Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

The Terrible State Of Irepodun High School, Ipao Ekiti Ikole LGA, Ekiti State - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Terrible State Of Irepodun High School, Ipao Ekiti Ikole LGA, Ekiti State (36449 Views)

See The State Of Eric Moore Junior High School In Surulere, Lagos / UNIOSUN Graduating Students Dressed In High School Uniforms / Aregbesola Commissions Ilesa Government High School, Osun State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Terrible State Of Irepodun High School, Ipao Ekiti Ikole LGA, Ekiti State by wiseoneking: 5:28pm On Jun 05, 2020
Rediff1:
Many Lost sheeps and Lazy youths would have already start blaming Buhari.
This is not the fault of Buhari, PMB can't possibly go into all these local govts to cater for them., the responsibility falls solenly on the local govt chairman .
Hence, as far as I can see, Buhari is doing his best...
You ate free to criticize.
Bubu defender.
Re: The Terrible State Of Irepodun High School, Ipao Ekiti Ikole LGA, Ekiti State by MENELIIK: 5:29pm On Jun 05, 2020
Deebwebb:
chai na wa oo,see painment...don't commit suicide like awolowo the imbecil*..
BTW how many skull have your father mined today...

I laugh in Gwandara, I said it, dont rush an Osu, just ask him for factual evidence to his claims, and he will be on his knees. Next time dont bring your village discussion here, you will only embarrass your Osutic lineage.

1 Like

Re: The Terrible State Of Irepodun High School, Ipao Ekiti Ikole LGA, Ekiti State by Olalekanbanky1(m): 5:30pm On Jun 05, 2020
athaboi:
are you saying they should use their salary and allowance for repair of infrastructures What happened to the money meant for it that state government seized

See dis man. Na only salary and allowance u think dey entice dem to contest?
What do dey do with their IGR?
When FG stopped sending allocation to Lagos State, did she not pay her workers?
I knw wot I'm saying bro. If u ain't close to ds guys, you can not know how convenient and relaxed dey are. Why? Cos pple don't look up to them. The only person masses know is d governor. Not even d deputy governor
Re: The Terrible State Of Irepodun High School, Ipao Ekiti Ikole LGA, Ekiti State by Deebwebb: 5:32pm On Jun 05, 2020
MENELIIK:

Chased out of Kwara yet removed a governor using "o to ge" all these are usual Osu rants as available evidence proved contrary. Think of new things to say, these are just too stale. It was documented that the Yoruba forces defeated the Fulani forces at the battle of Osogbo in 1840, give me a documented evidence of when Yorubas were defeated by Fulani in history, I want to be sure you are educated.
which battle,this afonja and chest beating self...is on record that the fulanis dealt with you guys badly to the extent afonja gave up his palace and life after betraying his brother...or should I talk about the Oyo empire,where your grandfather ran for there life's barefooted leaving your grandmother's to the hands of Fulani rapist sad
Lurdgard was right about you cowards...
Re: The Terrible State Of Irepodun High School, Ipao Ekiti Ikole LGA, Ekiti State by Deebwebb: 5:38pm On Jun 05, 2020
MENELIIK:

I laugh in Gwandara, I said it, dont rush an Osu, just ask him for factual evidence to his claims, and he will be on his knees. Next time dont bring your village discussion here, you will only embarrass your Osutic lineage.
grin Ogun state boys never dissapoint.always spitting when talking,I pity anybody around you...clean up your one room hut ooo. cheesy afonja granchild
Re: The Terrible State Of Irepodun High School, Ipao Ekiti Ikole LGA, Ekiti State by MENELIIK: 5:38pm On Jun 05, 2020
Deebwebb:
which battle,this afonja and chest beating self...is on record that the fulanis dealt with you guys badly to the extent afonja gave up his palace and life after betraying his brother...or should I talk about the Oyo empire,where your grandfather ran for there life's barefooted leaving your grandmother's to the hands of Fulani rapist sad
Lurdgard was right about you cowards...

Stop embarrassing your Osutic lineage, the only documented runaway soldier who left his people to the mercy of soldiers is still " the Coward in Chief' Ojukwu. Give evidence to your claims I will be waiting.

1 Like

Re: The Terrible State Of Irepodun High School, Ipao Ekiti Ikole LGA, Ekiti State by MENELIIK: 5:41pm On Jun 05, 2020
Deebwebb:
grin Ogun state boys never dissapoint.always spitting when talking,I pity anybody around you...clean up your one room hut ooo. cheesy afonja granchild

Osu, I dont want to insult you yet, I demand evidence to your claims. I want this discussion to be sweet.

