Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

President Jonathan Orders Removal Of His Campaign Posters, Billboards Nationwide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Orders Removal Of His Campaign Posters, Billboards Nationwide (34695 Views)

Ortom Orders Removal Of His Name From Wheelbarrows, Hoes / Campaign Posters Of Candidates For Rivers Re-run Elections (photos) / Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan Orders Removal Of His Campaign Posters, Billboards Nationwide by lalasticlala(m): 4:16pm On Apr 23, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan on Thursday directed the Peoples Democratic Party Presidential Campaign Organisation and other bodies that campaigned for his re-election to start removing the posters, billboards, banners, signs and other campaign materials they erected nationwide.

In a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Dr. Reuben Abati, the President said with the 2015 general elections over, it was appropriate that steps be taken to restore the environment in Nigerian cities, towns and villages to their pre-elections campaign state.

Jonathan urged Nigerians to put the recent political campaigns behind them and join hands with the incoming administration in working for a more united, peaceful, stable and progressive nation.

The statement read, “With the 2015 presidential elections now concluded and the country preparing for the inauguration of a new administration on May 29, President Goodluck Jonathan believes that it is appropriate that steps be taken to restore the environment in Nigerian cities, towns and villages to their pre-elections campaign state.

“Accordingly, President Jonathan directs that the PDP Presidential Campaign Organisation and the various associations that coalesced into the Jonathan/Sambo Support Group immediately begin the process of removing the posters, billboards, banners, signs and other campaign materials in support of his re-election bid which still adorn the landscape in major cities across the country.

“The President thanks all individuals and organisations who made sincere contributions and worked with immense dedication for the Jonathan/ Sambo Campaign.

“He applauds his supporters and other Nigerians for the disciplined, patriotic and democratic manner in which they comported themselves before, during and after the elections.

“Now that the elections are over except for re-runs in a few states, President Jonathan urges Nigerians to put the recent political campaigns behind them and join hands with the incoming administration in working for a more united, peaceful, stable and progressive nation.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-orders-removal-of-campaign-posters-billboards-nationwide/

15 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Orders Removal Of His Campaign Posters, Billboards Nationwide by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 23, 2015
GENTLE MAN OF THE FEDERATION

NICE MOVE

ejidokun and aminat508

MEANWHILE SOMEONE...

Policeman: Akpos, how did you kill 47 people in a car accident? Akpos: I dey driving at about 40mph, when I tried
to stop I found that my breaks no dey work again. So I saw 2 men walking on the
street and a wedding on the other side of the street, na where i go turn to? Policeman:
Of course the 2 men, less damage. Then what happened?
Akpos: na wetin I think o, but when I did it, na only one
person i hit and the other one
ran to the wedding, so i pursue
the other one go the
wedding...

cry cry cry

177 Likes 15 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Orders Removal Of His Campaign Posters, Billboards Nationwide by dunkem21(m): 4:18pm On Apr 23, 2015
GEJ MY HERO grin grin grin ..

..Who is my Role Model? grin grin grin grin ..

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Orders Removal Of His Campaign Posters, Billboards Nationwide by iyatrustee(f): 4:18pm On Apr 23, 2015
About time!

There is one particular that each time i drive pass it, something in me feels like coming down and giving Sambo a resounding slap!

But Then...........

Wetin be my own! afterall, they would collect their gratuity and pension cheesy

80 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Orders Removal Of His Campaign Posters, Billboards Nationwide by Flye: 4:19pm On Apr 23, 2015
The man dey vex oooo, does he regret contesting.

12 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Orders Removal Of His Campaign Posters, Billboards Nationwide by theV0ice: 4:19pm On Apr 23, 2015
About time
Re: President Jonathan Orders Removal Of His Campaign Posters, Billboards Nationwide by Elslim: 4:19pm On Apr 23, 2015
nice one... otouke loading....

20 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Orders Removal Of His Campaign Posters, Billboards Nationwide by Mutuwa(m): 4:20pm On Apr 23, 2015
He need not to order,that has been gloriously done even before then.

10 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Orders Removal Of His Campaign Posters, Billboards Nationwide by Destined2win: 4:20pm On Apr 23, 2015
It is long overdue!

6 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Orders Removal Of His Campaign Posters, Billboards Nationwide by vedd: 4:21pm On Apr 23, 2015
Set up a committee for that grin grin

Yes, elections have come and gone but Nigerians can never forget how he nearly destroyed our national unity and public order through his hate-filled campaign, witch-hunt, and the 2trillion naira campaing spending in his failed bid to further impoverish the masses with his cluelessness and incompetence.

That, we can never forget!

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Orders Removal Of His Campaign Posters, Billboards Nationwide by imbless: 4:21pm On Apr 23, 2015
Oga jona , my president, ur smile strikes me, u teach me to smile in my predicament, if not for the judas in ur cabinet, u would've remain the president.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Orders Removal Of His Campaign Posters, Billboards Nationwide by Dannyset(m): 4:23pm On Apr 23, 2015
LMAOOOOO!
This man is ready to move his dishes out of Aso Rock sef. Well, I think he's right.
And biko let the removing of those posters be done by Fani Kayode ooo! His hand shld be as fast as his mouth. Hahahahahahahaha!

