Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,910 members, 7,828,189 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

17-year-old Girl Connives With Boyfriend To Fake Her Kidnap In Ogun (Photo) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 17-year-old Girl Connives With Boyfriend To Fake Her Kidnap In Ogun (Photo) (65134 Views)

16-Year-Old Girl Connives With Boyfriend To Fake Kidnap, Demands N500,000 Ransom / Lady Fakes Her Kidnap With Lover For N10m Ransom / EBSU Slay Queen & Student And Her Kidnap Gang Caught (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17-year-old Girl Connives With Boyfriend To Fake Her Kidnap In Ogun (Photo) by akpaan(m): 7:19pm On Jun 05, 2020
500k used to look big in my eyes before. Chicken change!

1 Like

Re: 17-year-old Girl Connives With Boyfriend To Fake Her Kidnap In Ogun (Photo) by Akanoaaa(m): 7:21pm On Jun 05, 2020
Ahhhh... Omo odun metadinlogun?
Re: 17-year-old Girl Connives With Boyfriend To Fake Her Kidnap In Ogun (Photo) by ospreywin(m): 7:25pm On Jun 05, 2020
A whole lot is happening.... 17 years old?
Re: 17-year-old Girl Connives With Boyfriend To Fake Her Kidnap In Ogun (Photo) by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 05, 2020
Islie:

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/06/05/17-year-old-girl-connives-with-boyfriend-to-fake-her-kidnap/

Hmmmmmm... smiley

This has just given me inspiration to write my next crime thriller.

I will just title it:

The Butcher And The Naive Girl: The Story Of A #500,000 Kidnapping. smiley
Re: 17-year-old Girl Connives With Boyfriend To Fake Her Kidnap In Ogun (Photo) by PositiveDirect: 7:28pm On Jun 05, 2020
Seems this is another new way of hustling. Wetin I sabi sef?
Re: 17-year-old Girl Connives With Boyfriend To Fake Her Kidnap In Ogun (Photo) by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 05, 2020
Kemimarch16:
Teach your children in the way of the Lord and always pray for them to turn out good

Or better still, teach them the way of Lagos/Ibadan. sad
Re: 17-year-old Girl Connives With Boyfriend To Fake Her Kidnap In Ogun (Photo) by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jun 05, 2020
jaxxy:

I said purnish them based on the level of crime and how it was carried out. These are 2 people who know themselves, faking smtn. No real or potential threat is established here for now.

Threat or no threat, I say the good judge, whoever he is, throw the book at them.

That would teach them to play with fire next time.
Re: 17-year-old Girl Connives With Boyfriend To Fake Her Kidnap In Ogun (Photo) by omonnakoda: 7:37pm On Jun 05, 2020
jaxxy:

I said purnish them based on the level of crime and how it was carried out. These are 2 people who know themselves, faking smtn. No real or potential threat is established here for now.
I don't know what you mean by level of crime?Perhaps you can expatiate.

They should be charged to court before punshment.

The prosecutor will determine what is on the charge sheet.

Certainly criminal conspiracy comes to mind .
Conspiracy to defraud
False imprisonment
Extortion
Attempt or conspiracy to obtain by trick or false pretences aka 419
Demanding a ransom from the parents for a person believed to be kidnapped would fall under the kidnapping law
=demanding property with menaces
The fact that the girl is under 18 would suggest that If she was a co conspirator there is still potential to charge her boyfriend for kidnapping or abduction
I am sure that there are at least 6 convictable offences for the young man.
It is not as trivial as you are trying to make it out to be
Extortion alone can get you up to 14 years
Re: 17-year-old Girl Connives With Boyfriend To Fake Her Kidnap In Ogun (Photo) by Blackdisciple(m): 7:39pm On Jun 05, 2020
17-year-old Girl Connives With Boyfriend To Fake Her Kidnap In Ogun (Photo)
Sure on the guy...
what if the girl was the one that brought the idea....
what if he was d one..?
what if he actually refused ..
if she dnt want she can refuse...
well....he is a guy sure it will be on him
if she actually loves him then, let dem both chew on that....
if na true , na 2 of them commit d crime not just d guy.....
love is blind sha.....
Re: 17-year-old Girl Connives With Boyfriend To Fake Her Kidnap In Ogun (Photo) by poweredcom(m): 7:48pm On Jun 05, 2020
Shame to the parents why should they even born such girl

A 17 year old now into this kidnapping shit oh lord this one's their own don finish
Re: 17-year-old Girl Connives With Boyfriend To Fake Her Kidnap In Ogun (Photo) by jaxxy(m): 7:52pm On Jun 05, 2020
omonnakoda:

I don't know what you mean by level of crime?Perhaps you can expatiate.

