Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Edo 2020: Buhari Summons Oshiomhole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2020: Buhari Summons Oshiomhole (34695 Views)

President Buhari Summons Imo Governor, Minister Of Power / Budget 2020: Buhari "I Have Cold Because I'm Working Hard" / Buhari Summons Tinubu, Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo 2020: Buhari Summons Oshiomhole by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 02, 2020
Following interventions by governors elected on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC), President Muhammadu Buhari is set to intervene in the political impasse in Edo State as he has summoned Comrade Adams Oshiomhole for a parley, Daily Independent has gathered.

A member of the party’s National Working Committee (NWC), who confirmed the development to Daily Independent, said Oshiomhole will meet with the president at the Presidential Villa tomorrow (today)

“I’m aware the president has summoned the national chairman and they will meet at the Villa tomorrow (today). I think the issue will be resolved.

There will be primaries but I think it will not be done in a way to put the governors of Edo and Ondo at a disadvantage”, he said. President Buhari on Monday met with Edo governor, Godwin Obaseki, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja. On Sunday, eight APC governors met with the national leader of the party, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, at the State House, Marina, Lagos State, to canvass support for Obaseki’s re-election.

They also proceeded to Abuja on Monday where they met with the leadership of the National Working Committee (NWC) led by Oshiomhole. Obaseki has been engaged in a political tussle with his predecessor and godfather, Adams Oshiomhole, who is also the national chairman of the party.

As the race for the number one seat in Edo State heats up, Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State, on Monday, paid a visit to President Muhammadu Buhari where he intimated him that he was seeking re-election on the platform of the APC.

Obaseki, who briefed State House correspondents on the purpose of the visit, said even though President Buhari was a father, it would be wrong to assume or take things for granted, so he had to formally come to inform him of his decision to seek re-election.

The governor also said over 300,000 indigenes of the state had been screened for COVID-19 out of the 500,000 target set by the government.

This is even as he vowed to ensure the killers of the 100-level student of the University of Benin, Uwaila Omozuwa, were tracked and brought to justice, describing the crime as heinous. “Well, I came to see Mr. President to formally inform him of my desire and intention to seek re-election as governor of Edo State on the platform of the APC in the forthcoming gubernatorial elections.

“As father of our country, as a president, you don’t assume or take things for granted – I just had to formally come to inform him and solicit his support in my gubernatorial bid. “Well, I believe having been governor of the state for three years and the jury’s out, you can check with Edo people whether as governor, I have served credibly, I have served the people of Edo.

“The general consensus is that we have done well as a government and that people would like us to continue with the laudable programmes and policies which we have been taking over in the last three years.

“If you recall when I got into power as governor, one thing Edo was noted for was human trafficking.

“We had over 30,000 of Edo citizens, who were at Libya waiting to cross into Europe. Today, in less than three years, we have stopped it.

“We celebrated globally across the continent in terms of the reforms we’ve undertaken in basic education this country. “Those children, I can’t abandon them.

We can’t stop what we have achieved to date. “So, based on that, we believe that because of a connection which we have created with our people, I have no doubt in our minds that we will win any elections, direct/ indirect, general elections in Edo State,” he stated.

Commenting on his misunderstanding with the party’s national chairman, Adams Oshiomhole, he said he was misguided to think that he (Obaseki) could be defeated. The governor, however, said peace was paramount.

“The problem in Edo is not from within Edo, it is from outside. So, I don’t see the person I am competing or contesting against; he’s not in Edo, he is in Abuja.

“It is unfortunate, the position he (Adams Oshiomhole) has taken, I believe that he was misguided, well not properly guided, and as governor and his governor, and is my responsibility to seek peace for my state and with all my citizens.

“I will continue to strive for peace, I’ll continue to pursue peace, seek the interest of our people.

“I’m open, I will always call that we should talk about how to move things forward.

“We cannot turn back the hands of the clock. So, there are certain things we just must accept and see how we can move forward and build on, where we are. “So, the relationship is still frosty.

I’m doing all I can, doing my best to try and make it warm, try and meet just for the sake of Edo people, whatever it will take to have peace, you know, so whatever it will take not to lose lives in Edo, I am committed to.

“Whatever I can do that is within the law, whatever I can do that is constitutional, I will do,” he stated.

https://www.independent.ng/edo-2020-buhari-intervenes-summons-oshiomhole/

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Summons Oshiomhole by jjcgrill(f): 11:15am On Jun 02, 2020
Ok

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Summons Oshiomhole by ODJ124(m): 11:16am On Jun 02, 2020
cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Summons Oshiomhole by psychalade: 11:20am On Jun 02, 2020
In other to favour (his adversaries) akeredolu and Obaseki, Oshiomhole should organize primaries that would put other aspirants at a disadvantage. I find it funny we often want others to do tasks we ourselves find very unpleasant to undertake grin

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Summons Oshiomhole by BranddesignerH: 11:33am On Jun 02, 2020
That's what you get when everyone on board is a captain

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Summons Oshiomhole by ajailer(m): 11:37am On Jun 02, 2020
I listened to him on NTA news yesterday night at the presidential Villa where he said, "we cannot turn back the hands of the clock"... dis got me wondering, is Obaseki now seeking for peace and wishing what happened between them(court case against oshiomole) never happened?

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Summons Oshiomhole by Nobody: 11:44am On Jun 02, 2020
Obaseki

Going!

Going!!

Going!!!

GONE

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Summons Oshiomhole by adekolaelect(m): 11:58am On Jun 02, 2020
Obaseki is too small to fight oshiomole in his first term as a governor .van we now see him running up and down like baby rat on the already lost to say second term ambition .

