Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,645 members, 7,955,345 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:29 PM

Senate Panel Uncovers Missing $3.3bn In Foreign Tax - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Panel Uncovers Missing $3.3bn In Foreign Tax (16733 Views)

Tinubu’s Govt Owes Nigerians An Explanation For The NNPC $3.3bn Loan - Atiku / Ondo Assembly Probes ₦4.3bn In Secret Account, Summons Finance Commissioner, AG / Edo House Crisis: Senate Panel Report Indicts Obaseki,gives Governor Fresh Terms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Panel Uncovers Missing $3.3bn In Foreign Tax by Islie: 12:17pm On Jun 04, 2020
The Senate Committee on Public Accounts on Wednesday said it had uncovered how $3.3 billion was missing from taxes collected by the Federal Inland Revenue Services and remitted to the Central Bank of Nigeria in 2015.

The committee is probing the federation accounts from 2015 to 2018. CBN officials, led by Deputy Governor Edward Adamu, appeared before the committee to respond to queries by the Auditor-General of the Federation.

Briefing newsmen after a closed door session with CBN officials, the committee chairman, Senator Mathew Uroghide, said the FIRS record showed that $21.3bn taxes was collected in 2015. The CBN, however, recorded $18bn, a difference of $3.3bn, he added.

When asked about the differences in the amount, Uroghide said the apex bank hinged its argument on exchange rate. He added that the committee had mandated the CBN to submit documents to justify their defence.

Uroghide said from the Auditor-General of the Federation’s queries, the committee “found out that from the taxes collected outside, what we call foreign taxes, FIRS said they collected $21bn, and then CBN is saying that from their own statement, it is $18 billion.

“We now said that what was the exchange rate on your platform that time for us to be able to know whether the $3.3bn is in the account or whether CBN was surcharging FIRS, or whether FIRS was over estimating what they had. “So, we have asked them to go and bring the documents to us.”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/senate-panel-uncovers-missing-3-3bn-in-foreign-tax.html

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Panel Uncovers Missing $3.3bn In Foreign Tax by GOFRONT(m): 12:22pm On Jun 04, 2020
Na wao..

See our yams!!!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Panel Uncovers Missing $3.3bn In Foreign Tax by sunbodan(f): 12:31pm On Jun 04, 2020
God will help this country

3 Likes

Re: Senate Panel Uncovers Missing $3.3bn In Foreign Tax by dynicks(m): 12:31pm On Jun 04, 2020
Chai!...oh! What a nation filled with magicians hovering around as leaders!!

Uncover ... Recover...
But right behind the scene..RE-LOOTED..

SLAWOMIR abeg as a street nigga wey u be, come scream on my behalf!!

57 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Senate Panel Uncovers Missing $3.3bn In Foreign Tax by gambia(m): 12:31pm On Jun 04, 2020
This fraud called country is finished, done and dusted.

#Say No To Rape#Stop Southern kaduna killings#Stop Sokoto Killings#Stop the looting#End Corruption#

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Panel Uncovers Missing $3.3bn In Foreign Tax by Fragility6: 12:31pm On Jun 04, 2020
If anybody still thinks this administration is any different from PDP administration of 16years den dat person needs mental reevaluation. Funny enuf our Mr Integrity-led guy leading us is mute. We only see memos like 'buhari says','buhari orders','buhari appoints' and d list goes on. With all diz inadequacies, na Trump mata our youths carry for head. It is well

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Panel Uncovers Missing $3.3bn In Foreign Tax by ODJ124(m): 12:31pm On Jun 04, 2020
scam everywhere.... isoright

.....On judgement day I will just hold NIGERIA�� Flag so that God will know I have been through HELL already
I can not afford to face hell twice ���.....

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate Panel Uncovers Missing $3.3bn In Foreign Tax by tillaman(m): 12:31pm On Jun 04, 2020
Exchange rate abi, the case is DOA, they don pin am on exchange rate already very soon documents go surface or make office wey document dey catch fire, case closed
Shioooor

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Panel Uncovers Missing $3.3bn In Foreign Tax by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:31pm On Jun 04, 2020
The Senate Committee on Public Accounts on Wednesday said it had uncovered how $3.3 billion was missing from taxes collected by the Federal Inland Revenue Services and remitted to the Central Bank of Nigeria in 2015.

Stealing is now corruption in our nation.

A new Sheriff is in town.

