving around 300+ cases.
Use your head bro

1 Like

Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by AdaoraNK(f): 7:34am On May 31, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:
Why are you begging him when it's obvious he doesn't value his life?

Actually not begging him, but words could change him before he does something crazy.
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by ceejeck(m): 7:41am On May 31, 2020
martineverest:
there was a thread on over 20 pages on nairaland few days ago...many Nigerians can no longer use their tongue and nose to smell anymore...that's a sign of corona

angry Should that be true, then all man should go back to the street cos it obviously doesn't kill. Just takes the sense organ we hardly use.

1 Like

Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by solochiben(m): 7:47am On May 31, 2020
RX480:

Coronavirus fatality rate is 0.4%, even lower for people under 50. It will not kill you.

Not if he has underlying health issues

1 Like

Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by andrewtosin(m): 7:48am On May 31, 2020
Happy birthday to you babe.. Your better days are ahead of you and not behind.
OdefaGirl:
This disease will still be a thing of the past....in Jesus name.
Happy birthday to me

1 Like

Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by xynerise: 7:50am On May 31, 2020
AdaoraNK:

Actually not begging him, but words could change him before he does something crazy.

Some of them are indirectly begging for money. When you ask him why he wants to commit suicide, the next thing is I need this amount of money to pay for this and that. Mind you, he has about 50 Nairaland monikers grin
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by martineverest(m): 7:55am On May 31, 2020
ceejeck:

angry Should that be true, then all man should go back to the street cos it obviously doesn't kill. Just takes the sense organ we hardly use.
that's because they don't have underlying sicknesses.
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by AdaoraNK(f): 7:57am On May 31, 2020
xynerise:

Some of them are indirectly begging for money. When you ask him why he wants to commit suicide, the next thing is I need this amount of money to pay for this and that. Mind you, he has about 50 Nairaland monikers grin

Thanks. Well noted
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by nairaland0753: 7:57am On May 31, 2020
365naira:

My dear, truth is we will die in different ways and having covid is not a death sentence but you saying you really want to die is what i still do not comprehend. Please no matter d challenge you may be going through that would make you write this, uhm it is not worth it. The only way out is taking it up unto God, he is always there.
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by Nobody: 8:03am On May 31, 2020
Believe ncdc at ur own .nothing like corona virus in 9ja...
kingazubuike you are a foool
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by alsudaes1(m): 8:05am On May 31, 2020
boookworm:
FTC.

by the way today's results came in late

If you think Yahaya Bello stands to gain something from standing his ground that there's no case of Covid 19 in Kogi state but think the Federal Government doesn't stand to gain anything from inflating the figures of cases recorded per day then you're a bloody hypocrite and not to be taken seriously on nairaland or anywhere for that matter.

Did Kano reduce their testing capacity or what? They've recorded just 15 cases in 3 days meanwhile Edo state that has 3 times less the population of Kano have recorded twice that in two days.

grin grin

Stay safe my people
In fact, the figures from Kano leaves me thinking that something must be wrong somewhere, if it is true the virus spreads at the rate or manner we were told.
How can Lagos, with the enlightenment and measures taken record above 300 and Kano in the past few days and less measures have such less figures. Astonishing!
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by Poorboy: 8:06am On May 31, 2020
nakoks:

Guy a lot of nairalanders that have contracted it dont have strength to open thread.This shit is REAL
who said there's no covid19, what I said is that the numbers don't add up.

The figures released daily is fake
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by MyMouth(m): 8:09am On May 31, 2020
Anytime the Lockdown is about to end, we start seeing high numbers of positive cases, why? undecided
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by seleroms2(m): 8:16am On May 31, 2020
boookworm:
FTC.

by the way today's results came in late

If you think Yahaya Bello stands to gain something from standing his ground that there's no case of Covid 19 in Kogi state but think the Federal Government doesn't stand to gain anything from inflating the figures of cases recorded per day then you're a bloody hypocrite and not to be taken seriously on nairaland or anywhere for that matter.

Did Kano reduce their testing capacity or what? They've recorded just 15 cases in 3 days meanwhile Edo state that has 3 times less the population of Kano have recorded twice that in two days.

grin grin

Stay safe my people
Edo own is political direct vs indirect primaries

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Slept With 180 Prostitutes In 4 Years: Are These Signs & Symptoms Of HIV? / Doctor Treating Italian Man With Coronavirus Doesn't Wear Face Mask, Explains / Do You Have Trypophobia? (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.