Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,008 members, 7,835,422 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) (63575 Views)

The Obafemi Awolowo University Massacre Was A Series Of Shootings And Murders Wh / Beautiful Aerial Pictures Of The University Of Benin / Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Meti99(m): 7:35am On Jun 04, 2020
Respect
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Basic123: 7:39am On Jun 04, 2020
yusman14:
No lies bro!! Search other Google results... You just posted this one out of jealousy...
grin. I finished from OAU bro
it's high time we stopped this narccism and grandiose delusion
OAU is fine...but definitely not the most beautiful in Africa.
let's stop celebrating mediocrity!

1 Like

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Basic123: 7:44am On Jun 04, 2020
SaintBeehot:
you must be from UI, because it's only their student that reason like this.
Well I amnot from U.I

thank God you know that is only U.I and their students that can burst your bubbles because you are just like child to them.

your first and second VC prof Ajose and Prof Ezekiah Oluwasanmi were just ordinary professor in the dept of public health in U.I....some lecturer like woke Soyinka ,prof Akinwumi isola were donated to OAU from U.I...
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Couzy21(m): 9:25am On Jun 04, 2020
Let me just drop this here

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by SaintBeehot(m): 11:12am On Jun 04, 2020
Basic123:

Well I amnot from U.I

thank God you know that is only U.I and their students that can burst your bubbles because you are just like child to them.

your first and second VC prof Ajose and Prof Ezekiah Oluwasanmi were just ordinary professor in the dept of public health in U.I....some lecturer like woke Soyinka ,prof Akinwumi isola were donated to OAU from U.I...
Sorry o, you did'nt even decode the message before you replied. I meant only UI student think like rabbit, like you just did. Just a reminder, the former VC of AAUA is also a lecturer in my department.
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Basic123: 11:22am On Jun 04, 2020
SaintBeehot:
Sorry o, you did'nt even decode the message before you replied. I meant only UI student think like rabbit, like you just did. Just a reminder, the former VC of AAUA is also a lecturer in my department.
grin

alright sir
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by SaintBeehot(m): 11:25am On Jun 04, 2020
Basic123:
grin
alright sir
cool cool cool
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by einsteino(m): 5:44pm On Jun 04, 2020
yusman14:
CU and UI recently made it to top 1000 best universities in the world...
UI was ranked higher than most universities in China,France and so on...USA has over 3000 universities,and only 200 or so made it into top 1000..
That means UI is recongnized globally as at now....

Please stop hyping North Africa universities..SA unis are head and shoulder above other Africas universities..
Who knows the schools in Tunisia, Morocco, Angola, Mozambique and so on ..

I already said North Africa and South Africa have the best universities in Africa. The highest ranked universities in Africa are in South Africa and Egypt and their best are higher ranked than modest American universities. Countries like Tunisia are not as good as these universities but on average, I would think they are better than our average(generalization).

There are several bodies that rank universities and these rankings use very different metrics, some are based on mundane things like webometrics. That said, the three that are worth considering is QS rankings, Academic Ranking of World Universities(ARWU a.k.a Shangai Rankings) and Times Higher Education Rankings(T.H.E). Of these 3, Q.S is viewed as the most reliable or the gold standard, while ARWU is largely used by folks in academic research as it reflects the better schools for PhD studies. Now, UI and CU didn't even make it to QS rankings at all, while CU is nowhere to be found on ARWU. They both are on Times Higher Education Rankings(T.H.E) but I don't take T.H.E seriously. This is because their metrics changes too often and recently has been more about diversity. Times higher Education has UI on 500+ while Concordia University is lower ranked, doesn't seem to make any sense to me because I have been to UI and Concordia.

I obviously don't have as much creds as T.H.E but to be honest, rankings are not even something I should debate because it is hard to evaluate thousands of universities across the world and many don't really signify the infrastructure available or actuality of the impact they make to their students(no one really goes to much of these universities to see things for themselves). The practice is to develop a formula that looks at stats, some of which are supplied by these universities and their academic publications. That said, I did my undergrad at UNN and I know U.I to be a very good school(in my opinion it is better than UNN, hopefully no lion crucifies me for this) and Covenant university is very likely going to be the best Nigerian university someday if they can figure out funding. However, if I were to choose a school to attend or grad to employ in the sciences/engineering (squarely based on university attended) btw U.I and Concordia, it would be Concordia all the time. This is because I know both schools personally and wouldn't have to rely on rankings to make my decision for these.
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Federalmike: 12:47pm On Jun 06, 2020
mismore:
Articulate ife! What course and what set were you?
linguistics , 2017/2018 what about you ?
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Federalmike: 12:48pm On Jun 06, 2020
mismore:
Articulate ife! What course and what set were you?
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Sammygist: 1:55pm On Jun 06, 2020
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by mismore(f): 10:39pm On Jun 07, 2020
Federalmike:

Economics Education, 2018/19
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by olajide111: 2:56am On Jun 09, 2020
yusman14:
List the courses you studied in both schools..
Math education in Oau and computer science Ui
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by PECng: 2:36pm On Oct 27, 2020
When you Have Changed Your Choice of Course in your UTME but the Old Course is Still Reflecting on Your OAU Post-UTME
It is very normal that between when UTME results are released and when admission offering is over, applicants will have the need to change their choices of institution or/and courses, it’s very normal. But I have to tell you that this is one of the very rampant but overlooked reasons why a lot of people lose their admission—especially when it has to do with OAU. Read me right please, changing your choices of course within OAU is not a problem at all, it only becomes a problem when you do the changing of course at a wrong time; and there are so many wrong times to change your course if you are aspiring to be offered an admission in OAU. READ THE REST OF THE ARTICLE HERE>>> https://www.pecngr.com/2020/10/when-you-have-changed-your-choice-of.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) / Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? / Guy Spends Almost A Year Gluing 42,000 Matches To Make A Giant Sphere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.