Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,888 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo NYSC Certificate: DSS Confirms Alteration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo NYSC Certificate: DSS Confirms Alteration (43725 Views)

Produce Your NYSC Certificate –Tribunal To Ewhrudjakpo / Forgery: DSS Ordered To Investigate Lawrence Ewhrudjakpo / Lawrence Oborawhareivwo Ewhrudjakpo; The Urhobo Deputy Governor Of Bayelsa State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo NYSC Certificate: DSS Confirms Alteration by AAA593: 9:07pm On Jun 01, 2020
An investigation by the Department of State Service says the exemption certificate issued by the National Youth Service Corps to Bayelsa deputy governor Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo was altered.

But it insists the alteration was done by the NYSC at Ewhrudjakpo’s instance.
DSS presented its report into allegation of document forgery against Ewhudjakpo on Monday.

An Abuja Area Court in February ordered DSS to investigate the allegation based on a suit against Ewhudjakpo by Benjamin Youdiowei, a chieftain of APC in Bayelsa.
The report of the investigation was on Monday tendered before the Bayelsa State Governorship Election Tribunal in Abuja by the agency’s Head of Legal Department, Abdulsalam Ibrahim.

Ibrahim was at the tribunal to tender documents and testify for the petitioner upon a subpoena issued on the DG, DSS by the tribunal.

It would be recalled that Ewhrudjakpo of the PDP was sworn in as deputy governor of the state when the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) pronounced Douye Diri as the elected governor of the state following the Supreme Court judgment disqualifying the former governor-elect, David Lyon of the APC.

Before his swearing-in, Ewhrudjakpo, who was in the Senate representing Bayelsa West Senatorial District, was dragged before the court in Lugbe, Abuja on the allegation of presenting a forged NYSC Exemption Certificate with code No: 139708 dated Feb. 2, 1998, on his nomination form to INEC.

Challenging the election of Diri at the tribunal, the candidate of the Liberation Movement (LM) in the November 16, 2019 governorship election in Bayelsa, Vijah Opuama had petitioned the tribunal, alleging that Ewhrudjakpo submitted forged exemption certificate and documents that contain false information to INEC before the election.

The DSS representative told the tribunal that his agency conducted an investigation by reaching out to the NYSC.

He stated that the NYSC DG wrote to the DG of DSS, wherein it was confirmed that there was an alteration in the surname in the exemption certificate issued Ewhrudjakpo.

The petitioner’s lawyer later tendered a copy of the subpoena, a copy of the letter from the Area Court and two investigation reports dated May 27 and 28, 2020, including an annexure from the NYSC, through the witness.

Respondents’ lawyers, including Ibrahim Bawa (SAN), Chris Uche (SAN) and Chukwuma Machwkwu Umeh did not object to the tendering of the documents, following which the tribunal admitted them and marked them Exhibits P1, P2, P3 and P4.

Upon a request by Pius, Ibrahim read the conclusion of the report of the investigation conducted by his agency, which the tribunal had admitted in evidence.

“Based on the foregoing and the relevant documents forwarded to this service, it is evident that the subject altered the spelling of his surname to reflect the letter D as against the letter O in the certificate of exception earlier issued by NYSC,” the conclusion of the report, as read out by Ibrahim, stated.

Under cross-examination by the lawyer to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Emmanuel Enoidem, Ibrahim confirmed that the alteration in the certificate was effected by the NYSC.

The witness agreed with Enoidem that it is the bearer of a name that knows how best to spell his/her name.
Under cross-exemination by Chris Uche (SAN), lawyer to Diri, the witness said the alteration was done by the NYSC upon the request by Ewhrudjakpo.

Uche later asked the witness to read paragraph 7 of a document marked “P3” (one of the reports the investigation by the DSS), which Ibrahim read, thus: “it is based on this recent finding, that we wish to bring to the notice of the DSS that we (the NYSC) corrected the certificate of exemption to read Ewhrudjakpo. Only the last letter A was corrected to read letter O.”

When asked to identify an attachment to the report, the witness identified it as “Annexure 2,” which he explained “is a letter to the NYSC seeking a request for correction, following which the correction was now made.”

At the conclusion of the witness’s testimony, Pius said his next witness is Ewhrudjakpo, who he said has been subpoenaed to produce the original copy of the certificate of exemption.
Pius said, by his case plan, the Deputy Governor was the next appropriate witness for the petitioner.

