Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,617 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Breastfeeding In Public: My Experience In A Public Vehicle - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Breastfeeding In Public: My Experience In A Public Vehicle (3229 Views)

I Came Home And Found My Sister Breastfeeding My Son — I Called The Cops / Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong? / Husbands Should Abstain From Breastfeeding Wives For 6 Months - Medical DG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breastfeeding In Public: My Experience In A Public Vehicle by lalasticlala(m): 2:43pm On Jun 10, 2020
Sometime ago, I was inside a bus when a young lady's baby was crying nonstop. The lady, who was about 25, tried to stop her baby from crying all to no avail. She gave the baby water, after drinking, the baby continued to cry!!

Some people in the bus started shouting and abusing her: "can't you see that your baby wants to suck breast?"

The young mum refused to bring out her breast to breastfeed her child in a public bus.

Some of the men and women started abusing her for not breastfeeding the crying baby. The baby cried till the lady alighted.

While some women are comfortable breastfeeding in public, some others are not.

Should the lady be blamed for refusing to breastfeed her baby in public?

What do you think?

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Breastfeeding In Public: My Experience In A Public Vehicle by tillaman(m): 2:46pm On Jun 10, 2020
My wife no go fit comot boobi for public ooo grin
Some men fit use their korokoro eye comot boobi inside bra
I really don’t like the idea of a woman whipping out her boobs in public places, except if she’s in the midst of women sha, my pikin sef go get prestige e no go wan suck brezzz for public na,
Las las na pacifier E go suck abeg

6 Likes

Re: Breastfeeding In Public: My Experience In A Public Vehicle by Ecbatana: 2:49pm On Jun 10, 2020
It is man's nature...

1 Like

Re: Breastfeeding In Public: My Experience In A Public Vehicle by Tominix(m): 2:49pm On Jun 10, 2020
in a sane country it is okay, bt not in a backward economy where perverts are waiting for an opportunity to see booby

3 Likes

Re: Breastfeeding In Public: My Experience In A Public Vehicle by Lorazepam(f): 2:53pm On Jun 10, 2020
One can breastfeed a baby publicly without exposing the whole breast anyhow. Women not comfortable with doing such can make use of a breast pump, so there can always be breast milk available in a bottle.

1 Like

Re: Breastfeeding In Public: My Experience In A Public Vehicle by daddytime(m): 2:54pm On Jun 10, 2020
Voyeuristic passengers.

I know say na your voice go loud pass lalasticlala

If to say I dey the bus, I for tell lala to help me hold her hand, remove the Bobby, put am for the real owner mouth.

Nonsense and kelegbe

2 Likes

Re: Breastfeeding In Public: My Experience In A Public Vehicle by DontBullshitMe: 2:59pm On Jun 10, 2020
As long as the breast isn't sagging, feel free to breastfeed in public.

Sagging breasts is an eyesore.
Re: Breastfeeding In Public: My Experience In A Public Vehicle by Jhenny(f): 3:03pm On Jun 10, 2020
There is nothing wrong with breastfeeding in public as long as the breast is properly covered. The problem I have is exposing all the breast for all to see all in the name of breastfeeding. Cover it well if u want to

1 Like

Re: Breastfeeding In Public: My Experience In A Public Vehicle by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 10, 2020
Mad applause to the woman for not giving in to pressure. Although it would have been wise to have brought a feeding bottle along.

4 Likes

Re: Breastfeeding In Public: My Experience In A Public Vehicle by Ishilove: 3:12pm On Jun 10, 2020
I don't blame her. It will be hard for someone like me wey gather well to whip it out in public, crying baby or not.

10 Likes

Re: Breastfeeding In Public: My Experience In A Public Vehicle by Filmewell(f): 3:12pm On Jun 10, 2020
The fact is nobody knows her reasons. She be HIV positive or other things contradicting breastfeeding.

15 Likes

Re: Breastfeeding In Public: My Experience In A Public Vehicle by Donald3d(m): 3:14pm On Jun 10, 2020
grin
No. She shouldn't be forced. Not everyone is comfortable revealing their bosom in public.

If you are the kind of mother who is shy to breastfeed in public, have some milk in a large feeding bottle, and place it in a flask with warm water, to keep it warm . If your baby is a "premium baby" grin , have two bottles. This should solve the problem .

I know some people might suggest the body cover , but its very uncomfortable. Imagine a baby under that thing in a hot danfo bus...Even in an air-conditioned car, its still not comfortable.

