Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,918 members, 7,828,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination (35110 Views)

Moon Landing Today: US Clinches First Touchdown In 50 Years / GSA Tells Biden That Transition Can Formally Begin / US, Israel Formally Quit UNESCO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by Originality007: 9:41am On Jun 06, 2020
Abbeybailey:
Trump is in mid stage dementia that killed his Father Fred and his Grandfather. Dementia is hereditary and that's why he slurs his words and lies constantly. You don't know what the heck you are talking about. Yours truly will vote on Nov 3rd and i dare you to say the same thing. Bye.

cheesy Joe Dementia is worst. Cant wait for Debate btw Trump and Creepy Joe. Only if Joe and Democrats will not chickend out grin

2 Likes

Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by DexterousOne(m): 9:41am On Jun 06, 2020
Goldmaxx:
nothing going on in America will last till November. There are still lots of undecided voters out there and they can sway either side. with rapid record economic recovery, it will be enough to propel trump to victory.

Many Trump supporters here should not be surprise md if Trump loses in November

Biden supporters should not be surprised if Trump wins in November

This election is not sure for Trump anymore

Looking at Trump dispassionately
And you will see a disastrous president

Looking at Biden
You see a weak candidate

So its still in the air

This elections now depend on how Trump can get his acts together

Wisconsin Arizona and even Ohio is at risk of slipping through his hands

These are states he won with VERY NARROW MARGINS that got him the presidency despite getting millions less vote than Hilary (side note Wisconsin was 47% Hillary, 47.5% Trump)

While Trump FC nigerian chapter is celebrating victory in Nigeria already
Trump in the USA is calling emergency meeting with his campaign team because he is worried about the polling cheesy

Nigerians sef
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by Abbeybailey(m): 9:43am On Jun 06, 2020
Originality007:

cheesy Joe Dementia is worst. Cant wait for Debate btw Trump and Creepy Joe. Only if Joe and Democrats will not chickend out grin
Bye Felicia.
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by DexterousOne(m): 9:44am On Jun 06, 2020
Originality007:

You trump supporters should tell yourselves the truth

Trump still has a very good chance of losing

It's a 50/50 thing at this point
..if he continue on this self destruct path
.he will be shown the way out.

If those protesters out there show up at the booth.
He will also be shown thr way out.

Everything depends on how he conducts himself
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 06, 2020
Truth is nobody is a bigger obstacle to a trump reelection than the man trump himself ,with his numerous gaffes and unguarded utterances one would imagine he either has very bad advisers who are deliberately sabotaging him or he simply doesn't listen to anyone and does what he likes, bottom line trump has continued to fire shots at his own foot .
Coming out of the impeachment saga he almost looked heroic, like the guy battling a corrupt democratic establishment trying to steal his presidency ,then covid 19 happened a chance for trump to expand his base ,save american lives and improve his general ratings and he goofed with all those bleeped up statements , the ban on china travel came late and the hypocritical Democrats did not spare him . Remember Nancy? The old woman running Congress,remember what she said about the china travel ban and corona generally ?,well CNN refused to give it air play as much as any trump statements,obviously it wont look good for the narrative they want out there

best be sure she is as responsible for some corona deaths as trump is for her uninformed utterances I mean imagine how many democrats may have let their guards down and contracted corona just by listening to Nancy . Let it be know that most of the democratic leaders are so sickeningly hypocritical it's almost nauseating and this s in no way trying to glorify trump but for real the double standards ,the hypocrisy in america its sickening .

Biden has gifted trump chances to reshape the narrative and put biden on the defensive but trump misses consistently and instead puts himself on the defensive with his own stupid statements. Remember biden comment on "u ain't black "? Does it take a rocket scientist to know that all trump needed to do was to milk that gaffe for whatever it was worth as CNN refused to empanel its usual angry crew to dissect and criticize etc.

Well george floyd was murdered and trump again shoots his own foot with "looters and shooters" , he had one job, come out presidential give a unifying speech talk to a nation with concern and promise justice and charge Congress to push legislation for reforms ,no!!! not trump !!he had to go bombast and talk out of turn and instead biden gives a "presidential speech" and now looks a better prospect .I do not know if it is deliberate or the man is just going nuts etc because even for an amateur it is very hard to not see how man chances the democrats and biden have gifted trump to propagate a counter narrative and put the dems on some form of defensive .

