Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,739 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad - Nairaland / General (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad (105596 Views)

I Now Have One Hundred TRILLION Dollars, So I Am A Celebrity (with Full Proof) / If You Are Asked Not To Talk For A Year And Get 1 Million Dollar? / Nairaland So Addictive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 6:41am On Feb 03, 2011
dayokanu:

I actually like you mocking em GAYYners. To feel my coolness you have to visit my room

angry

I'll mock your team too.   Never you worry.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 6:42am On Feb 03, 2011
Its funny how everyone is fighting over Isale

Isale seems to be the new bride on NL

Her list of suitors thus far include:

Katsumoto
Bluetooth
OAMJ
DayoKanu
Buzegee
SEFAGO

Letz see how it all plays out in the coming weeks
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 6:46am On Feb 03, 2011
fstranger1:

Her list of suitors thus far include:

Katsumoto
Bluetooth
OAMJ
DayoKanu
Buzegee
SEFAGO

Katsumoto  -  I did nothing; he's just playing
Bluetooth - Don't think so; he's just playing
OAMJ - He's a tard  grin; he's just playing
DayoKanu - We've been thru this; he's a troublemaker  smiley
Buzegee - He's my buddy
SEFAGO - How could you?  angry
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by dayokanu(m): 6:48am On Feb 03, 2011
isale_gan2:

Katsumoto - I did nothing; he's just playing
OAMJ - He's a tard grin; he's just playing
DayoKanu - We've been thru this; I have a crush on him smiley
Buzegee - He's my buddy
SEFAGO - How could you? angry

cool cool cool cool
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 7:02am On Feb 03, 2011
dayokanu:

cool cool cool cool

Grand denial?

No greater denial, as far as I can tell, has ever befallen man

Yours, is of monumental scale, fit only to be recorded in equally monumental record books like The Guinness World Book Of Records.

Hope you sleep well tonight. sad
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 7:04am On Feb 03, 2011
dayokanu:

DayoKanu - We've been thru this; I have a crush on him; he's just looking to add to his harem - he'll move on to someone else in a short while
cool cool cool cool

DK, did you see your name on "the list" in the gay thread? hehehehe

fstranger1:

So, did I do something to cause that?  Don't think so.  

Hey, some troublemaker named Debosky was here this afternoon; egging on DK - telling him I am somebody else.  angry

Anyway, you're on top of that list in the aforementioned thread cos I know you have a sense of humour.  How was your day? Also wanted to ask you how a couple things went - something we discussed on SOTU night, and the health followup of older friend of mine that she refused to pay for.

Have a nice night.

P.S. I think I'm supposed to check the profile of a poster named Oyinda.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 7:14am On Feb 03, 2011
fstranger1:

Hope you sleep well tonight. sad

Stranger, I'll be up for a while since I fell asleep before.  embarassed

P.S.  Still watching Cairo implode.  I am so proud of these Egyptians!  You think we would fight that hard if we needed to?  Imagine if they switch off internet and wireless phone access countrywide in Naija?  I think even my dear ol' mom would riot if she couldn't use her cell phones.  smiley  tongue
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by dayokanu(m): 7:38am On Feb 03, 2011
Isale gangan which thread are yu talking about?

My harem is the best clique to join
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 7:43am On Feb 03, 2011
dayokanu:

Isale gangan which thread are yu talking about/

34-page thread about Ugandan guy.  Don't worry; nothing bad.  And it was all in jest anyway. 

I'm switching off.  Prob watch Cairo coverage til I fall asleep.  Crazy stuff!
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 8:04am On Feb 03, 2011
tpiah*:

Are you not oyinda?

if you are, that's why debosky is having issues with you, imo.

dayokanu:

She is not Oyinda, though they are similar in thought

Oyinda is from Osun and Isale gan2 is from Lagos

Didn't have a lot of time to peruse Ms. Oyinda's posts to get a feel for her. Ironically, she is the spitting image of an Haitian friend of mine. Dreads and all.

