Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,835,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) (63561 Views)

The Obafemi Awolowo University Massacre Was A Series Of Shootings And Murders Wh / Beautiful Aerial Pictures Of The University Of Benin / Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Amotolongbo(f): 9:58pm On Jun 01, 2020
DenreleDave:

Amotolongbo OAU
thanks sis
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by andrewtosin(m): 10:31pm On Jun 01, 2020
Faborode's reign preceded our matriculation
Ojugunrege:

Yeah, I realized so. I hope they keep that up. My younger sister also graduated from ife and had a better deal.
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with those VCs you mentioned.
We had Rogers Makanjuola & Faborode in my days...hopefully, my memory serve me right. smiley

1 Like

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by andrewtosin(m): 10:47pm On Jun 01, 2020
I can still remember I paid #3,090 accommodation fee as a fresher.

I don't know if it had changed now
adebaks:

The hostels are a whole lot better now in the last two sessions
Decongested with proper maintenance carried out...
very much decent and inexpensive as compared to the other schools you mentioned especially unilag...
The academic environment is second to none�
Don’t hate bro...that school is dope�
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by yusman14(m): 11:50pm On Jun 01, 2020
smeag0l:
Send me a PM
Done sir!
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by adebaks(m): 1:55am On Jun 02, 2020
andrewtosin:
I can still remember I paid #3,090 accommodation fee as a fresher.

I don't know if it had changed now
Still d same as at 2018
2050 for stalites..

Renovated d all hostels that same year
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by olajide111: 4:37am On Jun 02, 2020
Barbilius:
But the guy said OAU is better than ui in all but medicine
How is that even possible if it's that so , Oau should have been the best ranking University in Nigeria for over 5 years which UI has done with no much sweat, better is not by just mouth oh , I attended both schools so I know one is just in a class of its own and that is UI

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by einsteino(m): 5:04am On Jun 02, 2020
Barbilius:
Don't mind useless Nigerian students with no sense, always boasting about landmass, tell them to upload their classes and laboratories, they can't. Even top universities in the world don't have huge landmass, land that should be used for more productive things.

Universities are mainly ranked by research output, facilities, teaching, employ-ability of graduates and reach of Alumni. University of Toronto's Main campus is much smaller than UNN but UNN is more than a 1000 spot below it on ranking. Anyways, let our youths keep taking solace in drone shots of our dilapidated campuses. Someday, I hope they leave Nigeria and see for themselves how much they have been shortchanged. And how humbling the question "what school did you graduate from?" could be lol.
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by einsteino(m): 5:09am On Jun 02, 2020
yusman14:
Great Ife!!
Africa's most beautiful campus..
We lead others follow...

More pictures from me too..

If this is Africa's most beautiful campus, then Africa is not doing so well. I think it might be the prettiest Nigerian campus(of the ones I have seen, it is). North Africans are better organized and more advanced than we are. So, I hope they have not merely a prettier campus but universities that can compete with the west(to save Africa's face).
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Basic123: 6:57am On Jun 02, 2020
Onlyonebuhari:

Lol, there is only one great ife, may be you should check webometrics rating of universities and stop petty sentiment.
waoo grin

I now agree with saying that 60 % of OAU students are brilliant students from villages,who have never traveled and believe OAU is the best thing that has ever happened to them and hence the loudness and noisemaking.

who reckons with webometric ranking again,and to burst the bubbles in your noisemaking brain.

latest webometric ranking you are making noise about,like typical OAU student:

University of Ibadan- 1st in Nigeria 1233 in the whole world...note that U.I is one of top 600 in the whole world according to Times higher education...and their medical school is in top 400 in the whole world

OAU-4th in Nigeria and 2077 in the whole world..like 800 universities are between the noisemaking OAU and cool headed U.I....
like I always say,you guys shouldnt be dragging U.I into your folly,she is on the league of her own.,you are like a child to her.You guys are mate to UNN,UNILAG, UNILORIN etc...most times self those ones, like in this ranking are better than you noisemakers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Legendguy(m): 6:57am On Jun 02, 2020
lablonclacla:

Lol.......calm down and go back to the post and read slowly this time.

Cheers
Sorry bro it was a mistake
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Basic123: 7:08am On Jun 02, 2020
yusman14:
He is correct sir..
UI has the best medical school..
OAU is better in other courses..
Empty barrel makes the loudest noise

when OAU don't even feature in the first 1000 in the whole world

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by yusman14(m): 11:49pm On Jun 02, 2020
Basic123:

Empty barrel makes the loudest noise

when OAU don't even feature in the first 1000 in the whole world
This ranking is not based on only Academics oooo..
I am off
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by yusman14(m): 11:51pm On Jun 02, 2020
einsteino:

If this is Africa's most beautiful campus, then Africa is not doing so well. I think it might be the prettiest Nigerian campus(of the ones I have seen, it is). North Africans are better organized and more advanced than we are. So, I hope they have not merely a prettier campus but universities that can compete with the west(to save Africa's face).
OAU is Africa's most beautiful campus..
Google is there for you sir...
Even university of pritoria can't stand in terms of Architectural design...
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by yusman14(m): 11:53pm On Jun 02, 2020
olajide111:

How is that even possible if it's that so , Oau should have been the best ranking University in Nigeria for over 5 years which UI has done with no much sweat, better is not by just mouth oh , I attended both schools so I know one is just in a class of its own and that is UI
List the courses you studied in both schools..
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by einsteino(m): 5:17am On Jun 03, 2020
yusman14:

Please I'd like a reference, so I could see which body did the rankings. Was it QS? Anyways congrats if they are but it would be sad to know that's the best Africa has to offer. Anyways, I hope we come up on the areas that matter because truth is that with the exception of a couple North African and South African universities, we are not even known out here.