1 Like

Re: The Terrible State Of Irepodun High School, Ipao Ekiti Ikole LGA, Ekiti State by Deebwebb: 5:44pm On Jun 05, 2020
MENELIIK:

Stop embarrassing your Osutic lineage, the only documented runaway soldier who left his people to the mercy of soldiers is still " the Coward in Chief' Ojukwu. Give evidence to your claims I will be waiting.
e pain am... grin truth is bitter like they say...go to Lagos seaport,not even a single Yoruba man is heading any branch...cowards..anyways is hereditary...Fulanis keep dealing with you clowns till today.no wonder you parasites are afraid of Biafra,nobody will be able to save you people from Fulani wrath again. grin

1 Like

Re: The Terrible State Of Irepodun High School, Ipao Ekiti Ikole LGA, Ekiti State by Deebwebb: 5:49pm On Jun 05, 2020
MENELIIK:

Osu, I dont want to insult you yet, I demand evidence to your claims. I want this discussion to be sweet.
which evidence grin something on google,so you can't type again...afonja grandchild... anyway see it here...runaway cowards
Shameless people

1 Like

Re: The Terrible State Of Irepodun High School, Ipao Ekiti Ikole LGA, Ekiti State by MENELIIK: 5:58pm On Jun 05, 2020
Deebwebb:
e pain am... grin truth is bitter like they say...go to Lagos seaport,not even a single Yoruba man is heading any branch...cowards..anyways is hereditary...Fulanis keep dealing with you clowns till today.no wonder you parasites are afraid of Biafra,nobody will be able to save you people from Fulani wrath again. grin

Please mind your B.P, I am sorry to have stressed you. You have been running from pillar to post since! Just a simple request "Give evidence to your claims" you cant. Ogun state is flat, Lagos is tall, who asked you? I think by now, you have seen the difference between online chest beating and intellectual jaw jaw.

1 Like

Re: The Terrible State Of Irepodun High School, Ipao Ekiti Ikole LGA, Ekiti State by MENELIIK: 6:25pm On Jun 05, 2020
Deebwebb:
which evidence grin something on google,so you can't type again...afonja grandchild... anyway see it here...runaway cowards
Shameless people

Early in the 16th century Oyo was a minor state, powerless before its northern neighbours Borgu and Nupe—by whom it was conquered in 1550. The power of Oyo was already growing by the end of the century, however, thanks to the alaafin Orompoto, who used the wealth derived from trade to establish a cavalry force and to maintain a trained army.

Oyo subjugated the kingdom of Dahomey in the west in two phases (1724–30, 1738–48) and traded with European merchants on the coast through the port of Ajase (now Porto-Novo). As Oyo’s wealth increased, so did its leaders’ political options; some wished to concentrate on amassing wealth, while others advocated the use of wealth for territorial expansion. This difference was not resolved until the alaafin Abiodun (reigned c. 1770–89) conquered his opponents in a bitter civil war and pursued a policy of economic development based primarily on the coastal trade with European merchants.
Get exclusive access to content from our 1768 First Edition with your subscription.
Subscribe today

Abiodun’s neglect of everything but the economy weakened the army, and thus the means by which the central government maintained control. His successor, Alaafin Awole, inherited local revolts, an administration tenuously maintained by a complex system of public service, and a decline in the power of tributary chiefs. The decline was exacerbated by quarrels between the alaafin and his advisers; it continued throughout the 18th century and into the 19th, when Oyo began to lose control of its trade routes to the coast. Oyo was invaded by the newly risen Fon of Dahomey, and soon after 1800 it was captured by militant Fulani Muslims from Hausaland in the northeast.

Stampede engulfed the Ilorin camp as the Ibadan army set it on fire. The Ilorins could not offer the slightest resistance; they were smoked with the gunpowder of the Ibadan guns. This attack was a success for the Ibadan. Some Ilorin war-chiefs were captured in the attack. Prominent ones were:

Jimba the head slave of the Emir;
One of the sons of Ali the commander in chief;
Chief Lateju;
Ajikobo the Yoruba Balogun of Ilorin.

SEE ALSO: Concepts of Government- Legitimacy

The first two were released while the latter two, being Yoruba by birth, were regarded as traitors and were executed. This was a huge victory for the whole of Yoruba land. After the Osogbo victory, Ibokun, an Ijesa town not far from Osogbo was taken by the Ibadans for being an ally of Ilorin.

References:
Johnson, Samuel; The History of the Yorubas; Lagos; CSS Limited; 1921; pg. 80-81

I observed how you carefully, copied and pasted what you think suits your narratives, but then examine the points stated below:

1. Oyo empire like Ghana, Mali and Songhai empires grew to a peak and fell at different times.
2. Dahomey invaded Oyo and were later subdued by Oyo
3. Fulani Jihadists invaded Oyo through Ilorin held sway in Ilorin but were later defeated in the same Ilorin.

