Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,120 members, 7,814,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Five Aspirants To Battle Obaseki For APC Ticket - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Five Aspirants To Battle Obaseki For APC Ticket (31527 Views)

Pressure Mounts On Some Aspirants To Withdraw Ahead Of APC Governorship Primary / President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket / 2019 Presidency: PDP Dumps Consensus Option, May Prune Down Aspirants To 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Aspirants To Battle Obaseki For APC Ticket by Shegunsmart(m): 6:01am On Jun 04, 2020
Six Edo State governorship aspirants in the All Progressives Congress (APC) have submitted their expression of interest and nomination forms ahead of the June 22 primary.

They are Governor Godwin Obaseki, Osagie Ize-Iyamu, Osaro Obaz, Dr Pius Odubu, Matthew Iduoriyekemwe and Chris Ogiemwonyi.

National Organising Secretary, Emma Ibidiro, received the forms on behalf of the APC National Working Committee (NWC) between Monday and Wednesday.

The party realised N135 million from the sale of the forms at N22.5 million each, according to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).

The money includes N2.5 million for Expression of Interest Form and N20 million for the Nomination Form.

The sale of forms began on May 20 and ended on Wednesday.

Obaseki, after submitting his form on Wednesday, asked APC National Chairman Comrade Adams Oshiomole not to interfere in the primary.

He said: “I call on Comrade Oshiomhole to recuse himself from the Edo nomination process because he is an interested party.

“It is against natural justice for a man to be a judge in his own case. So, I think the honourable thing to do is to recuse himself and let’s have a free process and let’s reconcile and build our party.

“On a final note, I am actively pursuing peace, actively pursuing harmony in our party, particularly at home, and I believe that there will be peace.”

The governor denied betraying Oshiomohle who helped him to power in 2016, saying the National Chairman was “a bigger betrayer”.

“In life, everybody gets helped, everybody gets assisted. The person you talked about (Oshiomhole) had no money when he left Labour to contest.

“We knew what we did to make him governor. I sacrificed eight years of my life to serve Edo State Pro-bono. I collected no Kobo to serve him in Edo”.

The governor also debunked reports that he has obtained Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) nomination form.

“It is very absurd. I am someone that is very exposed. How can I collect a form from two parties when we have rulings in the past disqualifying people on that?

“I am a party man to the core. APC is my party because I come from a progressive political family. I believe in the ideals of APC.

“I believe in our President, I believe in what he stands for so I am a party man to the core. I am not an old-style politician. I represent a new direction of politics that is based on facts and truth, not lies,” Obaseki said.

Iduoriyekemwe said he was in the race because the party denied the incumbent the right of first refusal.

The former Edo State House of Assembly Minority Leader expressed his preference for indirect primary.

Ogiemwonyi, a former minister, said the state needed “a governor who has empathy, love and could care for the people”.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/five-aspirants-to-battle-obaseki-for-apc-ticket/amp/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Aspirants To Battle Obaseki For APC Ticket by Shegunsmart(m): 6:02am On Jun 04, 2020
I thought Pius Obudu backed off though. What's happening in Edo Politics?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Aspirants To Battle Obaseki For APC Ticket by Futuragetty: 6:04am On Jun 04, 2020
If Obaseki is still worried after running to Asovilla to see Buhari, then just know that he will lose in this poll.

Recur what happened in Imo APC congress, Buubu won't interfere. Tinubu cannot get involved. he wouldn't want to make oshiobobo his enemy because ordinary gubernatorial election when he has presidential ambition.

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Aspirants To Battle Obaseki For APC Ticket by FivePeas: 6:13am On Jun 04, 2020
Edo on the go
Re: Five Aspirants To Battle Obaseki For APC Ticket by helinues: 6:44am On Jun 04, 2020
All the best to them

1 Like

Re: Five Aspirants To Battle Obaseki For APC Ticket by philo04(m): 7:20am On Jun 04, 2020
Any1 can run but it one runner to win
Re: Five Aspirants To Battle Obaseki For APC Ticket by ThatFairGuy: 7:37am On Jun 04, 2020
The best man should win
Re: Five Aspirants To Battle Obaseki For APC Ticket by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:52am On Jun 04, 2020
Edolites : Vote wisely for the man or woman you believe will change your life and the way you live.