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Summons Oshiomhole by Pfunds: 12:12pm On Jun 02, 2020
This Space is for sell
Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Summons Oshiomhole by YorubaKinging: 12:13pm On Jun 02, 2020
Now that the coronaVirus scam Is over
Let's take the time to rewind to January when it all started

We remember when the foolish and lying scientists said Africa will record the highest death toll

We remember when the foolish Nairaland aethists was ignorantly making jest of our God that he can't save us

We also remember how those whom you put your trusts (the FGN) failed you woefully by failing to give you any incentives despites receiving many donations

We will no forget how the scientists were confused about the prevention of this UNdeadly virus (only those infected would wear face masks..... and later everybody must wear facemask)

But at the end of the day , we are still safe
The Lion of Judah has delivered us from the plans of the wicked people

Only God can save,
All power belongs to Him alone
Always put your trusts in Him

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Summons Oshiomhole by richard870(m): 12:13pm On Jun 02, 2020
Hmnmn. I sometimes wonder why people support these selfish politicians. None of them wants to relinquish power, not even years after leaving office. Kudos to ex president Jonathan any day, dude got it figured out that power is transient.

6 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Summons Oshiomhole by Afamed: 12:13pm On Jun 02, 2020
Is okay. One thing is 100% certain, PMB will never change the direct position of the party.
You can take this to bank
And I am 100% certain, this news of PMB summoning Oshiomole is 2000000% fake news

20 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Summons Oshiomhole by awoniyi1236(m): 12:14pm On Jun 02, 2020
Everything in this country is just a Game �
Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Summons Oshiomhole by janedonez(m): 12:14pm On Jun 02, 2020
Going going gone!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Summons Oshiomhole by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:14pm On Jun 02, 2020
grin grin
Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Summons Oshiomhole by DenreleDave(m): 12:14pm On Jun 02, 2020
Summon or beg osho baba

Misleading title

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Summons Oshiomhole by kcute(m): 12:14pm On Jun 02, 2020
Oshiomhole is going to far in Edo state, he’s aware his political root is still shallow in the hearts of the edo people especially the Beni and Esan. Oshio showed us light but took it away with his greed and power drunk attitude. Obaseki is neither here or there in state affairs he’s either silent because of national influence from Abuja which he’s hoping to save his lost ass. Roads half baked, education same, security same. The guy is same with his monkey master. I wonder why this people can’t see what the likes of Obiano of anambra is doing. I’m serving in Anambra I can vividly tell you that they have the best road network in all of the state’s I have been to.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Summons Oshiomhole by berrystunn(m): 12:14pm On Jun 02, 2020
Imagine Nigeria without APC , buhari, Osho, Fulani herdsmen, ipob, Nnamdi kanu, SARS, OPC, kidnappers, bandit, Boko Haram, jihadist, rapists.
And those that refuse to say no to hard drugs.

Nigeria matter will be settled.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Summons Oshiomhole by Chapii: 12:15pm On Jun 02, 2020
People that thinks that Oshiomole will just match into Edo State, pick up a victory for Ize-Iyamu and walk away are jokers. Oshiomole's camp that have been unable to even hold rallies. Zamfara will be a child's play if Oshiomole persists in his stubbornness.
Imagine campaigning for Yaya Bello and you now say Obaseki must go. Are we kids?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Summons Oshiomhole by pyyxxaro: 12:15pm On Jun 02, 2020
The Child the gods want to destroy

Sometimes they make the child deaf , sometimes they make the child blind..

Obaseki has been AMBODED officially

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Summons Oshiomhole by sammsimm(m): 12:15pm On Jun 02, 2020
Summon ko sumoni ni... Tinubu behind oshiomole! Obaseki is finished politically

4 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Summons Oshiomhole by DrBasit(m): 12:15pm On Jun 02, 2020
Nothing can stop Ize-Iyamu for clinching the ticket... It's late for Obaseki already.... Loyalty matters in Politics......

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Summons Oshiomhole by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 02, 2020
In all sincerity, Obaseki hasn't performed badly in governance.....it's quite unfortunate he finds himself in such position.....it's pretty clear he didn't handle his rift with oshiomole very well and I believe he has learnt some lessons with the recent travels he has been making...
#justiceforuwa

4 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Summons Oshiomhole by DonDraper66: 12:15pm On Jun 02, 2020
This oshiomole dress sense is lost ,,,, kaki master

3 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Summons Oshiomhole by iCauseTrouble: 12:15pm On Jun 02, 2020
Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Summons Oshiomhole by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:15pm On Jun 02, 2020
Anything to move our darling nation forward is what we are after.

God bless our darling Daddy, along with his amiable Vice president as they are doing everything to make our once battered and looted nation work again.

God bless Nigeria.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Summons Oshiomhole by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 02, 2020
buhari has no reelection to worry about. he don't have to please Osho and tinubu

3 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Summons Oshiomhole by Caseless: 12:16pm On Jun 02, 2020
why is obaseki now begging? He's not grandstanding again.
He should ask jibrila bindow of adamawa how fighting party members/elders cost him his second term. I don't want to even cite ambode's example here.
Obaseki and shuaibu claimed they learnt everything they're doing from oshiomhole and oshio responded by saying he didn't teach them how to lose election.
I asked why oshiomhole and the party supported yahaya bello but obaseki is not enjoying same support from the national chairman of the party, and the anrwer I got is convincing: yahaya bello delivers for the party in all elections, but obaseki destroys the party in the state.
Obaseki should have found a better and systematic way of fighting oshiomhole who fought everything to install him as governor, instead of using shuaibu and other thugs against him.
If he's popular in all the 18Lgs of the state as he and ipod claim, he should go for the direct primary.

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Jonathan Orders Removal Of His Campaign Posters, Billboards Nationwide / Nobody Was Burnt, It Was Okada That Got Burnt. / Speakership: Gbajabiamila Wins APC Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.