Yorubas are warriors right from time, that cannot be said about the Osus, we are not mates

2 Likes

Re: The Terrible State Of Irepodun High School, Ipao Ekiti Ikole LGA, Ekiti State by OVB123: 6:47pm On Jun 05, 2020
Sege2001:
where is the govt of d state?
The truth is that Ekiti state has a lot of work to do to be a state to recon with because as at last research, the state is the poorest state in south west and second poorest state in southern part of Nigeria after Ebonyi state. So this didn't come as a suprise to me.
Re: The Terrible State Of Irepodun High School, Ipao Ekiti Ikole LGA, Ekiti State by philiancoop(m): 7:10pm On Jun 05, 2020
could it be that the lockdown is responsible
Re: The Terrible State Of Irepodun High School, Ipao Ekiti Ikole LGA, Ekiti State by cryptotech: 7:29pm On Jun 05, 2020
this is serious, they need to learn from osun govt and the sch system.
Re: The Terrible State Of Irepodun High School, Ipao Ekiti Ikole LGA, Ekiti State by Ezmans: 8:00pm On Jun 05, 2020
Olalekanbanky1:
And there is an LGA chairman, house of assembly member and Councillor close to this environment oh.
Governor can not see everything in d state. That's why we have close representatives in govt
If u give me devil & nigerian politiciance to choose, I'll choose devil bcs devil has conscience but nigerian politiciance hasn't

1 Like

Re: The Terrible State Of Irepodun High School, Ipao Ekiti Ikole LGA, Ekiti State by valuedammy(m): 8:06pm On Jun 05, 2020
This Country ehn...am tired of thinking about my Country
Re: The Terrible State Of Irepodun High School, Ipao Ekiti Ikole LGA, Ekiti State by Deebwebb: 8:08pm On Jun 05, 2020
MENELIIK:

Early in the 16th century Oyo was a minor state, powerless before its northern neighbours Borgu and Nupe—by whom it was conquered in 1550. The power of Oyo was already growing by the end of the century, however, thanks to the alaafin Orompoto, who used the wealth derived from trade to establish a cavalry force and to maintain a trained army.

Oyo subjugated the kingdom of Dahomey in the west in two phases (1724–30, 1738–48) and traded with European merchants on the coast through the port of Ajase (now Porto-Novo). As Oyo’s wealth increased, so did its leaders’ political options; some wished to concentrate on amassing wealth, while others advocated the use of wealth for territorial expansion. This difference was not resolved until the alaafin Abiodun (reigned c. 1770–89) conquered his opponents in a bitter civil war and pursued a policy of economic development based primarily on the coastal trade with European merchants.
Get exclusive access to content from our 1768 First Edition with your subscription.
Subscribe today

Abiodun’s neglect of everything but the economy weakened the army, and thus the means by which the central government maintained control. His successor, Alaafin Awole, inherited local revolts, an administration tenuously maintained by a complex system of public service, and a decline in the power of tributary chiefs. The decline was exacerbated by quarrels between the alaafin and his advisers; it continued throughout the 18th century and into the 19th, when Oyo began to lose control of its trade routes to the coast. Oyo was invaded by the newly risen Fon of Dahomey, and soon after 1800 it was captured by militant Fulani Muslims from Hausaland in the northeast.

Stampede engulfed the Ilorin camp as the Ibadan army set it on fire. The Ilorins could not offer the slightest resistance; they were smoked with the gunpowder of the Ibadan guns. This attack was a success for the Ibadan. Some Ilorin war-chiefs were captured in the attack. Prominent ones were:

Chief Lateju;

The first two were released while the latter two, being Yoruba by birth, were regarded as traitors and were executed. This was a huge victory for the whole of Yoruba land. After the Osogbo victory, Ibokun, an Ijesa town not far from Osogbo was taken by the Ibadans for being an ally of Ilorin.

References:
Johnson, Samuel; The History of the Yorubas; Lagos; CSS Limited; 1921; pg. 80-81

I observed how you carefully, copied and pasted what you think suits your narratives, but then examine the points stated below:

1. Oyo empire like Ghana, Mali and Songhai empires grew to a peak and fell at different times.
3. Fulani Jihadists invaded Oyo through Ilorin held sway in Ilorin but were later defeated in the same Ilorin.

