Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,914 members, 7,828,193 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination (35109 Views)

Moon Landing Today: US Clinches First Touchdown In 50 Years / GSA Tells Biden That Transition Can Formally Begin / US, Israel Formally Quit UNESCO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by kelvindj98: 3:00pm On Jun 06, 2020
YanshmasterGee:
How come all the opinion polls favored her?
Clinton had a favourability rating lower than 40% during the election. It was basically on par with Trump's rating.
Remember also that she only won the primary because she and the DNC rigged it away from Bernie. So Bernie's supporters also refused to vote for her.
Hillary and Biden are just not comparable. Most old Americans (they are the ones that vote) actually like Biden even despite all the flaws (the guy is corrupt and his brain is touching).
Anyway, Trump would have won his re-election with ease if all these crisis didn't happen.
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by paulsir: 3:05pm On Jun 06, 2020
Poloyanabo1:
Biden to trump is same as Atiku to buhari!
They are lost causes, Biden lacks what it takes to beat Trump the anointed one.

And who anointed the racist? Have you read how God rejected Saul and adopted David? Trump is a goner. Russia n China will not rig for him this time. If you have people that have businesses in the US ask them how they are faring with his policies. Most of the universities that make money through international students and have around 150 students from all over Asia and African had less than 15 and how many Americans attends and pay tuitions for education?
Imagine the embassies in Nigeria having pregnancy test for our women before giving them visa solely because he doesn't want them to have a child born in the US. I don't know who is more wicked between Trump and the Nazi armies in the WW2.
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by salford1: 3:08pm On Jun 06, 2020
Offorgerald15:
why the IPOB?
Check their antecedents on Nairaland and Facebook/Twitter. The majority of them are quick to praise Trump when he encouraged the use of violence on protesting Americans (majority were peaceful), but they forgot Buhari did same to them in Nigeria when he unleashed operation python dance.
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by salford1: 3:11pm On Jun 06, 2020
tarantino1:

The same Kanye that was seen at the protest
Kanye also offered to sponsor George's kid till University.
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by DexterousOne(m): 3:15pm On Jun 06, 2020
siverspooon:

Bro d fear of the silence voters in d Us is d winning of elections in d Us. Those silent voters are the election winners in America. That's why their election is full of surprises

Silent voters that did not win trump the popular vote

And he had to win swing states by razor thin margins?

There is no such thing as a silent majority

More like the influential minority
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by DexterousOne(m): 3:16pm On Jun 06, 2020
abdsamad:

Honestly, I'd rather trump wins again. With biden it's going to be glamour painted over failure and people will be fooled into thinking things are fine

With trump, more people are waking up to just how bad things are and have always been cos he's laying it all out.

Anything less than Bernie is pretty much more of the same. Warren would have been fine but biden is step back in the wrong direction.

You really have a solid point

But then

Trump has to go
He don too do
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by Focusmind: 3:53pm On Jun 06, 2020
Easy ride for Trump.

Sleepy Joe stands no chance at all.

Michael Bloomberg would have electrified the election campaign

1 Like

Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by amanikondo: 4:44pm On Jun 06, 2020
CaptainMarvel:

okay. Good for you. But Trump really needs act his status and put in-check his wild actions and unguarded utterances. He's so objective and quick to call people bad names- "you're a bad reporter, you're a terrible person. this or that governor is weak". Diplomacy works better IMO.

When he called the guy a bad reporter, the media showed you that part and you swallowed it.

The reporter had already asked him two stupid questions then the 3rd question to provoke the man. I watched it in full. You were showed the snippet that made Trump look bad.

1 Like

Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by willyjacs(m): 4:55pm On Jun 06, 2020
EVILFOREST:

Do you reside in the US...?
That was what they said before, yet he won.
US doesn't joke with Security and Employment, no matter what.
You will be surprised when the results start trooping in.
TRUMP knows his Onions
are u an American?
if not an American, then u have no idea whether it's going Trump's way or not too.
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by elunico: 5:04pm On Jun 06, 2020
Grandmeister:

You remember the Tara reade saga! All of a sudden the crooked biased media spun full circle and stated asking for due process and innocent till proven guilty because Biden was being accused...these guys are venomous brood of vipers.

Of course I do remember. Such hypocrisy is on a scale that's disturbing more than it is dangerous.

How many male college students were sent out of school because of the Title ix bullshît provision.
We should believe all women coming forth with rape allegations except when the shoe is on Biden's foot or any of the elite would due process be adhered to.

2 Likes

Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by elunico: 5:10pm On Jun 06, 2020
paulsir:

And who anointed the racist? Have you read how God rejected Saul and adopted David? Trump is a goner. Russia n China will not rig for him this time. If you have people that have businesses in the US ask them how they are faring with his policies. Most of the universities that make money through international students and have around 150 students from all over Asia and African had less than 15 and how many Americans attends and pay tuitions for education?
Imagine the embassies in Nigeria having pregnancy test for our women before giving them visa solely because he doesn't want them to have a child born in the US. I don't know who is more wicked between Trump and the Nazi armies in the WW2.

