Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad - Nairaland / General (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad (105581 Views)

I Now Have One Hundred TRILLION Dollars, So I Am A Celebrity (with Full Proof) / If You Are Asked Not To Talk For A Year And Get 1 Million Dollar? / Nairaland So Addictive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by dayokanu(m): 3:31am On Jan 28, 2011
fstranger1:

Topsy baby

Whats going on?

Terrorists in Invercagill? Thats serious mehn

Olorun a ma fi iso e so wa oooo

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I think I need Magun right now.

O fe ma koja aye e. Oko ki je ti baba tomo ko ma ni aala.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by tpia6: 4:32am On Jan 28, 2011
let's return the thread to the owner.

buzugee sef wey be part-owner, don vex comot.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by Jenifa1: 4:49am On Jan 28, 2011

Hey Jenifa, great pic! what country is she from?

I don't think there's anything or any creature on earth that is more beautiful than a bright eyed Black African girl.

She's nigerian. hausa to be exact.
she's not related to me in any way. I just saw the pic and thought it was beautiful

To be honest, the girl in the profile looks like a number of girls in my extended family. Different look for me - people don't know if I'm Yoruba or Igbo -facially. Kind of in-between.

lol.
maybe you look hausa? tongue
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 4:52am On Jan 28, 2011
Jenifa_:

she's not related to me in any way. I just saw the pic and thought it was beautiful

lol.

Ofcourse, remember you are non-Nigerian!
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by Jenifa1: 4:52am On Jan 28, 2011
^ yes of course smiley i'm Latvian. I keep forgetting
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 4:56am On Jan 28, 2011
Jenifa_:

^ yes of course smiley i'm Latvian. I keep forgetting

Please dont let it happen again ok

Omo latvia sup?

Hoez your Bf doing?

Does he like you? No?

Howz your sister? say hi to her for me,ok.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by Jenifa1: 5:10am On Jan 28, 2011
are you still interested?
she wants to see ur pic
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 8:07am On Jan 28, 2011
Jenifa_:

lol.

No, I don't. Not dark enough. I don't look like the girl in the pic. Thought I said that. We've got our wires crossed today. lol
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 8:11am On Jan 28, 2011
tpia*:

buzugee sef wey be part-owner, don vex comot.

We don't want Buzugee here.  See 1st page. He'll just come in and go on about "angry unmarried Naija women abroad."  Bite your tongue.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by tpia6: 12:40pm On Jan 28, 2011
i dont know what his problem is with women sha.

some of these people go overboard with their negativity.

not a good attitude at all.

i've had a few conversations with him when he was sober, and he seemed ok although maybe i happened to catch him at a good rare moment.

he shocked me later cos i had no idea. undecided
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 2:11pm On Jan 28, 2011
Isale,

Any abroad update today?

found this lagbaja video on youtube:

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8wCLl35FBY?fs=1&hl=en_US
[/flash]
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 12:24am On Jan 29, 2011
I'm not posting anymore.  I'm mad at all of y'all (except Oga Kilode smiley ).  Am trying to kill the thread.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 12:26am On Jan 29, 2011
^^^

What did we do?
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by Jenifa1: 1:11am On Jan 29, 2011
isale_gan2:

I'm not posting anymore.  I'm mad at all of y'all (except Oga Kilode smiley ).  Am trying to kill the thread.

lol. bye tongue
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 3:29am On Jan 29, 2011
Isale.

Why are you mad at us all

Talk to me

A problem shared is a problem 0.1% solved
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by buzugee(m): 4:53pm On Jan 29, 2011
wow i came late to the party cry. yall still partying ?
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by buzugee(m): 5:01pm On Jan 29, 2011
dang. why yall aint invite me to this here party ? angry
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 6:50pm On Jan 29, 2011
fstranger1:

Isale.

Why are you mad at us all

Talk to me

A problem shared is a problem 0.1% solved

What do you think? Should I keep the thread going? Dunno. Lukewarm.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 6:55pm On Jan 29, 2011
It looks really great

Sorta like a lounge where nothing is off-limit.

