Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,712 members, 7,824,022 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? (27373 Views)

I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology / How Much Does A BSC Holder Earn As A University Non-Academic Staff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by Pauladex(m): 1:58pm On Jun 02, 2020
You can work anywhere, CNN, NNPC, Hotel, filling Station just name it.
Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by BluntTheApostle(m): 1:59pm On Jun 02, 2020
win2kwire:
STOP STUDYING USELESS DEGREES FROM 50 YEARS AGO NAIJA MENTALITY, SOCIOLOGY, STATISTICS, MASS COMM.

CHECK THE GLOBAL TREND AND SUBJECTS THAT ARE CAREER BUILDING NOT ONLY IN NIGERIA BUT ON EARTH!

IT DOES NOT ONLY HAVE TO BE A DEGREE, IT COULD BE TRADES AND SKILLS!

You called statistics a useless course?

Without statistics, we will not even be able to quantify observations.

DSTV/GOTV, for instance, will not even be able to tailor their new prices to fit the government's VAT increase.

WHO will not be able to tell the prevalence rate of Covid-19.

Researchers who established a link between blood types and Covid-19 susceptibility will not even be able to get such information.

There is no industry in this world where statistics is not needed.

1 Like

Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by ovoP(m): 2:00pm On Jun 02, 2020
you can easily switch in your year 2...

Any course you're been offered by the university, take it, work hard and switch if you still want to... some end up falling in love with the courses they where given
Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by ceevee2003: 2:01pm On Jun 02, 2020
Nigeria is a destiny changer. See as them force person do course wey him mind no dey. Where your dreams are rearranged for you. My friend wey study architecture dey work for gtb.
Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by olatunji390(m): 2:01pm On Jun 02, 2020
topedoski:
I am currently a student in Ahmadu Bello University Zaria. I applied for Computer Science but I was offered Statistics. I had no other options than to go for it. I have been at home with no admission for 3 years and my junior brother would also be writing Jamb next year, so you see?

Well I discovered that I haven't really think about the course Statistics because I have always dreamt of being a computer scientist, I even learnt how to code while at home. But this statistics is like a new world to me. I want to know what and what I will be facing as a statistician, what kind of career field are available or open for someone who read statistics.

Budget department of any government establishment
Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by ceevee2003: 2:06pm On Jun 02, 2020
You can do change of course to CS after year 1
Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by rowrowland: 2:10pm On Jun 02, 2020
seanwilliam:
Na lecturing be your sure bet.
That was in time past. Data Science is a super hot cake right now. It's where all the excitements are right now.

1 Like

Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by Grateful02(m): 2:10pm On Jun 02, 2020
OP please what level are you? And how is it there?

topedoski:
I am currently a student in Ahmadu Bello University Zaria. I applied for Computer Science but I was offered Statistics. I had no other options than to go for it. I have been at home with no admission for 3 years and my junior brother would also be writing Jamb next year, so you see?

Well I discovered that I haven't really think about the course Statistics because I have always dreamt of being a computer scientist, I even learnt how to code while at home. But this statistics is like a new world to me. I want to know what and what I will be facing as a statistician, what kind of career field are available or open for someone who read statistics.
Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by contigiency(m): 2:12pm On Jun 02, 2020
bigiyaro:
you can work as a data analyst..... also this is naija, you can work anywhere u have connection.

It's not only in Nigeria. Even in America, you can work in a lot of places no matter what you have studied. Do you know that the current minister for health in America did not study any health related course in the university? It's just that some people worship certificate instead of capacity and skill to deliver.

1 Like

Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by lummiedee: 2:12pm On Jun 02, 2020
Ministry of Health
Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by Klechman(m): 2:12pm On Jun 02, 2020
NoIgboSoundTueh:

The field is saturated or should i say there is not enough opportunities in nigeria
Are you really sure
Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by merits(m): 2:12pm On Jun 02, 2020
topedoski:

But why can't you wait till you get your dream course?

Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by redsun(m): 2:13pm On Jun 02, 2020
Set up your own firm when you finish. Nigeria is still in the dark and obviously, needs statistical analysis to upgrade to at least 20th-century civilisation.

1 Like

Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by toluoni(m): 2:15pm On Jun 02, 2020
You don't even have to worry about where to work, data scientists are in high demands. Computer science can wait till when you are ready for msc
Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by OKTolu: 2:18pm On Jun 02, 2020
This is 9ja you can work anywhere, you can even be politician and be doing statistics with 9ja money

Anything is possible if you believe
Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by Kadi76: 2:21pm On Jun 02, 2020
i don laugh taya.

