Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,539 members, 7,823,357 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? (27363 Views)

I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology / How Much Does A BSC Holder Earn As A University Non-Academic Staff? / Meet Onayemi Temitope Timothy, Hunter With Bsc. And Msc. In Criminology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by xcelentattitude(m): 1:17pm On Jun 02, 2020
You can help count Vote in Kano state during the next presidential election.

Or

You can work in your local Government grin

Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by Emax911: 1:17pm On Jun 02, 2020
very simple

join INEC and start counting votes

on a serious note, build your skills on programming, Excel, data maths and be a hot personnel and see where the market leads u

cheers on your admission

1 Share

Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by SmartyPants(m): 1:18pm On Jun 02, 2020
topedoski:
I am currently a student in Ahmadu Bello University Zaria. I applied for Computer Science but I was offered Statistics. I had no other options than to go for it. I have been at home with no admission for 3 years and my junior brother would also be writing Jamb next year, so you see?

Well I discovered that I haven't really think about the course Statistics because I have always dreamt of being a computer scientist, I even learnt how to code while at home. But this statistics is like a new world to me. I want to know what and what I will be facing as a statistician, what kind of career field are available or open for someone who read statistics.

Statisticians are the marketing experts of the future. We are in the age of big data, and those who know how to process data into information that can help executives make more effective decisions will be in hot demand.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by OmoDavido(m): 1:18pm On Jun 02, 2020
Banks and Secondary school

1 Like

Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by maggilove(f): 1:18pm On Jun 02, 2020
Statistics is a very good course with good opportunities if you utilize well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by ceejayluv(m): 1:19pm On Jun 02, 2020
topedoski:

I just want to know the opportunities available cry
Data science, Machine learning, artificial intelligence. Gather as much of the mentioned skills online before you graduate to backup your degree. They are all founded on the principles of statistical algorithms.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by Grupo(m): 1:19pm On Jun 02, 2020
Just continue to learn a relevant programming language and be good at it.

As for your statistics degree, your only option is to start teaching maths in secondary schools when you graduate.

Programming will take you far.
Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by Hndrrxxx(m): 1:19pm On Jun 02, 2020
Fly like G-4 or Silicon Valley
Just fall in love with Dead People❣️✔️
Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by kingorch: 1:19pm On Jun 02, 2020
NCDC... Help keep with the statistics of you know what..

1 Like

Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by ealtutu: 1:20pm On Jun 02, 2020
Bet Naija
Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by Boxers01(m): 1:20pm On Jun 02, 2020
Come and learn data science / analytics skills and you'll be able to work anywhere..

I've got the courses you'll need, check my profile

1 Like

Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by bigDickson(m): 1:20pm On Jun 02, 2020
You didn't think of that before studying statistics... Isioto
Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by Doyin2(m): 1:20pm On Jun 02, 2020
National Bureau of Statistics

Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by tonykel1(m): 1:20pm On Jun 02, 2020
You are highly needed in CBN.

1 Like

Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by kryptem: 1:21pm On Jun 02, 2020
Bro, continue learning your choice direction in full stack development or programming at your leisure.
With your statistics, you can venture into data science or machine learning and strive to be the best as statistician. It's not far from your initial dream at all. It gives you easy access self.
Again, take your time to Google the convergence of your computer science dream and the statistics you finally landed. You will be able to project ahead better into the future. Just research bro especially at this early stage; the earlier the better.
However, in contemporary Nigeria, with your stats, you can work in NPC, BPE, BDC, BANKS, INEC, FIRS, etc, etc
Just be good in your study, the convergence with your desired computer science dream is a thin line. Go get it bro.....
Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by xcelentattitude(m): 1:21pm On Jun 02, 2020
AllenSpencer:
You fit into almost anywhere!

Cant think of where you dont fit in.

Even inside a shrine. church or mosque, your expertise will be required

It seems you have affiliation with a shrine undecided

You are fond of mentioning ritualist, registered ritualist and the likes sad
Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by 21cents: 1:21pm On Jun 02, 2020
hmnnnnnnn egungun be careful.

