Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,750 members, 7,813,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) (63334 Views)

The Obafemi Awolowo University Massacre Was A Series Of Shootings And Murders Wh / Beautiful Aerial Pictures Of The University Of Benin / Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Puvour: 12:57am On May 31, 2020
Indeed, when it comes to campus beauty and serenity in Nigeria, a magnificent West African estate, the OAU, comfortable sits on top.

With a perfect blend of inspiring architecture and nature, the university is overlooked by a touristic mountain from where the Nigerian academic giant can be viewed in a glance. The planning of the school is such that there are special designated areas for academics, hostels, sports, banking, markets, staff quarters, a university farm etc.

Rumor has it that this citadel of learning is well on its way (if it already hasn't) to generate her own independent power supply that will help boost adequate research activities. This is expected to translate into better global ranking for the university in the coming years.

The University, which also has produced numerous notable alumni including the current president of the African Development Bank, Akinwunmi Adesina, is perhaps the only one such in the country where some form of space research takes place.

These are some random aerial and other pictures from "Great Ife" as it is fondly called.

61 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Puvour: 12:59am On May 31, 2020
More pictures

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Puvour: 1:02am On May 31, 2020
Some of its beautiful architecture

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by yusman14(m): 1:04am On May 31, 2020
Great Ife!!
Africa's most beautiful campus..
We lead others follow...

More pictures from me too..

127 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Puvour: 1:04am On May 31, 2020
Senate and Sports

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by TheSourcerer: 1:08am On May 31, 2020
Ife is actually a beautiful school , to believe it shares state with uniOsun

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by yusman14(m): 1:11am On May 31, 2020
What a world class architectural master piece...OAU is really beautiful..

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by exynos(m): 1:12am On May 31, 2020
shocked Lalasticlala No Ewa Agoyin and Bread photos sighted

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by yusman14(m): 1:13am On May 31, 2020
@op, should I continue the uploading??
I rep #ifetech anyway..
OAU have the best road network and landscape...
No wire poles on campus the wires are connected underground...
The university is well planned too; from academics area ,to hostels,to banking area,sports,and so on

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by lablonclacla: 1:18am On May 31, 2020
Lol......the editing has distorted the pictures. No doubt OAU has some of the most beautiful architectural buildings but due to lack of maintenance, they are becoming shadows of themselves. Most haven't been painted for decades. Reason is why UI and UNILAG are far ahead.

Take for example no hostel in UNILAG or UI can ever be this bad and unkempt like these ones in the first two pictures. Now compare this to the worst hostel in unilag Enijoku from the last two pictures and see what i am talking about.

Modified: Heard most of the hostels have been renovated and are now habitable. A good one i must admit. I will appreciate if i can get pictures of the new look.

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by PharmD911: 1:32am On May 31, 2020
yusman14:
@op, should I continue the uploading??
I rep #ifetech anyway..
OAU have the best road network and landscape...
No wire poles on campus the wires are connected underground...
The university is well planned too; from academics area ,to hostels,to banking area,sports,and so on
Continue, show them the banking area, awo cafe aerial view, anglomoz, white house, yellow house even 1k sitters. It's not mouth, OAU have the finest campus in Nigeria

From well chanelled banking area to religious ground to residence hall. Unlike other schools have visited like unilag,dem just scatter residence hall everywhere, dem scatter banks too

GREAT IFE
for learning and culture.

20 Likes

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Nayturalistic: 1:41am On May 31, 2020
Tiger no de open him mouth talk say Hin be Tiger.. Hin Just be Tiger Noni..

#Greatife #GreatestGbogbo #BAEnglish

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by chiefmc: 1:46am On May 31, 2020
Nice post

1 Like

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by yusman14(m): 1:47am On May 31, 2020
More of beauty...
OAU is what we call architectural master piece....
Haters just need to visit the school and see those fabulous buildings..

13 Likes

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by otipoju(m): 2:03am On May 31, 2020
O.A.U students and graduates carry this most beautiful campus thing for head gan ni.

29 Likes

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Officialgarri: 2:18am On May 31, 2020
Most crazy university.

Awon omo OAU ya were gan. OAU no dey carry last

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by internationalman(m): 2:23am On May 31, 2020
Even Ajegunle would have a beautiful aerial view.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Thecvbankng: 2:31am On May 31, 2020
This latest trend on NL is aesthetically pleasing to the eyes. Maybe the next one should involve the interiors of these buildings; studios, labs, research centers, features that are unique to one's university. It would be nice to see these schools go toe to toe on that.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by BOOOMNAIJA: 5:27am On May 31, 2020
Let me continue from where u stopped, fellow alumni of GREAT IFE( proud to be a graduate of OAU by d way wink wink)....

More....

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by BOOOMNAIJA: 5:29am On May 31, 2020
More from great OAU, Oba Awon University....

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by BOOOMNAIJA: 5:50am On May 31, 2020
More...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by BOOOMNAIJA: 5:52am On May 31, 2020
GREAT IFE....

8 Likes

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by traihit: 7:04am On May 31, 2020
To think that setting up of OAU was done by Nigerians and to see that its aesthetic beauty can stand with any international university is enough reason to bekubel that there is nothing we can't achieve if we decide to get things right.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Nobody: 7:08am On May 31, 2020
Trashy pictures. Color bleached and blurry.

The camera lens angle also distorted the pictures instead of enhancing them.
Didn't OP see the sensible pictures presented on UNILAG and ABU threads?

OAU being one of the most beautiful universities in Nigeria with it's utilized topography, people have been looking out for this thread, envisaging what a beautiful thread it would be, but OP spoilt it.

Pls no MODS should move this thread to FP until someone creates a proper thread. This one is bullshiit.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by officialsaw01(m): 7:27am On May 31, 2020
Great Ife! Great Ife!! African Most Beautiful Campus Conscious, Vigilant, Progressive Aluta.... I Rep Fajuite

12 Likes

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Nobody: 7:27am On May 31, 2020
poor picture qualities

1 Like

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by damtan(m): 7:49am On May 31, 2020
yusman14:
What a world class architectural master piece...OAU is really beautiful..
Did you say world class

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Trendy247: 7:50am On May 31, 2020
Poor over-edited pictures..

Possibly edited with a tecno phone

4 Likes

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by doctuw(m): 7:53am On May 31, 2020
chiefmc:
Good evening, please chat me up if you know printing business very well, I mean the entire value chain of printing and branding. Also very good graphic designers are also requested to chat me up. We need to work together for a new project
I am into printing and also a graphic designer
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Dpaulie(m): 7:56am On May 31, 2020
officialsaw01:
Great Ife! Great Ife!! African Most Beautiful Campus Conscious, Vigilant, Progressive Aluta.... I Rep Fajuite
...aluta against all oppression, forward ever, backward never...

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

If You Can Solve This Maths, A Financial Institution Should Employ You. / July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Expulsion Of Babcock Female Student In Leaked Sex Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.