Okay, to the nitty-gritty. Just glanced 2 of her posts. First thing I notice: She writes, "please," in Yoruba as, "jor." I never ever ever never never never ever, even though I've seen a lot of NLers write it that way. I will write "jo" or most likely "joo." I do not understsand where the "r" comes from? Are we egun from Benin? tongue

Anyway, I'm sure she's a lovely upstanding sort. But we are not the same person, you paranoid people!

Good night! smiley
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by dayokanu(m): 8:08am On Feb 03, 2011
Why say goodnight when you are still coming to my bed?
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by debosky(m): 12:29pm On Feb 03, 2011
Nitori obinrin DK nor sleep till 3am? cheesy

PS - I didn't say isale was oyindan but all these strident denials sef. . . . makes the whole thing look fishy. grin
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by tpiah2: 12:33pm On Feb 03, 2011
fstranger Are you crabby?

trick question.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 4:25pm On Feb 03, 2011
Nigeria Abroad news: Update on deceased footballer Uche Okafor

Uche Okafor to be buried February 17

The burial ceremony of  late Super Eagles defender, Uche Okafor is scheduled to now hold February 17 at Umuabali, Ubomiri in Mbaitoli LGA of Imo State.

According to the spokesman of the family, Ugo Nwokoro, the new date was agreed to by members of the Okafor family.
In the meantime, friends of the murdered football star, have agreed to float a Diamond Bank Trust Fund for the family which the deceased left behind. Beneficiaries of the Fund include wife Ify and 15-year-old daughter, Tochukwu.

According to Nwokoro, Nigerians, desirous of supporting the Okafor family can do so through the Account name of  Tochukwu & Ify Okafor. Account number 0251060023442, Diamond Bank Plc, Adeola Odeku Street, Victoria Island.

Speaking on the burial plans, Nwokoro said clips of the high points of Uche Okafor’s career will be shown on a big screen, adding that all necessary logistics are being put in place for the ceremony.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/01/uche-okafor-to-be-buried-february-17/
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 4:49pm On Feb 03, 2011
Other Foreign news: Watched a lot of tv coverage on Egypt last night.  However, newspapers tend to do a better job of breaking it all down.  The article below is a must-read!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/04/world/middleeast/04egypt.html?_r=1&hp

Protesters Clash Again on Cairo’s Streets
By DAVID D. KIRKPATRICK and ALAN COWELL
Published: February 3, 2011
New York Times

CAIRO — The Egyptian government broadened its crackdown on Thursday to the international media and human rights workers, in an apparent effort to remove witnesses to the battle with anti-government protesters.

Armed supporters of President Hosni Mubarak attacked foreign journalists, punching them and smashing their equipment. Men who protesters said were plainclothes police officers shut down news media outlets that had been operating in buildings overlooking Tahrir Square.

An informal center set up by human rights workers in the square was seized, and a group of journalists was stopped in their car near the square by a gang of men with knives and briefly turned over to the military police, ostensibly for their protection. Two reporters working for The New York Times were released on Thursday after being detained overnight in Cairo.

The concerted effort to remove journalists lent a sense of foreboding to events in the square, where battles continued between the protesters and the Mubarak supporters, who human rights workers and protesters say are being paid and organized by the government. In the afternoon, the fighting spread beyond the square to the October 6th Bridge, which rises above the Egyptian Museum.

That followed a night of gunfire and a day of mayhem Wednesday that left at least five dead and more than 800 wounded in a battle for the Middle East’s most populous nation.

Sounding a highly unusual note of public contrition among Egypt’s elite, the newly appointed prime minister, Ahmed Shafiq, apologized on Thursday for the violence and vowed to investigate who had instigated it “I offer my apology for everything that happened yesterday because it’s neither logical nor rational,” he said.

A government spokesman, Magdy Rady, denied that the authorities had been involved in the violence. “To accuse the government of mobilizing this is a real fiction. That would defeat our object of restoring the calm,” Mr. Rady told Reuters. “We were surprised with all these actions.”

