Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,215 members, 7,836,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

COVID-19: Governors Fume As Interstate Travel Ban Collapses - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: Governors Fume As Interstate Travel Ban Collapses (48950 Views)

'COVID-19: Governors Received N1bn Each From Buhari, N1.1bn From World Bank' / We Kept Palliatives Ahead Of Second Wave Of COVID-19 - Governors / Covid-19: Governors Give Buhari Conditions For Relaxing Lockdown On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Governors Fume As Interstate Travel Ban Collapses by Benrosaria(m): 12:55pm On May 31, 2020
Heavensent01:
all the governors are crying foul because cases aren't much in Nigeria as they want us to believe

I know how many time my flirt mate came to lag from Ibadan to get kondo during the scam lockdown
Can your fling be my fling � by virtue of transfer of ownership to reduce transportation cost for any of you cause am in Ibadan too. And she will be safe till the lockdown is totally over

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Governors Fume As Interstate Travel Ban Collapses by bigtt76(f): 1:00pm On May 31, 2020
Useless governors.... I thought they were having their own mind separate from the presidency and presidential task force naaaa... Why are they fuming now? #mtscheeeeeeew

valentineuwakwe:

https://punchng.com/covid-19-govs-fume-as-interstate-travel-ban-collapses/

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Governors Fume As Interstate Travel Ban Collapses by iamogunlowo(m): 1:00pm On May 31, 2020
Why are they now complaining,who is to be blamed ? Abeg make them free us jare,lets get back to our normal schedule

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Governors Fume As Interstate Travel Ban Collapses by DeRay98(m): 1:07pm On May 31, 2020
Any action or plan that requires Nigerian Police to partially or whole implement is failure from the start because they is the reservoir and supervisors of corruption.
Re: COVID-19: Governors Fume As Interstate Travel Ban Collapses by onyxo76(m): 1:07pm On May 31, 2020
that interstate ban na just rubbish, prices of goods has risen so much these last weeks, those security guys dey cash out big time, imagine 1k multiply by 500 cars daily

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Governors Fume As Interstate Travel Ban Collapses by Nairalandmonika: 1:15pm On May 31, 2020
TheRealProphet:
pot calling kettle black cheesy
So what's the point of the curfew, is it that coronavirus doesn't spread in the day time.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Governors Fume As Interstate Travel Ban Collapses by Realestatepro(m): 1:20pm On May 31, 2020
PigTormentor:

Time to do away with all the bans. Let people take personal responsibility for their lives. Encourage them to wear masks and practice social distancing.

Pls open up MMA, I need to get back to flying jare. I don tire for the lockdowns.

true talk sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Governors Fume As Interstate Travel Ban Collapses by oyeb15: 1:21pm On May 31, 2020
Interstate ko ,inter heaven lockdown ni. These useless governors run to Abuja and Lagos on daily bases unrestricted. Their families travel as they like despite lockdown.

So they fume at d masses trying to move in order to put one square meal on d table per day.

No state can exist without d others in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Governors Fume As Interstate Travel Ban Collapses by Naijazure: 1:32pm On May 31, 2020
They're okaying international flight operations from where the virus came... And on the other hand telling her hungry and less privileged citizens to stay home.

After destroying the economy by closing all ground borders for about 8months in 2019, causing her citizens and upcoming business to loose serious capitals for earlier investments made.

Then corona came and they're still closing borders and asking us to stay at home. Yet they continue setting up committee of their family members while ensuring that the Commonwealth of the nation is shared only within certain approved circles in the name of battling covid19.

What else would you expect of a nonchalantly ridiculous government. Just dishing irrelevant and highly disjointed policies into the economy... Exactly what you get when you hoi ask the way to employ your family and friends to mann crucial sectors...

Leave us to move ohh... Afterall, if you corona no kill you hunger will

Very heartless lots.

