Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,134 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

What Is The Penalty Given To A Man Who Didn't Pay Lady's Dowry Before She Died? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Penalty Given To A Man Who Didn't Pay Lady's Dowry Before She Died? (35816 Views)

Nigerian Lady Who Declared Mum Missing 4 Days Ago Finds Out She Died In Accident / US Woman Reunites With Daughter 70 Years After She Was Told She Died In Labour / Women Who Didn't Marry As Virgin Should Return To Their Parent's House -Man Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Penalty Given To A Man Who Didn't Pay Lady's Dowry Before She Died? by mukthar2000(m): 5:19pm On Jun 11, 2020
Even one of her brothers has met me in different occasions
asking when I will see the family but I told him, due to my
Assignment and duty location once I settle down I will do that unfailingly.

sorry for the lost bro, may her soul rest in peace.
But imargin ur excuses,when u are suppose to do the right thing to make her has respect and feel happy in front of her families, u are just too very lucky that u have very good in law, but my own advice to u is that u should always make her mother and her new baby very happy all the time and don't distance yourself from the families due to that ur same assignment and duty that make u depraved her from her right.
Becos I have someone that has exactly the same case like this and I witness the consequence that befall the guy b4 the kick the pocket.
Re: What Is The Penalty Given To A Man Who Didn't Pay Lady's Dowry Before She Died? by vickydevoka(m): 6:30pm On Jun 11, 2020
boxer022:
I will say that you are indeed very lucky, that you have good in laws. What you did was very risky and not advisable for any man to try such a thing. Since you had the intention of making her your wife, why did you not go to your family to inform them on your decision and they accompany you to her family. At least even though you were not financially ready, you would have done even though it is introduction. After which you try your best to get money to pay at least part of her bride price, promising to complete it soonest. Back to your question, the punishment is paying for her bride price, it may be double, fulfilling all marital rights and also marry her.
He must be a northerner
Re: What Is The Penalty Given To A Man Who Didn't Pay Lady's Dowry Before She Died? by vickydevoka(m): 6:32pm On Jun 11, 2020
Chamber2000:
Shut up. No part of Igboland will ask for a conjugal bliss with the corpse.

You are rather expected to pay twice the amount for marriage rites so that others can learn lessons about the importance of doing proper marital rites with a lady instead of living together as unmarried couples
One naira I no go pay. N nothing go happen. I trust my nigger dat year way encounter same problem. Hu go beat u
Re: What Is The Penalty Given To A Man Who Didn't Pay Lady's Dowry Before She Died? by vickydevoka(m): 6:32pm On Jun 11, 2020
Chamber2000:

You are rather expected to pay twice the amount for marriage rites so that others can learn lessons about the importance of doing proper marital rites with a lady instead of living together as unmarried couples
One naira I no go pay. N nothing go happen. I trust my nigger dat year way encounter same problem. Hu go beat u. De treat is usually done wen a child is involve
Re: What Is The Penalty Given To A Man Who Didn't Pay Lady's Dowry Before She Died? by bignero: 7:10pm On Jun 11, 2020
2buffagain:
I would advise you not to allow ignorant village people make you do something you do not understand.

If Jesus says "let the dead bury the dead", who do you think he would say should marry the dead?

Why are you contemplating the idea of becoming one with the dead?

Even marriage is a matter of till death do us part. No body marries anybody into afterlife.

Tell whoever brings that occultic mess to you to shut up and get out. There is not a damn thing they can do.

Greave your dearly departed and move on with your life in the land of the living in FREEDOM. Abi is their demonic culture putting food on your table?

I can already tell that practice is some eastern-igbotic sounding mess. Na Dem be Dem.

You sounded wise,
Till you had to show the disease worrying you.

Bigotry is a disease.. And it bounds fools and limits them

1 Like

Re: What Is The Penalty Given To A Man Who Didn't Pay Lady's Dowry Before She Died? by Ghenisean(m): 7:23pm On Jun 11, 2020
sylve11:

Where for Isoko be that? cool

E done happen for Oleh here ozai.
One staff for our secondary school,Emore Grammar School yo be precise, for 2011 diethat time,her husband na our neighbour him get two wives the deceased was his second wife,na so them run am you hear. undecided undecided
Re: What Is The Penalty Given To A Man Who Didn't Pay Lady's Dowry Before She Died? by Ghenisean(m): 7:24pm On Jun 11, 2020
coputa:
if the woman is from isoko,the man should just run for his dear life,they don't hv conscience.they treat their inlaws like slaves.

