Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,229 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Rape: Legalise Stun Guns, Pepper Spray For Women, Oluwo Urges Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rape: Legalise Stun Guns, Pepper Spray For Women, Oluwo Urges Buhari (494 Views)

Legalise Cultivation Of Cannabis, Akeredolu Urges FG / Reps To Legalise Use, Sale Of Cannabis In Nigeria / South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rape: Legalise Stun Guns, Pepper Spray For Women, Oluwo Urges Buhari by agwom(m): 10:23pm On Jun 06, 2020
The Oluwo of Iwoland, Oba Abdulrosheed Adewale Akanbi, has asked the Federal Government to legalise the use of stun guns and pepper spray for females as defence items against rape.

The monarch, in a statement on Saturday by his media aide, Alli Ibrahim, condemned incessant cases of rape in the society. He also urged the nation’s lawmakers to come up with stricter penalties for rapists in order to protect the pride of Nigerian females. Oluwo stated: “The reported cases of rape are alarming and call for serious concern by responsible stakeholders.

“Apart from constitutional penalty against rapists, I want to charge the government to consider legalization of the use of stun guns and pepper spray by females as protective items against unapproved sexual attempts.

“Many ladies were raped and killed. I’ve strong trust that the items, when approved for females, will protect them against such an unjust treatment and return sanctity to our society. “By that, the constitutional provision is a long term punishment; while pepper spray and stun gun are short term defence measures. “The defence instruments could form part of females’ accessories in their hand bags and purses.

“There are training sessions available overseas even in South Africa for females to learn how to use it in warding off attackers” “Rapists are coward animals and not human. The trauma of their victims is an eternal curse of no remedy. “Raped victims are no doubt mentally disturbed and emotionally imbalanced.”

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/rape-legalise-stun-guns-pepper-spray-for-women-oluwo-urges-buhari.html
Re: Rape: Legalise Stun Guns, Pepper Spray For Women, Oluwo Urges Buhari by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jun 06, 2020
Since 1960, every citizen is a government of himself. Eg Power supply, security, oil and gas, education, internet, cable, etc.. Buy those things and legalise it yourself..

Dem no fit dash me my human right. Human right na my property.~ Fela

2 Likes

Re: Rape: Legalise Stun Guns, Pepper Spray For Women, Oluwo Urges Buhari by baby124: 10:30pm On Jun 06, 2020
When are we going to investigate Oluwo for his ex-wife’s allegations that he was sleeping with a 13yr old. I am very interested in that allegation.

1 Like

Re: Rape: Legalise Stun Guns, Pepper Spray For Women, Oluwo Urges Buhari by BENARI: 10:39pm On Jun 06, 2020
This man should be called the Ewu of whatever land they say he rules. Who told him stun guns and pepper spray are illegal in Nigeria? Talk about how informed so called Nigerian rulers are.
Re: Rape: Legalise Stun Guns, Pepper Spray For Women, Oluwo Urges Buhari by Divinenwa: 10:52pm On Jun 06, 2020
That would not still sovlve the promblem, because no one when rape will occur
Re: Rape: Legalise Stun Guns, Pepper Spray For Women, Oluwo Urges Buhari by Freestainworld(m): 11:08pm On Jun 06, 2020
this one too na person king

1 Like

Re: Rape: Legalise Stun Guns, Pepper Spray For Women, Oluwo Urges Buhari by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jun 06, 2020
I guess this is no new, as in: who ban those items before?
Re: Rape: Legalise Stun Guns, Pepper Spray For Women, Oluwo Urges Buhari by illicit(m): 11:29pm On Jun 06, 2020
My king
Re: Rape: Legalise Stun Guns, Pepper Spray For Women, Oluwo Urges Buhari by FlordFlorez(m): 11:44pm On Jun 06, 2020
Coming from a serial rapist and drug addict. Sense far from this man sha. People do say "money miss road" but in this man case, "crown miss road".

2 Likes

Re: Rape: Legalise Stun Guns, Pepper Spray For Women, Oluwo Urges Buhari by babyfaceafrica: 12:00am On Jun 07, 2020
This guy is high... Stun guns and pepper spray?.. Really

1 Like

Re: Rape: Legalise Stun Guns, Pepper Spray For Women, Oluwo Urges Buhari by Yankee101: 12:02am On Jun 07, 2020
Get one for yourself, don't wait for the FG
Re: Rape: Legalise Stun Guns, Pepper Spray For Women, Oluwo Urges Buhari by Jakemedg(m): 12:03am On Jun 07, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
This guy is high... Stun guns and pepper spray?.. Really
Pepper spray can be misused
Re: Rape: Legalise Stun Guns, Pepper Spray For Women, Oluwo Urges Buhari by babyfaceafrica: 12:05am On Jun 07, 2020
Jakemedg:
Pepper spray can be misused
those things no go even work.. Most rape na person wey u know and if five people one rape.. How will u attack d five?
Re: Rape: Legalise Stun Guns, Pepper Spray For Women, Oluwo Urges Buhari by Heffalump(m): 12:11am On Jun 07, 2020
FlordFlorez:
Coming from a serial rapist and drug addict. Sense far from this man sha. People do say "money miss road" but in this man case, "crown miss road".

I wondered at first when I read the headline, had to read it three times repeatedly.

The same Oluwo that raped his house maid. Very wayward Nigger undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rape: Legalise Stun Guns, Pepper Spray For Women, Oluwo Urges Buhari by FlordFlorez(m): 12:16am On Jun 07, 2020
Heffalump:

I wondered at first when I read the headline, had to read it three times repeatedly.

The same Oluwo that raped his house maid. Very wayward Nigger undecided
Im wondering why his wife has not charge him.
Re: Rape: Legalise Stun Guns, Pepper Spray For Women, Oluwo Urges Buhari by Blue3k(m): 1:36am On Jun 07, 2020
All these items should be legal to begin with. I have no issue with anybody arming themselves. This is especially true considering how inept the government is.
Re: Rape: Legalise Stun Guns, Pepper Spray For Women, Oluwo Urges Buhari by Corporate2020: 4:32am On Jun 07, 2020
baby124:
When are we going to investigate Oluwo for his ex-wife’s allegations that he was sleeping with a 13yr old. I am very interested in that allegation.

Nobody listens to what a bitter prostitute from drug infested Jamaica who was sleeping with her father's mate.
Re: Rape: Legalise Stun Guns, Pepper Spray For Women, Oluwo Urges Buhari by baby124: 6:23am On Jun 07, 2020
Corporate2020:

Nobody listens to what a bitter prostitute from drug infested Jamaica who was sleeping with her father's mate.
Yea. Let’s talk to the 13yr old. The so called Jamaican prostitute is not lying. Oluwo was caught on tape admitting to sleeping with the little girl. You can watch it on YouTube. We can’t have pedophiles in kingship in Yorubaland. Oluwo was also sleeping with his daughters mate if that is the angle he wants to take.

He’s confirmed a useless, unstable and dead beat father. He was caught on tape saying all sorts including disrespecting the women of his town. He’s a disgrace to the throne he seats on and should be dethroned, investigated and arrested if he raped that little girl.
Re: Rape: Legalise Stun Guns, Pepper Spray For Women, Oluwo Urges Buhari by Nobody: 6:46am On Jun 07, 2020
I am also interested of what should be legalized for false rape accusers.

(1) (Reply)

. / Bayelsa Guber: Supreme Court Orders Speedy Hearing Of Alaibe’s Appeal / IPOB : Nnamdi Kanu Reveals Real Reason Buhari Wants Him Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.