This would have been swept under the carpet by the evil and looting party.
They would have shared it among themselves as the norm in their 16 years of failure and looting.

God bless our darling Daddy President Muhammadu Buhari and his amiable Vice President Prof Yemi Osinbajo for all they are doing to make our once battered and looted nation to work again.

God bless Nigeria.

Wailers AKA children of hate and perdition,
y'all can now start quoting.
Una no reach
Nourish super loaves..... tongue tongue

Who is the first to quote and get a GBAS-GBOS .
Oya, quote and bring your head closer as you do.
GBAS-GBOS grin)

gambia:
Please keep quite undecided
Dis Nairaland sef cheesy
Gambarian from Gambia sef dey talk.
Oya, take am gently,
GBAS-GBOS tongue

10 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Senate Panel Uncovers Missing $3.3bn In Foreign Tax by pesty100(m): 12:31pm On Jun 04, 2020
Where is the 3.3 billy

1 Like

Re: Senate Panel Uncovers Missing $3.3bn In Foreign Tax by thoollz: 12:31pm On Jun 04, 2020
By the time this current administration leaves power, most of you that actually believed this government to be an anti-corruption government will be stunned at the massive looting, which will be more than what the stupid PDP looted in 16 years.

So many recoveries(whistle blowing, taxes, revenues etc), yet the borrowing continues and there's obviously nothing to show for it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Panel Uncovers Missing $3.3bn In Foreign Tax by philip0906(m): 12:32pm On Jun 04, 2020
lol..Alway uncovering but nothing is still done.

We dey already read of billions, millions, recovered, allocated, disbursed online BUT the poor man no dey ever see shi shi

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Panel Uncovers Missing $3.3bn In Foreign Tax by Thatlong9: 12:32pm On Jun 04, 2020
See bread.. Nigeria is dead n gone abeg its easier to believe in rapture than Nigeria to rise again
Mtcheww

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Panel Uncovers Missing $3.3bn In Foreign Tax by Spactacle(m): 12:32pm On Jun 04, 2020
I give up

2 Likes

Re: Senate Panel Uncovers Missing $3.3bn In Foreign Tax by LeeMason(m): 12:32pm On Jun 04, 2020
[quote author=LeeMason post=90300658]
That's just 30% of the actual sum, I can bet my balls on that
Re: Senate Panel Uncovers Missing $3.3bn In Foreign Tax by seguno2: 12:33pm On Jun 04, 2020
GOFRONT:
Na wao..

See our yams!!!

Stories to divert attention from a failure.
What is the specific failure this time around

2 Likes

Re: Senate Panel Uncovers Missing $3.3bn In Foreign Tax by rawtouch: 12:33pm On Jun 04, 2020
cool
sallah bonus that has been shared since
Re: Senate Panel Uncovers Missing $3.3bn In Foreign Tax by nicolasakins: 12:33pm On Jun 04, 2020
I don't even know what to say.
Re: Senate Panel Uncovers Missing $3.3bn In Foreign Tax by LeeMason(m): 12:34pm On Jun 04, 2020
That's just 30% of the actual sum. I can bet my left balls on that
Re: Senate Panel Uncovers Missing $3.3bn In Foreign Tax by Joefat: 12:34pm On Jun 04, 2020
Really. Jesu sad
Re: Senate Panel Uncovers Missing $3.3bn In Foreign Tax by COURVOISier(m): 12:34pm On Jun 04, 2020
shocked
Re: Senate Panel Uncovers Missing $3.3bn In Foreign Tax by kunkelhanspeter(m): 12:34pm On Jun 04, 2020
This country will never get better instead it keep getting worse the only solution is to join them.
29 years old and I am still hearing “e go better “
The only question I keep asking is when?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Panel Uncovers Missing $3.3bn In Foreign Tax by Joefat: 12:34pm On Jun 04, 2020
Really Jesu sad
Re: Senate Panel Uncovers Missing $3.3bn In Foreign Tax by LeeMason(m): 12:34pm On Jun 04, 2020
Re: Senate Panel Uncovers Missing $3.3bn In Foreign Tax by seguno2: 12:34pm On Jun 04, 2020
post=90300672:
Stealing is now corruption in our nation.

That is why Abacha remains a non-thief and Oshiomole cleanses the loootocratic sins of APC converts

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anti-party: PDP Considers Wielding Big Stick Against G-5 / I Was A Brilliant Student, Says Tinubu / Pini Jason, A Nigerian Pundit, Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.