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Governors Fume As Interstate Travel Ban Collapses by sosospence(m): 1:36pm On May 31, 2020
Inter state travel ban cannot work.
Re: COVID-19: Governors Fume As Interstate Travel Ban Collapses by asanwafo: 1:37pm On May 31, 2020
oz4real83:
As long as it is the Nigerian security agencies that will enforce a law, that law is bound to fail. Our security agencies are money making ventures, they don't care about any corona virus or any other diseases. That is why I will continue to advise the south west and other regions who are floating security outfits like Amotekun and others, Don't MIX THE POLICE WITH YOUR PERSONNEL else it will fail. Our "Wabai-zigan" in Edo state has failed all because the police was included in the scheme despite Edo people opposing it.
U are now in support of regional security , don't cry when they turn dirty esp. during elections. Whether Amotekun or any other thing, it will fail. Nigeria is filled with fantastically corrupt people and Amotekun people are not exceptional
Re: COVID-19: Governors Fume As Interstate Travel Ban Collapses by ReachRich(m): 1:41pm On May 31, 2020
I went to Jibowu, Lagos yesterday in saw Sienna cars loading to different destinations. These drivers charge passengers more money so they can settle police on the road. For instance Lagos- Abuja is N20k.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Governors Fume As Interstate Travel Ban Collapses by ndcide(m): 1:42pm On May 31, 2020
They should safely open up the country jare. Open up places of worship and schools.

Stop these nonsense. You can't just lockdown the economy like that. people go out everywhere.

The governors should stop being influenced by evil people. They are being used to push an agenda they know nothing about.

Interestingly, in the US, the media that was pushing for total lockdown, social distancing and against reopening, are the ones pushing for sustained protest and civil unrest and giving it media milage.

It's unfortunate many people don't know what's happening.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Governors Fume As Interstate Travel Ban Collapses by Ikponke1: 1:45pm On May 31, 2020
Crap. Wicked government
Re: COVID-19: Governors Fume As Interstate Travel Ban Collapses by Naijaarchive(m): 1:45pm On May 31, 2020
It never worked. I stay in ib and I can confidently say interstate garages were operational all through.... Even at an exposed commercial areas like challenge/new garage/ìwo road... Which the police knew about... Its just another means of livelihood for them anyways... Its time to stop the security agency from extorting Nigerians that's what the title should be

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Governors Fume As Interstate Travel Ban Collapses by ODJ123(m): 1:49pm On May 31, 2020
_*�I mistakenly sent 50k to a wrong*_ number early this morning. After realising this, I calmed down and sent this text message,
"Hello dear, I hope u have received the membership welcome fee of 50k into the Satanism Industry. That is just the begining of the richest life u are about to start living.
We have a meeting tonight whereby we will slaughter 3 virgins in celebration of ur new membership. Lets meet at 11pm in ur house. But if u are not interested, kindly send the money back to this number otherwise, welcome to the Satanism Industry. See u tonight." 10minutes later, I received a text message saying, "Pls send another 50k�, my friend is interested too...........
*Am still crying ���since morning*

