Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Indian Cops Run Scared Of Nigerian Drug Peddlers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Indian Cops Run Scared Of Nigerian Drug Peddlers (1688 Views)

Breaking News: Fugitive Nigerian Drug Baron Kashamu Arrested after 7hour Seige / Onitsha... Drug Peddlers Haven. / Nigeria: Ndlea Arrests Seven Drug Peddlers At Lagos Airport. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Indian Cops Run Scared Of Nigerian Drug Peddlers by nwabobo: 4:52pm On Jan 24, 2011
MUMBAI: "Don't even mention Nigerian drug dealers to me. They are a headache,"said a Narcotics Control Bureau officer when asked about nationals of this oil-rich west African republic who have been in news lately for their involvement in the international drug trade.

"First of all, our constables are afraid to go near Nigerian suspects who are invariably well-built and intimidating,"said the NCB officer.

"Moreover, there is a widespread belief among cops that Nigerians arrested in narcotics cases suffer from AIDS. During interrogation, they threaten to bite constables and transmit the disease,"said a former NCB official.

Sometimes an accused suffers from skin diseases and constables hesitate to touch him. Women too have a novel way of intimidating the cops. When the questioning starts, they strip and start screaming, putting our officials on the back foot,"said an officer.

"Most Nigerians prefer to remain silent during questioning and don't cooperate with the officers at all. Either they pretend not to understand English or they mislead investigators by giving vague information. We have never found them to spill the beans on other persons involved in the crime. A Nigerian drug suspect will never reveal his links in the drug trade,"an NCB officer said.

"We have to understand that Nigerians involved in the drug trade are thorough professionals. Some of them have been at it for decades and have been held by police across the world. They have spent time in jail in every continent. So they naturally know how to deal with cops and their methods of questioning. The police hold no fear for them,"added the same officer.

These Nigerians are also well aware of the law - if police officials use harsh methods to interrogate them, they are quick to complain to a magistrate about the torture. In jail too, they are known to stay close to each other and not mix with other inmates.

They speak their own native language to communicate (Nigeria has over 250 dialects). Even dreaded members of the underworld prefer to maintain a safe distance from Nigerian undertrials.

"The only way to crack down on the international drugs trade is through effective intelligence gathering. Third
degree methods of regular policing will not work here,"said former IPS officer Y P Singh.

"The drug trade can only be busted by keeping tabs on the money trail and getting inputs from international agencies,"he added.

Some Nigerian nationals, it's alleged, bring cocaine from Latin American countries into India and smuggle Indian heroin abroad.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Cops-run-scared-of-Nigerian-drug-peddlers/articleshow/1636916.cms
Re: Indian Cops Run Scared Of Nigerian Drug Peddlers by buzugee(m): 5:52pm On Jan 24, 2011
get rich or die trying cry
Re: Indian Cops Run Scared Of Nigerian Drug Peddlers by EzeUche2(m): 5:57pm On Jan 24, 2011
The Nigerian state is representative of the Nigerian people.
Re: Indian Cops Run Scared Of Nigerian Drug Peddlers by Jen33(m): 5:58pm On Jan 24, 2011
"Moreover, there is a widespread belief among cops that Nigerians arrested in narcotics cases suffer from AIDS.''

More like there is widespread belief among Indians that all Africans suffer from AIDS, since most Indians are too poor, prejudiced, stuppid, and ignorant of their own wretched, poverty-stricken environment, to know much else about the rest of the inhabited world.
Re: Indian Cops Run Scared Of Nigerian Drug Peddlers by buzugee(m): 6:08pm On Jan 24, 2011
EzeUche_:

The Nigerian state is representative of the Nigerian people.
does that include or exclude you ? grin
Re: Indian Cops Run Scared Of Nigerian Drug Peddlers by buzugee(m): 6:09pm On Jan 24, 2011
Jen33:

More like there is widespread belief among Indians that all Africans suffer from AIDS, since most Indians are too poor, prejudiced, stuppid, and ignorant of their own wretched, poverty-stricken environment, to know much else about the rest of the inhabited world.
and you have spoken to every 1 billion indian for you to come to this conclusion ? undecided
Re: Indian Cops Run Scared Of Nigerian Drug Peddlers by EzeUche2(m): 6:23pm On Jan 24, 2011
buzugee:

does that include or exclude you ? grin

I claim Nigerian when it is convenient for me. In this situation, it is not convenient.for me. grin
Re: Indian Cops Run Scared Of Nigerian Drug Peddlers by buzugee(m): 6:47pm On Jan 24, 2011
EzeUche_:

I claim Nigerian when it is convenient for me. In this situation, it is not convenient.for me. grin
ahhhhh i see mi amigos grin
Re: Indian Cops Run Scared Of Nigerian Drug Peddlers by bkbabe97y(m): 7:28pm On Jan 24, 2011
We all know the Indians are talking about the Ibos, right?
Re: Indian Cops Run Scared Of Nigerian Drug Peddlers by mensdept: 7:40pm On Jan 24, 2011
bk.babe97y:

We all know the Indians are talking about the Ibos, right?

Dont be silly ode. They are talking about your black azz. Indians think they are better than Africans and equal to whites, when they are not even close to either.