I'm pretty sure when you were comparing Trump and the Nazis you felt you must have made sense. What a shame. CNN did the damage.

1 Like

Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by elunico: 5:14pm On Jun 06, 2020
PremierGuy:

Tara Reade's allegations are dead and buried, even her attorney have drop her because of too many inconsistencies in her allegations.

All the same proper investigation into the allegations should be carried out by the authorities.

No, we should believe her because she's a woman with a story no matter the inconsistencies.

When the threatened to pull out findings from colleges and universities that refused to follow the title ix provisions, didn't he know that it'd later come back to bite him in the a$$$?

Do you know how many innocent young men lost their education because of that demonic practice? God bless DT for writing it off.
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 06, 2020
paulsir:

He(trump) is anointed because he has followed the path of Godliness by Publicly declaring his faith in God, and initiating prayers in the white housecan any democrat do that?
When Ahab in the bible despite being an evil man, decided to honour God,
Didn't God give him victory?
Democrats are Antichrist.
America shall be great.
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 06, 2020
paulsir:

He(trump) is anointed because he has followed the path of Godliness by Publicly declaring his faith in God, and initiating prayers in the white housecan any democrat do that?
When Ahab in the bible despite being an evil man, decided to honour God,
Didn't God give him victory against Hazael?
Democrats are Antichrist.
America shall be great.
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by Chris2863(m): 6:15pm On Jun 06, 2020
lhulere:
we give 100% warranty on all our UK used laptops
Where are you located and can someone pay on installments?
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by ofiko123(m): 6:48pm On Jun 06, 2020
Trump will definitely defeat biden..
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by Goldmaxx(f): 7:06pm On Jun 06, 2020
DexterousOne:

Many Trump supporters here should not be surprise md if Trump loses in November

Biden supporters should not be surprised if Trump wins in November

This election is not sure for Trump anymore

Looking at Trump dispassionately
And you will see a disastrous president

Looking at Biden
You see a weak candidate

So its still in the air

This elections now depend on how Trump can get his acts together

Wisconsin Arizona and even Ohio is at risk of slipping through his hands

These are states he won with VERY NARROW MARGINS that got him the presidency despite getting millions less vote than Hilary (side note Wisconsin was 47% Hillary, 47.5% Trump)

While Trump FC nigerian chapter is celebrating victory in Nigeria already
Trump in the USA is calling emergency meeting with his campaign team because he is worried about the polling cheesy

Nigerians sef
where did you get the news that Trump called for an emergency meeting because of polling. Polls are the last thing trump is after right now. Polls change. By the time he lunches his full campaign, things would change. It's like you are new to American politics, someone can lead the year long polls but things begin to change at the last minute. Undecided voters are still around 15%. So don't predict the outcome of an election in about five months with recent happenings now.
The election is a tossup, anything can happen. But I myself believe trump is in a better position than he was in 2016, combined with other factors he has the advantage.

For your correction, Ohio was a landslide for Trump. He won it by a whooping 9 points of about 600000. Trump will comfortably win Arizona, Wisconsin is the tossup there.
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by DexterousOne(m): 7:22pm On Jun 06, 2020
Goldmaxx:
where did you get the news that Trump called for an emergency meeting because of polling. Polls are the last thing trump is after right now. Polls change. By the time he lunches his full campaign, things would change. It's like you are new to American politics, someone can lead the year long polls but things begin to change at the last minute. Undecided voters are still around 15%. So don't predict the outcome of an election in about five months with recent happenings now.
The election is a tossup, anything can happen. But I myself believe trump is in a better position than he was in 2016, combined with other factors he has the advantage.

For your correction, Ohio was a landslide for Trump. He won it by a whooping 9 points of about 600000. Trump will comfortably win Arizona, Wisconsin is the tossup there.

Lmao

I wont argue with you sha .

I have said mine
You have said yours

November will be the judge

Trump did not expand his support base and is banking on low turnout this time like it was in 16

Joe Biden does not have his own CORE base either and he is banking on annoyer independents; disgruntled Republicans and party loyalists

Make we dey look how it goes sha

Na 50|50 match up of two useless candidates
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by noisy45(m): 7:31pm On Jun 06, 2020
BunsenBurner:

Go and remove him na.When a far bigger opponent in Hilary Clinton lost unexpectedly who the hell is Joe Biden?The media can show all they want but the people who decide are the people and the electoral college.I might hate Trump's actions of recent but the truth is the Democrats didn't bring a heavy competitor.