Computer/ statistics is not for the faint hearted. you need to tighten your belt and give all you have especially in your first year in school. you need a very good grade in your first year. e get why!.

that being said, you can work as a data analyst in any organization you can think of. it's a good course.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by chrischukszy01(m): 1:21pm On Jun 02, 2020
Mortuary....idiot!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by RapistOnBail: 1:22pm On Jun 02, 2020
cheesy

Good question in a wrong domain
Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by SpatialKing(m): 1:22pm On Jun 02, 2020
NoIgboSoundTueh:

The field is saturated or should i say there is not enough opportunities in nigeria

There are oh....

It all depends on how good you are..

Go on LinkedIn you will see Monitoring and Evaluation Roles advised daily.
Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by captianfreeman(m): 1:22pm On Jun 02, 2020
Riftvisa:
100% visa application guaranteed 10 SLOTS AVAILABLE AFTER THE PANDEMIC LOCKDOWN; HURRY NOW AND CALL 080::34::27::19::32 FOR MORE INFORMATION.
This is an opportunity to apply for Two years U.S.A, CANADA, AUSTRALIA, SOUTH KOREA and any other country working visa; for both
Family and single packages.
Note : NO DOWN PAYMENT UNTIL visa IS OUT AND Payment must be made immediately your visa and employment letter is out. PLEASE ONLY INTERESTED PERSONS CAN CONTACT/WHATSAPP US ON 080::34::27::19::32
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by OgwuEgo: 1:22pm On Jun 02, 2020
Access Bank
Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by ocjohnsta: 1:23pm On Jun 02, 2020
As a statistician you can be fit in any organisation business, health, industries, banking, aviation, taxation etc.... Because its deals with field of all study.

1 Like

Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by Sholaco: 1:23pm On Jun 02, 2020
Secondary school
Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by AllenSpencer: 1:23pm On Jun 02, 2020
xcelentattitude:

It seems you have affiliation with a shrine undecided

You are fond of mentioning ritualist, registered ritualist and the likes sad

Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by stagger: 1:24pm On Jun 02, 2020
The Internet of Things (IoT) is all based on data.

Statisticians are one of the most sought after professionals now. If you know, you know.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by Enwhen(m): 1:24pm On Jun 02, 2020
topedoski:
I am currently a student in Ahmadu Bello University Zaria. I applied for Computer Science but I was offered Statistics. I had no other options than to go for it. I have been at home with no admission for 3 years and my junior brother would also be writing Jamb next year, so you see?

Well I discovered that I haven't really think about the course Statistics because I have always dreamt of being a computer scientist, I even learnt how to code while at home. But this statistics is like a new world to me. I want to know what and what I will be facing as a statistician, what kind of career field are available or open for someone who read statistics.

INEC ...u want more

Assure me that u wouldn't , rig election first
Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by Horlarwaileh(m): 1:25pm On Jun 02, 2020
Dont border your self my brother.
There is no where particularly where your statistic can be demanded except private schools as mathematics teacher.
What to do is to continue with your computer science carrier and become a computer scientist despite that you dont study it at school, is not compulsory to be certified b4 you work as a computer scientist in any company.once you have your knowledge.
Just try to develop your self and become independent.
Continue doing yiur statistics then dont forget your computer science at a time.
Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 02, 2020
topedoski:

Since you already like coding you can look into Data science and big data, truth is you can work anywhere, most companies take just about any major course as a graduate trainee
Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by SaneMan: 1:25pm On Jun 02, 2020

DONT PAY HEAVILY TO LEARN AGAIN

SKILLSHARE AND LINKEDLN LEARNING PREMIUM COURSE AVAILABLE AT A GIVEAWAY PRICE..INSTANT ACCESS TO ALL COURSES FOR YOU.

MSG VIA SIGNATURE

Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by subcbouy: 1:25pm On Jun 02, 2020
Sometimes, if not many times, what you read may and may not define where you will be. I have a brother who read archaeology in UI. Initially, it was disturbing, but I can tell you now, he is a big boy in the oil industry as a mud engineer. Don't allow this worry your studies. You just concentrate and learn as much as possible as you climb the ladder to your dream career.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is The Legal Profession As Lucrative As It Used To Be? / Airport Guards Who Returned Bag Of Dollars, Finally Honoured. Photos / 76-Year-Old Borno Civil Sevant Who Still Collects N675 As Pension (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.