The tribunal’s Chairman, Justice Ibrahim Sirajo adjourned till Tuesday (June 2) for the hearing of a motion by Ewhrudjakpo, challenging his invitation as the petitioner’s witness.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/dss-confirms-alteration-in-bayelsa-deputy-governors-nysc-certificate.html

4 Likes

Re: Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo NYSC Certificate: DSS Confirms Alteration by fergie001: 9:14pm On Jun 01, 2020
ejimatic senatordave1 kahal29......let us do justice to this grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo NYSC Certificate: DSS Confirms Alteration by Akaegwu(m): 9:21pm On Jun 01, 2020
Someone should help me with the summary.
I can't read this DSS Epistle.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo NYSC Certificate: DSS Confirms Alteration by AAA593: 9:23pm On Jun 01, 2020
Akaegwu:
Someone should help me with the summary.
I can't read this DSS Epistle.
Nysc corrected the deputy governor's certificate

94 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo NYSC Certificate: DSS Confirms Alteration by OBUKSBAYELSA: 9:35pm On Jun 01, 2020
Nothing will alter the will of God for Bayelsa State. Like I said in my previous statement, the matter will go the way others went, my shock is that my brother SenatorDave1 has not commented. Senator Douye Diri is Governor.

13 Likes

Re: Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo NYSC Certificate: DSS Confirms Alteration by senatordave1(m): 9:35pm On Jun 01, 2020
fergie001:

Sorry,saw it late...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo NYSC Certificate: DSS Confirms Alteration by senatordave1(m): 9:38pm On Jun 01, 2020
This one that enoidem is involved means that pdp are really scared

3 Likes

Re: Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo NYSC Certificate: DSS Confirms Alteration by Akaegwu(m): 9:40pm On Jun 01, 2020
senatordave1:

Sorry am just coming back from my boss house.
Try to become a boss so we can come to your house.
Your waka waka don too much

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo NYSC Certificate: DSS Confirms Alteration by senatordave1(m): 9:41pm On Jun 01, 2020
At least a case of alteration has been established.whether it amounts to forgery or not will soon be unearthed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo NYSC Certificate: DSS Confirms Alteration by senatordave1(m): 9:46pm On Jun 01, 2020
OBUKSBAYELSA:
Nothing will alter the will of God for Bayelsa State. Like I said in my previous statement, the matter will go the way others went, my shock is that my brother SenatorDave1 has not commented. Senator Douye Diri is Governor.

For now.he will be removed soonest.no more usurping

2 Likes

Re: Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo NYSC Certificate: DSS Confirms Alteration by Karemarealty288(m): 9:48pm On Jun 01, 2020
So everybody certificate get "Comma" for Bayelsa.

104 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo NYSC Certificate: DSS Confirms Alteration by fergie001: 10:00pm On Jun 01, 2020
senatordave1:
At least a case of alteration has been established.whether it amounts to forgery or not will soon be unearthed
Alteration by whom?
Lawrence or Nysc?

He wrote for the name to be corrected, which NYSC effected. Abi no be so?

But what about d, a and o?

30 Likes

Re: Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo NYSC Certificate: DSS Confirms Alteration by festacman(m): 10:03pm On Jun 01, 2020
The core functions of the Department of State Security (DSS) revolve around counter-intelligence, internal security, counter-terrorism, and surveillance. So what business does this intelligence organization, which ordinarily should be ELITE, ENIGMATIC and REVERED, has to do with investigating mere alterations on NYSC certificate?

At moments like this, I think this kind of this routine task should be done by Criminal Investigation Department (CID) of Nigerian Police while DSS focus on its core functions especially using undercover agents to infiltrate the heartless bandits in the Northern Nigeria to cut off their roots.

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo NYSC Certificate: DSS Confirms Alteration by Gondonu: 10:06pm On Jun 01, 2020
Useless DSS just an object of oppression.All because of a failed nation.

6 Likes

Re: Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo NYSC Certificate: DSS Confirms Alteration by ejimatic: 11:25pm On Jun 01, 2020
fergie001:
The last time I met Justice Sirajo was when he headed Adeleke Oyetola tribunal in Osun.He knows much about electoral acts and provisions in the constitution.My concern now is why the deputy governor apply for a change of spelling? Is it to maintain consistency in his name or for another purpose? It is clear he applied for the change but reason for the application was not given.Was it a collusion between NYSC and him for an evil means? It is logical for the court to ask him to bring the original copy .There must be a consistency in his certificate or else there is foul play in his name arrangement without any supporting affidavit.At any rate the deputy governor has to clarify his change of spelling of his name with a substantive evidence.If he is found guilty it will spell doom for their joint ticket.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo NYSC Certificate: DSS Confirms Alteration by senatordave1(m): 11:41pm On Jun 01, 2020
ejimatic:
The last I met Justice Sirajo was when he headed Adeleke Oyetola tribunal in Osun.He knows much about electoral acts and provisions in the constitution.My concern now is why the deputy governor apply for a change of spelling? Is it to maintain consistency in his name or for another purpose? It is clear he applied for the change but reason for the application was not given? It is logical for the court to ask him to bring the original copy .There must be a consistency in his certificate or else there is foul play in his name arrangement without any supporting affidavit.At any rate the deputy governor has to clarify his change of spelling of his name with a substantive evidence.If he is found guilty it will spell doom for their joint ticket.