They should be charged to court before punshment.

The prosecutor will determine what is on the charge sheet.

Certainly criminal conspiracy comes to mind .
False imprisonment
Extortion
Attempt to obtain by trick aka 419
Demanding a ransom from the parents for a personal believed to be kidnapped would fall u def the kidnapping law
The fact that the girl is under 18 would suggest that If she was a co conspirator there is still potential to charge her boyfriend for kidnapping or abduction
I am sure that there are at least 6 convictable offences for the young man.
It is not as trivial as you are trying to make it out to be
Extortion alone can get you up to 14 years

Offcourse he court and the purnishment bt even at that the level, of this crime is amateur and not a threat to the victim if at all she was a victim because there was no real Kidnapping here.

Conspiracy to extort at best. False abduction.

Extortion get u 14 years in which country
Re: 17-year-old Girl Connives With Boyfriend To Fake Her Kidnap In Ogun (Photo) by SaintNegro77: 7:57pm On Jun 05, 2020
The girl na ram shaa.
Re: 17-year-old Girl Connives With Boyfriend To Fake Her Kidnap In Ogun (Photo) by Deebwebb: 8:02pm On Jun 05, 2020
Ogun state again....na wa .wasteland people on the beat angry
Re: 17-year-old Girl Connives With Boyfriend To Fake Her Kidnap In Ogun (Photo) by omonnakoda: 8:03pm On Jun 05, 2020
jaxxy:

Offcourse he court and the purnishment bt even at that the level, of this crime is amateur and not a threat to the victim if at all she was a victim because there was no real Kidnapping here.

Conspiracy to extort at best. False abduction.

Extortion get u 14 years in which country

In Nigeria
There us nothing like amateur in crime.

407. Demanding property by written threats  
Any person who, with intent to extort or gain anything from any person, and knowing the contents of
the writing, causes any person to receive any writing demanding anything from any person without
reasonable or probable cause, and containing threats of any injury or detriment of any kind to be caused
to any person, either by the offender or any other person, if the demand is not complied with, is guilty
of a felony, and is liable to imprisonment for fourteen years.

408. Attempts at extortion by threats  
Any person who, with intent to extort or gain anything from any person‐  
(1) accuses or threatens to accuse any person of committing any felony or misdemeanor, or of
offering or making any solicitation or threat to any person as an inducement to commit or permit the
commission of any felony or misdemeanor; or  
(2) threatens that any person shall be accused by any other person of any felony or
misdemeanor or of any such act; or  
(3)  knowing the contents of the writing, causes any person to receive any writing containing any
such accusation or threat as aforesaid,  
is guilty of a felony and if the accusation or threat of accusation is of‐  
(a)   an offence for which the punishment of death or imprisonment for life may be inflicted;
    or  
(b)   any of the offences defined in Chapter 21 of this Code, or an attempt to commit any of  
    such offences; or  
(c)   an assault with intent to have carnal knowledge of any person against the order of  
    nature, or an unlawful and indecent assault upon a male person; or  
(d)   an attempt to commit the offence of rape, or an assault with intent to commit the  
    offence of rape, or an unlawful and indecent assault upon a woman or girl; or  
(e)   a solicitation or threat offered or made to any person as an inducement to commit or  
    permit the commission of any of the offences aforesaid, the offender is liable to
imprisonment for fourteen years.

1 Like

Re: 17-year-old Girl Connives With Boyfriend To Fake Her Kidnap In Ogun (Photo) by Kemimarch16(f): 8:08pm On Jun 05, 2020
mansakhalifa:

Or better still, teach them the way of Lagos/Ibadan. sad
It's the way of aba to onisha

1 Like

Re: 17-year-old Girl Connives With Boyfriend To Fake Her Kidnap In Ogun (Photo) by Enculer: 8:10pm On Jun 05, 2020
Un Afonja et une Afonjeuse.
Re: 17-year-old Girl Connives With Boyfriend To Fake Her Kidnap In Ogun (Photo) by SenecaTheYonger: 8:11pm On Jun 05, 2020
I'm sure it was the boyfriends Idea. Look at that evil face.
Re: 17-year-old Girl Connives With Boyfriend To Fake Her Kidnap In Ogun (Photo) by jaxxy(m): 8:14pm On Jun 05, 2020
omonnakoda:

In Nigeria
There us nothing like amateur in crime.

407. Demanding property by written threats  
Any person who, with intent to extort or gain anything from any person, and knowing the contents of
the writing, causes any person to receive any writing demanding anything from any person without
reasonable or probable cause, and containing threats of any injury or detriment of any kind to be caused
to any person, either by the offender or any other person, if the demand is not complied with, is guilty
of a felony, and is liable to imprisonment for fourteen years.

