Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) (69753 Views)

627 New COVID-19 Cases, 397 Discharged And 12 Deaths On June 12 - (2032 Tested) / 416 New COVID-19 Cases, 115 Discharged And 12 Deaths On June 1 - ( 2003 Tested) / COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by IFNOTGOD(m): 8:16am On May 31, 2020
neyorlmogzy:
It baffles me knowing that someone can just type a bundle of lies, why? Is it that you are mis-informed or that you are just dumb?
First and foremost, Trump sent a total of 1000 ventilators to Nigeria, he gave a news briefing on that last week, you could look it up on YouTube.
Secondly, Dokpesi and his family were never in Lagos, they were in Abuja, gwagwalada to be precise, I am saying this because I work in the hospital where they were isolated, and I did see them everyday.
So please, when you don't know something ask, so you won't mis-inform others on this platform.

stop saying what u don't know, Trump promised 1k ventilators n those have not arrived d country.

you work in one of the isolation centre if I may ask u what is d total.capacity of the isolation centres in Lagos n what is d total no. of positive cases in Lagos cos d last time I checked d present figures have dwarfed d no. of patients d isolation centres in Lagos can hold.

so NCDC should stop dishing out figures.

before u quote me kindly provide d total no. of isolation centres in Lagos n d total no. of active cases in lagos
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by jasontrigga(m): 8:20am On May 31, 2020
I noticed each time the government intend to open up the country
That’s when the figures skyrocket

Are you guys sure NCDC are honest with those figure
And they’re just making fortune out of the situation

2 Likes

Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by fid4fid: 8:20am On May 31, 2020
neyorlmogzy:
It baffles me knowing that someone can just type a bundle of lies, why? Is it that you are mis-informed or that you are just dumb?
First and foremost, Trump sent a total of 1000 ventilators to Nigeria, he gave a news briefing on that last week, you could look it up on YouTube.
Secondly, Dokpesi and his family were never in Lagos, they were in Abuja, gwagwalada to be precise, I am saying this because I work in the hospital where they were isolated, and I did see them everyday.
So please, when you don't know something ask, so you won't mis-inform others on this platform.

Bro... We really need folks like you to be on front page. Many people here are just plain dumb. Are they products of bad education system or broken guidance? I don't know.

So annoying to get here and not read something intelligent front page 1 to 3.... You only start see some sense starting from from page 3 on all thread. It's sad. They all wanna say something even though they got nothing to say.

It's sad!

Go out and do a survey. At Iyana-iba during rush hour and dense human traffic... 1in 3 is wearing the mask correctly. Alaba is far worse. There was a thread on here, people were reporting loss of sense of smell and taste. THIS IS CUE TO ALL THAT CORO DON ENTER CÒRÒ!!

4 Likes

Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by toobasky: 8:25am On May 31, 2020
The 2 weeks is about to elapse what do you expect from NCDC...choping must continue...check the figures close to elapsing of previous extension and you will see what am talking about..

2 Likes

Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by adedehinbo(m): 8:27am On May 31, 2020
myenvironalert:
He who sleeps scratching his anus must be ready to wake up to smelly fingers.

I still remember how lagosian flooded the streets like chickens after the lock down was lifted, violating social distancing orders, some, without Nosemasks.

E Don dey clear now! cheesy if you have a functioning brain,you will the figures are just scam

Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by Saintinoo(m): 8:28am On May 31, 2020
boookworm:

Thanks. Any clue why Kano citizens who were trooping out in hundreds to get tested before are no longer interested in getting tested?
There is scam in this.... Wonder how Gombe, Zamfara, Borno, Bauchi states are not recording much cases again. They know there people very well, those northerners will attack and even kill their leaders if they find out that coronavirus figures are scam

1 Like

Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by Oshkosch: 8:30am On May 31, 2020
citytv:
if they like they should record ten thousand a day it won't changed the fact that is scam, nonsense

Local man, who told you Covid-19 is a Scam. Wake up!
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by Saintinoo(m): 8:34am On May 31, 2020
neyorlmogzy:
Nairalanders, always think they know it all.... Where is the 1000 ventilators Trump donated?
Chaii
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by Havertz(m): 8:38am On May 31, 2020
Chaiiii ncdc can lie.
I can never believe these sh*t