Bros, i graduated with a Bsc statistics some years. I started my career as a Banker.
I move to become and Auditor/Investigation officer still in a financial institution. (I got a certification as a Certified Fraud Examiner CFE)
Presently working as a Regional compliance Officer for a multinational (got a Certification as a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Officer CAMS)
Looking forward to own my Consultancy firm soon.

So like many people said.....you can work anywhere....just your focus and determination.

1 Like

Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by bonifaceimo2: 2:23pm On Jun 02, 2020
National Bureau of statistics office
Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by tclagos: 2:25pm On Jun 02, 2020
Hi everyone,

Do you have need for mobility in Lagos, to execute projects that would require a run-around town, with multiple stopovers, and for extended hours? If so, then please allow me be your Chauffeur, so you focus on what's important, while being driven around in Air-conditioned comfort. You can have me for 12 hours, or other flexible arrangements depending on your need.

I am also available for deliveries, as needed by Small businesses. As well as for School Runs for the busy parent. 07066880314 is the number to call. I will always be at your service.

Thank you.
Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by Churchill6767: 2:25pm On Jun 02, 2020
Bet9ja
Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by win2kwire: 2:28pm On Jun 02, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

You called statistics a useless course?
Without statistics, we will not even be able to quantify observations.
DSTV/GOTV, for instance, will not even be able to tailor their new prices to fit the government's VAT increase.
WHO will not be able to tell the prevalence rate of Covid-19.
Researchers who established a link between blood types and Covid-19 susceptibility will not even be able to get such information.
There is no industry in this world where statistics is not needed.

I have looked at the sectors where Nigeria employs foreigners due to locals proving for decades that they are not ready and none of the sectors lists these rubbish degrees Nigerian kids want to study like their ancestors.

Agricultural sciences, food technologies and security.

Telecommunications, of which Nigerians are enslaved with call and data costs is managed by foreigners who charge what they like because locals cannot compete or acquire technology skills needed to innovate alternatives.

Electrification, 58 years straight of mostly darkness while the youth are busy studying rubbish degrees that add no value to innovation and power source options

Natural resource degrees in prospecting, exploration, upstream / down stream processing.

mining

Healthcare

The list is endless and is almost always at odds with the mentality of Nigerian students!!!
Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by feedthenation(m): 2:29pm On Jun 02, 2020
So many options for employment within most sectors, or better still take the educational route to postgraduate.
Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by drlateef: 2:32pm On Jun 02, 2020
Go and read Epidemiology as MSc. From there move into healthcare field. There is plenty of jobs abroad and rarely in Nigeria due to man-know-man syndrome. WHO, world bank, other international organisations will grab you without having to know anyone. You can even do PHD in health economics or public health administration. You can see how you meander your way through?

2 Likes

Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by doneyor(m): 2:34pm On Jun 02, 2020
Where ever God wants you to work
Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by obinoral1179(m): 2:35pm On Jun 02, 2020
topedoski:

I was in your shoe some years back but I sure you that statistics will give you a broad mind about life and you can work in any place deals with human and data because DATA is life not MTN and Airtel data oooo....
Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by coolqayy(m): 2:35pm On Jun 02, 2020
My brother u can work anywhere in nigeria.imagine my brada studied agricultural tech. He is a branch manager in a bank
Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by madridsta007(m): 2:36pm On Jun 02, 2020
topedoski:

Work hard to get a 2.1 or a 1st Class.
Develop your mathematical modelling skills and programming knowledge. R, Python, discrete event simulation, witness, etc.
Then apply for a MSc or a PhD degree (much asier if you have a 1st Class) outside Nigeria when you are done and leave Nigeria.
BSc mathematics and statistics is HIGHLY sought out outside Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 02, 2020
You can do a lot with it. You have some great suggestions in the thread. Good luck.
Re: Where Can Someone With Bsc. Statistics Work? by soleexx(m): 2:37pm On Jun 02, 2020
What's your knowledge level wirh computer softwares??...
You wanna become a data scientist everyone is talking about?
Learn programming Move to another language Move to another language
Data science is not a beans its not for everybody But definitely easy to start with you mathematical experience
GoodLuck...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Airport Guards Who Returned Bag Of Dollars, Finally Honoured. Photos / 76-Year-Old Borno Civil Sevant Who Still Collects N675 As Pension (Photo) / Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.