1 Like

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by SaintBeehot(m): 8:46am On Jun 03, 2020
yusman14:
List the courses you studied in both schools..
Oau is the only unversity in africa that has all faculties and we offer all courses except aeronautic engineering which they are about to start offering. The only thing delaying the course in an airport which the vc is about to build.

1 Like

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Basic123: 10:02am On Jun 03, 2020
SaintBeehot:
Oau is the only unversity in africa that has all faculties and we offer all courses except aeronautic engineering which they are about to start offering. The only thing delaying the course in an airport which the vc i about to build.
All courses

You too dey lie!

You are disgracing other OAU Products!
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Basic123: 10:14am On Jun 03, 2020
yusman14:
It's not!

OAU students!

You guys can lie to overhype your school.

What is your problem

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by SaintBeehot(m): 11:31am On Jun 03, 2020
Basic123:

All courses

You too dey lie!

You are disgracing other OAU Products!
which course isn't available please i'd like to know o.
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by SaintBeehot(m): 11:33am On Jun 03, 2020
Basic123:

It's not!

OAU students!

What is your problem
that was years ago our new Vc is doing well. Hope you get ?
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Basic123: 11:34am On Jun 03, 2020
SaintBeehot:
that was years ago our new Vc is doing well. Hope you get ?
another lie!!!!!!

.that ranking is 2020

Chill!

Let's the school makes noise for itself
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Basic123: 11:40am On Jun 03, 2020
SaintBeehot:
which course isn't available please i'd like to know o.

You don't have faculty of veterinary medicine

You don't offer course in Medical laboratory science

You don't offer course (train graduates) in physiology

Those are the one I can remember for now and there are 50s self!

OAU students worldview is too parochial..... everything you guys know about a university is OAU..and you guy don't listen
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by SaintBeehot(m): 11:41am On Jun 03, 2020
Basic123:

another lie!!!!!!

.that ranking is 2020

Chill!

Let's the school makes noise for itself
bro let us make Noise is not easy, mind you we're not just Proud we're intelligently Proud .
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Basic123: 11:44am On Jun 03, 2020
SaintBeehot:
bro let us make Noise is not easy, mind you we're not just Proud we're intelligently Proud .
But you are disgracing yourself; just like some of you are doing now....the ignorance I just exposed shows lack of intelligence.Assumption,which you guys do is the lowest level of knowledge!

Be cool headed!

1 Like

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by SaintBeehot(m): 11:49am On Jun 03, 2020
Basic123:

But you are disgracing yourself; just like some of you are doing now....the ignorance I just exposed shows lack of intelligence.Assumption,which you guys do is the lowest level of knowledge!

Be cool headed!
you must be from UI, because it's only their student that reason like this.
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by SaintBeehot(m): 11:52am On Jun 03, 2020
Basic123:

You don't have faculty of veterinary medicine

You don't offer course in Medical laboratory science

You don't offer course (train graduates) in physiology

Those are the one I can remember for now and there are 50s self!

OAU students worldview is too parochial..... everything you guys know about a university is OAU..and you guy don't listen
but we offer the highest number of courses in africa.
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Basic123: 2:15pm On Jun 03, 2020
SaintBeehot:
you must be from UI, because it's only their student that reason like this.

grin
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Basic123: 2:16pm On Jun 03, 2020
SaintBeehot:
but we offer the highest number of courses in africa.

That's another lie bro
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by SaintBeehot(m): 2:32pm On Jun 03, 2020
Basic123:

That's another lie bro
na you talk so o cool
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by yusman14(m): 12:02am On Jun 04, 2020
Basic123:

It's not!

OAU students!

What is your problem
No lies bro!!
Search other Google results...
You just posted this one out of jealousy...
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by yusman14(m): 12:09am On Jun 04, 2020
einsteino:

Please I'd like a reference, so I could see which body did the rankings. Was it QS? Anyways congrats if they are but it would be sad to know that's the best Africa has to offer. Anyways, I hope we come up on the areas that matter because truth is that with the exception of a couple North African and South African universities, we are not even known out here.
CU and UI recently made it to top 1000 best universities in the world...
UI was ranked higher than most universities in China,France and so on...USA has over 3000 universities,and only 200 or so made it into top 1000..
That means UI is recongnized globally as at now....

Please stop hyping North Africa universities..SA unis are head and shoulder above other Africas universities..
Who knows the schools in Tunisia, Morocco, Angola, Mozambique and so on ..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) / Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? / Guy Spends Almost A Year Gluing 42,000 Matches To Make A Giant Sphere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.