Go and note it down Trump is not coming back the second term
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by Luchitec(m): 7:44pm On Jun 06, 2020
If Trump is suffering from mid-stage dementia, then Joe Biden's dementia is in the last stage grin. The reality is that it doesn't matter whether Trump or Biden became the next POTUS; the current cycle of political bullshit will continue in the USA for a while.
Abbeybailey:
Trump is in mid stage dementia that killed his Father Fred and his Grandfather. Dementia is hereditary and that's why he slurs his words and lies constantly. You don't know what the heck you are talking about. Yours truly will vote on Nov 3rd and i dare you to say the same thing. Bye.
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by DexterousOne(m): 8:17pm On Jun 06, 2020
kelvindj98:

You are the one who knows nothing. Hillary Clinton is one of the most hated politician in the US. It's obvious you're already clueless if you think she was a better challenger.

Please tell them
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by DexterousOne(m): 8:21pm On Jun 06, 2020
bunku:
Many of you that supports d demonic Democrats in a person of Joe Biden are very goofy.
You guys don't know what you re wishing for. May God open your eyes to see the truth.
I truly stand by Trump and God has ordained him,no power on Earth can stop it.

"God ordained Trump?"

This has to be a joke cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by DexterousOne(m): 8:22pm On Jun 06, 2020
Blackfriday:
Have you ever tuned in to a live Fox news or any right wing media platforms?
When I saw the FOX polling
I knew there was trouble

Trump better arrange himself
Or he will be arranged in november
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by DexterousOne(m): 8:30pm On Jun 06, 2020
Playermayweda:
I Don't like American news agencies, They try to paint someone as evil in people's subconscious mind, Before you insult trump do proper Research first

Before you praise Trump

Do some research to know his antecedents

Forget what all these deluded supposed Christians are saying

Do some research

Start from central park 5
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by abdsamad(m): 9:52pm On Jun 06, 2020
grandstar:

I still believe lower corporate taxes are good for America. It's pro small business and reduces the urge to maximize tax avoidance opportunities.

However, I have no idea how much damage it did to federal revenues. At times, the faster growth generated by the tax cuts brings in more revenue than before. Did it happen this time?

I'm no fan of Trump. I'm even apolitical.

It does not work. They only did stock buy backs with the money. They'll still avoid taxes anyway they can.
Moreover Trump didn't cut taxes because it was somehow supposed to help America, he did it cos it helps his wealthy friends and most importantly himself.

It doesn't matter anyway, whether the revenue increased or not, the distribution is still terribly polarised in the favor of the elite and the military still gets truck loads of money to waste on failures they call wars
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by DanjaNinja(m): 12:09am On Jun 07, 2020
EVILFOREST:

Do you reside in the US...?
That was what they said before, yet he won.
US doesn't joke with Security and Employment, no matter what.
You will be surprised when the results start trooping in.
TRUMP knows his Onions

Actually i do. Please, i want to learn. Can you name one Trump policy that has positively improved the life of an average american? Again, i just want to learn.
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by Jochabed(f): 6:56am On Jun 07, 2020
[quote author=paulsir post=90374565]

Imagine the embassies in Nigeria having pregnancy test for our women before giving them visa solely because he doesn't want them to have a child born in the US. I don't know who is more wicked between Trump and the Nazi armies in the WW2.[quote] You talk as tho God himself told you that trump is a goner. Listen let's not loud our selves,God alone knows who is going to the White House come November 3. If you go to trumps official Facebook page, boy!! That man is loved, his voters are the silent majority, the make less noise.
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by Chuky7(m): 10:26am On Jun 07, 2020
EVILFOREST:
He will not be able to defeat TRUMP.
TRUMP would have gotten it hotter if it were Bloomberg..

Exactly...

where is Bloomberg anyways...

last I heard he was shoulder to shoulder with trump now all am seeing is sleeping joe...
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by abdsamad(m): 10:42am On Jun 07, 2020
EVILFOREST:
He will not be able to defeat TRUMP.
TRUMP would have gotten it hotter if it were Bloomberg..

Seriously! Bloomberg?
Bloomberg failed miserably in the democratic primaries despite spending more money than God apparently.
So democrats hate his guts. Where do you expect him to get the votes to defeat trump?
Independents? Republicans?
Or you think people will just support him cos he's the democratic nominee.
People are waking up, my friend. It didn't work for Hillary and it certainly wouldn't have worked for Broombag
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by darams4all(m): 1:23pm On Jun 07, 2020
Even a no man will beat Trump this time if he plays his politics well and capitalize on the enormous faults of Trump
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by kodded(m): 7:41am On Jun 08, 2020
sucess001:
Biden will beat trump easily.

With all the crises Trump is facing plus a GOP party not fully behind him....forget it.

Even George bush is against trump. Don't even forget that the only strength trump had...the economy has been wiped off by the covid pandemic...

It's done and dusted.
you speak like a man that does not have success
Re: Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination by sucess001(m): 7:43am On Jun 08, 2020
kodded:
you speak like a man that does not have success

And you like a man that is demented koddedly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ivanka Trump Plans To Attend Biden's Inauguration Against Her Father's Wishes / Cash Hoard Found At Al-bashir's Home In Sudan / Malia Obama Is Going To Harvard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.