You no know wetin you dey talk at all undecided undecided.
Re: What Is The Penalty Given To A Man Who Didn't Pay Lady's Dowry Before She Died? by 2buffagain(m): 7:36pm On Jun 11, 2020
bignero:

You sounded wise,
Till you had to show the disease worrying you.

Bigotry is a disease.. And it bounds fools and limits them

There is nothing bigotric about calling a bad thing bad.

I love all people, Igbo included. I hate stupid cultures.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Penalty Given To A Man Who Didn't Pay Lady's Dowry Before She Died? by sylve11: 7:46pm On Jun 11, 2020
Ghenisean:

E done happen for Oleh here ozai.
One staff for our secondary school,Emore Grammar School yo be precise, for 2011 diethat time,her husband na our neighbour him get two wives the deceased was his second wife,na so them run am you hear. undecided undecided

OKAY BRO. cool

1 Like

Re: What Is The Penalty Given To A Man Who Didn't Pay Lady's Dowry Before She Died? by Majesty33(m): 9:09pm On Jun 11, 2020
I came here to see how ladies will flood this thread.
Re: What Is The Penalty Given To A Man Who Didn't Pay Lady's Dowry Before She Died? by Majesty33(m): 9:12pm On Jun 11, 2020
paulolee:
in ma tribe where am from in india,na woman de pay dowry, so if she doesn't pay and she died, her parents must pay am b4 they do the funeral rites.
Bros are u sure u re from India?Lol

1 Like

Re: What Is The Penalty Given To A Man Who Didn't Pay Lady's Dowry Before She Died? by rationalhuman(m): 9:16pm On Jun 11, 2020
Lol what a joke, First There are no tribes there are Ethinicities and then Casts.

paulolee:
in ma tribe where am from in india,na woman de pay dowry, so if she doesn't pay and she died, her parents must pay am b4 they do the funeral rites.
Re: What Is The Penalty Given To A Man Who Didn't Pay Lady's Dowry Before She Died? by oluwasegun007(m): 9:16pm On Jun 11, 2020
You wanna know,

Marry a lady from South South or maybe Ondo... Jusx not pay her dowry..
Re: What Is The Penalty Given To A Man Who Didn't Pay Lady's Dowry Before She Died? by paulolee(m): 9:18pm On Jun 11, 2020
Majesty33:
Bros are u sure u re from India?Lol
na joke oo
Re: What Is The Penalty Given To A Man Who Didn't Pay Lady's Dowry Before She Died? by Uyigue12(m): 9:24pm On Jun 11, 2020
To me as long as the family free you no implications and you make sure u did the final rites for her...... Partly u self na Boko Haram oooo u keep another man daughter give am Belle yet no gree pay why too bad
Re: What Is The Penalty Given To A Man Who Didn't Pay Lady's Dowry Before She Died? by 2buffagain(m): 9:34pm On Jun 11, 2020
fykes:

Stop typing what u know nothing about
I had a similar experience in umuahia 2015 and nothing happend.
I still talk with all her siblings and even father till now.

That is the exception, not the norm.
Re: What Is The Penalty Given To A Man Who Didn't Pay Lady's Dowry Before She Died? by nwakibe: 9:57pm On Jun 11, 2020
2buffagain:

Why does it matter where she is buried? She is a memory at this point and not tied to any location.
Her soul is no longer concerned with the affairs of this realm. The corpse belongs to the plants at that point. Why pay so much money to specify which plants the corpse will nourish?
Leave that to the earth to sort out.
You are correct, but you know Africans and their beliefs.
Re: What Is The Penalty Given To A Man Who Didn't Pay Lady's Dowry Before She Died? by boxer022(m): 10:31pm On Jun 11, 2020
coputa:
so,there 're tribes that accept bride price in bits

If you agree with the family that you will pay in bits then it is possible.
Re: What Is The Penalty Given To A Man Who Didn't Pay Lady's Dowry Before She Died? by Acme45: 11:04pm On Jun 11, 2020
nwakibe:
In my tribe, no big deal. You have two options. it's either you pay your Dead girlfriend's bride price and bury her in your own community or you allow your in-laws to bury her in their own community which you will not like, especially as you love her and she has a child with you.
which tribe?
Re: What Is The Penalty Given To A Man Who Didn't Pay Lady's Dowry Before She Died? by jmichael259(m): 12:00am On Jun 12, 2020
Re: What Is The Penalty Given To A Man Who Didn't Pay Lady's Dowry Before She Died? by tiswell(m): 6:34am On Jun 12, 2020
Chamber2000:

You are wrong, some communities(name withheld) in Igbo land demands you perform traditional marriage rites on the dead.
Re: What Is The Penalty Given To A Man Who Didn't Pay Lady's Dowry Before She Died? by Laufeyson: 8:05am On Jun 12, 2020
An unfortunate event has occurred there is nothing more you can do about it. Your only punishment (that u seem to be anticipating or craving for) is the sadness you'll feel whenever you think about her and the support and care vaccum she's left in your life. Nothing more. There's no spiritual implication, unless you think and accept there is.
Re: What Is The Penalty Given To A Man Who Didn't Pay Lady's Dowry Before She Died? by frozen70(f): 10:15am On Jun 12, 2020
Omuneizzy6:

Hello Nairalanders, its been a while I was in a grieved and depressed mood, trying to gain back my self.

Let's go straight to the topic.
I will really love you guys to help with your good takes on this issue.

Please don't mind my poor grammar.

Sometimes last year, I was in a relationship with this young pretty girl and later she became pregnant for me. Which I had in mind that we will marry in the nearest future but, yet to settle her bride price.
Though, we really loved each other, I devoted 90% of my effort and time for her genuinely.

Even one of her brothers has met me in different occasions asking when I will see the family but I told him, due to my Assignment and duty location once I settle down I will do that unfailingly.

Let me cut the whole story short.

During her delivery period she passed on while giving birth. I wasn't expecting that though I was really mad. May her soul rest in peace

I asked the brother what will be the next move, he said is to take her home and bury her. within me (just like that?) I couldn't control my tears We took her home and buried her few hours later.

On the fourth day of the burial, my parents asked the brothers and sisters both the elders. so what next they said nothing, after the burial everyone can leave. That was their reply.

My parents was like what of the other side? They said see, we don't want to bother your son we know how they were before the girl died, they really loved each other... If we ask you to pay anything. There is no amount of money paid that will bring back our sister's life so forget, what you people need to do, just stay, observe some rites and traditions like to buy drinks take care of the families and friends.. Till after the normal 8days everyone leaves.

Although, had it been it's in some places the family might not take it likely with me..
I must marry their daughter first,buy wrapper, pay her dowry, pay for the death, I must also prove innocence.

Now the question is, What is the punishment given to a man who didn't pay her lady's dowry before she died in your Place?

In Addition to that, is there any spiritual implications attached to it if a man didn't pay a lady's dowry before she died... Because I'm just scared.

Mod. please I need many takes on this. It will help a brother.

Sorry about the lose

Your saving grace was the true love, devotion and care you gave to her during your courtship

Your love for her was just enough to save you from the huge debt you would have ended up with

I don't want to talk about your penalties for not performing her marriage rites

800,000 wouldn't even have been enough besides they will not bury her until its done
Re: What Is The Penalty Given To A Man Who Didn't Pay Lady's Dowry Before She Died? by khia: 12:35pm On Jun 12, 2021
2buffagain:

Is it igbo or not?
Truth is truth.

If a part of your culture is bad and predatory, say it is bad and let the devil be ashamed.
Igbo people would rather support necrophilia than to go without collecting that wedding list. Na how they go chop x2 from the matter be their only concern, not that the woman has died.

I am not your problem. Go and reform your greedy, demonic culture!
This is the first time that I have come.across this thread Buff, but I would like to ask you Two questions

1. How tall are you?

2. What tribe do you belong to?
Re: What Is The Penalty Given To A Man Who Didn't Pay Lady's Dowry Before She Died? by 2buffagain(m): 2:42am On Jun 13, 2021
khia:

This is the first time that I have come.across this thread Buff, but I would like to ask you Two questions

1. How tall are you?

2. What tribe do you belong to?

1. Why? This would break my anonymity
2. Not Igbo.
Re: What Is The Penalty Given To A Man Who Didn't Pay Lady's Dowry Before She Died? by khia: 3:45am On Jun 13, 2021
2buffagain:

1. Why? This would break my anonymity
2. Not Igbo.

You said you were a big man and I was wondering how tall you were, just my curiosity. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. / 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. / Nigerian Husband Brutalizes His Pretty Wife As She Seeks For Divorce. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.