408. Attempts at extortion by threats  
Any person who, with intent to extort or gain anything from any person‐  
(1) accuses or threatens to accuse any person of committing any felony or misdemeanor, or of
offering or making any solicitation or threat to any person as an inducement to commit or permit the
commission of any felony or misdemeanor; or  
(2) threatens that any person shall be accused by any other person of any felony or
misdemeanor or of any such act; or  
(3)  knowing the contents of the writing, causes any person to receive any writing containing any
such accusation or threat as aforesaid,  
is guilty of a felony and if the accusation or threat of accusation is of‐  
(a)   an offence for which the punishment of death or imprisonment for life may be inflicted;
    or  
(b)   any of the offences defined in Chapter 21 of this Code, or an attempt to commit any of  
    such offences; or  
(c)   an assault with intent to have carnal knowledge of any person against the order of  
    nature, or an unlawful and indecent assault upon a male person; or  
(d)   an attempt to commit the offence of rape, or an assault with intent to commit the  
    offence of rape, or an unlawful and indecent assault upon a woman or girl; or  
(e)   a solicitation or threat offered or made to any person as an inducement to commit or  
    permit the commission of any of the offences aforesaid, the offender is liable to
imprisonment for fourteen years.

Yes that is the law. Bt it will be interpreted based on the circumstances. 14year is a maximum sentence. This case is not a kidnap or abduction by false abduction and conspiracy. Threat will be judged on the circumstances also. These are all interpretations the judge will makes based on the circumstances surrounding the case.

U cannot compare this and the case of Evans and other serious cases. Totally different.
Re: 17-year-old Girl Connives With Boyfriend To Fake Her Kidnap In Ogun (Photo) by omonnakoda: 8:22pm On Jun 05, 2020
jaxxy:

Yes that is the law. Bt it will be interpreted based on the circumstances. 14year is a maximum sentence. This case is not a kidnap or abduction by false abduction and conspiracy. Threat will be judged on the circumstances also. These are all interpretations the judge will makes based on the circumstances surrounding the case.

U cannot compare this and the case of Evans and other serious cases. Totally different.
You are sounding like this is what you do for a living.
I don't think the name Evans would come up when entering a defence.
It is irrelevant
14 years is a mandatory sentence not a minimum
Serious kidnapping cases would get the death penalty
This is serious enough
Extortion attempt with threat is just one of the offences in this scenario
That is very serious
The fact that the girl is under could make a kidnapping charge justifiable
Re: 17-year-old Girl Connives With Boyfriend To Fake Her Kidnap In Ogun (Photo) by Joefat: 8:23pm On Jun 05, 2020
Childish thinking... They both believed they have legitimate plan.. But all I see is childish.. They don't deserve to go to prison, they just need a little punishment and let them go. My thought.
Re: 17-year-old Girl Connives With Boyfriend To Fake Her Kidnap In Ogun (Photo) by OKTolu: 8:24pm On Jun 05, 2020
And funniest thing is even though their plans succeeded the boyfriend will still leave the girl for another person

Girls of nowadays with low IQ
Re: 17-year-old Girl Connives With Boyfriend To Fake Her Kidnap In Ogun (Photo) by Advancedman(m): 8:28pm On Jun 05, 2020
Re: 17-year-old Girl Connives With Boyfriend To Fake Her Kidnap In Ogun (Photo) by Clinghton: 8:31pm On Jun 05, 2020
Look at her face, in next twenty years she would come out to say she was raped.
Re: 17-year-old Girl Connives With Boyfriend To Fake Her Kidnap In Ogun (Photo) by jaxxy(m): 8:31pm On Jun 05, 2020
omonnakoda:

You are sounding like this is what you do for a living.

14 years is a mandatory sentence not a minimum
Serious kidnapping cases would get the death penalty
This is serious enough
Extortion attempt with threat is just one of the offences in this scenario
That is very serious
The fact that the girl is under could make a kidnapping charge justifiable

There was no kidnapping. It was conspiracy.

Yes it is serious bt not as serious as u make it.

If I try to exhort my dad. It can not be taken as a regular criminal extortion unless he presses charges. I know people who stole millions from their parents and they didn’t do anything major to them. These are different scenarios that occurr and they must be addressed accordingly amd proportionally. I’m not a lawyer, i don’t do this for a living bt I try to get familiar with judgement of cases and perhaps what is fair to all bt this is just my personal view. I’m sure lawyers still argue the law, either for or against.
Re: 17-year-old Girl Connives With Boyfriend To Fake Her Kidnap In Ogun (Photo) by ALABACONNECT(m): 8:34pm On Jun 05, 2020
When I thought I have seen it all sad shocked.