Officials in Mr. Mubarak’s National Democratic Party were at pains Thursday to absolve the president of any role in the violent crackdown Wednesday on the anti-government protesters. Speaking with one voice they blamed the violence on thugs hired by a group of rich businessmen eager to support the government.

But opposition leaders dismissed that explanation as a smoke screen, saying it was highly unlikely that anyone would take such a fateful action without the approval of the president himself.

The outcome of the widening unrest is pivotal in a region where uprising and unrest have spread from Tunisia to many other lands, including Jordan and Yemen, forcing their leaders into precipitate concessions to their suddenly vocal foes and stretching American diplomacy.

In Sana, the Yemeni capital, on Thursday, thousands of protesters assembled, some for and some against President Ali Abdullah Saleh. The demonstrations were peaceful, in marked contrast to the chaos that ruled in Cairo on Wednesday when Mr. Mubarak struck back at his opponents, unleashing waves of supporters armed with clubs, rocks, knives and firebombs in a concerted assault on thousands of antigovernment protesters in Tahrir Square. Calls for new protests in a number of Middle East countries were circulating on Twitter, including: Algeria, Feb. 12; Bahrain, Feb. 14; and Libya, Feb. 17.

In the clashes on Wednesday, the Egyptian military did nothing to intervene. But on Thursday for the first time, a thin line of soldiers backed by tanks and armored personnel carriers appeared to have taken up positions between the combatants and to be urging Mr. Mubarak’s supporters, numbering in the hundreds, to avoid confrontation.

For their part, several thousand antigovernment protesters, far fewer than in previous days, called for peaceful protest. “An Egyptian will not attack another,” some chanted from behind makeshift barricades thrown up to seal access to the square. “No bloodshed.”

When one man shouted an insult at a Mubarak supporter around 100 yards away, another, Mahmoud Haqiqi, told him: “Don’t say that. Stay quiet. Tell them we are here for their sake.”

After hours of bloody clashes starting on Wednesday with rocks, iron bars and petrol bombs into the night, the confrontation seemed to escalate early Thursday morning when the staccato rattle of automatic gunfire rang out over Cairo.

It was unclear whether the shots came from the pro-government demonstrators or from the military forces stationed in the square.

Two people were killed by the gunfire and 45 people were wounded, said a doctor at a nearby emergency clinic set up by the antigovernment demonstrators. After the initial volleys, soldiers fired into the air, temporarily scattering most of the people in the square.

More than 150 people have died in the uprising, human rights groups say.

By midmorning on Thursday, as the protesters’ numbers again began to swell, the antigovernment side held its ground in Tahrir, or Liberation, Square — the focus of the clashes — milling around and chanting slogans on the 10th day of the campaign to oust Mr. Mubarak.

Volunteers arrived carrying water, yogurt, bananas and medical supplies for the makeshift clinics that sprung up to tend the wounded. In the absence of any municipal services or authority, others tried to sweep the square of debris, using brooms, shovels and sheets of cardboard.

Cont.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 4:57pm On Feb 03, 2011
Cont.

Protesters Clash Again on Cairo’s Streets

The violence on Wednesday and Thursday seemed to have hardened the protesters’ demands, going far beyond the ouster of Mr. Mubarak. “The people want the execution of the president,” some chanted. “Mubarak is a war criminal.”

Some low-level clashes continued, but nothing on the scale of the volleys of rocks and Molotov cocktails of the earlier fighting.

Early Thursday, the square was littered with rocks and makeshift barricades, with smoke drifting overhead. Troops guarded the Egyptian Museum, Cairo’s great storehouse of priceless antiquities dating to the time of the Pharaohs and a huge emblem of national pride.

As the fear of further clashes gripped Cairo, foreigners, including many Americans, continued their exodus.

In a statement, the American Embassy, which has ordered the compulsory evacuation of some diplomats and their families, said that more than 1,900 American citizens had been flown out of Egypt since Monday and more would leave on Thursday.