7 Likes

Re: Breastfeeding In Public: My Experience In A Public Vehicle by Donald3d(m): 3:21pm On Jun 10, 2020
Ishilove:
I don't blame her. It will be hard for someone like me wey gather well to whip it out in public, crying baby or not.

grin Children no send you ooo, e no consign dem grin grin grin
Re: Breastfeeding In Public: My Experience In A Public Vehicle by Dpsychologist: 3:29pm On Jun 10, 2020
Thats a choice. Breast feeding in a public area is a normal thing.
Women breadfeed their baby in church, market, bus etc. During my IT in pediatric department. I was the one trying to close my eyes, the women are not shy.
Re: Breastfeeding In Public: My Experience In A Public Vehicle by Ishilove: 3:30pm On Jun 10, 2020
Donald3d:

grin Children no send you ooo, e no consign dem grin grin grin
Which is why I said crying baby or not, bringing out the breast for public eye go hard me. If pikin like make e cry grin
Re: Breastfeeding In Public: My Experience In A Public Vehicle by Unnerve: 3:32pm On Jun 10, 2020
There comes a point in a nursing mother's life when she has to learn how to suckle her infant in public. She just gotta learn how to do it if she'll be spending a lot of time in public places.

As for those passengers, they ought to learn how to be civil and not make references to a woman's breast right to her face like that. Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Breastfeeding In Public: My Experience In A Public Vehicle by Tominix(m): 3:34pm On Jun 10, 2020
Ishilove:

Which is why I said crying baby or not, bringing out the breast for public eye go hard me. If pikin like make e cry grin
When them force it out
Re: Breastfeeding In Public: My Experience In A Public Vehicle by Tominix(m): 3:36pm On Jun 10, 2020
Lala talking asif he is innocent "muruve am, make i se. . Abi make he suck "

1 Like

Re: Breastfeeding In Public: My Experience In A Public Vehicle by Donald3d(m): 3:36pm On Jun 10, 2020
Ishilove:

grin grin
Re: Breastfeeding In Public: My Experience In A Public Vehicle by Omoluabi16(m): 3:36pm On Jun 10, 2020
Ishilove:

If you really love your kids you bring them out. Don't be so heartless and wicked.. don't shut your ears and heart to the pain of an innocent child. BRING IT OUT.
Re: Breastfeeding In Public: My Experience In A Public Vehicle by Dpsychologist: 3:36pm On Jun 10, 2020
Ishilove:

I have seen a baby that forced his mom breast out cheesy
Re: Breastfeeding In Public: My Experience In A Public Vehicle by lalasticlala(m): 3:42pm On Jun 10, 2020
daddytime:
Voyeuristic passengers.

I know say na your voice go loud pass lalasticlala

grin I was minding my business o

1 Like 6 Shares

Re: Breastfeeding In Public: My Experience In A Public Vehicle by ibkayee(f): 3:44pm On Jun 10, 2020
I’m sure attending to her baby was her top priority and if she could help the situation, she would much rather be somewhere she felt more comfortable feeding him/her, fact remains that some people just aren't comfortable doing it, whether it's down to self-consciousness and/or the fact that the country has a huge problem with perverts and rapists

3 Likes

Re: Breastfeeding In Public: My Experience In A Public Vehicle by Ishilove: 3:46pm On Jun 10, 2020
Dpsychologist:

Must be pretty strong for a baby. For the love of breast_ grin grin grin
Re: Breastfeeding In Public: My Experience In A Public Vehicle by Ajibade123(m): 3:47pm On Jun 10, 2020
Real Niggar Association
why should she be scared nursing mother breast don't even attract men.

The best investment you can ever make is in real
estate properties....be a landlord today at Amen
Estate Properties Ibeju Lekki...check my signature
for more info
Re: Breastfeeding In Public: My Experience In A Public Vehicle by DontBullshitMe: 3:48pm On Jun 10, 2020
Ishilove:

If it is an eyesore then commot your eyes. The same sagging breasts breastfed you when you were still a sniveling, mucus dripping baby so shut your pie hole.
Okay.
Re: Breastfeeding In Public: My Experience In A Public Vehicle by Ishilove: 3:48pm On Jun 10, 2020
Omoluabi16:
If you really love your kids you bring them out. Don't be so heartless and wicked.. don't shut your ears and heart to the pain of an innocent child. BRING IT OUT.
I will rather squeeze the milk into a bottle and lug it around than bring out my large endowments for public viewing. I am a very shy porson
Re: Breastfeeding In Public: My Experience In A Public Vehicle by Ishilove: 3:50pm On Jun 10, 2020
Ajibade123:
why should she be scared nursing mother breast don't even attract men.
That is incorrect. Some men get turned on by lactating mothers. It's like a kind of kink for them
Re: Breastfeeding In Public: My Experience In A Public Vehicle by Ishilove: 3:51pm On Jun 10, 2020
Tominix:
When them force it out
Na there problem go dey. I'd probably wean them before they are strong enough to tear my bra off

1 Like

Re: Breastfeeding In Public: My Experience In A Public Vehicle by Tominix(m): 3:55pm On Jun 10, 2020
Ishilove:

Na there problem go dey. I'd probably wean them before they are strong enough to tear my bra off
I once saw a baby do it chai i was like . , . . . Mu. . .mu. . .scle
Re: Breastfeeding In Public: My Experience In A Public Vehicle by Donald3d(m): 3:57pm On Jun 10, 2020
Dpsychologist:

That one na bash ali descendant grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sex-starved Malam Wants Divorce! / Meet The Fastest Kid In The World / Menstrual Pain Symptoms But....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.