For your factory fitted UK used smart TVs, ACs, washing machines and Soundsystems, check my signature
Re: 17-year-old Girl Connives With Boyfriend To Fake Her Kidnap In Ogun (Photo) by sayisayi(m): 8:38pm On Jun 05, 2020
Ogun again. Haba, there is nothing my Yoro bludders will not do when punnani and money is involved. grin
Re: 17-year-old Girl Connives With Boyfriend To Fake Her Kidnap In Ogun (Photo) by omonnakoda: 8:40pm On Jun 05, 2020
jaxxy:

There was no kidnapping. It was conspiracy.

Yes it is serious bt not as serious as u make it.

If I try to exhort my dad. It can not be taken as a regular criminal extortion unless he presses charges. I know people who stole millions from their parents and they didn’t do anything major to them. These are different scenarios that occurr and they must be addressed accordingly amd proportionally. I’m not a lawyer, i don’t do this for a living bt I try to get familiar with judgement of cases and perhaps what is fair to all bt this is just my personal view. I’m sure lawyers still argue the law, either for or against.
The moment you are standing in front of a judge it is irrelevant whether it is your dad
What does the law say.
There are different kinds of extortion.
Where threats are involved that is very serious indeed
The law I cited has nothing to do with kidnapping.
That is just ONE charge

Whether or not there was a kidnapping is a TOTALLY different charge.

14 years is MANDATORY sentence.

I think 14 years is quite serious to spend in prison.

The fact that it INVOLVES A MINOR is very serious too

Then there are other charges apart from extortion

My advice to you is

If this us what you do for a living the you better acquaint yourself with the penalties if caught.

In the military regime extortion by threat was treated the same way as armed robbery or robbery with threat

The key legal issue here is

WHAT DID THE VICTIM BELIEVE AT THE TIME
Re: 17-year-old Girl Connives With Boyfriend To Fake Her Kidnap In Ogun (Photo) by Drizzy5001(m): 8:40pm On Jun 05, 2020
17 years Her kpeskus go don wide by now grin grin she must have been collecting dick from the age of 13 grin
Re: 17-year-old Girl Connives With Boyfriend To Fake Her Kidnap In Ogun (Photo) by jaxxy(m): 8:46pm On Jun 05, 2020
omonnakoda:

The moment you are standing in front of a judge it is irrelevant whether it is your dad
What does the law say.
There are different kinds of extortion.
Where threats are involved that is very serious indeed
The law I cited has nothing to do with kidnapping.
That is just ONE charge

Whether or not there was a kidnapping is a TOTALLY different charge.

14 years is MANDATORY sentence.

I think 14 years is quite serious to spend in prison.

The fact that it INVOLVES A MINOR is very serious too

Then there are other charges apart from extortion

My advice to you is

If this us what you do for a living the you better acquaint yourself with the penalties if caught.

In the military regime extortion by threat was treated the same way as armed robbery or robbery with threat

The key legal issue here is

WHAT DID THE VICTIM BELIEVE AT THE TIME

Excuse me on this statement. Im arguing a case or matter on my own level of exposure and knowledge and u come up with if the “crime” is what I do for a living?? Is this a normal reaction or response to a normal conversation on a case of issue? Pls be guided.

I will end the conversation here, since we can’t have a civil discussion. Thanks.
Re: 17-year-old Girl Connives With Boyfriend To Fake Her Kidnap In Ogun (Photo) by omonnakoda: 8:49pm On Jun 05, 2020
jaxxy:

Excuse me on this statement. I arguing a case or matter on my own level of exposure or knowledge and u come up with if the crime is what I do for a living?? Is this a normal reaction or response to a normal conversation on a case of issue? Pls be guided.

I will end the conversation here, since we can’t have a civil discussion. Thanks.
You are carrying the matter like Gala that is why I am wondering about you?
I said it was 14 years sentence ,you challenged that.

I went out of my way to get you the law you said it is "maximum " which is clearly wrong

Next you are saying you have friends who stole millions and it is not as bad as Evans

You need to listen to the rubbish you are spewing
Re: 17-year-old Girl Connives With Boyfriend To Fake Her Kidnap In Ogun (Photo) by Sososo(f): 8:55pm On Jun 05, 2020
Tunde and Isabella

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Female Ritualist Who Kills Crawling Babies Stripped Unclad - Pictures / Mother Suspecting Her Son Of Homosexual Activity Catches Him With His Partner / Court Sentences Lekan Shonde To Death By Hanging For Killing Wife, Ronke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.