1 Like

Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by semyman: 8:40am On May 31, 2020
The sh*t just got real
The sh*t just hit the ceiling fan
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by otokx(m): 8:44am On May 31, 2020
RX480:
Hmm... That's a 25% positive rate, far above the 10% threshold for undertesting. It is well sad

Anyway, Nigeria's economy is to fragile for lockdown and now we're forced to reopen states at a crucial moment in containing this pandemic now we're seeing the effect of that, it's now our responsibility to fight covid and we can do that by wearing a mask, keeping distance from people and washing our hands. I don't know about other states but I'm glad Rivers is seriously enforcing these rules

Rivers ke, enforcement gini, forget media propaganda.
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by JunctionBox: 8:46am On May 31, 2020
553 cases in 24hrs? Where do I run to now. Lagos should be relocked down ASAP. Who says this thing will not get to daily record of 1000+?
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by SirWarlock: 8:51am On May 31, 2020
primeache:
They do not believe in the corona haox reason why they don't turn up for test. Otherwise by now they should have overthrown Lagos.
Nevertheless, I think the weather also have impact. Kano in recent months have been generally hot with average temperature of 37deg while the virus would not survive beyond 26deg, so the rate of spread would be very slow.

True and I fear it's going to be a problem in the North. People with symptoms won't show up for tests sad
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by Kennyolawumi(m): 8:53am On May 31, 2020
This same Lagos that I live in? NCDC know better sha ooo

1 Like

Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by Saintinoo(m): 9:03am On May 31, 2020
Chucks234:

Many as in how many. When u have catarrh u cant smell either. If you have malaria you also can have a sense of taste. So dont conclude because some one said "many" with no proof you already believe hook, line and sinker.
Don't blame him, if someone can believe Nigeria politicians then he can believe anything.
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by citytv(f): 9:04am On May 31, 2020
Oshkosch:

Local man, who told you Covid-19 is a Scam. Wake up!
we both know Nigeria version is scam
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by neyorlmogzy(m): 9:18am On May 31, 2020
Saintinoo:

Nairalanders, always think they know it all.... Where is the 1000 ventilators Trump donated?
Chaii
Thank you very much sir, but that question should be directed to NCDC and the Federal government, the problem we have in Nigeria are our journalist. They are not informed, and they ask the authorities useless question, instead of asking them questions such as this..
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by neyorlmogzy(m): 9:25am On May 31, 2020
IFNOTGOD:

stop saying what u don't know, Trump promised 1k ventilators n those have not arrived d country.

you work in one of the isolation centre if I may ask u what is d total.capacity of the isolation centres in Lagos n what is d total no. of positive cases in Lagos cos d last time I checked d present figures have dwarfed d no. of patients d isolation centres in Lagos can hold.

so NCDC should stop dishing out figures.

before u quote me kindly provide d total no. of isolation centres in Lagos n d total no. of active cases in lagos
pls I never said I work in an Isolation center in Lagos, I only said Dokpesi's family wasn't in Lagos, Rather they were kept in University of Abuja Teaching Hospital Gwagwalada which is where I work. You also misunderstood something too, I do think NCDC is scam, but covid-19 is real. I lost someone yesterday to it, it was a painful sight to behold as he battled the virus for his life.
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by jpmoriarti(m): 9:29am On May 31, 2020
fid4fid:

Bro... We really need folks like you to be on front page. Many people here are just plain dumb. Are they products of bad education system or broken guidance? I don't know.

So annoying to get here and not read something intelligent front page 1 to 3.... You only start see some sense starting from from page 3 on all thread. It's sad. They all wanna say something even though they got nothing to say.

It's sad!

Go out and do a survey. At Iyana-iba during rush hour and dense human traffic... 1in 3 is wearing the mask correctly. Alaba is far worse. There was a thread on here, people were reporting loss of sense of smell and taste. THIS IS CUE TO ALL THAT CORO DON ENTER CÒRÒ!!
It is so sad bro. The level of poor education among our youth today is blatantly alarming. It is so difficult to find an intelligible comment in Nairaland these days. People deliberately misinform themselves. It is so damn painful. Yet, they'll be shouting themselves hoax like they have all the facts of the matter however, they continue to ignore facts when presented to them.
This Corona virus pandemic exposed most people for the jackasses they really are.
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by Happyfela(m): 9:30am On May 31, 2020
Team Corona is scam cheerleader
mespusinglez:
Believe Those Figures at your own Perel�
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by abdullkabar(m): 9:52am On May 31, 2020
The corona virus is loosing its dignity worldwide The world is ignoring it bit by bit