I can see the potential in this thread becoming prolly the best thing to ever happen to Nairaland

Remember the adage: "from play play, truth inevitably comes out"

So what did we all do to annoy you?
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by tpia6: 7:20pm On Jan 29, 2011
Proposed Arizona law targets "birthright" citizenship

Arizona Republicans introduced legislation on Thursday seeking to challenge the right to U.S. citizenship for children born in the state whose parents are illegal immigrants or other non-citizens.

The move by state legislators came the same day the sheriff for Phoenix and surrounding areas sent a force of 200 deputies and citizen volunteers on an immigration sweep, an action the controversial lawman has undertaken periodically since 2008.

Republicans introduced bills in the Arizona legislature that aim to provoke a legal review of the 14th amendment to the Constitution, which anchors citizenship rights for the children of immigrants.

The 14th Amendment guarantees citizenship to "all persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof."

It was adopted in 1868 after the U.S. Civil War to ensure citizenship for former African-American slaves.

The aim is "to trigger ,  a Supreme Court review of the phrase 'subject to the jurisdiction thereof' in the 14th amendment," said Rep. John Kavanagh, one on the backers of the legislation.

It ultimately seeks "to deny citizenship to any child born of parents who are not citizens of the United States, be they illegal aliens, or foreigners on business or for tourist purposes," he added.

A total of four proposals were introduced, two in the state House of Representatives and two in the Senate, where Republicans have a majority.

Kavanagh said the legislation would likely come to a vote in several weeks, after legislators vote on the cash-strapped border state's budget.

SHERIFF'S SWEEP

In Phoenix, Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio on Thursday kicked off a sweep to crack down on illegal immigration.

Aside from his deputies, Arpaio also relied on volunteer members of a newly formed Illegal Immigration Enforcement Posse, who took to the streets in a two-day countywide operation targeting drop houses, drug activity and human smuggling, said sheriff's spokesman Sergeant Jesse Spurgin.

Action flick star Steven Seagal is a member of the sheriff's posse, and he took part in the operation, Spurgin said. Twenty-two suspected illegal immigrants had been arrested by late Thursday, he said.

The legislation Arizona lawmakers introduced on Thursday is part of a coordinated drive by Republican legislators in several U.S. states that seeks to deny birthright citizenship to the children of illegal immigrants.

The National Conference of State Legislatures said Arizona is the sixth state this year to introduce legislation relating to birth records or birth certificates and the foreign born.

The current drive follows the desert state's tough immigration crackdown last year that required police to quiz those they suspected were in the country illegally about their immigration status. Key parts of the state law were blocked by a federal judge before they came into effect.

Arizona has appealed the ruling.

Also on Thursday, a citizens' group took out petitions to recall Arizona Senate President Russell Pearce, a high-profile Republican behind bills aimed at illegal immigrants.

Halina Reed, treasurer for Arizonans for Better Government, said the group opposes those bills. The petition needs to collect 7,756 signatures by May 27 to qualify for the ballot.

State Democrats slammed their Republican colleagues' latest proposal as a waste of "taxpayers' time and money" that would tie the state up in further costly litigation.

"Instead of focusing on jobs, the economy and a strong future for Arizona, (the backers of the law) want to get Arizona involved in another losing lawsuit," state Sen. Kyrsten Sinema said in a statement.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_immigration_arizona
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 7:22pm On Jan 29, 2011
fstranger1:

It looks really great

Sorta like a lounge where nothing is off-limit.

I can see the potential in this thread becoming prolly the best thing to ever happen to Nairaland

Remember the adage: "from play play, truth inevitably comes out"

So what did we all do to annoy you?