There was no indication that the antigovernment side was in a mood for retreat. On Thursday, the outlawed Muslim Brotherhood — the biggest organized opposition group — again rejected a government offer to negotiate once the protesters had left Tahrir Square.

Essam el-Erian, a senior leader of the Islamist organization, told Reuters the movement was calling for the removal of “the regime, not the state.”

“This regime’s legitimacy is finished, with its president, with his deputy, its ministers, its party, its Parliament. We said this clearly. We refuse to negotiate with it because it has lost its legitimacy,” he said.

Only two days after the military pledged not to fire on protesters, it was unclear where the army stood. Many protesters contended that Mr. Mubarak was provoking a confrontation in order to prompt a military crackdown.

Mohamed ElBaradei, who was designated to negotiate with the government on behalf of the opposition, demanded on Wednesday that the army move in and protect the protesters. The deployment of plainclothes forces paid by Mr. Mubarak’s ruling party — men known here as baltageya — has been a hallmark of the Mubarak government, and there were many signs that the violence was carefully choreographed.

The preparations for a confrontation began Wednesday morning, a day after Mr. Mubarak pledged to step down in September while insisting that he would die on Egyptian soil. The president’s supporters waved flags as though they were headed to a protest, but armed themselves as though they were itching for a fight. Several wore hard hats; one had a meat cleaver, and two others grabbed the raw materials to make firebombs from their car.

Some of the Mubarak supporters arrived in buses. When they spoke with one another, they referred to the antigovernment protesters as foreigners or traitors, and to Mr. Mubarak as Egypt’s “father.”

The anti-Mubarak demonstrators had organized themselves to try to avoid violence. Men held hands in long chains to keep the two groups apart. Others, with effusive apologies, searched those entering the square for weapons. Some stepped in with whistles to break up arguments that had started to grow heated.

Several people interviewed independently said that ruling party operatives had offered them 50 Egyptian pounds, less than $10, if they agreed to demonstrate in the square on Mr. Mubarak’s behalf. “Fifty pounds for my country!” said Yasmina Salah, 29.

Then, suddenly, at exactly 2:15 p.m., arguments between pro- and anti-Mubarak demonstrators around the square turned into shoving matches.

“We don’t know who is with us and who is against us now — we are lost,” said Abdel Raouf Mohamed, 37, before he was interrupted by a burly young man who shouted: “I love Mubarak! I need Mubarak!”

Seven minutes later, Reda Sadak, 45, said, “In 10 minutes, there will be a big fight here — it is an old game, the oldest game in the regime.”

In fact, before he finished speaking, rocks and sticks began to fly from the pro-Mubarak forces into the crowd of anti-Mubarak demonstrators.

Even then, many tried to avoid retaliation. A line of a half-dozen unarmed men stood quietly, waving their hands in the air while the pro-Mubarak forces rained rocks down on them.

At 2:50 p.m., as hundreds of rocks flew past the Egyptian Museum, two tanks started up. Anti-Mubarak protesters who had been standing on them jumped off and the crowd cheered with delight. “The people and the army are one hand!” they chanted.

The tanks rolled to create a barricade between the opposing groups, and for a while the soldiers encouraged both sides to calm down. But then the soldiers seemed to retreat, and soon the anti-Mubarak forces began hauling scraps of metal to build a barricade around one tank.

A soldier on top of another tank fired live ammunition into the air to push back a surging group of pro-Mubarak protesters. A couple of men jumped up on the tank and started to kiss his feet, and for a moment the soldier, weapon in hand, began to cry.

A higher-ranking officer climbed up, and the anti-Mubarak protesters begged him to protect them. “But aren’t they Egyptian?” the officer replied. “You want me to fire at Egyptians?”

And for the rest of the day the soldiers did nothing, telling anti-Mubarak protesters who begged them to engage that they “had no orders.”

Then, about 3:15 p.m., the battle was joined. Abandoning any attempt to avoid violence, thousands of anti-Mubarak protesters used scraps of steel to rip up the pavement into pieces, carrying them in milk crates and scarves to hurl back at their attackers.