Jen33:

And for all our Naija babes sporting saris and wanting to Indiannize their self, una beta wake up and stop acting silly.
Re: Indian Cops Run Scared Of Nigerian Drug Peddlers by EzeUche2(m): 7:59pm On Jan 24, 2011
If people read the article though, the Indians seem very intimidated by Nigerians. Our large size and no fear attitude has cause their very own police to fear us. They even said we are professionals when it comes to that illicit trade.
Re: Indian Cops Run Scared Of Nigerian Drug Peddlers by mensdept: 8:09pm On Jan 24, 2011
EzeUche_:

If people read the article though, the Indians seem very intimidated by Nigerians. Our large size and no fear attitude has cause their very own police to fear us. They even said we are professionals when it comes to that illicit trade.

If you actually READ [/b]the article, you'll find it as an attempt by silly [b]Indians to take cheap shots at Nigerians/Africans. Yes, many of our people, including you, may be forgetful children or reason like children, but Indians are not better than us. PERIOD
Re: Indian Cops Run Scared Of Nigerian Drug Peddlers by EzeUche2(m): 9:09pm On Jan 24, 2011
mens dept:

If you actually READ [/b]the article, you'll find it as an attempt by silly [b]Indians to take cheap shots at Nigerians/Africans. Yes, many of our people, including you, may be forgetful children or reason like children, but Indians are not better than us. PERIOD

Seems like you didn't read anything. But want to argue for the sake of arguing.

"First of all, our constables are afraid to go near Nigerian suspects who are invariably well-built and intimidating,"said the NCB officer.

"We have to understand that Nigerians involved in the drug trade are thorough professionals."

What does the two previous sentences tell you? And what the hell are you talking about? Was I denying the fact that Indians view Africans as inferior? No. So shut the hell up with all that nonsense and stop arguing for the sake of arguing.
Re: Indian Cops Run Scared Of Nigerian Drug Peddlers by Tsiya(m): 11:21pm On Jan 24, 2011
These Indians are really very silly. From the same newspaper the have an article about population growth
In the midst of all the handwringing over population explosion in the country, the Indian government might miss preparing for a global record-setting event — the birth of the baby that would take the population of planet earth to the seven billion mark.

The momentous birth is projected to happen towards the October or November. But what's that got to do with India? Well, we just happen to be the country with by far the highest number of babies born every minute at 51. That means the probability of Baby 7 Billion being an Indian is higher than for any other nationality. I[b]n fact, Uttar Pradesh alone has about 11 babies born every minute a figure that no nation other than China exceeds and Nigeria matches.[/b]
Re: Indian Cops Run Scared Of Nigerian Drug Peddlers by Jen33(m): 11:32pm On Jan 24, 2011
Mumbai slum:

See the people that think they're better than Nigerians.

As OBJ would say, I dey laff!  grin grin
Re: Indian Cops Run Scared Of Nigerian Drug Peddlers by namfav(m): 9:58am On Jan 25, 2011
i know where the indian cop are coming from, whats worse than a drug dealing stinking igbo women stripping infront of you
Re: Indian Cops Run Scared Of Nigerian Drug Peddlers by bkbabe97y(m): 3:20pm On Jan 25, 2011
mens dept:

Dont be silly ode. They are talking about your black azz. Indians think they are better than Africans and equal to whites, when they are not even close to either.

The furxckin Indian guy at the gas station? I dont fuxcking think so!

BTW, whose "Black Azz"? Mine or yours?
Re: Indian Cops Run Scared Of Nigerian Drug Peddlers by ifyalways(f): 3:29pm On Jan 25, 2011
namfav:

i know where the indian cop are coming from, whats worse than a drug dealing stinking igbo women stripping infront of you
Hahaha,lekwa aturu Fulani. cheesy
Re: Indian Cops Run Scared Of Nigerian Drug Peddlers by TheClown: 3:59pm On Jan 25, 2011
Indians are the worst racists on earth. They treat blacks like shit and worship the whites like gods.
Re: Indian Cops Run Scared Of Nigerian Drug Peddlers by philip0906(m): 4:16pm On Jan 25, 2011
The Clown:

Indians are  the worst racists on earth. They treat blacks like poo and worship the whites like gods.
so indians r neither white nor black then?   grin grin
Re: Indian Cops Run Scared Of Nigerian Drug Peddlers by namfav(m): 4:55pm On Jan 25, 2011
ifyalways:

Hahaha,lekwa aturu Fulani. cheesy

w/e
Re: Indian Cops Run Scared Of Nigerian Drug Peddlers by buzugee(m): 4:59pm On Jan 25, 2011
The Clown:

Indians are the worst racists on earth. They treat blacks like poo and worship the whites like gods.
[quote][/quote] very blanket statement. indians are very visual people. if you are a well dressed good looking black person they treat you with so much respect. i know because most of my best friends in england were pakistani and indian. but if you look like you are just fresh of the boat, they look at you with disdain. they also do the same to indians fresh of the boat

indians come from a poverty ridden background and as such they respect success in anyone. just so happens that the most successful people (albeit through colonialism and thievery) are white. you dont want to see how indians treat poor white people in northern england. they physically gang up on them and beat them up. i have seen it with my own eyes.
Re: Indian Cops Run Scared Of Nigerian Drug Peddlers by safariman(m): 5:04pm On Jan 25, 2011
What about using their talisman?
Re: Indian Cops Run Scared Of Nigerian Drug Peddlers by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 25, 2011
these people have reached India too?

Seems like only Nigerians can deal with them.

(1) (Reply)

Imo Acn Kicks Against Futo Vc As Returning Officer! Breaking News. / NEW VIDEOS: Ojukwu Responds To Nigerians And To His Earlier Interview (3 VIDEOS) / PDP Crisis: Sack Minister Of Aviation, Others And Bring In Politicians- Thisday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.