Let it be known that on a normal presidential debate trump would destroy biden and wipe the floor with him I mean forget sentiments,trump is brash ,disrespectful , unhinged , a big yellow troll , and loves to play dirty and yet passionate, biden speaks and I picture stale bread in my mind ,almost without conviction or any sort of passion ,just wait for the next trump rally and you wonder what the hell is going on .

Trump never cares about poaching undecided voters trump has a cult following of conservative middle aged white blue worker americans, evangelicals, rednecks ,and a bunch of kkk racist white supremacists NRA gun lovers scattered evenly in the suburbs and they may not be plenty when compared to New York etc but they are evenly spread and this is the base he leverages on to seek reelection. ( through the EC again of course ). Yeah biden can take the popular votes but the next trump rally would give u a clear picture about trump and his supporters .

I think america needs more than a president and trump is not that guy and neither is biden , plus I really am not a fan of China and any US president that has the backbone to stand up to china and its propaganda is supposed to be a good thing .China needs to be curtailed simple as that.
I know a lot of american nigerians here do not like it when us nigerians talk about American politics and they like to remind you of how poor and wretched u r in a village talking about america, point is they should bear with us,Nigeria is completely useless and not worth talking about , talking about a functional democracy like america is fulfilling . Nigeria is a useless stretch of real estate run by very horrible leaders and talking about Nigeria is a precursor for depression .

Talking about america is interesting and gives you a sense of knowledge about global events so to the American Nigerians here quit with those weak lines , funny thing is a lot of African Americans do not rate other Africans and probably consider themselves better ,so when I see BLM protest in nigeria maybe for once I agree with the nigerian americans here always denigrating nigerians for bothering with american matters .

Una well done

1 Like

Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by DexterousOne(m): 9:47am On Jun 06, 2020
bunku:
Many of you that supports d demonic Democrats in a person of Joe Biden are very goofy.
You guys don't know what you re wishing for. May God open your eyes to see the truth.
I truly stand by Trump and God has ordained him,no power on Earth can stop it.

God cannot ordain a vile human being like Trump

You Christian's are delusional to think Trump is a christian or is a godly person
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by dometome: 9:47am On Jun 06, 2020
CaptainMarvel:
Americans are obviously fed up with Trump...but i doubt if Biden can defeat him. He's so frail
Are you sure Americans are fed up with Trump? Or you just watch too much CNN

3 Likes

Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by Originality007: 9:48am On Jun 06, 2020
DexterousOne:

You trump supporters should tell yourselves the truth

Trump still has a very good chance of losing

It's a 50/50 thing at this point
..if he continue on this self destruct path
.he will be shown the way out.

If those protesters out there show up at the booth.
He will also be shown thr way out.

Everything depends on how he conducts himself

Those protesters keep protesting because Democrats are fueling them. Floyd was killed by police and Trump Promised Justice will b served, those cops has being charged Now tell me why the protest still persist ?

3 Likes

Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by dometome: 9:48am On Jun 06, 2020
Bar1941:
It's going to be more than a easy ride for you come Nov. 3rd 2020 because you will be contesting against a foolish excentric morón whose stupity and naiveness has affected the respect and honour being bestowed on America before his emergence. Every aspect of US economy is in comatose and a visionary diplomatic leadership is urgently needed to restore the lost glory of our dear beloved God's own country.
I know some religious bigots in Nigeria still see the fat brain Trump as their saviour, but thankfully they can only vote on nairaland not elsewhere and going by their antecedents on this platform, whoever they supported here always lose at the real election. The true Americans will excercise their franchisé and retore the lost glory of the US. God bless Nigeria.
God bless Africa.
God bless USA.
God bless the whole world.

Too much CNN is your problem

3 Likes

Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by Originality007: 9:49am On Jun 06, 2020
Abbeybailey:
Bye Felicia.