Forget about party politics.

This is the only way all our states and nation at large can move forward.

God bless Edo State.

God bless Nigeria.

osamz007:
[/color] , aren't you an APC member

Let's reply you with a previous post below from another thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/5756309/coronavirus-atiku-asks-fg-pay#87774409
Hope some of your PDP family will learn a few things from it.....

NOW AS [color=#006600]#DemMANNA, LET US SET SOME RECORDS STRAIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL.
(We accept criticism from those that voted for the sowores, Felas, Kingsley, Hashim etc, and those that wanted to give their votes for Madam Oby before she stepped down, we love those guys also, we could have voted for them, they have good plans for the country, but the reality is they don't have the platform, Sowore got only 30K votes all over Nigeria!)
We could have voted for anyone of them if they happen to be in the political party opposing the party of thieves and criminals.
That being cleared,
NOW,
If you voted for a thief and respect our own vote also without quoting or attacking us (we respect your political view, we will never quote you),
but if you voted for a thief who wants to come back to continued from where he stopped and you are here castigating/insulting/attacking us daily, (cos you refuse to respect our own view) all your insults to your heads in multiple folds.
You lots may never end well in life!
What insolence!!
Y'all should noticed we never really say anything about other politicians on this forum apart from the Natural and True love we have for the President and his Vice, cos they are good men who we believe and know have the best interests of Nigeria and Nigerians in their hearts,
all the other ones are not really our fans, no matter the party they are , both in APC and PDP.

That is why we are never a card carrying member of any political party!
That was the same reason we voted for another governorship candidate in our State of Residence (Sanwo-Olu understands better wink)
Our love for those 2 guys mentioned above is genuine, cos we love our country.

Kindly respect our affiliation for them as we respect your own also.
And lastly about the BMC bs,
If you are here supporting any of these politicians that raped and looted our nation (or collecting any form of money to launder their images both online and offline).....repent NOW before what will befall them come looking for you.

PMB won't be the president by now if our country was going in the right direction in 2015, and you are castigating us for changing the looting and STEALING going on?
We never voted for our now darling Daddy prior 2015, Not at all!
Your hero even told us to our face that STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION?!

Nuff said! cool
See you around kid bro! wink

11 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Five Aspirants To Battle Obaseki For APC Ticket by Slawormir: 7:53am On Jun 04, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Waste of time
Obaseki don win this already
This is not an uphill task for the wake and see governor

I will keep on saying it
Obaseki is gonna fuckkk them up including oshiomhole anyday anytime twice on election Day
Oshiomhole don't know what he has put his hand into
You don't fuckkk with the wake and see governor and go Scot free
Edo people and their ancestors got obaseki's back

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five Aspirants To Battle Obaseki For APC Ticket by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 7:53am On Jun 04, 2020
You mean there exist three other aspirants apart from Obaseki and Eze-iyamu that spent ₦22million for form
Why some people dey waste money like this sad

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Five Aspirants To Battle Obaseki For APC Ticket by lightheart(m): 7:54am On Jun 04, 2020
Way to go!
May the best candidate win.
Re: Five Aspirants To Battle Obaseki For APC Ticket by ekestic1976(f): 7:54am On Jun 04, 2020
Futuragetty:
If Obaseki is still worried after running to Asovilla to see Buhari, then just know that he will lose in this poll.

Recur what happened in Imo APC congress, Buubu won't interfere. Tinubu cannot get involved. he wouldn't want to make oshiobobo his enemy because ordinary gubernatorial election when he has presidential ambition.

Has Tinubu ever told you or any other person for that matter, that he's contesting for president in 2023? What kind of man would install a vice president and without any obvious animosity between the two of them, would usurp his constitutional right to stand for president after the expiration of his 8-year tenure as vice president? So it's true after all that a lie told many times can be accepted as the truth!