It's old news. 

cheesy Feel free to point and laugh at old fart Buzugee who could not traverse NL to locate a thread bearing his name; a thread in the same section where he himself has an active thread; one in which he had previously posted; one whose link was for days prominently displayed in another thread in which he was posting on a daily basis!  Poor Badagry! cheesy

buzugee:

wow i came late to the party cry. yall still partying ?

dang. why yall aint invite me to this here party ? angry
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 7:32pm On Jan 29, 2011
Stranger, you have a medical background, right?  Just got news that a brother from Guinea, father of 4, living here in SE USA, was diagnosed with stomach cancer and is in hospital getting blood transfusion and his first dose of chemotherapy shortly after.  Stomach cancer, that's one of the worst ones, right?  High fatality, right?  He had lost a lot of weight but they didn't know what he had until a week ago, and had previously been medicating him with very powerful high blood pressure medicine (and I think anti-biotics was added to that) before he was rushed to the hospital a 2nd/3rd time. What do you know? [s]I can open a thread about Africans abroad health issues, if you want.[/s]
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 9:09pm On Jan 29, 2011
I'm outraged by this, so I have to update it here, of course.

The original thread is here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-594719.0.html

It's about a Naija lawyer in NY who was left for dead by a lifelong criminal who wanted to steal his expensive BMW.  The suspect is still at large.  The car crashed and the victim was discovered because the stolen car collided with a taxi.  How fortuitous would it be if the cabbie happened to be another Naija?  He would would have saved his brother's life. 

Car thief led cops on chase with man in boot
A BMW-obsessed thief is on the run in New York after dodging arrest on Long Island as he drove around with the ar's mutilated owner in the trunk.

Barion Blake, 30, was pursued midweek by police but escaped when the officers' cruiser flipped over on a snowy highway, authorities said on Friday.

The ex-con, whose record includes three BMW thefts, resurfaced around six hours later in upper Manhattan on Wednesday morning when he crashed into a cab. He fled on foot before police showed up and is still missing.

His victim, 33-year-old Akeem Ajimotokan, was on a respirator at Harlem Hospital after being found tied up and unconscious with a broken neck and his ear nearly hacked off in the trunk of his M3.

Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said a Nassau cop approached the 2008 BMW at 3am, when it was stopped on the side of Jericho Turnpike.

As the officer approached, "Blake jumps in the car, they take off. They go westbound [toward Queens] on Jericho Turnpike," Commissioner Kelly said.

With the officer in hot pursuit, Mr Blake steered the BMW south on the Cross Island Parkway.

"In the snow, on the roadway, the police car overturns," the Commissioner said.

At 9am, Mr Blake himself became a victim of the weather. He skidded the BMW on some ice and rear-ended a cab near 10th Avenue and Dyckman Street.

The BMW was found to have stolen plates that came back to a Toyota in Corona, Queens.

Mr Ajimotokan, who has no local family, was in a serious condition, but high-school friend Okwui Olewunne said, "He is doing much better."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad/car-thief-led-cops-on-chase-with-mutilated-man-in-boot/story-fn6s850w-1225996821981
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 1:57am On Jan 30, 2011
Stranger,
Answer my question about stomach cancer or I won't believe you so much as took Biology. What's wrong with you today? Are you pissed because I said I was mad at y'all? Am gonna go make my dinner. By the time I return, there better be answers or else . . .
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by tpia6: 3:23am On Jan 30, 2011
he or she is busy fighting in romance section.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 3:38am On Jan 30, 2011
tpia*:

he or she is busy fighting in romance section.

I'm sure he's a "He."  You sense he's not? 
And he likes to fight, so no surprise there.

BTW, there are more fights in that section than anywhere else. Not terribly romantic. At least the fights in Politics usually start off over an issues and ideas.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by tpia6: 3:40am On Jan 30, 2011
i dont know jare.

on nl, there are nigerians saying they're some other race or country and vice versa, males pretending to be females, females pretending they're male, etc etc.

anyway, yes, s/he is in romance fighting some battle.

nothing unusual about that, quite right.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 3:45am On Jan 30, 2011
What's the matter, Tpia?  You're bringing me down, girl.  And I wssn't too far up to begin with.  smiley

Well, you've been on the site longer, so, you'd know.  But, I'm not worried about Stranger. 