Bye Patricia grin

1 Like

Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by DexterousOne(m): 9:50am On Jun 06, 2020
unclecycs:
Truth is nobody is a bigger obstacle to a trump reelection than the man trump himself ,with his numerous gaffes and unguarded utterances one would imagine he either has very bad advisers who are deliberately sabotaging him or he simply doesn't listen to anyone and does what he likes, bottom line trump has continued to fire shots at his own foot .
Coming out of the impeachment saga he almost looked heroic, like the guy battling a corrupt democratic establishment trying to steal his presidency ,then covid 19 happened a chance for trump to expand his base ,save american lives and improve his general ratings and he goofed with all those bleeped up statements , the ban on china travel came late and the hypocritical Democrats did not spare him . Remember Nancy? The old woman running Congress,remember what she said about the china travel ban and corona generally ?,well CNN refused to give it air play as much as any trump statements,obviously it wont look good for the narrative they want out there

best be sure she is as responsible for some corona deaths as trump is for her uninformed utterances I mean imagine how many democrats may have let their guards down and contracted corona just by listening to Nancy . Let it be know that most of the democratic leaders are so sickeningly hypocritical it's almost nauseating and this s in no way trying to glorify trump but for real the double standards ,the hypocrisy in america its sickening .

Biden has gifted trump chances to reshape the narrative and put biden on the defensive but trump misses consistently and instead puts himself on the defensive with his own stupid statements. Remember biden comment on "u ain't black "? Does it take a rocket scientist to know that all trump needed to do was to milk that gaffe for whatever it was worth as CNN refused to empanel its usual angry crew to dissect and criticize etc.

Well george floyd was murdered and trump again shoots his own foot with "looters and shooters" , he had one job, come out presidential give a unifying speech talk to a nation with concern and promise justice and charge Congress to push legislation for reforms ,no!!! not trump !!he had to go bombast and talk out of turn and instead biden gives a "presidential speech" and now looks a better prospect .I do not know if it is deliberate or the man is just going nuts etc because even for an amateur it is very hard to not see how man chances the democrats and biden have gifted trump to propagate a counter narrative and put the dems on some form of defensive .

Let it be known that on a normal presidential debate trump would destroy biden and wipe the floor with him I mean forget sentiments,trump is brash ,disrespectful , unhinged , a big yellow troll , and loves to play dirty and yet passionate, biden speaks and I picture stale bread in my mind ,almost without conviction or any sort of passion ,just wait for the next trump rally and you wonder what the hell is going on .

Trump never cares about poaching undecided voters trump has a cult following of conservative middle aged white blue worker americans, evangelicals, rednecks ,and a bunch of kkk racist white supremacists NRA gun lovers scattered evenly in the suburbs and they may not be plenty when compared to New York etc but they are evenly spread and this is the base he leverages on to seek reelection. ( through the EC again of course ). Yeah biden can take the popular votes but the next trump rally would give u a clear picture about trump and his supporters .

I think america needs more than a president and trump is not that guy and neither is biden , plus I really am not a fan of China and any US president that has the backbone to stand up to china and its propaganda is supposed to be a good thing .China needs to be curtailed simple as that.
I know a lot of american nigerians here do not like it when us nigerians talk about American politics and they like to remind you of how poor and wretched u r in a village talking about america, point is they should bear with us,Nigeria is completely useless and not worth talking about , talking about a functional democracy like america is fulfilling . Nigeria is a useless stretch of real estate run by very horrible leaders and talking about Nigeria is a precursor for depression .

Talking about america is interesting and gives you a sense of knowledge about global events so to the American Nigerians here quit with those weak lines , funny thing is a lot of African Americans do not rate other Africans and probably consider themselves better ,so when I see BLM protest in nigeria maybe for once I agree with the nigerian americans here always denigrating nigerians for bothering with american matters .

Una well done

Well said

This is more objective

If Trump continues to gaffe

Even if his opponent is a goat
He will lose to that goat
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by OBku4(m): 9:51am On Jun 06, 2020
martineverest:
with what is going on in America ,Trump is on his way out
we'll see
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by DexterousOne(m): 9:53am On Jun 06, 2020
Originality007:

Those protesters keep protesting because Democrats are fueling them. Floyd was killed by police and Trump Promised Justice will b served, those cops has being charged Now tell me why the protest still persist ?