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Five Aspirants To Battle Obaseki For APC Ticket by OgwuEgo: 7:54am On Jun 04, 2020
Interesting
Re: Five Aspirants To Battle Obaseki For APC Ticket by Exc2000: 7:54am On Jun 04, 2020
cool

may the best man win

Brain dead PDP are just too broke and useless to see this golden oppurtunity

2 Likes

Re: Five Aspirants To Battle Obaseki For APC Ticket by osamz007: 7:54am On Jun 04, 2020
MAY THE BEST CANDIDATE WIN BUT NOT IN THIS COUNTRY.

SLAOWMIR COME EDUCATE ME ON EDO POLITICS ABEG
Re: Five Aspirants To Battle Obaseki For APC Ticket by martineverest(m): 7:54am On Jun 04, 2020
Chris ogie?...isn't that Stella oduah's husband?

6 Likes

Re: Five Aspirants To Battle Obaseki For APC Ticket by datola: 7:54am On Jun 04, 2020
Obaseki should not be against direct primaries as it is more transparent.

4 Likes

Re: Five Aspirants To Battle Obaseki For APC Ticket by pat077: 7:54am On Jun 04, 2020
Is APC the only party in Edo
Re: Five Aspirants To Battle Obaseki For APC Ticket by AroleOduduwa2: 7:55am On Jun 04, 2020
Obaseki is doing the right thing by fighting, begging will only bring humiliation to him. If he lose, at least he can say he went down like a real man.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Five Aspirants To Battle Obaseki For APC Ticket by Evergreen4(m): 7:55am On Jun 04, 2020
I thought they all supported ize iyamu as a consensus candidate to challenge obaseki. Confused people
Re: Five Aspirants To Battle Obaseki For APC Ticket by martineverest(m): 7:55am On Jun 04, 2020
Futuragetty:

this man think Edo people got idiosyncrasies of Lagosians.....u are in for a long thing

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five Aspirants To Battle Obaseki For APC Ticket by greatbrian(m): 7:56am On Jun 04, 2020
But if obaseki looses this primary, he will definitely work against APC nd if the ize iyamu gets defeated as well, he might do the same with oshiomole just to prove a point. The PDP or other party candidate better use this rancour to their advantage and end this mess the day before yesterday
Re: Five Aspirants To Battle Obaseki For APC Ticket by Nobody: 7:56am On Jun 04, 2020
Na them dem
Re: Five Aspirants To Battle Obaseki For APC Ticket by Erhun10z: 7:56am On Jun 04, 2020
Abeg make them leave obaseki for waist ooooo
The guy is working
Presently working on a sea port in Edo state.
Well, when you see the people after him, you will know the guy has good plans and most people don't like good plans as being corrupt is the new normal.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Five Aspirants To Battle Obaseki For APC Ticket by Sunnycliff(m): 7:57am On Jun 04, 2020
Na only Ize Iyamu be him main opponent. Others are passerbys

4 Likes

Re: Five Aspirants To Battle Obaseki For APC Ticket by martineverest(m): 7:57am On Jun 04, 2020
Evergreen4:
I thought they all supported ize iyamu as a consensus candidate to challenge obaseki. Confused people
they are mostly pro obaseki and anti Oshiomhole

1 Like

Re: Five Aspirants To Battle Obaseki For APC Ticket by osamz007: 7:57am On Jun 04, 2020
post=90291530:
Edolites : Vote wisely for the man or woman you believe will change your life and the way you live.

Forget about party politics.

This is the only way all our states and nation at large can move forward.

God bless Edo State.

God bless Nigeria.

Mr Felix aren't you an APC member

3 Likes

Re: Five Aspirants To Battle Obaseki For APC Ticket by martineverest(m): 7:58am On Jun 04, 2020
Sunnycliff:
Na only Ize Iyamu be him main opponent. Others are passerbys
those passerbys are doing the dirty work for obaseki.....they are strong APC men that won't allow use to win
Re: Five Aspirants To Battle Obaseki For APC Ticket by Dididrumz(m): 7:59am On Jun 04, 2020
Politics Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

$800m Garnishee Order Killing FCTA Economy, Says Wike / Photo: Abuja Decorated On The 22nd Independence Anniversary In 1982 / Stop Visiting Ijaw Land, Asari Dokubo Tells Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.