Anyway, I think I'll give the Sports section a try one of these days.  Used to post on 2 soccer forums before joining here.  Might like it.

I'm gonna checkup on the Naija lawyer found in a car trunk.  Wanna see if they found the evil bastardo that tried to kill him.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by tpia6: 4:10am On Jan 30, 2011
What's the matter, Tpia?  You're bringing me down, girl.  And I wssn't too far up to begin with. 

i thought it was common knowledge.

Well, you've been on the site longer, so, you'd know.  But, I'm not worried about Stranger. 

i just watch him, that's all. I find his persona interesting.

Anyway, I think I'll give the Sports section a try one of these days.  Used to post on 2 soccer forums before joining here.  Might like it.

the people there seem to be enjoying themselves for the most part, so who knows- you might too.

i dont go there, which is a plus. cheesy

they somehow cuss each other out a lot though, in jest, i assume.

I'm gonna checkup on the Naija lawyer found in a car trunk.  Wanna see if they found the evil bastardo that tried to kill him.

just cold.

may God have mercy.

smh @ what to do about the less priviledged who can destroy what took years to build, in one fell swoop.

gbogbo e ye olorun sha. undecided

somehow, all is plain to God.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 4:12am On Jan 30, 2011
Checked up on our brother, Akeem A.  He's still on a ventilator - in a coma.  And the evil bastardo that did it has not been apprehended.  

Don't wanna jinx nothing, but this hoodlum could be in bigger trouble than he ever dreamed.  And just like a true punk, he goes crying to his wife, holds a gun to his head but was too chicken-s#*t to pull the trigger.  Typical coward.  No problem trying to snuff out the life of an innocent man, but too gutless to administer punishment to himself when the time comes.

Also, the site I checked has comments, including a really silly comment from a reader about Akeem* removing the license plate, and why would he do that?  Well, am not sure about all that.  But, (my state's) Dept of Transportation and DMV rules and regulations really admonish you about leaving your license plate on a car you sold.  You always remove it, because if the buyer goes and commits a crime, they will trace the registration of the car back to you, and you'd have to go through a lot of crap before getting yourself off the suspects list.

http://gothamist.com/2011/01/29/bmw_victim_in_critical_condition.php
Akeem Ajimotokan, the 33-year-old man who was found beaten, his ear nearly sliced off, and stuffed in the back of his own BMW, is still in critical condition today. According to NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly, he is in a coma and breathing with the aid of a ventilator; his family members flew into NYC yesterday to see Ajimotokan, a lawyer who works at Columbia University.

*Shoot.  I just remember, I used to have a crush on a boy named Akeem in my secondary school.  Or maybe it was him that had the crush.  OMG, he told everyone in our form that we were gonna be married.  hahahahaha.  OMG.  Totally innocent.  Great great kid.  Akeem, where the heck are ya?  Hehehehe.  School sucked though.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by tpia6: 4:17am On Jan 30, 2011
the guy who attacked him was spotted by police exchanging license plates with another guy.

a police chase resulted, but the police car overturned in the snow and the officer had to be taken to the hospital.

6 hours later, the attacker rear ended a cab on a snowy street, abandons the car, and takes off on foot.

the cab driver calls the police, who then discover bullet holes in the body of the car, and akeem seriously injured in the trunk.

lord please have mercy.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 4:23am On Jan 30, 2011
You know he meant to kill him, right?  He left him for dead.  He never imagined he wouldn't have a chance to go dispose of his body somewhere.

Akeem is still in a coma. If he wakes up, I can't imagine. . .  A broken neck, punctured lung, severed ear (which can be reattached) and who knows what else.

His brother and sister-in-law should have seen him by now, but we don't have any news released about that yet.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (101)

This Was Killed In My Compound Tonight (pics) / Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) / How To Check If Your Sim Is Registered: Mtn; Glo; Etisalat; Airtel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.