2 Likes

Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by SirWarlock: 10:00am On May 31, 2020
VIPERVENOM:
They couldn't wait for the cases to reduce before lifting the lockdown cos they don't want to give the masses free food & money. Now look what's happening in Lagos. Rivers cases are rising. A family friend died of covid-19 few days ago. This thing dey pain me. We're not managing this thing well. But kudos to NCDC for increased tests. More need to be done
Yet people are saying it's fake angry. Thing is Nigeria was in a hard place with the lockdown and people were even defying it before it was eased. The official easing just aggravated the whole thing.
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by SirWarlock: 10:01am On May 31, 2020
jpmoriarti:
It is so sad bro. The level of poor education among our youth today is blatantly alarming. It is so difficult to find an intelligible comment in Nairaland these days. People deliberately misinform themselves. It is so damn painful. Yet, they'll be shouting themselves hoax like they have all the facts of the matter however, they continue to ignore facts when presented to them.
This Corona virus pandemic exposed most people for the jackasses they really are.
Its all cruise and vibes on social media nowadays cry.
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by ceejeck(m): 10:01am On May 31, 2020
martineverest:
that's because they don't have underlying sicknesses.

I beg to differ bro. Africans have more comorbid diseases than the whites, another reason please
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by SirWarlock: 10:02am On May 31, 2020
abdullkabar:
The corona virus is loosing its dignity worldwide
The world is ignoring it bit by bit
Brazil? undecided.
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by boookworm: 10:05am On May 31, 2020
primeache:
They do not believe in the corona haox reason why they don't turn up for test. Otherwise by now they should have overthrown Lagos.
Nevertheless, I think the weather also have impact. Kano in recent months have been generally hot with average temperature of 37deg while the virus would not survive beyond 26deg, so the rate of spread would be very slow.

This is why I'm starting to doubt those mysterious deaths that happened some days ago in Kano. All a hoax

1 Like

Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by boookworm: 10:07am On May 31, 2020
alsudaes1:

In fact, the figures from Kano leaves me thinking that something must be wrong somewhere, if it is true the virus spreads at the rate or manner we were told.
How can Lagos, with the enlightenment and measures taken record above 300 and Kano in the past few days and less measures have such less figures. Astonishing!
This is why people keep saying corona is a scam, however it's very real in Nigeria, just not up to those figures. We don't have up to 1k real cases of Covid 19 in this country

1 Like

Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by boookworm: 10:08am On May 31, 2020
seleroms2:
Edo own is political direct vs indirect primaries
This is why people are so skeptical about the whole Covid 19 issue. The citizens know the kind of leaders they have
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by boookworm: 10:08am On May 31, 2020
Saintinoo:

There is scam in this.... Wonder how Gombe, Zamfara, Borno, Bauchi states are not recording much cases again. They know there people very well, those northerners will attack and even kill their leaders if they find out that coronavirus figures are scam
I'm sure those states do not have up to a hundred cases combined
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by martineverest(m): 10:16am On May 31, 2020
ceejeck:

I beg to differ bro. Africans have more comorbid diseases than the whites, another reason please
do u even realise that African Americans and black British are dying in huge numbers as a result of corona?
Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by Saintinoo(m): 10:28am On May 31, 2020
boookworm:

I'm sure those states do not have up to a hundred cases combined
in the past 5days those states have not recorded up to 100 cases... American wonder.

1 Like

Re: 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) by Saintinoo(m): 10:34am On May 31, 2020
fid4fid:

It's sad!

You have no right to call people ingnorant if you cannot answer their questions.... Those people doubting these coronovirus figures have asked so many question which both NCDC and PTF could not answer.

If you cannot answer their questions then you are on thesame ignorant level with them.

I also have my doubts about these fiqures because NCDC are not telling us the truth.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Slept With 180 Prostitutes In 4 Years: Are These Signs & Symptoms Of HIV? / Doctor Treating Italian Man With Coronavirus Doesn't Wear Face Mask, Explains / Do You Have Trypophobia? (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.