Because Trump is a careless in how he talks and is a fool.

The way he conducts himself is acceptable in say Africa because africans by default are in love with posturing and demagogue behaviour

However in civilised societies
Its uncalled for

The 1st Amendment guarantees the right to protest

And if a sitting American president is threatening his people the way he was
And threatening to send soldiers into the states (which btw is an unimpeachable offence)
It means the man is not fit for office

Just four months ago
The election would have been won easily by Trump

But with the recent turn of events
I'm not sure again
It can go anyhow
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by DexterousOne(m): 9:54am On Jun 06, 2020
OBku4:
we'll see

Yea

I'm really keen to see the magic he will perform
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by OBku4(m): 9:56am On Jun 06, 2020
Trumpvirus
I know you're biased but com'on
Abbeybailey:
America in chaos. Over 39 million Americans filed for unemployment benefits and many millions more on the queue. $3 Trillion debt and growing. Over 110.000 Americans dead of Trumpvirus and sadly many more to die. You think any president in America can win reelection with that. Thank God you are in Nigeria not in America.
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by casiello(m): 9:58am On Jun 06, 2020
salford1:
Watching from Canada cool
Whatever goes on down south affects us.
Our PM taking the knee.
JT is lucky this crisis happened after his re-election. It would have definitely dwindled his chances
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by hermesprogidy(m): 10:06am On Jun 06, 2020
PremierGuy:

Trump hasn't increased his base from 2016, rather he has lost quite a significant number of voter groups. Trump promised to do things differently back in 2016, which didn't work out even before the Covid pandemic.

For Biden, unfortunately under this present climate is a better choice. His years in the Senate, VP for 8years and bipartisanship will get enough votes from independents and progressive republicans who aren't comfortable with Trump style of presidency.

I doubt Biden will do much, if elected as President. But at this rate, anybody is better than Trump.
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by OBku4(m): 10:08am On Jun 06, 2020
PremierGuy:

Trump will definetely need more than the evangelicals, working class to win his 2nd term.

The other demograph - the older folks over 65s that voted for him in 2016 have largely left him. The younger generations 18-35 will not be voting Trump.

grin grin
Because they came to your house to tell you ba?

Lolzzz. grin

1 Like

Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by OBku4(m): 10:12am On Jun 06, 2020
Abbeybailey:
When Trump became the president on Jan 20, 2017, employment rate was a shed under 5%. Obama brought it from over 10% to 5 % while creating about 20 million jobs in 8 years. Here we are now with over 13% unemployment rate and over 110.000 Americans dead and sadly many more to go. Over 38 millions Americans still unemployed and the National debt is over $3 Trillion. In America, the buck stops at the president desk. The key question in America when a president is running for re-election is ARE YOU BETTER OFF NOW THAN FOUR YEARS AGO ?. That's the deciding factor in America.

Funny people. grin

Not them ...you

3 Likes

Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by siverspooon(m): 10:16am On Jun 06, 2020
linearity:

Can you provide any independent stats on which you based your conclusions?

All polls out there, including those from Fox News clearly indicates that, if the Election is held today; Biden will eat Trump’s cake despite the advantages of an incumbent.
4get d polls Biden lacks what it takes to beat Trump. Democrats shot themselves on the foot here

1 Like

Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by Originality007: 10:21am On Jun 06, 2020
DexterousOne:

Because Trump is a careless in how he talks and is a fool.