“They want to take the revolution from us,” said Mohamed Gamil, a 30-year-old dentist in the crowd of antigovernment protesters. “We are ready to die for the revolution.”

Pro-government demonstrators chanted, “With our blood, with our souls, we sacrifice for you, oh Mubarak.” Eighteen charged their foes on horseback and two on camels.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/04/world/middleeast/04egypt.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&hp
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by Kilode1: 5:03pm On Feb 03, 2011
isale_gan2:

First thing I notice: She writes, "please," in Yoruba as, "jor."  I never ever ever never never never ever, even though I've seen a lot of NLers write it that way.  I will write "jo" or most likely "joo."  I do not understsand where the "r" comes from?  Are we egun from Benin?  tongue

I'm glad you noticed that "jo" vs "jor" business on NL. Observant! +1.

If I had any doubts about your Ijinle Yoruba abilities, it's hereby removed.

Although I kinda suspect folks got that spelling from Nigerian pidgin English or from my Mid-west people, I've always wondered about it's popular usage on NL.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by tpia5: 6:29pm On Feb 03, 2011
jor is fancier than jo.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by Kilode1: 7:53pm On Feb 03, 2011
^ that could also be the reason.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by Jenifa1: 1:05am On Feb 04, 2011
isale_gan2:

Katsumoto  -  I did nothing; he's just playing
OAMJ - He's a tard  grin; he's just playing
DayoKanu - We've been thru this; he's a troublemaker  smiley
Buzegee - He's my buddy
SEFAGO - How could you?  angry

so, what about Kilode?!
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 1:06am On Feb 04, 2011
^^^^

What do you care omo Latvia?

Oga Kilode? seems like a decent person
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 2:08am On Feb 04, 2011
Jenifa_:

so, what about Kilode?!

Who're you stalking? Me or FStranger? tongue
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by Jenifa1: 2:09am On Feb 04, 2011
i'm stalking you.
fstanger is stalking me.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 2:11am On Feb 04, 2011
Jenifa_:

i'm stalking you.
fstanger is stalking me.
So you love getting licked rather than getting sticked?
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by Jenifa1: 2:13am On Feb 04, 2011
do I need urban dictionary?
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 2:15am On Feb 04, 2011
Jenifa_:

do I need urban dictionary?

No, you just need to get off NL and leave us the phucc alone.
Go here:

http://www.latviansluts.com/jenifa/pimpmama
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by Jenifa1: 2:18am On Feb 04, 2011
i created that website. for viewers like you.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by Nobody: 2:18am On Feb 04, 2011
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by Jenifa1: 2:19am On Feb 04, 2011
tpiah!:

jenifa, what's the deal with you and kilode.

lol. just wanted to know who his secret admirer is. you know I asked isale gan the question.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 2:19am On Feb 04, 2011
tpiah!:

jenifa, what's the deal with you and kilode.

She loves him, but too shy to make her feelings known.

Typical puccy
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by Jenifa1: 2:21am On Feb 04, 2011
well, of course he is my love. and i demand to know who the isale gan secret admirer is!! angry
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 2:22am On Feb 04, 2011
Kilode?!:

I'm glad you noticed that "jo" vs "jor" business on NL. Observant! +1.

If I had any doubts about your Ijinle Yoruba abilities, it's hereby removed.

Although I kinda suspect folks got that spelling from Nigerian pidgin English or from my Mid-west people, I've always wondered about it's popular usage on NL.

I think you're right. But, hey, kids today!  They want to come up with their own language. . . .?  :::shrug:::  smiley

tpia@:

jor is fancier than jo.

Hey, Tpia,
What's Australia like?  Do you like it?  Do you run into Nigerians in the supermarket or do you have to seek them out?  Can I come visit you?  Give us some Nigeria abroad view from Convictsland Aussieland.  cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (101)

This Was Killed In My Compound Tonight (pics) / Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) / How To Check If Your Sim Is Registered: Mtn; Glo; Etisalat; Airtel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.