Yorubas are warriors right from time, that cannot be said about the Osus, we are not mates

o boy stop lying..all this epistles na wash.did your Fathers run from Oyo empire when the Fulani's arrived?..the answer is yes..run run cowards... grin Fulani's slaves since 1804
Re: The Terrible State Of Irepodun High School, Ipao Ekiti Ikole LGA, Ekiti State by AmazingELixir: 8:09pm On Jun 05, 2020
Balenciagaokey:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
APC (Change)
Nigerian politicians are all same..
Is this School or Poultry farm.
Even chickens can never survive in such environment.
Yet Ekiti people are busy shouting 'Sai baba' and 'APC'

Mehn this your pix speaks volume.. grin
Re: The Terrible State Of Irepodun High School, Ipao Ekiti Ikole LGA, Ekiti State by Julius1351(m): 8:17pm On Jun 05, 2020
That's Nigerian education system for you, shameful though. A student i was coaching told me this week that they didn't have english teacher in school(Ibadan, Elekuro high school, abounde, ona ara lg).
Re: The Terrible State Of Irepodun High School, Ipao Ekiti Ikole LGA, Ekiti State by Damsman10(m): 8:24pm On Jun 05, 2020
Yungmil:
Ekiti is one of the backward state in Nigeria and it seems their indigenes are not civilized.

They from and it hard to interact with other tribes.

On the contrary, Ekiti state indigenes have a reputation for being hardworking, Intelligent, Educated and Enlightened. Blame the Government for the daily increase in Moral and Structural Decadence in the Nation. Point of Reference, a similar structure to this one or worst can be found in every state.

I was in Ilorin the other day, and I was told 'the pitiable and near dilapidated school I was looking at has alumni in great places' and I met some of them. The value dropped daily since the day Government took over from the church in charge.

Some of our Politicians will not even be allowed into Hell Fire

1 Like

Re: The Terrible State Of Irepodun High School, Ipao Ekiti Ikole LGA, Ekiti State by goaldynboy: 8:30pm On Jun 05, 2020
Dididrumz:

But it says Ekiti state up there

He is being Sarcastic!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Terrible State Of Irepodun High School, Ipao Ekiti Ikole LGA, Ekiti State by lekspot01(m): 8:41pm On Jun 05, 2020
tribalwarlord:
@FONJ@ state, mtcheew

What's your point
Re: The Terrible State Of Irepodun High School, Ipao Ekiti Ikole LGA, Ekiti State by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 05, 2020
lekspot01:

What's your point
sorry sir !!!
Re: The Terrible State Of Irepodun High School, Ipao Ekiti Ikole LGA, Ekiti State by AvalonSpace(m): 8:44pm On Jun 05, 2020
Is something wrong with your thinking?
Juliusmalema:
This must be Abia state I guess?

Okezie Ikpeazu when are you going to build a better school to further sophiscate your people
Re: The Terrible State Of Irepodun High School, Ipao Ekiti Ikole LGA, Ekiti State by aspirebig: 9:35pm On Jun 05, 2020
Many states in Nigeria have old government secondary schools in this condition.

Go to Lagos, Ogun, they are some like that.
Re: The Terrible State Of Irepodun High School, Ipao Ekiti Ikole LGA, Ekiti State by Dididrumz(m): 9:36pm On Jun 05, 2020
goaldynboy:

He is being Sarcastic!!!!

Yeah, someone already pointed it out.
Thanks
Re: The Terrible State Of Irepodun High School, Ipao Ekiti Ikole LGA, Ekiti State by Obec70(m): 10:05pm On Jun 05, 2020
How come the fountain of knowledge has such absurd structure as school! Fayemi why? Or is it no longer "Fountain of knowledge" state again?
Re: The Terrible State Of Irepodun High School, Ipao Ekiti Ikole LGA, Ekiti State by akigbemaru: 10:19pm On Jun 05, 2020
Ctorch:
The terrible state of Irepodun High School, Ipao Ekiti Ikole LGA, Ekiti State

Credit: @TrackaNG

https://mobile.twitter.com/TrackaNG/status/1268803220480176129
Re: The Terrible State Of Irepodun High School, Ipao Ekiti Ikole LGA, Ekiti State by Nwaonyishi69: 11:02pm On Jun 05, 2020
But, the governor of the state will have over 100 commissioners and advisers.
Re: The Terrible State Of Irepodun High School, Ipao Ekiti Ikole LGA, Ekiti State by Nwaonyishi69: 11:25pm On Jun 05, 2020
MENELIIK:

Subscribe today

Chief Lateju;

References:

Kpo!kpo!! Kpo!!! Please, wake up. Were you dreaming, gone beseck, or continuing the lies your tribe has been infested with? Can you still remember there is a difference between history and myth. Or are you continuing the folklore, some of your bigger liars used to turn your tribe to the angel/demon cast down from heaven? Well, we can understand the case of liar Moha and Femi Enishina, who are lieing for their stomachs; why join the leanage of disgrace over nothing. The Ilorin you refer to, is it not the one Fulanis are still ruling? Please we are already in the 21st century, so science and technology are the in things not lies; at least you can see how twitter is fact checking even the great Trump. Note, there are no gains from lies except for the delusional.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

List Of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating In Nigeria. / Is Kwasu The State University With The Highest Tuition Fee In Nigeria? / Babcock University Increases School Fees, Now Up To N3million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.