The way he conducts himself is acceptable in say Africa because africans by default are in love with posturing and demagogue behaviour

However in civilised societies
Its uncalled for

The 1st Amendment guarantees the right to protest

And if a sitting American president is threatening his people the way he was
And threatening to send soldiers into the states (which btw is an unimpeachable offence)
It means the man is not fit for office

Just four months ago
The election would have been won easily by Trump

But with the recent turn of events
I'm not sure again
It can go anyhow

Yeah Peaceful protest, Not Arson ,looting, destroying public properties, what was happening in some states in America then is no more protest but arson and looting. If not the presence of National Guards those things will countinue. This is not first time people will not protest against Trump while he didnt call Military action on them den, but because those protest were peacful ones. No good president will ever allow allow looting and burning in his or her under the disguise of Protest

2 Likes

Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by siverspooon(m): 10:24am On Jun 06, 2020
davidadenrele:

You read an articles, based on stastics and fact about Joe Biden chances, if you damn sure your Donald Trump has chances of winning this forth coming election let's see your facts don't come up with assumption if your asked Donald Trump is a 'Goner" this time his chances are damn slim!!
Bro d fear of the silence voters in d Us is d winning of elections in d Us. Those silent voters are the election winners in America. That's why their election is full of surprises

1 Like

Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by zumazeks: 10:26am On Jun 06, 2020
unclecycs:

Una well done

Such dispassionate appraisal.
kudos.
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by hermesprogidy(m): 10:27am On Jun 06, 2020
Originality007:

The protests have gone beyond George Floyd. It is now about police brutality and reforms. It is now about the stark inequalities in America. George Floyd was the spark.
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 10:28am On Jun 06, 2020
ishowdotgmail:
LIKE for Trump, SHARE for Biden
Now we know trump will loose sad
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by hermesprogidy(m): 10:29am On Jun 06, 2020
siverspooon:

Bro d fear of the silence voters in d Us is d winning of elections in d Us. Those silent voters are the election winners in America. That's why their election is full of surprises
There will be little surprise. All Biden needs to do is pick a strong VP ( either or Elizabeth Warren or an African American) and it's case closed for Trump.
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by hermesprogidy(m): 10:36am On Jun 06, 2020
The Biden campaign has been smart so far. Stop the calamitous Biden from speaking and watch Trump self destruct. They should just avoid any debates while they are at it.

1 Like

Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 06, 2020
Let the battle begins. No ringing and no foreign assistance. Let's go to the pool and let the best and most popular person wins

BEGINS
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by foleskay(m): 10:42am On Jun 06, 2020
Ladyhippolyta88:

The momentum building against him now.
I hope it continues till November.
And Biden needs a strong VP that is eloquent and can be loved by the American people or endorsement to help his campaign.But I think they want anybody but Trump at the moment.
Millions of blacks still supprt trump. Kante west is still a lover of trump, same as many other blacks. November is still very far, and by then temper would hv doused. Trump will win

2 Likes

Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by duality(m): 10:56am On Jun 06, 2020
kay10:
I wonder how most of the people in nairaland thinks, it has already been written on the wall that Americans are tired of trump, trump doesn't has pedigree and political good wills to lead my American to promise land, he doesn't understand global politics, most of the people thought that he would input his economic experience in to America economic crisis but could not because he was inepted to global economic development and the again his style of governcy is completely outrageous and unprofessional. This is not the type of president American wants , America deserves someone that understands global politics and also global economic development because they are mentor to other countries.

It's almost the same sentiments we had in Nigeria 2015. There's something that pushes many people to the wrong path. It's so strong that it's difficult to rescue people from it.
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by Mummyfour(f): 10:57am On Jun 06, 2020
kay10:
I wonder how most of the people in nairaland thinks, it has already been written on the wall that Americans are tired of trump, trump doesn't has pedigree and political good wills to lead my American to promise land, he doesn't understand global politics, most of the people thought that he would input his economic experience in to America economic crisis but could not because he was inepted to global economic development and the again his style of governcy is completely outrageous and unprofessional. This is not the type of president American wants , America deserves someone that understands global politics and also global economic development because they are mentor to other countries.
. What you outlined here is exactly what Nigeria is going through. I don't live in US and don't really understand everything about the politics,to be honest. But the name Buhari should be replaced with Trump in this your comment. This government is worst than the American government. How can we even compare?
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by Playermayweda(m): 11:03am On Jun 06, 2020
I Don't like American news agencies, They try to paint someone as evil in people's subconscious mind, Before you insult trump do proper Research first

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ivanka Trump Plans To Attend Biden's Inauguration Against Her Father's Wishes / Cash Hoard Found At Al-bashir's Home In Sudan / Malia Obama Is Going To Harvard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.