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Governors Fume As Interstate Travel Ban Collapses by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 31, 2020
I think Goodluck Jonathan should be blamed again.
Re: COVID-19: Governors Fume As Interstate Travel Ban Collapses by EdiskyHarry: 1:51pm On May 31, 2020
oz4real83:
As long as it is the Nigerian security agencies that will enforce a law, that law is bound to fail. Our security agencies are money making ventures, they don't care about any corona virus or any other diseases. That is why I will continue to advise the south west and other regions who are floating security outfits like Amotekun and others, Don't MIX THE POLICE WITH YOUR PERSONNEL else it will fail. Our "Wabai-zigan" in Edo state has failed all because the police was included in the scheme despite Edo people opposing it.
Honestly, you are making sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Governors Fume As Interstate Travel Ban Collapses by MajorOvakporaye(f): 1:53pm On May 31, 2020
scam idiots!
fake virus!!!
Re: COVID-19: Governors Fume As Interstate Travel Ban Collapses by apexx8262: 1:56pm On May 31, 2020
Re: COVID-19: Governors Fume As Interstate Travel Ban Collapses by SolarEdge: 2:05pm On May 31, 2020
The security men on the road is the problem. Asking Nigerian police to resist tip or bribe as the case maybe is like telling Satan to go apologize for his rebellious act over the years. Very Impossicant
Re: COVID-19: Governors Fume As Interstate Travel Ban Collapses by cronsberg: 2:30pm On May 31, 2020
PHIPEX:
It shows how the govt will be helpless if serious civil unrest starts in Nigeria, Police will be helpless.
Do you see what's happening in the United States? people are finally waking up to reality that power belongs to the people and not some few individuals. government is suppose to be afraid of the people. Can you imagine the injustice happening in Nigeria, few people in power bearing the name "government" who has stolen billions, who has massive generators and AC at home, who has food to last a whole year in their store, ordering the citizens who are just surviving to remain at home, yet government will not provide any assistance, and if you go out, police is suppose to beat and arrest you. like WTF? who will abide by such rules? I am telling you that the day youths rise up and revolt in this country, the government and all it's armed security cannot handle it. the youths still don't know how powerful they can be. just a million youths is more than enough to bring government to it's knee and force change to happen.

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Governors Fume As Interstate Travel Ban Collapses by Heavensent01(m): 2:40pm On May 31, 2020
Benrosaria:

Can your fling be my fling � by virtue of transfer of ownership to reduce transportation cost for any of you cause am in Ibadan too. And she will be safe till the lockdown is totally over

I don't engage in such, that's humiliation beside dem plenty for Ibadan abi you no fit woo

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Governors Fume As Interstate Travel Ban Collapses by GiftcardandBTC(m): 2:56pm On May 31, 2020
What do dey expect. Police making cool cash on a low
Re: COVID-19: Governors Fume As Interstate Travel Ban Collapses by Jess29: 3:00pm On May 31, 2020
Security my foot, we had security during colonial era not now. Our law enforcement agencies are so corrupt and it infuriates me when I see drivers squeezing naira notes into their cursed hand on the road. If we can have security lite local vigilante manning those borders it will be better. See them complaining as if there was any security in this country.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Governors Fume As Interstate Travel Ban Collapses by Proudlytips: 3:13pm On May 31, 2020
hmmm
Re: COVID-19: Governors Fume As Interstate Travel Ban Collapses by Ogagawhite(f): 3:22pm On May 31, 2020
Are they even fighting against the virus or fighting for our money??

Re: COVID-19: Governors Fume As Interstate Travel Ban Collapses by AmazingELixir: 3:22pm On May 31, 2020
AntonVince:
It's high-time the FG embraced the fact that most Nigerians have since moved on from this Coronavirus that has now proven to be not as lethal in Africa as earlier feared.

The fear factor amongst the masses is virtually gone, hence the seeming lethargy towards observing the prescribed safety precautions.

The government should open up our frail economy ASAP, lest we plunge ourselves into much bigger problems.

If they open up the country as you wish and other countries of the world decide to perpetually ban Nigerians from travelling to their country because of the expected Corona virus prevalence....hope your ilks won't come here to start shouting and calling other countries names.
Re: COVID-19: Governors Fume As Interstate Travel Ban Collapses by babaztee: 3:24pm On May 31, 2020
The governors have tons of looted money and government money in their purses and their care so they can afford to interlock the states till eternity. The poor people can not afford a one day lock down without going out to look for means of survival. Majority of our governors are not thinking. The basic question that should steered a productive solution is that "For how long should we continue like this?" Instead they keep singing the same song, Lockdown, forever. They should please allow people to freely move. Enough is enough. They just created a big business for the security personnel.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria At 60 Logo Was Not Plagiarised - Designers / FG Takes 40 Ekweremadu’s Properties, Secures Interim Forfeiture Order / Femi Fani-Kayode: Toyin Lawani’s Nun Costume Is Evil, Disgusting, Ghetto Rubbish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.