I think we will find out at tomorrow's hearings
Re: Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo NYSC Certificate: DSS Confirms Alteration by senatordave1(m): 11:41pm On Jun 01, 2020
Gondonu:
Useless DSS just an object of oppression.All because of a failed nation.

How

2 Likes

Re: Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo NYSC Certificate: DSS Confirms Alteration by bayotwice(f): 11:49pm On Jun 01, 2020
sad
Re: Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo NYSC Certificate: DSS Confirms Alteration by ejimatic: 11:51pm On Jun 01, 2020
senatordave1:

I think we will find out at tomorrow's hearings
exactly
Re: Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo NYSC Certificate: DSS Confirms Alteration by senatordave1(m): 11:55pm On Jun 01, 2020
fergie001:

Alteration by whom?
Lawrence or Nysc?

He wrote for the name to be corrected, which NYSC effected. Abi no be so?

But what about d, a and o?

How come all his certificates have different surnames and spellings even more than degi.
The minor problem he has is that it’s a bit baffling that the NYSC would issue a certificate in 2019 to correct a mistake on a certificate of 1998 and retain the same reference number and the signature of an official who is no longer with the institution on the new certificate. It’s baffling.

It is even more baffling that the NYSC has watched the controversy for months and said nothing. Why couldn’t the NYSC use one tweet to say it issued both certificates. Simple. If the deputy governor is innocent, and we must assume he is, then the NYSC has not helped his cause by allowing rumours to fester.

November 2019, the PDP candidate, Diri, picked Lawrence Ewhrudjakpo as his running mate. Ewhrudjakpo submitted a new exemption certificate. The new certificate had the correct spelling of his name, had the same reference number as the old one, and was signed by the same Brigadier Dule who signed the first exemption certificate in 1998. The new one came on a different sheet of paper.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo NYSC Certificate: DSS Confirms Alteration by senatordave1(m): 12:01am On Jun 02, 2020
ejimatic:
exactly

Can't wait

1 Like

Re: Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo NYSC Certificate: DSS Confirms Alteration by JAMO84: 12:04am On Jun 02, 2020
Seems Goodluck Jonathan is the only one whose name can be easily written in the whole of Bayelsa.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo NYSC Certificate: DSS Confirms Alteration by AstralBody: 12:05am On Jun 02, 2020
senatordave1:
This one that enoidem is involved means that pdp are really scared
Hope u cleaned the toilet very well?
Stupid boy!

1 Like

Re: Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo NYSC Certificate: DSS Confirms Alteration by ThatFairGuy: 8:11am On Jun 02, 2020
Arm crossed as event keeps unfolding. Meanwhile, Duoye diri must go. He shouldn't enjoy this daylight stolen mandate in the guise of diverted constitution by one judge

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo NYSC Certificate: DSS Confirms Alteration by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:11am On Jun 02, 2020
There was a country!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo NYSC Certificate: DSS Confirms Alteration by constant1960: 8:12am On Jun 02, 2020
Here we go again
I see this country we die here
Re: Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo NYSC Certificate: DSS Confirms Alteration by davibid: 8:12am On Jun 02, 2020
S
Re: Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo NYSC Certificate: DSS Confirms Alteration by jericco1(m): 8:13am On Jun 02, 2020
undecided
Re: Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo NYSC Certificate: DSS Confirms Alteration by obataokenwa(m): 8:13am On Jun 02, 2020
Imagine what someone is using as a excuse to disqualify a duly elected governor of a state. That a mistake was made by nysc in writing D instead of O and the guy corrected it.

The first instance, is the certificate authentic and does it belong to the owner?

I'm not a lawyer but that certificate is not a prerequisite to become a deputy governor. If the other certificate meets the requirements to qualify him as the deputy, then the alteration in the authentic nysc certificate becomes useless.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fuel hike: Pro-Tinubu Protesters Storm National Assembly / Throwback Photo Of Saraki And Dangote "Friendship Goals" / Meet Ololade Abdulai Akinsanya, MC Oluomo's Son Who Graduated In The U.S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.