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Orders Removal Of His Campaign Posters, Billboards Nationwide by ionsman: 4:23pm On Apr 23, 2015
He should return the money he and his partners stole from the national coffers. That's what is paramount at the moment.

16 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Orders Removal Of His Campaign Posters, Billboards Nationwide by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 23, 2015
I support him for that, you know the reason why?

Coz if he doesn't order them to remove the billboards, it will jez be like a situation where you create a thread on NL and you see 672 views and 3 comments then you will be like, "Jesus, na me be this?" embarassed

So, he prefers walking in the street where he won't see any billboard that will keep reminding him of his failure.

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Orders Removal Of His Campaign Posters, Billboards Nationwide by LatestTrend: 4:39pm On Apr 23, 2015
wink
Re: President Jonathan Orders Removal Of His Campaign Posters, Billboards Nationwide by Gifted4all(m): 4:39pm On Apr 23, 2015
Directive taken also remember to direct ur party to return the 2trillion used for your campaign

6 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Orders Removal Of His Campaign Posters, Billboards Nationwide by Phikom(m): 4:40pm On Apr 23, 2015
3 eeyahs for GEJ
eeyah! eeyah!! eeyha!!!

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Orders Removal Of His Campaign Posters, Billboards Nationwide by bogolobango(m): 4:40pm On Apr 23, 2015
grin grin grin make him leave those pastors vision might come true

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Orders Removal Of His Campaign Posters, Billboards Nationwide by tiamiyukunle69(m): 4:40pm On Apr 23, 2015
Expired session
Re: President Jonathan Orders Removal Of His Campaign Posters, Billboards Nationwide by SeverusSnape(m): 4:40pm On Apr 23, 2015
dunkem21:
GEJ MY HERO grin grin grin ..

..Who is my Role Model? grin grin grin grin ..
Fayose grin

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Orders Removal Of His Campaign Posters, Billboards Nationwide by madridguy(m): 4:40pm On Apr 23, 2015
Good
Re: President Jonathan Orders Removal Of His Campaign Posters, Billboards Nationwide by 9jvirgin(m): 4:40pm On Apr 23, 2015
Billions gone....chai! undecided

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Orders Removal Of His Campaign Posters, Billboards Nationwide by izenco2005(m): 4:41pm On Apr 23, 2015
.;
Re: President Jonathan Orders Removal Of His Campaign Posters, Billboards Nationwide by BIBILISTIC(f): 4:42pm On Apr 23, 2015
Nice move

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Orders Removal Of His Campaign Posters, Billboards Nationwide by RichDad1(m): 4:42pm On Apr 23, 2015
He should have leave them till 2019 nah. Shebi PDP will bounce back in 2019. Na to just change the date and the picture. cheesy cheesy
Billions of ₦ down the drain.

17 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Orders Removal Of His Campaign Posters, Billboards Nationwide by raumdeuter: 4:42pm On Apr 23, 2015
[size=14pt]Why dem no keep am till 2019.

I think we should actually keep it, whenever in the future Nigerians are being ungrateful those billboards would serve as reminder of the dark ages of the clueless drunkard and we would thank God for his mercies[/size]

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Orders Removal Of His Campaign Posters, Billboards Nationwide by Firefire(m): 4:42pm On Apr 23, 2015
Yeah, the banners and billboards are no longer required.

We thank all those who voted for our preferred candidate.

E se pupo, God bless you all.

Shalom!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Orders Removal Of His Campaign Posters, Billboards Nationwide by naijainfogalery: 4:42pm On Apr 23, 2015
No mind those People Sir Jona, i know how it feels, when my friend once lost SUG position and he still sees his posters evrywhere, he almost ran mad

18 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Orders Removal Of His Campaign Posters, Billboards Nationwide by ruggedboy01: 4:42pm On Apr 23, 2015
In timitemi1's voice, gej my hero
Fayose my .................... cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Orders Removal Of His Campaign Posters, Billboards Nationwide by haibe(m): 4:43pm On Apr 23, 2015
olaxco2f:
GENTLE MAN OF THE FEDERATION

NICE MOVE

MEANWHILE SOMEONE...

Policeman: Akpos, how did you kill 47 people in a car accident? Akpos: I dey driving at about 40mph, when I tried
to stop I found that my breaks no dey work again. So I saw 2 men walking on the
street and a wedding on the other side of the street, na where i go turn to? Policeman:
Of course the 2 men, less damage. Then what happened?
Akpos: na wetin I think o, but when I did it, na only one
person i hit and the other one
ran to the wedding, so i pursue
the other one go the
wedding...

cry cry cry
fucck this

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Orders Removal Of His Campaign Posters, Billboards Nationwide by laurel03(m): 4:43pm On Apr 23, 2015
Soon ds man go become ex president... Life na turn by turn sha... No more hundreds of security, no more road close presido want to past, no more immunity... Etc

19 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is This Story Between Dangote And Benson Idahosa True? / PDP Situation Room in Osun Erupts In Joy (Video) / Moment INEC Announced Ahmadu Fintiri As Winner Of Adamawa Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.